Iceman
Sushi Master
EL Patron
TalkingReckless
Jay29
28 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Arsenal 1 - 0 Swansea: Not pretty, but Arsenal win  - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal 1 - 0 Swansea: Not pretty, but Arsenal win

Post by RealGunner Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:28 pm

I wouldnt take anything from this performance. It wasn't the player's quality. Most of them played 2 matches in space of 10 days while most of the Swansea players had a 1 week of holidays.

I think it's obvious who's going to outperform who ?

Despite that Our players gave everything they could and Please, dont blame any of them.

Arteta played really deep, Ramsey was more forward then him. Think that was an experiment by wenger to see how Ramsey would do with Arteta. Also We changed our formation to 4-3-3 instead of 4-2-3-1. That affected the performance as well

Frimpong wasnt the motm for me, he was good but not that good, imo.

Think Koscielny/Mertesacker/Arshavin should be the MOTM, Both were excellent.

We need games to gel, that much is obvious. So ignore the performance from today's match and lets focus on Dortmund.

1-0 win, clean sheet. Yea good weekend imo

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Arsenal 1 - 0 Swansea: Not pretty, but Arsenal win  - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal 1 - 0 Swansea: Not pretty, but Arsenal win

Post by 23arshavin23 Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:30 pm

gunnerlistick wrote:
23arshavin23 wrote:
gunnerlistick wrote:
23arshavin23 wrote: MOTM for this match would be no one lol seriously

how ??

what about chez ??

Team dench ??

Sagna ??

scratch

They performed very well...especially Team dench. As a team we din't play well but there was some very good individual performances out there today.
what about them, explain ??

average performance against a bottom side is performing well ? Shocked and whats this team dench ? ive never even heard of this before
23arshavin23
23arshavin23
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:36 pm

23arshavin23 wrote:
gunnerlistick wrote:
23arshavin23 wrote:
gunnerlistick wrote:
23arshavin23 wrote: MOTM for this match would be no one lol seriously

how ??

what about chez ??

Team dench ??

Sagna ??

scratch

They performed very well...especially Team dench. As a team we din't play well but there was some very good individual performances out there today.
what about them, explain ??

average performance against a bottom side is performing well ? Shocked and whats this team dench ? ive never even heard of this before

Swansea are not average...they are a decent side

The guy did well and ran is bollocks off....breaking up play all day while others couldn't be arsed pressing, give him some credithttp://www.wordonroad.tv/london-vids/lethal-bizzle-fire-camp-gmta-dench-stamina-official-video/ there is some team dench Laughing
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:37 pm

94 - Mertesacker's passing accuracy (94%) was the best at Arsenal
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:38 pm

RealGunner wrote:94 - Mertesacker's passing accuracy (94%) was the best at Arsenal

promote him to centre mid...he will do a better job than Diaby Laughing
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:42 pm

This is the sort of game where you have to take the bad with the good. We can't really condemn the performance. Yes, it was a newly promoted side and we were at home, but this current team have very little confidence and are still gelling together. We probably should have curbed our expectations somewhat before the game.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Emaharg Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:02 pm

Swansea hold the ball well if you watched them last season one thing they do well is retain possession, against Man City in the first half they had 70% possession. After the international break we never really preform as we all know from the few years, a better indication will be over the next three weeks.
I am happy we had a clean sheet did well at set pieces(mostly) and created chances, Gervinho and Song will be back next week!
MOTM for me would be Woj he did well the whole game apart from that one corner.
Emaharg
Emaharg
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by mani88 Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:09 pm

I really don't give a sh*t how we play until we keep winning!!! BTW getting 3 points on these bad performances is what we've been missing for few years now!!!
mani88
mani88
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:18 pm

Man of the Match imo... Andrei Arshavin!

When he got the chance he finished well from an acute angle. He got himself into good positions and he always made some good passes
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by usman111 Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:19 pm

Player Ratings
Wojceich Szcesny - 8. made good saves and one or two errors. could have been fatal but its not his fault forward line didn't score. he did an excellent job.

Laurent Koscielny - 7. the best defender made 3-4 last ditch tackles.

Per Mertesacker - 6.5 didnt effectively use his height as he didnt win many headers. his positioning was great as always and caused problems for swansea players as they didnt know where to play the through balls

Kieran Gibbs - 7. Looked good going forward and defensively.

Bacary Sagna - 5.8 . was caught out of position many times but still okay, maybe thats due to the walcott not tracking back but still he should have done better to stop those crosses into the box.

Emmanuel Frimpong - 6. good but he did many misplaced places. should consider himself a dm but he is going forward too much. dont know why he went off in 2nd half. still an aggressive tackler cost arsenal a freekick on which swansea almost scored.

Aaron Ramsey - 6. he impressed me and i think he will be soon to his best. thats because instead of picking an easy pass everytime he is know charging on the defenders and like the ramsey i remember

Mikel Arteta - 7. A solid showing both offensively and defensively. Needs to be more creative.

Andrei Arshavin - 7. Scored the goal but did nothing else. a very good performance saw him moving into central midfield during counters could have done better with one in the 1st half/

Theo Walcott - 4. started good but his decision making was lacking today. after yellow card the worst arsenal player on the pitch

Robin van Persie - 7.
shot hit the bar once and good performance. he needs help from mid but cant get it. was poor on freekicks.

-----------------------------------------

Francis Coquelin - 6.

Yossi Benayoun - 6. goood debut looked to help the team in defending and attack.

Marouane Chaamkh - 6.[/quote] missed a chance.

overall : 6/10
usman111
usman111
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:22 pm

Reserving opinion till MOTD. Glad we got the win though.
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:52 pm

I thought Arshavin was actually very influential in the first half and made quite a few good plays to put people through, but disappeared in the second.

Ramsey as well looked good at times but wore down as time went on. That pass at the end right to the Swansea defender when we were breaking 4 vs 1 was head-in-hand stuff.

I was impressed enough by our new signings. Mertesacker beside Vermaelen will be a wall IMO, and Arteta drifted in and out but I was impressed by how well he fit into our side. Benayoun was meh, but he should get better.

A shout out to Szczesny: please stop doing tricks when getting closed down. It worked today, but it stopped my heart for a second!
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mzamani Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Clean sheet at home? i would take that anyday. not the most amazing game, but when last did we have that? btw, who is Team Dench?
mzamani
mzamani
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:54 pm

^Emmanuel FrimBOSS
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by cheesy Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:55 pm

I think this is just what Arsenal need in a way. Many expected them to produce their dazzling football and run away with this game, but a gritty 1-0 win will do no harm to them.

cheesy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:56 pm

mzamani wrote:Clean sheet at home? i would take that anyday. not the most amazing game, but when last did we have that? btw, who is Team Dench?
Arsenal 1 - 0 Swansea: Not pretty, but Arsenal win  - Page 2 13822504334e65d66f91a5f

denchhhhhhhhhhhhhh Laughing
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:41 pm

gunnerlistick wrote:
mzamani wrote:Clean sheet at home? i would take that anyday. not the most amazing game, but when last did we have that? btw, who is Team Dench?
Arsenal 1 - 0 Swansea: Not pretty, but Arsenal win  - Page 2 13822504334e65d66f91a5f

Really what is Dench?
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:45 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:
gunnerlistick wrote:

Really what is Dench?
thttp://www.wordonroad.tv/london-vids/lethal-bizzle-fire-camp-gmta-dench-stamina-official-video

its a slang from a song
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Spider Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:49 pm

hmmm so 1-0 eahh

I was at work today so i didn't watch the match :S

Anyway thanx GJ for the report it was very helpfull

Idk why but i have this feeling that we are back on square one just like when we lost hlep / flamini / henry it took us many years to creat another great team in ( Cesc-Nasri-.Wilshere -..) but now we are starting from the very begining with ( Arteta - Ramsey - frmbong - ...)

So i believe that we won't win anything for the next tow years at least :S
Spider
Spider
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/#!/ma7moud_21

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:50 am

Spider wrote:hmmm so 1-0 eahh

I was at work today so i didn't watch the match :S

Anyway thanx GJ for the report it was very helpfull

Idk why but i have this feeling that we are back on square one just like when we lost hlep / flamini / henry it took us many years to creat another great team in ( Cesc-Nasri-.Wilshere -..) but now we are starting from the very begining with ( Arteta - Ramsey - frmbong - ...)

So i believe that we won't win anything for the next tow years at least :S

You forgot that, Gervinho and Song are coming back and Wilshere will be back soon, he is a lion.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:30 am

Both player ratings spelt Szczesny wrong ==
I thought Wilshere was out for like 2-3 months?
That's not soon :L

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:30 am

anyone else impressed by Arteta like i was? Man his passing is really accurate.
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:50 am

FIRST GAME THIS SEASON WE HAVEN'T BEEN RED CARDED :lol!:

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:30 am

Koscielny has a 91% aerial duel success rate in the PL this season - Phil Jagielka 60%, Gary Cahill 59%, Chris Samba 25%

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:38 am

Mertesacker
Aerial duels: 0%
Passes completed: 94%

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:21 pm

Frimpong 7? No way. Showed he needs a loan out imo. Too aggressive and lost the ball countless times.

Sagna was beaten twice very easily by Sinclair too, not solid at all.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next