Raptorgunner
Sri
SamuelJayC
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Blackburn v Arsenal Preview Empty Blackburn v Arsenal Preview

Post by SamuelJayC Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:25 am

Blackburn v Arsenal, Saturday 17th September 12:45pm, Ewood Park, Premier League, Sky Sports 2

Blackburn v Arsenal Preview UEFA-Champions-League-Match-Report-Borussia-Dortmund-vs-Arsenal-Part-2-97141
Koscielny and Mertesacker have quickly formed an improving partnership

Hard-fought draw in Germany

Arsenal went into Tuesday night's champions league group opener with Borussia Dortmund as slight underdogs so a point come the full time whistle was very pleasing. Of course, had you told Arsene Wenger that his side would be 1-0 up in the 87th minute then a draw seems like another blow, but you have to see Dortmund to see just how good they are. In Mario Götze and Shinji Kagawa, the German champions have two of they most exciting young play makers in Europe. Arsenal failed to control them both in the opening stages and Dortmund missed a few opportunities, including one which Bacary Sagna had to clear off the line. But Arsenal took the lead before half time when Sebastian Kehl lost possession in midfield and Theo Walcott sent Robin Van Persie through who finished excellently with his "chocolate leg". Arsenal dealt better with the home side in the second half and only a Gervinho slip stopped the Ivorian from doubling the gunners lead, but it was Dortmund who drew level at the depth. Ivan Perišić scored a wonder volley after Kieran Gibbs had headed away a free-kick. Laurent Koscielny and Per Mertesacker continued their improving partnership, whilst Alex Song had an impressive game infront of the back four. Mikel Arteta and Yossi Benayoun worked considerably hard without ever excelling whilst Gervinho had a disappointing game on the left hand side though Dortmund's marking on the summer signing was equally impressive.

Bottom side Blackburn draw at Fulham

Blackburn's 1-1 draw at Fulham last weekend brought about an improvement from Steve Kean's side. However it couldn't take the former Premier League winners off the base of the table. Rubén Rochina wonderful strike was cancelled out by Bobby Zamora and Fulham dominated the second half but Blackburn, who lost several players through out to injury, held on for a point.

Away win last season for the gunners at Ewood

Last season, Arsenal went to Blackburn in the third league game of the season and took all three points. Goals from Theo Walcott and Andrey Arshavin gave the gunners the win whilst Mame Biram Diouf got Rover's goal. Arsenal lined up that day as: Almunia; Sagna Koscielny Vermaelen Clichy; Song Diaby; Walcott Fabregas Arshavin; Van Persie.

Match Facts

* Blackburn have won just one of their last 10 Premier League games against Arsenal.

* Rovers have won just one of their last nine Premier League matches at Ewood Park.

* Robin van Persie has scored eight goals in 10 Premier League games against Blackburn.

* Robin van Persie has scored in 10 of his last 11 Premier League away games.

* David Dunn has scored five goals in eight Premier League games for Blackburn against Arsenal.

* Andrey Arshavin has scored three goals in five Premier League appearances against Blackburn.

* Rovers have lost nine times in the Premier League at home to Arsenal, more than against any other opponent on their own patch.

* Arsenal have won just one of their last nine Premier League away matches, versus relegated Blackpool.

* Arsenal have lost 99 Premier League away games.

* This is the worst start to a Premier League season for both Blackburn and Arsenal.

* Blackburn have dropped five points from winning positions this season, more than any other team.

Team News

Arsenal

Arsenal are without Thomas Vermaelen, Jack Wilshere and Abou Diaby through injury. Aaron Ramsey will train on Friday and has a chance to be involved. Wenger did not give an update on Tomas Rosicky who has missed the last two games through injury. Gervinho, Alex Song and Carl Jenkinson are all free of domestic suspensions.

Blackburn

Junior Hoilett and Chris Samba are fit after injuries. David Dunn is "touch and go" according to Steve Kean whilst Morten Gamst Pedersen will have a late fitness test. Ryan Nelsen is out.

Possible Starting XI's

Blackburn v Arsenal Preview AbBeJ1Zahu

Arsenal substitutes: Fabianski Djourou Santos Frimpong Benayoun Arshavin Chamakh

Managers

Arsene Wenger

"We must win. We live in an environment that questions us when we don't win. We have to show performances, consistency and attitude quality. That makes us respected. It's as simple as that. That's why it is as important that we don't talk too much and play as well as we can. I have a lot of sympathy for Steve Kean. He is a young manager and you want to give him time to do his job. Blackburn is Blackburn. We have had good experiences and sometimes disappointing ones there over the years. Over the years they have always had good teams. In the Premier League when you go away from home you want a top performance to make the result, but I am confident we can do that."

Steve Kean

"There is nobody more frustrated then myself and the players because we think we have done well enough to get all three points [in games], never mind none or a point. Ewood is always a daunting place for any team to come and we just need the fans to stick with us and give us their backing. I am sure we will pull through, get points on the board and climb the table very quickly. There have been a couple of frustrating results but I would not say they have been frustrating performances. I think the performances have been good."

Prediction

Arsenal have a run of games now which they should win. Swansea at home last week brought three points, and now Arsenal must get three points away at Blackburn and at home to Bolton. The home games with Olympiacos and Shrewsbury, it goes without saying we expect to win. Blackburn away is always a tricky game regardless of where they are in the league. Even without Wilshere and Vermaelen again, we should have more than enough to get the win on Saturday.

