Blackburn Rovers 4 - 3 Arsenal: Perfect example of how poor defending can cost you points

+21
El Gunner
mani88
djoe26
Art Morte
SamuelJayC
tsgooner1
KMD
Sushi Master
EL Patron
Iceman
Emaharg
Raptorgunner
Eman
beatrixasdfghjk.
lenear1030
RealGunner
InvalidComment
Wilson37
23arshavin23
Amar
Jay29
25 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Blackburn Rovers 4 - 3 Arsenal: Perfect example of how poor defending can cost you points - Page 2 Empty Re: Blackburn Rovers 4 - 3 Arsenal: Perfect example of how poor defending can cost you points

Post by Raptorgunner Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:13 pm

Wtf is wenger thinking bringing Djourou? We lost the game cus him.

Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Blackburn Rovers 4 - 3 Arsenal: Perfect example of how poor defending can cost you points - Page 2 Empty Re: Blackburn Rovers 4 - 3 Arsenal: Perfect example of how poor defending can cost you points

Post by EL Patron Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:13 pm

Pathetic defending and not taking them chances cost us this game...so disappointing.

And djourou Laughing
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:14 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:Wtf is wenger thinking bringing Djourou? We lost the game cus him.
We had to play someone, he was like the most experienced defender on the bench :L

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Emaharg Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:15 pm

beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:Wtf is wenger thinking bringing Djourou? We lost the game cus him.
We had to play someone, he was like the most experienced defender on the bench :L
Coquelin can play RB and played well vs Man United, actually had pace to keep up with Hoilett.
I mean even bring on Gibbs and play him as RB.
Emaharg
Emaharg
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:21 pm

beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:

One of the worst decison by Wenger, what happened to Gibbs, why he didn't play.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:29 pm

Updated the first post.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:29 pm

We have to start playing with two strikers. Rvp is struggling in this formation.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:32 pm

Goal.com ratings always a joke..
What did Met do today.. He is too slow and manmarking is really poor.. He doesnt move at all and has no energy.. Samba was a beast today showed us a point that we missed him.. I thought Santos did pretty well.. Better than Gibbs and contributed well to attack.. Kos was down too..
Djurou nowhere.. I cant understand how our defence which looked so good this season suddenly looks pathetic...

Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:37 pm

RealGunner wrote:We have to start playing with two strikers. Rvp is struggling in this formation.

RVP needs some rest, before all. I wouldn't mind playing a 2nd striker if he were hardworking.

Park- Chamakh FTW cheers
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:40 pm

think we are in minority here wilson, I, too thought santos was good.

My ratings

Szczesny -6 - Maybe should have commanded someone to stand near the front post but wasnt his fault i guess. some good saves but we are used to them now

Sagna - 7- We wouldnt have conceded 2 goals had he stayed on the pitch. Best defender after Vermaelen in the squad

Mertesacker - 6.5 - wasnt that bad tbf, Decent

Koscielny-6- should have done better with the OG, good finish but wrong net.

Song - 6.5- Good in the 1st half, ok in the 2nd

Arteta-7- Great control of the midfield, didnt put a foot wrong. Great goal as well

Ramsey - 6- good assist but goes too deep at times, and he is really afraid to take risks with the ball

Arshavin - 6 - decent

van persie - 6 - struggling in this formation

gervinho - 7 - should have done better with his decisions. Good goal n good performance

Djourou - 3 - I guess blood was right afterall about him...

Chamakh - 6.5 - Great great header. But too little too late.

walcott - 6.5 - was brilliant when he came on. He is really important to us
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:41 pm

Imagine if RVP got hurt lol.. it's probably a safe bet at some point this season.

Back to top Go down

Post by KMD Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:41 pm

what happened to Jenkinson?
KMD
KMD
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by tsgooner1 Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:41 pm

Guys no matter what everyone else says, we know we have a very good defence, it has been proven in most of our games so far. Half our defence have barley played 2 games for us yet, they what i saw werent mental errors aside from songs goal, i saw lack of communication which will improve as they play more games. Also im very encouraged right now, we know we have a very good defence, and now our attack is really starting to click, watch out, this team is really starting to click.

tsgooner1
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:43 pm

We need to play 4-4-2 if we started this early, I am sure we could have got a point or won the game. We had many chances to score, but luck was not on our side, no team can win with 2 own goals and offside goal.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:47 pm

tsgooner1 wrote:Guys no matter what everyone else says, we know we have a very good defence, it has been proven in most of our games so far. Half our defence have barley played 2 games for us yet, they what i saw werent mental errors aside from songs goal, i saw lack of communication which will improve as they play more games. Also im very encouraged right now, we know we have a very good defence, and now our attack is really starting to click, watch out, this team is really starting to click.

I have to agree with you, the reason I am not pissed off about this game.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:53 pm

Well... we played 1.5 good defensive games (i thought we dodged a lot of bullets in one those games) and 1 really bad one since we signed Per and Santos.

I don't think that's enough of a sample size to warrant saying "we're a good defensive team".

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:55 pm

Wenger: ‘We were not defensively solid enough

on the team's second-half performance...
It's difficult to explain. I feel overall we created many chances, even in the second half. It just looked like we had a lack of focus for what we knew they were good at - corners and free-kicks.

on concerns about Arsenal’s defending...
You cannot say you are not worried when you see the performance we put in today. It's just not defensively solid enough. When you are 2-1 in front against Blackburn and you know that you are solid defensively, we will score goals.

on a disappointing afternoon...
It was not all negative today, that is the frustrating thing. There were a lot of positives as well, we just didn't bring the focus to get anything out of the game. At the moment we do not have the capability to focus defensively for 90 minutes to win games. It is important you do not give cheap goals away like we did.

on Arsenal’s start to the season…
It's just not good enough and, of course, we are very frustrated. The spirit in the team is quite willing but if you look at the number of goals we have conceded it is just not good enough. You cannot come here and concede four goals the way we did today. On the other hand I believe that the group will take off but it is important that we can get results.

on speculation about his future…
Speculation is part of modern life, there is nothing I can do about that. My future is focused on me giving the best for the Club.

on Ju Young Park…
On Wednesday [in the Carling Cup] he will play, yes. We have quite a big squad.

www.arsenal.com
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:57 pm

Yeah.. Lets take the first half performance and hope for the best.. I am happy that we created good number of chances and good to see goals from others too...
Van Persie was not in his best..
Arshavin had a better day.. Gervinho really good performance.. Created some decent chances and occasional poor decisions.. Arteta magnificent.. Ramsey also good.. But i want to see Ramsey and Arteta reversing roles.. Walcott good.. Chamakh looking dangerous when those crosses keep coming and a nice goal after years.. Couple of good crosses from Santos.. Song also good..
But i am sad that our defence let us low today.. We saw our usual weakness in setpieces coming out again.. But losing to Blackburn in such a way is no excuse... Everyone thought that we have got move on with last couple of games.. This is demoralising for the team..
And i am seriously doubting Mets capabilities.. He is nowhere near the ball anytime.. I feel we are playing with 10 men..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by tsgooner1 Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:59 pm

Cone on, you cant tell me you dont see the potential in our defence,from pefromances last year and what we saw against udinese. We arent this bad, we were exposed for lack of communication which is bound too happen considering the number of games our defence has played together.

tsgooner1
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Emaharg Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:02 pm

tsgooner1 wrote:Cone on, you cant tell me you dont see the potential in our defence,from pefromances last year and what we saw against udinese. We arent this bad, we were exposed for lack of communication which is bound too happen considering the number of games our defence has played together.
Sure but when you switch Santos for Gibbs then these players need to gain chemistry again, we need to try keep the same four playing every week, which is not happening and probably our main reason for this defeat.
Emaharg
Emaharg
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:05 pm

tsgooner1 wrote:Cone on, you cant tell me you dont see the potential in our defence,from pefromances last year and what we saw against udinese. We arent this bad, we were exposed for lack of communication which is bound too happen considering the number of games our defence has played together.

Potential is there obviously. Sagna getting hurt was a big hit and we need Vermaelen back. However, until we put a string of 5-10 solid defensive games in a row, i will not suddenly consider us a solid defensive team. We've been poor at D for far too long for me to dismiss our defensive problems that easily. I saw some very flawed schemes out there too today and strange personnel decisions... that worries me the most. If it was just individual failures, i would be less worried.

Back to top Go down

Post by tsgooner1 Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:07 pm

I just dont get why when sagna went off, jenkisnon didnt come on. Like djourou cant play RB!

tsgooner1
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:08 pm

tsgooner1 wrote:I just dont get why when sagna went off, jenkisnon didnt come on. Like djourou cant play RB!
He wasn't on the bench. The only natural FB we had was Gibbs.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Emaharg Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:09 pm

tsgooner1 wrote:I just dont get why when sagna went off, jenkisnon didnt come on. Like djourou cant play RB!
Jenkinson was not on bench, he will play Carling cup.
Coquelin however WAS on bench and played many matches as RB for Lorient, and has more pace to be able to handle Hoilett.
Emaharg
Emaharg
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:09 pm

Funny enough, Djourou got burned when he was trying to cover on the left side, not the right.

Back to top Go down

Post by tsgooner1 Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:11 pm

Oh i see, still he would be the last guy i would put there, i would rather have koscielny switch over and djourou play int he middle. or just have coquilne come on.

tsgooner1
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next