[ 11 ]
The revenge of Ibra? Vote_lcap16%The revenge of Ibra? Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 5 ]
The revenge of Ibra? Vote_lcap9%The revenge of Ibra? Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 3 ]
The revenge of Ibra? Vote_lcap41%The revenge of Ibra? Vote_rcap 41% 
[ 13 ]

Total Votes : 32

The revenge of Ibra? Empty The revenge of Ibra?

Post by Giovanni10 Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:34 am

Simple poll. If you feel you need to discuss why or why not he will score then feel free to do that
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

http://newsfromthelogcabin.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

The revenge of Ibra? Empty Re: The revenge of Ibra?

Post by Giovanni10 Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:36 am

I went for a middle of the road answer: scores at the San Siro.

I think Barca will be geared up for his return to the Nou Camp and pay special attention to him. Hence he will be ineffective

BUT going into the San Siro tie he will probably surprise them with a goal or two.
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:40 am

Early in the season is probably the best time to play against Barcelona, but I still think there will be a clear gap between these two teams.

Ibra to score in Milan.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:41 am

I personally don't think Ibra will score as despite him scoring against every single one of his former teams (funny isn't it?) I feel he will have a CR7esque mental block here just because he wants to prove Pep wrong for so many reasons. And the rule is when Ibra is playing an emotional battle rather then football, he does not score.

He will still do his wonderful playmaking but not score.

Plus, Milan's midfield will not supply him any service enough since it will be dominated by Barca's
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanni10 Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:42 am

LOL!

Its so predictable that Arc chose the first option! Passionate Milanista!
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanni10 Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:44 am

Arquitecto wrote:I personally don't think Ibra will score as despite him scoring against every single one of his former teams (funny isn't it?) I feel he will have a CR7esque mental block here just because he wants to prove Pep wrong for so many reasons. And the rule is when Ibra is playing an emotional battle rather then football, he does not score.

Plus, Milan's midfield will not supply him any service enough since it will be dominated by Barca's

Appears I was wrong then, Arc's taken the pessimists view
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:46 am

Giovanni10 wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:I personally don't think Ibra will score as despite him scoring against every single one of his former teams (funny isn't it?) I feel he will have a CR7esque mental block here just because he wants to prove Pep wrong for so many reasons. And the rule is when Ibra is playing an emotional battle rather then football, he does not score.

Pessimistic? More like a calculated guess and knowledge of my players.

I am never ever pessimistic for Milan against any team unless they will play Barca.

Simply because we have the midfield as our weakpoint and their midfield is their strong point.

They will control the midfield whereas ours most probably will be chasing shadows with with their aging legs.

X-factor here is no one except Allegri himself.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fadi Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:56 am

ibra will choke as he always does in big games, if he scores tomorrow i will stop posting here for good..
Fadi
Fadi
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanni10 Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:57 am

Arquitecto wrote:
Giovanni10 wrote:

I am never ever pessimistic for Milan against any team unless they will play Barca.

Simply because we have the midfield as our weakpoint and their midfield is their strong point.

They will control the midfield whereas ours most probably will be chasing shadows with with their aging legs.

No I'm with you on that one.. Old legs will most assuredly result in no service for Ibra and a FAIL at the Nou Camp.

If Ambro or Gattuso start in midfield, they're screwed.

I'd go with KPB, van Bomb (despite his age, he gets around the park better), Aquaman and Nocerino. diamond 4

Van Bomb
Nocerino KPB
Aquaman

Pato Ibra

The game is going to be too fast paced for Cassano, have to leave him out.. Ok getting a bit OT now, but i think with this formation Ibra will get service
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rabea Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:29 am

Fadi wrote:ibra will choke as he always does in big games, if he scores tomorrow i will stop posting here for good..

Goodbye.

Rabea
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by spanky Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:52 am

that piece of junk wont even come close to scoring, u guys will see why pep got rid of him.
spanky
spanky
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:56 am

Giovanni10 wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:
Giovanni10 wrote:

No I'm with you on that one.. Old legs will most assuredly result in no service for Ibra and a FAIL at the Nou Camp.

I'd go with KPB, van Bomb (despite his age, he gets around the park better), Aquaman and Nocerino. diamond 4

Van Bomb
Nocerino KPB
Aquaman

Pato Ibra

The game is going to be too fast paced for Cassano, have to leave him out.. Ok getting a bit OT now, but i think with this formation Ibra will get service

Some good points here Gio.

Here is my line-up

-Abbiati-
-Abate-Nesta-Silva-Zambrotta-
-Ambrosini-MVB-Aquilani
Cassano
Ibra-Pato

I disagree with your point on Cassano as he is a player who compensates for his lack of pace with his intelligence and positioning and performs purely on a technical basis.

I would place him in the starting purely because of his orgasmic combinations with Ibra as the chemistry is superb.

Pato has shown better chemistry with Ibra then before and should be given a free role while Ibra will drop deep to distribute.

I wouldn't add Nocerino as he has little european and big game experience so therefore Ambrosini will be in there as he has shown in the past 2 years he can cope in Europe in big games as he has done so against Marsielle, Real Madrid, United (first leg) etc. He is the midfield worker but has very underrated technical skills and wins balls in the air. Besides, he is the capitano.

MVB is a given as his experience, underrated passing and intelligence will be a crucial fulcrum to our midfield.

I place Aquilani deep so he can be the prime midfield passing mid while Cassano will be TQ as he has shown he can play there.

