Vibe
Swanhends
Great Leader Sprucenuce
spanky
paddy
26 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Floyd Mayweather returns tonight - Page 3 Empty Re: Floyd Mayweather returns tonight

Post by Zealous Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:08 pm

While I think Maywheather is basically a big LOL of a person (hell of a fighter and personality though) I agree with Crimson.

When you do an interview you let the winner say something to his fans. It's not your fraking job to tell him what you think of him.

Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Floyd Mayweather returns tonight - Page 3 Empty Re: Floyd Mayweather returns tonight

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:08 pm

Thanks for the info. I'll be the first to admit I don't keep up with boxing, I did my best to check out a few clips before commenting (Guess it didn't help much). I never liked Marchant much and as stated earlier, I don't care much for Mayweather.

I also agree with your opinion on Ortiz, there was no need for the headbutt and like you said: "Protect yourself at all times". I remember the same thing happening to Gatti (RIP) while fighting Floyd. Ortiz had already apologized enough for something that wasn't an accident (IMO).

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:10 pm

Ortiz shouldn't have apologised IMO even if what he did was pretty underhanded.

You never give the other guy an opening. Never. Either be an asshole the whole time or and honest fighter the whole time. Somewhere in between gets your ass in trouble.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:16 pm

Ade wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:
Ade wrote:Cheap win Cortez *bleep* up

and lol @ Pacman being tailor made for Floyd, its a complete clash of styles Floyd offense vs defense if Pac is tailor made for Floyd then Floyd is same for Manny.

Nah Manny has shown he easy to hit when he comes forward and throws a million punches a round and Floyd has shown he hardly gets hit aswell while practically landing every punch he throws......

Pacquaio will come forward and thats exactly what Floyd wants he will just block, roll, counter and back off all night long....

I just hope the fight happens so i can be proved right Very Happy

Have you even watched pac since he been with Roach?

Whats the one thing hes improved the most?

Floyd what does he struggle with high work rate south paw? tick tick?

Manny throws from weird angles? tick, has he ever fought anyone who does that? no

You think Manny is like this static fighter who comes forward who closes his eyes and fires a million random punches :facepalm: I cant even comment on that fail, take the Hatton fight for example Hatton had Floyd in a lot of trouble and Hatton can't even box, Manny is so much more superior to Hatton.

You will be proved wrong, cos you don't have a clue about Pac sorry but you don't I don't think Manny will necessarily win but you talk of him as if hes some one dimensional infighter.

Lol you do realise Manny has been with Roach for over a decade?

I did'nt say Manny was static, i said Manny has proven he is vulnerable defence wise when he comes forward shown by how often he gets hit......

Now think what would happen against Floyd he comes in he tries to pressurize him with combinations, mayweather just blocks and counters which is Floyds natural game it suits him down to the ground......

Of course Manny doesnt come in and fires blindly i know that i was joking, i basically meant that he throws alot of punches and they miss basically his thrown to landing ratio isnt that great and he would be facing the best pure defensive fighter of this era.....

He would get punished for every meaningful punch he misses, while Floyd will hardly miss a punch as usual.

This is way he is tailor made for Mayweather imo, Mayweather loves fighters that come forward and throw combinations so he can sit back, roll and counter....

Oh and Pacquaio is by no means a one dimensional fighter i never meant that to come across, simply that he throws alot of bombs that would be easy for Mayweather to counter and Pacquaio has been hit by fighters with less speed, accuracy and agility than Mayweather....

Pacquaio isnt hard to hit, its just hard to stop him from hitting you that is the problem many people face but Mayweather isnt just anybody as i said he is the best defensive fighter of his era who has hardly been hit in his whole career....

I hope you understand now why i feel Pacquaio's style suits Mayweather down to the ground.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:19 pm

I know boxing is the sweet science but I think you are over thinking it mole.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:23 pm

Zealous wrote:I know boxing is the sweet science but I think you are over thinking it mole.

That's how it would go down on paper anyway.......

Of course no one knows what could happen on the night.......

But if you look at Pacquaio's style and skills and match them up with Mayweathers you can see why i feel that Pacquaio's style suits Mayweather.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:27 pm

*Mole in the Lab*

:study:
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:29 pm

Zealous wrote:I know boxing is the sweet science but I think you are over thinking it mole.

lol yup

Ask alot of people who have been around the boxing business for a long time and have experience and alot of them feel something is up with Manny, he has something to hide. What that is exactly I do not know nor want to speculate.

All he has to do is agree to Mayweathers drug testing, whats wrong with that? He refuses therefore no fight.

If you saw what Mayweather had to say about Manny he is right, almost about everything. Mayweather fought alot of fighters at their best or at the very least on thier terms (except for the drug testing which is fair enough imo). Manny did not or has not. He has fought alot of bums/has beens or people out of their comfort zones in terms of weight class.

