Great Leader Sprucenuce
BeautifulGame
Babun
31 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Bayern vs. any Serie A or EPL team Empty Bayern vs. any Serie A or EPL team

Post by Babun Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:50 pm

I don't see any team in Serie A or EPL that are on par or better than Bayern in Cl...

Discuss! :lol!:

Last edited by babun1024 on Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Bayern vs. any Serie A or EPL team Empty Re: Bayern vs. any Serie A or EPL team

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:59 pm

:bow:

BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:04 pm

Man Utd and Milan i dont think can beat Bayern in a " you have a shot we have a shot game"

But i can definitely see Milan and Man Utd knocking out Bayern using a soaking up pressure and counter game....

Also Bayern dont like facing Italians :lol!:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:08 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:Man Utd and Milan i dont think can beat Bayern in a " you have a shot we have a shot game"

But i can definitely see Milan and Man Utd knocking out Bayern using a soaking up pressure and counter game....

Also Bayern dont like facing Italians :lol!:
In other words they're inferior Very Happy That was my point. If 'insert any Serie A team' or 'insert any EPL team' face them they'll be the underdogs. Serie A teams might sneak through with their Cattenacio but Manu won't be able to Very Happy
I'm convinced in 8/10 times Bayern would defeat Manu over 2 legs Very Happy Manu are just not good enough on technical level Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:13 pm

What do you think of Chelsea Babun?

Cech
Ivanovic Luiz Terry Cole
Mikel
Meireles Lampard
Mata
Sturridge Torres

Would give Bayern a run for their money if they are on form no?
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:14 pm

Babun I can't tell of your being serious here on not man.
Can you enlighten me here? Lol
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:15 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:What do you think of Chelsea Babun?

Cech
Ivanovic Luiz Terry Cole
Mikel
Meireles Lampard
Mata
Sturridge Torres

Would give Bayern a run for their money if they are on form no?
No, Mikel sucks balls and Lamps isn't like before ... Very Happy For starters, they'll be forced to sit back, the only guys to break through at some points are Sturridge or Mata. Lahm plays on the left by the way... Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:23 pm

I dont necessaarily agree Mikel sucks balls lol, he does his job for the team he doesnt give the ball away and a very good anchor man, does the Busquets role very well( bar the diving and eye-peeking Very Happy) but fair nuf Very Happy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:26 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:I dont necessaarily agree Mikel sucks balls lol, he does his job for the team he doesnt give the ball away and a very good anchor man, does the Busquets role very well( bar the diving and eye-peeking Very Happy) but fair nuf Very Happy
Mikel's problem: each time he wins the ball or has to pass he takes like 5s running with the ball before deciding where with it Very Happy He ruins most of Chelski counters Very Happy If it's for technique only, he is a genius tackler and dribbler with the ball at his feet Very Happy His footballing brain and urgency in DM position (you have to react fast, near the goal) make him crappy. Lass has got the same problem for us Very Happy

Last edited by babun1024 on Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:29 pm

I went to Chelsea section yesterday and most of them want Meireles (yes bizarrely!)to replace Mikel as DM for sunday match so not sure about him doing the job for his team.

Mind u i didnt watch any chelsea games this season so its not my opinion exactly.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:35 pm

I think the best chance is United, but i still dont think any team from Italy or England could knock out Bayern. Milan i think would lose something like a 5-2 aggregate in my opinion, United i think would lose 5-3, and Chelsea 5-2. I think Chelsea and Milan would both lose 3-1 at the Allianz, and then 2-1 at home. And United i think would lose 3-1 at the Allianz, and draw 2-2 at home. I think the only team that could knock Bayern out of the CL is Barcelona, and even thats not for sure. I think Bayern would also beat Real Madrid, something like 4-3 or 5-3 on aggregate in my opinion.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:40 pm

juventus101 wrote:I think the best chance is United, but i still dont think any team from Italy or England could knock out Bayern. Milan i think would lose something like a 5-2 aggregate in my opinion, United i think would lose 5-3, and Chelsea 5-2. I think Chelsea and Milan would both lose 3-1 at the Allianz, and then 2-1 at home. And United i think would lose 3-1 at the Allianz, and draw 2-2 at home. I think the only team that could knock Bayern out of the CL is Barcelona, and even thats not for sure. I think Bayern would also beat Real Madrid, something like 4-3 or 5-3 on aggregate in my opinion.

