Mr Nick09
weeble8604
Onyx
Pinoy_Cules
Superpeppe
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

will italy have a chance in Euro 2012? Empty will italy have a chance in Euro 2012?

Post by Superpeppe Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:57 pm

Guys do you think Italy has a chance in Euro 2012?
Is Prandelli doing a good job?
Superpeppe
Superpeppe
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

will italy have a chance in Euro 2012? Empty Re: will italy have a chance in Euro 2012?

Post by Pinoy_Cules Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:13 pm

Italy has been doing well in the Euro qualifiers. The loss to Ireland in the recent friendly was a bit of a shock. Let's see how well Italy does against the big teams. I don't think they've been tested yet. Right now, it's pretty hard to measure how well teams that have significantly rebuilt themselves are doing. Blame the format of the Euros for this--a lot of minnows are grouped with the big teams so the big teams never really are tested until the KO rounds. France is another team that needs to test itself against the best European competition.

The September friendly between Italy and Spain is mouthwatering...
Pinoy_Cules
Pinoy_Cules
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

will italy have a chance in Euro 2012? Empty Re: will italy have a chance in Euro 2012?

Post by Onyx Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:14 pm

Definitely. Prandelli just needs to find the best tactics before then because they do have a squad capable of winning it.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by weeble8604 Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:29 pm

tbh, they have not impressed me at all since last years world cup
weeble8604
weeble8604
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:32 pm

I always keep Italy as a dark horse, even wen they look bad, they somehow manage to pull it together in competition and go far. Not a team you dream about but very often effective.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:33 pm

Of course they do.

Italy are the perfect cup team. They know how to close out a game and make the opposing star players feel invisible and they can score goals at crucial times.

At the moment they are going through a development stage, trying to find the best line-up.

I'm confindent that in the lead-up to the Euros, you will see a string of solind performances and when the tournament arrives they will not dissapoint.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by milanfan7 Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:48 pm

The Italian national team only play with their whole and full potential during competitions.
milanfan7
milanfan7
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:01 pm

i think the time has come to stop with the experimenting ..prandelli needs to have a fixed eleven by now..i think the spain friendly in august would really show whr azzuri stand !!
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:05 pm

i think they will go far,but i believe they are not good enough to beat a full strength spain or netherlands
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Superpeppe Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:08 pm

Surag.Blueguy wrote:i think the time has come to stop with the experimenting ..prandelli needs to have a fixed eleven by now..i think the spain friendly in august would really show whr azzuri stand !!

I agree they should know by now.
Superpeppe
Superpeppe
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:15 pm

Although I'm in favor of Prandelli's philosophy. He needs to realize that 4-3-1-2 will not work all the time and he better come up with back up plans.

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:18 pm

Not the strongest side out there, but they do have a great manager and some great players, so I expect them to at least make the quarter-finals.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:19 pm

Ganso wrote:i think they will go far,but i believe they are not good enough to beat a full strength spain or netherlands

Wait what? What do you mean we can't beat a team like Spain. Last I checked in the Euro's, we were able to contain them up until the end. No other team has been able to do this during the 08 euro. Penalties went their way, if it went our way, we would of won. We have a much more talented team then what we had in 08, so if they were able to do that, we can do the same this time. :coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:20 pm

I always bet on Italy.

English media do not rate them but Italy know how to win games, no matter what the occassion or who they are playing.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by joksa Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:23 pm

Of course they have a chance.

As izzy said, they are a great cup team and have some brilliant players.

I still view Spain, Germany and Holland as favorites but nothing's impossible. Italy has a shot.
joksa
joksa
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Uruguay Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:24 pm

Let me ask the future crystal ball.

will italy have a chance in Euro 2012? Future-crystal-ball
Uruguay
Uruguay
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:26 pm

joksa wrote:Of course they have a chance.

I still view Spain, Germany and Holland as favorites but nothing's impossible. Italy has a shot.

Germany are always favorites. Go far, but never end up winning in recent years... I highly doubt Spain will win again. They are basically France of 98 and 2000. :coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamin Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:29 pm

I'll happily bet that Italy will just play better than they did in the World Cup.
Jamin
Jamin
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

http://twitter.com/#!/J_Amin94

Back to top Go down

Post by joksa Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:29 pm

sciacca wrote:
joksa wrote:Of course they have a chance.

Germany are always favorites. Go far, but never end up winning in recent years... I highly doubt Spain will win again. They are basically France of 98 and 2000. :coffee:

Except that Spain have a pretty damn brilliant squadwill italy have a chance in Euro 2012? Smoker

They'll copy Guardiola's style and have 95% of possession, winning all of their games 1-0will italy have a chance in Euro 2012? Smoker
joksa
joksa
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:30 pm

sciacca wrote:
Ganso wrote:i think they will go far,but i believe they are not good enough to beat a full strength spain or netherlands

Wait what? What do you mean we can't beat a team like Spain. Last I checked in the Euro's, we were able to contain them up until the end. No other team has been able to do this during the 08 euro. Penalties went their way, if it went our way, we would of won. We have a much more talented team then what we had in 08, so if they were able to do that, we can do the same this time. :coffee:
the spanish side has evolved a lot too you know
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:39 pm

Ganso wrote:
sciacca wrote:

the spanish side has evolved a lot too you know

Italy aswell... Much more... :coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by Latinus Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:46 pm

Spain's staying strong. The only teams that can stop them are the Park the Bus teams. Gourcuff and now Martin will be France's revelation in the Euro's, I bet. Italy has the style to win the entire thing. Portugal now have a compitent manager to lead them in Bento.

Germany are always consistant. Holland look like they haven't lost anything from the previous World Cup. And finally there's England who will be there for the lulz.

Surprises? I'd say Russia, Serbia, and The Czechs might have a say. Switzerland and Belgium look dangerous, atm. Turkey and Greece might have a shout as well. Sweeden and Denmark are looking good.
Latinus
Latinus
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Superpeppe Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:49 pm

izzy26 wrote:I always bet on Italy.

English media do not rate them but Italy know how to win games, no matter what the occassion or who they are playing.

English media always snob us
Superpeppe
Superpeppe
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:53 pm

Latinus wrote:Spain's staying strong. The only teams that can stop them are the Park the Bus teams. Gourcuff and now Martin will be France's revelation in the Euro's, I bet. Italy has the style to win the entire thing. Portugal now have a compitent manager to lead them in Bento.

Germany are always consistant. Holland look like they haven't lost anything from the previous World Cup. And finally there's England who will be there for the lulz.

Surprises? I'd say Russia, Serbia, and The Czechs might have a say. Switzerland and Belgium look dangerous, atm. Turkey and Greece might have a shout as well. Sweeden and Denmark are looking good.

Denmark looking good? They barely beat Iceland at home:D
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:54 pm

Latinus wrote:Spain's staying strong. The only teams that can stop them are the Park the Bus teams. Gourcuff and now Martin will be France's revelation in the Euro's, I bet. Italy has the style to win the entire thing. Portugal now have a compitent manager to lead them in Bento.

That's if Serbia actually Qualify.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next