Manny is a great fighter of that I have no doubt, but he isn't nearly as good as people make out.

Mayweather is one of the best fighters not only of this era, but ever. Defensively there have been very few as good. Even on the ropes he has the potential to knock you out. He is undefeated in 42 fights, still fighting title fights and winning at 34 (old for a boxer) and has been fighting professionally now for 15 years.

At the end of the day Mayweather does not need to beat Manny, does not even need to fight him, he has done everything, beaten the best. Manny on the other hand needs to fight and beat Mayweather to put alot of his critics to rest.

Just my 2 cents.

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:37 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:

Lol you do realise Manny has been with Roach for over a decade?

I did'nt say Manny was static, i said Manny has proven he is vulnerable defence wise when he comes forward shown by how often he gets hit......

Now think what would happen against Floyd he comes in he tries to pressurize him with combinations, mayweather just blocks and counters which is Floyds natural game it suits him down to the ground......

Of course Manny doesnt come in and fires blindly i know that i was joking, i basically meant that he throws alot of punches and they miss basically his thrown to landing ratio isnt that great and he would be facing the best pure defensive fighter of this era.....

He would get punished for every meaningful punch he misses, while Floyd will hardly miss a punch as usual.

This is way he is tailor made for Mayweather imo, Mayweather loves fighters that come forward and throw combinations so he can sit back, roll and counter....

Oh and Pacquaio is by no means a one dimensional fighter i never meant that to come across, simply that he throws alot of bombs that would be easy for Mayweather to counter and Pacquaio has been hit by fighters with less speed, accuracy and agility than Mayweather....

Pacquaio isnt hard to hit, its just hard to stop him from hitting you that is the problem many people face but Mayweather isnt just anybody as i said he is the best defensive fighter of his era who has hardly been hit in his whole career....

I hope you understand now why i feel Pacquaio's style suits Mayweather down to the ground.

Sure I get you I don't even think Pac is the favourite for the fight, but I didn't like how you was talking about Pac like he was some Hatton style moron, pisses me off all the time when Floyd fan boys say this (not directed totally at you btw).

Floyd will defo land more without a doubt, but power shots go to Pac and Floyd doesn't have the power to KO manny.

I think its a coin flip or possbily 55-45 to Floyd favour depends on the night whether or not Manny can wear him down, as you say hes got the work rate and speed to catch Floyd not many have, especially from his awkward angles he throws from. Even if he misses the target and hits his arms etc it all counts.

And no doubt Floyd will have many opportunities for the counter + sly elbows 🐰 His defense is probably the best I've ever seen hence its a complete clash of styles Offense vs Defense.

But I still don't agree his style is tailor made especially since you bring up the points of speed and workrate, agree to disagree I suppose.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:43 pm

Crimson wrote:

lol yup

Ask alot of people who have been around the boxing business for a long time and have experience and alot of them feel something is up with Manny, he has something to hide. What that is exactly I do not know nor want to speculate.

All he has to do is agree to Mayweathers drug testing, whats wrong with that? He refuses therefore no fight.

If you saw what Mayweather had to say about Manny he is right, almost about everything. Mayweather fought alot of fighters at their best or at the very least on thier terms (except for the drug testing which is fair enough imo). Manny did not or has not. He has fought alot of bums/has beens or people out of their comfort zones in terms of weight class.

Manny is a great fighter of that I have no doubt, but he isn't nearly as good as people make out.

Mayweather is one of the best fighters not only of this era, but ever. Defensively there have been very few as good. Even on the ropes he has the potential to knock you out. He is undefeated in 42 fights, still fighting title fights and winning at 34 (old for a boxer) and has been fighting professionally now for 15 years.

At the end of the day Mayweather does not need to beat Manny, does not even need to fight him, he has done everything, beaten the best. Manny on the other hand needs to fight and beat Mayweather to put alot of his critics to rest.

Just my 2 cents.

Agreed Manny is the one who has something to prove.

However it's not like Mayweather has never ducked a fight before when he was younger.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:50 pm

Crimson wrote:

lol yup

Just my 2 cents.

Yeah because Manny has moved up 8 divisions or what not so he must have fought people outside THEIR comfort zones :facepalm: I don't even know how to comment on this Floyd is known for hand picking his opponents not the other way round lool. Marquez - Morales - Barrera

I don't get what Manny has to prove hes moved up flyweight to even fight at light middle, his legacy is made as is floyds.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:57 pm

Well if Manny is up for it the ball is in Floyd's court.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:00 pm

Zealous wrote:Well if Manny is up for it the ball is in Floyd's court.

Well Floyd has said many times he wants the fight aslong as Manny takes the test he could be bluffing but if he is why dont Manny call his bluff?

also Ade i dont agree that Mayweather does'nt have the power to KO Manny he has KO'ed bigger people than Manny in the past but the rest of your comments are fair enough.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:05 pm

You don't need to be big to take a hit. Manny has a strong jaw, so unless Floyd lands two clean hits immediately after touching gloves I don't see that happening. (Laughing)
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:13 pm

Yeah they both have great chins, I hate Cortez hes a prick.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by paddy Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:35 pm

Ortiz only has himself to blame, he's too much of a nice guy. Straight after the butt he went over to hug Floyd. They then touched gloves and he went for another embrace, when Floyd nailed him with that suckerpunch he looked straight at Cortez, ignoring the principle rule of boxing - DEFEND YOURSELF AT ALL TIMES - While he was looking away Floyd nailed him again with the straigh right and it was lights out. Mayweather is a prize wanker and has always been a very dirty fighter, you cannot be a nice guy when you're in the ring with him. Even in the post fight interview Victor seemed to just take it all in his stride, he wasn't angry at all. You could say he's just a classy human being, and I guess you'd be right, but you could also interpret that as a sign of weakness. He's going to have a very big future, no doubt about it, but he needs to drop the nice guy act.

As for Floyd, he hasn't missed a beat. I always thought that he would beat Pacquiao and I see no reason to change that view now. He's one of the best ever

paddy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:41 am

My heart says Floyd would beat Pacquiao...my head says Pacquiao would really punish him

Either way, people need to stop blaming Mayweather for the fight not happening yet....Its bs

Every single other fighter Mayweather has gone against since coming out of retirement (every single fking one) has undergone the stringent testing that Floyd has requested of Pacquiao.....All of them did it

Pacquiao is somehow being painted as the good guy despite expecting special treatment and generally acting shady as fck regarding testing

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised at all if Pacquiao was doping...My gut feeling is that he definitely did it at some point
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:35 pm

It's because Mayweather is a dick.

All he has is his undefeated record. Don't get me wrong he'll always be an all time great but it's his record that stands out. A lot of people want Pacquiao to take him out.

Pacquiao loses he'll still be a decent guy and no one will think lesser than him. He'll always be a great fighter.

Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:11 pm

Zealous wrote:It's because Mayweather is a dick.

All he has is his undefeated record. Don't get me wrong he'll always be an all time great but it's his record that stands out. A lot of people want Pacquiao to take him out.

Pacquiao loses he'll still be a decent guy and no one will think lesser than him. He'll always be a great fighter.

That's because everyone is mad and jelly, the on-camera floyd is'nt the real him he just acts like that to get more people to buy the fight......

Everyone that knows him in the real have said he he is totally the opposite of that and have called him down to earth etc etc

For what its worth i agree with Bhends, there definitely is something shady regarding Pacquaio......

Also i dont think he's as nice as his on-screen demeanor portrays he reminds me alot of Guardiola in that aspect.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:01 pm

Forget manny, Khan in 3 years will eat Mayweather alive
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:07 pm

RealGunner wrote:Forget manny, Khan in 3 years will eat Mayweather alive

Do you think Mayweather will still be around in 3 years ?

I have my doubts tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:11 pm

exactly :coffee: lol
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CaseyBoi Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:33 pm

Kahn is a bum. :coffee:

i seriously dont like that guy. Hes from my hometown and to be fair its only the asian community that like him. Most people from Bolton dont actually rate him. except for the asians.. because he does so much for them but says he represents bolton yet does so little for the actual whole community.

That and hes just a dick! always speeding around in his flash cars doing douchbag stuff.

/truth
CaseyBoi
CaseyBoi
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by archwooohh Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:02 pm

Ortiz = :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Make Pacquiao-Floyd happen already, I don't care if you have to test Manny in the middle of the night while he's asleep, just do it already... same with Jack, mind says Mayweather but heart says Manny

Well, now Pacquiao-Marquez is up again... see what we're getting the longer we delay the fight? This again?

On a side note, the last fighter to ever beat Pacquiao, Erik Morales, was in the undercard of Mayweather-Ortiz...
archwooohh
archwooohh
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:11 pm

It was fixed. pirat
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:48 pm

CaseyBoi wrote:

Kahn is a bum. :coffee:

i seriously dont like that guy. Hes from my hometown and to be fair its only the asian community that like him. Most people from Bolton dont actually rate him. except for the asians.. because he does so much for them but says he represents bolton yet does so little for the actual whole community.

That and hes just a dick! always speeding around in his flash cars doing douchbag stuff.

/truth

thats harsh man, everyone in england loves him, it's true that he is an arrogant man but He has talent to act like one

Last edited by RealGunner on Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next