Please tell me your joking here. Cause if your not, erase your whole paragraph, rethink and then rewrite. That brail keyboard must be top notch
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:42 pm

juventus101 wrote:I think the best chance is United, but i still dont think any team from Italy or England could knock out Bayern. Milan i think would lose something like a 5-2 aggregate in my opinion, United i think would lose 5-3, and Chelsea 5-2. I think Chelsea and Milan would both lose 3-1 at the Allianz, and then 2-1 at home. And United i think would lose 3-1 at the Allianz, and draw 2-2 at home. I think the only team that could knock Bayern out of the CL is Barcelona, and even thats not for sure. I think Bayern would also beat Real Madrid, something like 4-3 or 5-3 on aggregate in my opinion.
Brainfart... eco smile
BeautifulGame wrote:I went to Chelsea section yesterday and most of them want Meireles (yes bizarrely!)to replace Mikel as DM for sunday match so not sure about him doing the job for his team.

Mind u i didnt watch any chelsea games this season so its not my opinion exactly.
Actually, Chelski don't need DMs. They have gangster CBs who push up Very Happy

---Meireles---Lampard----
-----------Mata------------

would do the job just fine if Liuz and Ivanovic start Very Happy You could even play Ivanovic in DM role >>> Mikel Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:52 pm

what Suspect
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:53 pm

babun1024 wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:I went to Chelsea section yesterday and most of them want Meireles (yes bizarrely!)to replace Mikel as DM for sunday match so not sure about him doing the job for his team.

Actually, Chelski don't need DMs. They have gangster CBs who push up Very Happy

---Meireles---Lampard----
-----------Mata------------

would do the job just fine if Liuz and Ivanovic start Very Happy You could even play Ivanovic in DM role >>> Mikel Very Happy

If trying a Chelsea CB at DM Luiz would be the best option imo
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:35 pm

Bayern is a team to battle for CL if they sort out CB roblem in winter.

I believe Bayern can beat any Serie A team, except Milan, which is a hard one. Defensive counter-attacking football might eat Munich's high line defence. Ibra/Pato or any other attackers will be a constant threat.

From EPL: Bayern should be comfortable with City and crisis Arsenal, and other teams. Chelsea will be tough, but as like with Milan its 50/50.

So, essentially its only Man U that is too much for Bayern
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:45 pm

Remember that Bayern was playing Villareal... a team that both Madrid and Barca have destroyed... and that played without Borja or Senna and has lost Cazorla from last year. They're just not that good to begin with. They've always sucked defensively.

We'll know a lot more about Bayern when they face Man City, where they won't have a talent advantage and will face a physical defense.

Gomez is injured btw.

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:01 pm

Bayern dont suck defensively.They improved massively both in terms of personal and system in defense.SO have a very good defence now which is also protected by probably the 2nd best midfield in Europe too.

I think most are judging as if Van Gaal is their coach and hence underrating them.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:06 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:Bayern dont suck defensively.They improved massively both in terms of personal and system in defense.SO have a very good defence now which is also protected by probably the 2nd best midfield in Europe too.

I think most are judging as if Van Gaal is their coach and hence underrating them.

I was talking about Villareal's defense.

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:10 pm

I think Boateng + Badstuber is "sorting out the CB problem" if neither gets injured. Of course they'll need one more, Buyten is not an adequate backup to either of them. But their defence is rock-solid these days.

The real problem Bayern might face is lack of creativity if Robbéry are injured again. But tbh I don't think they need to fear ManU.

Barca and Milan are where it's at. Or just getting outgunned by Real. But TBH every German team is always likely to just go out on a fluke against a minnow in the UCL. :coffee:

Wait and see. Bayern fans are overrating their team as hell atm, but at the same time most non-German fans seem to underrate them atm. The truth has to lie somewhere in the middle, where Bayern has had a GREAT squad for years, but had a crap manager in van Gaal, who might be great in instilling a philosophy with youth players, but just plain sucks in managing star players, and a proper, grown-up squad.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:31 pm

Grande_Milano wrote:Bayern is a team to battle for CL if they sort out CB roblem in winter.