Backline with Zambrotta? He is slow as hell but makes up for it with his sharp defensive mind and positioning.

Subs: Seedorf, Robinho, KPB.

Cassano has low stamina so seedorf should be coming in as his impact sub role and Robinho should be able to replace Pato if he does not perform. KPB is based on tactics of the moment.

The key in this game is to not play Barca in their own game but to be decisive in passing and lightening fast on counter attack.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanni10 Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:29 pm

Arquitecto wrote:
Giovanni10 wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:
Giovanni10 wrote:

Van Bomb
Nocerino KPB
Aquaman

Pato Ibra

Some good points here Gio.

Here is my line-up

-Abbiati-
-Abate-Nesta-Silva-Zambrotta-
-Ambrosini-MVB-Aquilani
Cassano
Ibra-Pato

I disagree with your point on Cassano as he is a player who compensates for his lack of pace with his intelligence and positioning and performs purely on a technical basis.

I would place him in the starting purely because of his orgasmic combinations with Ibra as the chemistry is superb.

Pato has shown better chemistry with Ibra then before and should be given a free role while Ibra will drop deep to distribute.

I wouldn't add Nocerino as he has little european and big game experience so therefore Ambrosini will be in there as he has shown in the past 2 years he can cope in Europe in big games as he has done so against Marsielle, Real Madrid, United (first leg) etc. He is the midfield worker but has very underrated technical skills and wins balls in the air. Besides, he is the capitano.

MVB is a given as his experience, underrated passing and intelligence will be a crucial fulcrum to our midfield.

I place Aquilani deep so he can be the prime midfield passing mid while Cassano will be TQ as he has shown he can play there.

Backline with Zambrotta? He is slow as hell but makes up for it with his sharp defensive mind and positioning.

Subs: Seedorf, Robinho, KPB.

Cassano has low stamina so seedorf should be coming in as his impact sub role and Robinho should be able to replace Pato if he does not perform. KPB is based on tactics of the moment.

The key in this game is to not play Barca in their own game but to be decisive in passing and lightening fast on counter attack.

I'm not following your logic here Arc. You say you don't want to play Barca at their own game but then why have Aquaman; and then Cassano as TQ.. then denotes that you want to keep possession instead of hit on the break. I think your formation is too attacking for the Nou Camp.

I would be willing to risk Nocerino over Ambro for that RM/RCM position because if you think of it- the direct opposition for that man is going to be Iniesta. Ambro won't be able to cope with Iniesta defensively, hence MVB has to come across = one gaping hole in central midfield.

If you keep the midfield nice and solid, leave Cassano out (because he will have zero work-rate defensively), and hit Barca on the break by only occasionally letting Aquaman hit a few long balls to Ibra/ or use KPB to drive the ball out, you may be able to nick a goal and run far less risk of conceding heavily.

Trust the Real Madrid supporter here Wink
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:14 pm

Milan's donkey midfield might pull it off as far as putting in the work rate necessary to keep Barca from getting into a rhythm. However their front line will let them down because they aren't interested in doing any work when they don't have the ball.

As for Ibra himself, well he has all the qualities a player needs to score against any team for some reason though you just get the feeling that he won't. I expect him not to score but who knows he just might.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:45 pm

Ibra will score at least 3 goals, I think Suspect.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:50 pm

I don't think he'll score any, he might get 1 though.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:51 pm

Depends if he takes the right dosage of prescribed medication that day...

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanni10 Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:54 pm

sportsczy wrote:Depends if he takes the right dosage of prescribed medication that day...

elaborate please?
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:01 pm

Giovanni10 wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Depends if he takes the right dosage of prescribed medication that day...

elaborate please?

Ibra has the biggest mood swings of any active player... you can tell how he's going to play really early in the game.

I personally feel that he will not do well against Barca because his work rate is atrocious and Milan will be starved of the ball.

Yes... i'm not a big Ibra fan. Respect his talent; but he has a 10 cent brain on him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:02 pm

Unfortunatly you cant take HGH outside the Clinic of Dr.Hernandez in Barcelona, a place where Ibra is currently banned for conspiracy to cause nervous shock to Josep the Philosopher....
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:09 pm

Apart from a secret make out session with Piqué (who we all know was the reason Ibra left), I don't see Ibra taking anything from Camp Nou.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanni10 Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:20 pm

sportsczy wrote:
Giovanni10 wrote:

elaborate please?

Ibra has the biggest mood swings of any active player... you can tell how he's going to play really early in the game.

I personally feel that he will not do well against Barca because his work rate is atrocious and Milan will be starved of the ball.

Yes... i'm not a big Ibra fan. Respect his talent; but he has a 10 cent brain on him.

Ah, yeah I remember now.. Ibra is quite an enigmatic figure, who has had troubles in the past, but I think currently he is in a very good place at Milan. The Ibra that would usually give up in the first 10 minutes if he has had no joy, is I feel long gone. He will toil away and eventually get his goal against Barca.

I think people are annoyed by him because he has this feeling of entitlement to the position of MVP, which many feel is undeserved. I've seen worse though, like the Egyptian player Mido... remember him? Now that guy didn't deserve his arrogance. In a way Ibra does.
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:31 pm

They now says he is injured and wont leave for spain.

Obvious fake injury is obvious eco smile
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:40 pm

What a surprise
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanni10 Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:07 pm

that would be a bummer...
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum