Sushi Master
TalkingReckless
Highburied
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Aaron Ramsey Empty Aaron Ramsey

Post by Highburied Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:42 am

He had the freedom which he couldnt have while playing with Rosicky and he did exceptionally well tonight.

Im really excited to see him and Arteta in midfield.

I wish nothing but to see our young players take the chances and not let us fans call for someone like hazard and goetze to come in for big money with no guarantee of big improvement.

So my question is... where do you see Ramsey? What position?

And... would you rather work with him or sign a big name talent?

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Aaron Ramsey Empty Re: Aaron Ramsey

Post by TalkingReckless Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:54 am

B2B or AMC.....i don't think he has the required abilities atm to play a playermaker role....and his defending isn't that bad.....

i don't know how good Arteta is at the deep playingmaking role haven't really seen much of him....so all depends on him
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:17 am

I see Ramsey in the MC position, similar to where Wilshere plays but a bit higher up. He showed some great vision today and set piece taking. I'd say he could maybe play the playmaker position sometime in the future, but he's just not ready yet. At least not in Arsenal's style, since a slower tempo seemps to suit him best.

I don't know, but 4-3-3 just seems good to me, having both Jack and Ramsey fit. Long term I mean. It could also work in a 4-1-4-1 or 4-5-1, depending on tactics. This would be the central area.

Wilshere Ramsey
Song

Song as a dedicated DM, staying back at all times, Wilshere as a B2B and Ramsey in an advanced passing role.

Frimpong as Song backup, M'Vila as Song/Ramsey backup and whoever makes it, say, Lansbury as Wilshere backup.

Whoa, dreamy post here.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:28 pm

If it was not for his injuries, he would have been a big star. I am happy with his performance this year. If there is a player that can one day walk Cesc shoes, could be Ramsey.

I think Arteta will be a big help for Ramsey, do we need a big name player? I would not mind that at all.

I am so excited for the next game, Ramsey slowly getting back to his old self. I am not sure if you guys remember before his injure he was out shining both Cesc and jack.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:34 pm

Arteta <3
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by julias Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:41 pm

maybe its just me but I wasn't majorly impressed yesterday, in fact i think he showed immaturity a few times on the ball

I find Ramsey to be a ball hog, there was one situation i remember vividly when he received the ball on the middle of his half and saw his fb bombing on which would have taken them into Englands half. Instead of playing that ball and following his pass he chose to spin on the ball, without another actual or even better option already foreseen and subsequently could not find another pass for a good 5 seconds, needless to say Wales got trapped in their own half because this had brought on unnecessary pressure and ended up losing the ball

from a counter attack to being put under pressure deep in your own half, that is the effect of one poor decision at the top level

However I do think Ramsey can be our "cesc" replacement somewhere in the future but to rely on him now on a regular basis to me is foolish

due to his injury his development has now become a slow more gradual one, no Willy like development that is gone imo

hopefully he can learn alot from Arteta and prove me wrong
julias
julias
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by julias Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:45 pm

and what the hell is Lansbury doing on loan somewhere, he is looking good right now

I fear he will be another good youth player we release without actually giving a chance
julias
julias
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamin Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:08 pm

we should stop the 'replacement' thing.

we never replaced henry or vieira and we will never replace cesc. So we should try to help Ramsey improve and being his own self.
Jamin
Jamin
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

http://twitter.com/#!/J_Amin94

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:41 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:I am so excited for the next game, Ramsey slowly getting back to his old self. I am not sure if you guys remember before his injure he was out shining both Cesc and jack.
Jack wasn't playing for our first team yet when Ramsey got injured Wink

I agree though, he has tons of potential. It's strange that just a few weeks ago people were talking about how he would never be the same. I guess that's football...
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:52 pm

I wouldn't pay much attention to his performance against England. Ramsey shined because he was given the time on the ball by an average midfield. Even then, I don't remember him doing anything remarkably good.

A true marker of his talent would be a good performance up against real disciplined midfielders or midfielders constantly hounding him. He faced neither against England at Wembley but in the reverse fixture in Cardiff, Ramsey was anonymous up against the midfield of Wilshere and Parker. He didn't do so well up against Udinese and Liverpool either - borh of whom have those sort of midfielders.

I believe this to be Ramsey's biggest issue at the moment: his decsion making on the ball is a bit sluggish. Someone mentioned that he's hogging the ball a bit. In my opinion that's because he's not entirely sure what to do with it. Notice that in the England/Wales game the tempo was notably slow, which aided decsion making.

For me, the best midfielders are the ones who can make the right decision under high pressure, which is why Cesc was so ridiculously good and why I believe Wilshere is currently a surperior player to Ramsey.

It's not a lost cause for Ramsey. It's impossible for a player to be out for such a long amount of time and not be impacted by it negatively. Right now I think he'll benefit from playing alongside an experienced player that's not past it. With the pressure off lightly he can grow in confidence and improve.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by djellisdee Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:57 am

im sorry, but Rosicky hasn't been like his Dortmund days.
djellisdee
djellisdee
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:14 am

Give Ramsey freedom would be a disaster right now, he looked totally lost last couple of games and it's not like he not trying. I believe Wenger, his team mates and the fans expect too much of him. Prior to the injury, he's just a young lad with great potential and had great run of games, and I think Wenger should just start from there again.

He made some questionable passes, ball hogging, has lower work rate than Rosicky and like some of you said bad decision making. Put him in the position where he can improve his stamina, work rate, confidence, can not ball hog and his final ball mistake is not so costly (b2b imo). Kinda like Wenger did it last year with Jack by putting him in unfamiliar position, maybe he can do the same with Ramsey.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:15 am

djellisdee wrote:im sorry, but Rosicky hasn't been like his Dortmund days.

Those days are gone man, poor guy injuries destroyed him.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:56 am

Say all you want about Ramsey...but workrate? Stamina? He has been the player to cover most ground in almost all the matches we've played. Lets not start making stuff up, shall we?
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:06 am

Give him a bit of time...he is still learning
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:38 am

Iceman wrote:Say all you want about Ramsey...but workrate? Stamina? He has been the player to cover most ground in almost all the matches we've played. Lets not start making stuff up, shall we?
Thumbs up

Give Ramsey some time and he will be back to his old form. Its not that he is playing shit at the moment. Yes he didnt do anything special but he did manage to play well. He played well against England according to me. England didnt have thier best midfield but they did have some good players like Barry, Milner and Lampard and playing against them isnt that easy. Wilshere and Ramsey will be the future of arsenal.
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:41 am

Twoism wrote:
He made some questionable passes, ball hogging, has lower work rate than Rosicky and like some of you said bad decision making. Put him in the position where he can improve his stamina, work rate, confidence, can not ball hog and his final ball mistake is not so costly (b2b imo). Kinda like Wenger did it last year with Jack by putting him in unfamiliar position, maybe he can do the same with Ramsey.

Are you serious?
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:04 pm

Here is an interesting article, which directly relates to Ramsey. And because the rumour thread was done and dusted, I didnt know where else to put this. Check it out, Its food for thought.
ps: Montolivo will be 27 when we get him for FREE in January. Do you think wenger will consider him, or do you think adding another play maker is an overkill because we already have 2 players for that position?

Arsenal target Italian international on a free transfer
Filed Under (Transfer Talk) by Gooner

The transfer window may be closed now until in reopens in January but that will not stop Arsenal being linked with new players either to buy in January or next summer.

Reports are already suggesting that Arsenal are targeting Fiorentina midfielder Riccardo Montolivo. Montolivo is a holding midfielder who is already an Italian international.

Aged 26, Montolivo is in the final year of his contract with Fiorentina and if he does not sign a new contract, he will be available on a free transfer next summer.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:11 pm

Arsenalfaithfull wrote:Here is an interesting article, which directly relates to Ramsey. And because the rumour thread was done and dusted, I didnt know where else to put this. Check it out, Its food for thought.
ps: Montolivo will be 27 when we get him for FREE in January. Do you think wenger will consider him, or do you think adding another play maker is an overkill because we already have 2 players for that position?

Arsenal target Italian international on a free transfer
Filed Under (Transfer Talk) by Gooner

The transfer window may be closed now until in reopens in January but that will not stop Arsenal being linked with new players either to buy in January or next summer.

Reports are already suggesting that Arsenal are targeting Fiorentina midfielder Riccardo Montolivo. Montolivo is a holding midfielder who is already an Italian international.

Aged 26, Montolivo is in the final year of his contract with Fiorentina and if he does not sign a new contract, he will be available on a free transfer next summer.

He is a quality player who has never reached his potential.....i would like us to sign him because he would come on a free, he could be a success or he could be another Aquilani Laughing
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:17 pm

I think Aqualani was the victim of being signed at the wrong time. His injuries certainly didn't help. He would have been amazing for Pool right now. I think it all came down to mismanagement. Montolivo is dif because he stays deeper in the mormation, and is a legit resista. Often compared to Pirlo but with more aggression. Would he hinder Ramsey?
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:28 pm

Signing Montolivo wouldn't hinder Ramsey. Only player it would effect is Diaby, who's days at Arsenal are surely numbered.

Young players like Wilshere and Ramsey shouldn't be playing 40+ games every season. It'll burn them out far sooner than usual. There would be a lot of benefits of signing another experienced midfielder.

On top of improving the midfields overall quality (essientially replacing Diaby with Montolivo), we add another player the youngsters can look up to and learn from, and a player who would take away some of the pressure on these youngsters on top of that.

Cutting Wilshere's and Ramsey's game time by about 10-20 games wouldn't be a bad thing.

In saying that, I don't expect us to sign another midfielder - even if it's a major bargain - and will likely keep a slot open for Ozyakup or Ebecillio sometime in the near future.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:32 pm

if i hear wenger saying " diaby is still short of coming back" or " diaby will be back in 4 weeks time " Then i'll really start questioning the logic of letting him stay.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:34 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:Signing Montolivo wouldn't hinder Ramsey. Only player it would effect is Diaby, who's days at Arsenal are surely numbered.

Young players like Wilshere and Ramsey shouldn't be playing 40+ games every season. It'll burn them out far sooner than usual. There would be a lot of benefits of signing another experienced midfielder.

On top of improving the midfields overall quality (essientially replacing Diaby with Montolivo), we add another player the youngsters can look up to and learn from, and a player who would take away some of the pressure on these youngsters on top of that.

Cutting Wilshere's and Ramsey's game time by about 10-20 games wouldn't be a bad thing.

In saying that, I don't expect us to sign another midfielder - even if it's a major bargain - and will likely keep a slot open for Ozyakup or Ebecillio sometime in the near future.

That is where we'd be going wrong.. Promoting youngsters and putting their bodies through 50 games a season before they hit puberty. Neutral

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:36 pm

srigooner wrote:
GoonerJay29 wrote:Signing Montolivo wouldn't hinder Ramsey. Only player it would effect is Diaby, who's days at Arsenal are surely numbered.

That is where we'd be going wrong.. Promoting youngsters and putting their bodies through 50 games a season before they hit puberty. Neutral

well said.....just cause a young player is talented doesn't mean they have to be playing every game
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:42 pm

That is where we'd be going wrong.. Promoting youngsters and putting their bodies through 50 games a season before they hit puberty.

well said.....just cause a young player is talented doesn't mean they have to be playing every game

Which is why I would be happy if we did sign Montolivo, especially on a free.

It's just that I know how we do things. There's still someone like Henri Lasnbury to consider; someone that actually does deserve a run in the first team. Wouldn't surprise me at all if next summer we promoted him and sold Diaby (and Denilson, of course).

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next