I believe Bayern can beat any Serie A team, except Milan, which is a hard one. Defensive counter-attacking football might eat Munich's high line defence. Ibra/Pato or any other attackers will be a constant threat.

From EPL: Bayern should be comfortable with City and crisis Arsenal, and other teams. Chelsea will be tough, but as like with Milan its 50/50.

So, essentially its only Man U that is too much for Bayern
Correction, Bayern are playing with a very deep defensive line this season. You'll find it very hard to penetrate it, Villareal only had 2 shots at goal and we've conceeded 1 goal in 8 games.

Our CBs are underrated because they're young and were benched (Boateng) or simply crap because of no defensive training (Badstuber under van Gaal). They're not all that bad and have improved massively in comparison to last season. The only problems we have are depth. Our defensive depth is total shit, although our midfielders can play as defenders, it's not the same thing.

Ribéry seems to be in shape and is avoiding injuries. He was never an injury prone player to begin with, just had extremely bad luck and never recovered fully from that annoying injury he picked up against Italy. He seems to be in top shape now, and is in even better form than last season. Robben should come back soon, although he hasn't even been missed.

Milan and ManU are at Bayern level, although the only problem I see with these teams is their lack of trully WC midfields. Bayern can starve you of possession if they want to, which makes it hard for these sort of teams. Still, they are very dangerous on the counter and our defensive and striking depth is for shit when compared to them. Good thing our players are rocks because a few injuries will castrate us.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:54 pm

1) M City game will be turning point. It will show either Bayern is up to challenge or not.

2) Boateng and Badstuber are both talented CBs, but they are still fairly young and may crumble in big games (we ll see though), and no way they are on par with Ferdinand-Vidic for example.

3) Man U is better than Milan by a decent gap. So, thats them who should Bayern fear. Remember 3-0 in a first half? Only, because United got exhausted that day, you ve went through, could ve turned into quite an ugly outcome.
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:02 pm

Grande_Milano wrote:1) M City game will be turning point. It will show either Bayern is up to challenge or not.

2) Boateng and Badstuber are both talented CBs, but they are still fairly young and may crumble in big games (we ll see though), and no way they are on par with Ferdinand-Vidic for example.

3) Man U is better than Milan by a decent gap. So, thats them who should Bayern fear. Remember 3-0 in a first half? Only, because United got exhausted that day, you ve went through, could ve turned into quite an ugly outcome.

1. Agreed.

2. Yes, this is true. Inexperience can cost dearly. I'm sure this is why Heynckes plays van Buyten a lot. He may be crap, but he's got loads of experience. Only Thiago-Nesta can match Ferd-Vidic, IMO.

3. I wouldn't say they're that much better. You guys tied against Barcelona at home. Manchester get creamed every single time. ManU have better youth prospects and bench I guess, but when it comes to starting 11 you're pretty equal.

Conceeding 2 goals after going 3 up at home just shows Bayern's mighty mental strength. Our Bayern's better physical state. Those are not excuses, Bayern are simply better in those aspects. Also, that Bayern was all about attacking and possession. We were playing Demichelis-van Buyten as CBs FFS.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:15 pm

2) Samuel-Lucio (Ranocchia is also very good); Puyol (fit)-Pique; potentially Mertesacker-Verm; potentially Chiellini-Bonucci: Agger-Skrtel; Pepe-Ramos (Carvalho).

3) Parking the bus is not difficult to do, we didnt have many chances, just utilised them. Manchester didnt play catenaccio and got screwed, the same would ve been with us and any other team (except Arsenal last season since they counter possession with possession) that opens up.

If Bayern plays with Barca, they have 2 choices: free flowing vs cattenaccio. First is not the problem, but offensive style might become a liability, as Barca defends very well as well, and will be deadly at counter attacks. And, second, catenaccio is very untypical for Germans, I dont think they will even look at it as a choice.
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:18 pm

Knock outs are decided by quality of midfield more than defence or attack imo.Thats why i think Bayern will have an advantage over both United and Milan if they are drawn.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum