How should Germany play?

3 posters

Go down

How should Germany play? Empty How should Germany play?

Post by juventus101 Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:08 pm

Personally i think theyre clear favorites for the Euro and possibly even the WC, but alot eally depends on the way they play. Should they play a 4231 like they did in the WC or a 4141 like theye been playing the last couple of games? What players should start and what players should be called up for the bench?

This is how i think it should look in my opinion?

I think they should use a 4231, cause the 4141 is very attacking and would be a great switch if Germany is losing and need a goal, but defensively, against Poland in particular, its shown to be defensively too fragile, especially with the holding mid being a more attack-minded player like Schweini.

--Neuer--
--Beck-- --Mertesacker-- --Hummels-- --Lahm--
--Schweinsteiger-- --Khedira--
--Gotze-- --Ozil-- --Podolski--
--Muller--

With Adler, Trasch, Boateng, Howedes, Jansen, S. Bender, Marin, Schurrle, Klose, Gomez, and one of either Reus, Holtby, Helmes, or Kiessling, whichever performs better this season.

I hear alot of people calling for Schurrle to be starting over Podolski because Schurrle scored 15 goals last season for an overperforming Mainz. So he scored 15 goals for a top 5 team. Podolski scored 13 for the 10th place team, and was the focal point in the attack for Koln. Pretty much everything went through him, whether it was a direct assist, an indirect assist, or a goal, Podolski was pretty much always there. And on top of it, we all know Podolski never has and never will give a shit about friendlies and always performs in the big games. Also, i think Muller is more similar to Klose in style of play and would fit up top better than Gomez now that Klose should not be starting every game anymore. That would also be perfect because it would open up a spot in the attacking midfield for Gotze. Beck is also Germanys best fullback in my opinion after Lahm, and with Lahm moving back to the left with Bayern, thats perfect for Beck to slot into his natural rightback position. And as good as Howedes has gotten, i still rate Hummels as better than him and Merte and Howedes on the same level, the same style, pretty much the same player, except Mertesacker has more experience in big games, so id start him. I think this would work perfectly. What do you guys think? And please guys, this is a serious question, as funny as the Podolski = God stuff is, none of that here please. Thanks
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

How should Germany play? Empty Re: How should Germany play?

Post by rwo power Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:30 pm

In my opinion, Löw should continue experimenting with the 4-1-4-1 in friendlies to give the players a better grip on that. The advantage is that Germany now can vary their system far more and thus be less easy to figure out for the opponents. And why not play 4-2-3-1 when harder opponents show up and switch to 4-1-4-1 for ones that are less imposing in the midfield area?

You know, it might be fun to even consider a real kamikaze 4-1-3-2 for even more attack power, but only if Schweinsteiger is the guy between defense and attack (Or maybe Sven Bender?).
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:49 pm

-------------------------Neuer-----------------------
Howedes----Boeteng------Badstuber----Lahm
-----------------Kroos--------Schweini-------------
Gotze------------------Ozil-------------------Muller
-------------------------Klose------------------------
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down