Blackburn 1-2 Arsenal

Last edited by Samuelj29060 on Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:59 am; edited 4 times in total
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Blackburn v Arsenal Preview Empty Re: Blackburn v Arsenal Preview

Post by Sri Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:33 am

Great great preview Sam Smile

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:39 am

Good job Sam, I just remember that we have Carl Jenkinson, lol forgot all about him.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:48 am

Excellent preview.

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by boss Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:52 am

I want post match EXCELLENT discussions !that's it.......@Sam Cool job Smile

boss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:11 am

Cool.. Early preview.. Nice to see Arsenal every 3 days...
So we have almost a full team and none down with suspension for the first time..
Want to see Santos getting a start.. And Park coming from the bench instead of Chamakh..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:01 am

2-0 to arsenal. Hopefully United and chelsea tie, while Liverpool loses to Spurs.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:18 am

Arsenalfaithfull wrote:2-0 to arsenal. Hopefully United and chelsea tie, while Liverpool loses to Spurs.

i hope it troubled you to say that, though even i want the same thing to happen
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:25 am

Arsenalfaithfull wrote:2-0 to arsenal. Hopefully United and chelsea tie, while Liverpool loses to Spurs.

We all all what you want, and I want a good win like at least 4 goals would give this team a lot of hope.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:28 am

Raptorgunner wrote:

We all all what you want, and I want a good win like at least 4 goals would give this team a lot of hope.

And repair our frakked up goal difference. :coffee:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:52 am

srigooner wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:

And repair our frakked up goal difference. :coffee:

We better win big, the game is at 7:45 am, I dont like to curse that early in the morning. eco smile
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:03 am

I'm expecting another difficult game. Playing Blackburn away is always difficult and it will be even more so when they're scrapping for a win and we're still recovering.

Blackburn could be missing their three best outfield players in Samba, Dunn and Hoillet, which will certainly help us but I do think we need to play well to come away with a win.

And if we do win, I really won't care if it's a smash-and-grab 1-0 win with a goal off Robinson's penis or something stupid like that.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:12 am

honestly guys, the goal difference is of no concern to me at this point. I mean when has a team wont the Pl solely based on GD? 3 points any way possible. I would not protest us resorting to the tactics we used against Dortmund. Soon as we are up by 2 goals, I want Wenger to rest RVP, Walcott, and Artetta.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:34 am

Arsenalfaithfull wrote:honestly guys, the goal difference is of no concern to me at this point. I mean when has a team wont the Pl solely based on GD? 3 points any way possible. I would not protest us resorting to the tactics we used against Dortmund. Soon as we are up by 2 goals, I want Wenger to rest RVP, Walcott, and Artetta.

yeah it'd be good to rest them. i'd give santos a start too if he's match fit. a start or an appearance from coquelin would be nice as well.

gervinho will rape this game though. just wait.
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:57 am

Great preview man!

I hope we can bang them up something like 6-0. But that would be hard as Jay mentioned. They will defend deep and look for a point in the end

I think this is the reason why Wenger bought Gervinho, He can really unlock the defence with his footwork n skills. Arshavin loves to play against BB as well so he might start.

Arteta Song n Ramsey would be the preferred midfield but if Ramsey doesnt make it then maybe start benayoun again ?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:57 am

Arsenalfaithfull wrote:honestly guys, the goal difference is of no concern to me at this point. I mean when has a team wont the Pl solely based on GD? 3 points any way possible. I would not protest us resorting to the tactics we used against Dortmund. Soon as we are up by 2 goals, I want Wenger to rest RVP, Walcott, and Artetta.

we did before lol
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:59 am

ali8775 wrote:

we did before lol

lol that is embarrassing for me. When was this?
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 23arshavin23 Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:50 am

Arsenalfaithfull wrote:
ali8775 wrote:

we did before lol

1989 last game of the season vs liverpool !
Blackburn v Arsenal Preview 1235644960_50_cent_does_not_approve
23arshavin23
23arshavin23
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:01 am

Steve Kean press conference is tomorrow so will update preview after that.

Can't include their line up on my formation pitch until I know about them so will have to wait until 2moro guys!
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:36 am

23arshavin23 wrote:
Arsenalfaithfull wrote:
ali8775 wrote:

we did before lol

1989 last game of the season vs liverpool !
Blackburn v Arsenal Preview 1235644960_50_cent_does_not_approve
Watched that game. It was absolutely amazing!
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:41 am

Great preview Samuel!

Its not going to be easy for us but we need a win and it doesnt matter how we win, we just need a win.
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:01 am

Preview now complete.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:37 pm

I just want 3 points from the fixture.. I dont expect us to score 6 or 4 goals as said.. We dont create enough chances for having such massive numbers on the board.. I will be very happy if we win 0-2..
And y are we so concerned about United or Chelsea dropping points..? Its too early..
I want to see United losing at OT and atleast putting a small break to their run and more importantly the arrogance of my friends..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:54 pm

I wish we can start Park here give RVP a rest, and maybe bring him in in the second half if we need him.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:01 pm

^^ I would do the opposite. Let RVP start, and soon as he scores or assists, give him a rest.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next