Bayern Munich's Uli Hoeness: Bundesliga only trails La Liga & will soon leave the Premier League in its wake

+8
pUsHa
rwo power
MarkForrest17
Die_Roten
Magricos
Serge Gnabry
Sushi Master
Körbl
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Bayern Munich's Uli Hoeness: Bundesliga only trails La Liga & will soon leave the Premier League in its wake Empty Bayern Munich's Uli Hoeness: Bundesliga only trails La Liga & will soon leave the Premier League in its wake

Post by Körbl Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:21 am

"We are currently number two behind Spain," he told Bild am Sonntag. "Italy, we have long left behind us; England, we are just about to leave behind."

No stranger to controversy, the outspoken president also hailed the Bundesliga for its wide distribution of quality among all teams.

"Based on the full breadth, I would consider the Bundesliga even today as the strongest league in the world."

It has been a decade since a Bundesliga team last won the Champions League. However, following a slump during the 2000s, German teams have had some more positive results in Europe, with Bayern Munich and Schalke reaching the final and semi-final of the Champions League, respectively, in 2010 and 2011.

source :goal.com

http://www.goal.com/en/news/15/germany/2011/09/19/2673409/bayern-munichs-uli-hoeness-bundesliga-only-trails-la-liga
Körbl
Körbl
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Bayern Munich's Uli Hoeness: Bundesliga only trails La Liga & will soon leave the Premier League in its wake Empty Re: Bayern Munich's Uli Hoeness: Bundesliga only trails La Liga & will soon leave the Premier League in its wake

Post by Sushi Master Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:26 am

Typical Hoe-ness rants Very Happy Move along.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Bayern Munich's Uli Hoeness: Bundesliga only trails La Liga & will soon leave the Premier League in its wake Empty Re: Bayern Munich's Uli Hoeness: Bundesliga only trails La Liga & will soon leave the Premier League in its wake

Post by Serge Gnabry Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:07 am

Never going to happen without a different tv contract and investors.

Is there a German source for this? Didn't find anything.
Serge Gnabry
Serge Gnabry
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:32 am

banana banana

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Die_Roten Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:30 am

Seems like everyone wants to be a troll lately :coffee:
Die_Roten
Die_Roten
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkForrest17 Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:55 am

I honestly couldn't even name another team from that league other than Bayern Munich off the top of my head. I've never seen one game of it ever broadcast on TV where I live. They show the premier league and La Liga and Serie A all the time though.
MarkForrest17
MarkForrest17
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:30 am

MarkForrest17 wrote:I honestly couldn't even name another team from that league other than Bayern Munich off the top of my head.
So you missed Schalke trashing Inter in the CL (before they got steamrolled themselves by ManUtd, of course)? Tsk tsk. It was all over the media.

MarkForrest17 wrote:I've never seen one game of it ever broadcast on TV where I live. They show the premier league and La Liga and Serie A all the time though.
Well, that only means we have lots of untapped possibilities in marketing still, while the other leagues already used up these opportunities. With the BL being highly profitable as-is, it should get only more profitable once that resource is actually used, too.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:16 am

A league that has Bayern as the only competitive team in CL !? ... :coffee:
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:49 am

Well, last season Schalke went farther than Bayern ^^
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:22 pm

Serge Gnabry wrote:Never going to happen without a different tv contract and investors.

Is there a German source for this? Didn't find anything.

But do you think Investors is a good thing for German football, I think this is done to protect the league on a long run especially the financial crisis the world has been facing, what happened if an investor decide to pull out, have you ever thought of the consequences.

And can you please enlighten us on why you think Bundesliga needs investors and a different tv contract.

The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:23 pm

rwo power wrote:Well, last season Schalke went farther than Bayern ^^

ANd they were outclassed y UNited in the first leg and demolished by our reserve side in the second.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Serge Gnabry Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:27 pm

I'm sure he didn't even say that. Still looking for a German source...
Serge Gnabry
Serge Gnabry
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:29 pm

To add to that, I could remember they dupmed the last Seria A team and Humiliated them.

What Hoeness was trying to say is the that Bundesliga has a sort of balance system, that is, there isn't too much difference between Bundesliga clubs.

Talent are distrubted among all clubs and there is a reasonable balance between all team unlike the premiereship, that what I picked from the article.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:32 pm

jibers wrote:

ANd they were outclassed y UNited in the first leg and demolished by our reserve side in the second.

However a season before that Bayern Munich Humilated Manchester United, while playing with posibly the worst defenders in the history of Bundesliga. Demichelis/Van Buyten.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:34 pm

Idrisozet wrote:
jibers wrote:

However a season before that Bayern Munich Humilated Manchester United, while playing with posibly the worst defenders in the history of Bundesliga. Demichelis/Van Buyten.

Humiliated? We battered you during the game, even after the game Van Gaal saids that Bayre were still mto on our level. Nice try.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:42 pm

jibers wrote:
Idrisozet wrote:
jibers wrote:

Humiliated? We battered you during the game, even after the game Van Gaal saids that Bayre were still mto on our level. Nice try.

I can't seriously remember any battering except the ones that was coming from Arjen Robben and Ribbery and I can't remember whatever Van Gaal said the man was an idiot anyways, who showed his balls to everyone, so his opinion doesn't count.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:58 pm

Idrisozet wrote:
jibers wrote:
Idrisozet wrote:
jibers wrote:

I can't seriously remember any battering except the ones that was coming from Arjen Robben and Ribbery and I can't remember whatever Van Gaal said the man was an idiot anyways, who showed his balls to everyone, so his opinion doesn't count.

Yes, the opinion of the man that won you the double and took you to a cl final doesnt count. Didn't we win that game? SO how did you humiloiate us exactly? Stay classy.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:14 pm

jibers wrote:
Idrisozet wrote:
jibers wrote:
Idrisozet wrote:
jibers wrote:

Yes, the opinion of the man that won you the double and took you to a cl final doesnt count. Didn't we win that game? SO how did you humiloiate us exactly? Stay classy.

By knocking you guys out of cpl and Ferguson was bitch talking afterward about typical German after he predicted that Bayern will have semilar faith like what they did to Roma and the whole media was like it will be a walk in the park for Manchester United.

Hey! Robben, Van Bommel and Ribbery won us the double not Van Gaal. (I can argue this anywhere) He was useless without Robbery tricks and Van Bommel leadership and as soon as this players got fed up with his ego he didn't last 3month.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:16 pm

Idrisozet wrote:
jibers wrote:
Idrisozet wrote:
jibers wrote:
Idrisozet wrote:
jibers wrote:

By knocking you guys out of cpl and Ferguson was bitch talking afterward about typical German after he predicted that Bayern will have semilar faith like what they did to Roma and the whole media was like it will be a walk in the park for Manchester United.

Hey! Robben, Van Bommel and Ribbery won us the double not Van Gaal. (I can argue this anywhere) He was useless without Robbery tricks and Van Bommel leadership and as soon as this players got fed up with his ego he didn't last 3month.

It was a walk in the park till rafael got sent off, he had ribery in his back pocket the whole game before that as well.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:29 pm

jibers wrote:
Idrisozet wrote:
jibers wrote:
Idrisozet wrote:
jibers wrote:
Idrisozet wrote:
jibers wrote:

It was a walk in the park till rafael got sent off, he had ribery in his back pocket the whole game before that as well.

It was not a walk in the park, (This is what I hate about some arrogant Premiereship sheeple and thats why I get so aggressive sometimes and thats why I am here reminding you of how Manchester United got destroyed by Bayern because you seriously didn't not have to bring Man-U trashing Schalke up when someone said they knowked out inter)

Bayern were all over you guys running riots on your defenders which resulted to holding and pusing and if I could remember that season Bayern was famously known for their come backs, right from the Juventus match uptil United Match, it was part of our tradition then.

Rafeal had Ribery in his Pocket by pushing and he got sent off, anyways I wish he dare face Ribery this days, he will be ripped apart like is a tornado that hits him.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:43 pm

Idrisozet wrote:
jibers wrote:
Idrisozet wrote:
jibers wrote:
Idrisozet wrote:
jibers wrote:
Idrisozet wrote:
jibers wrote:

It was not a walk in the park, (This is what I hate about some arrogant Premiereship sheeple and thats why I get so aggressive sometimes and thats why I am here reminding you of how Manchester United got destroyed by Bayern because you seriously didn't not have to bring Man-U trashing Schalke up when someone said they knowked out inter)

Bayern were all over you guys running riots on your defenders which resulted to holding and pusing and if I could remember that season Bayern was famously known for their come backs, right from the Juventus match uptil United Match, it was part of our tradition then.

Rafeal had Ribery in his Pocket by pushing and he got sent off, anyways I wish he dare face Ribery this days, he will be ripped apart like is a tornado that hits him.

Fair points. I'm not trying to be arrogant mate, apologies if i came off that way. That game was epic though. Bayern this season are a much better outfit.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:44 pm

Idrisozet wrote:

To add to that, I could remember they dupmed the last Seria A team and Humiliated them.

What Hoeness was trying to say is the that Bundesliga has a sort of balance system, that is, there isn't too much difference between Bundesliga clubs.

Talent are distrubted among all clubs and there is a reasonable balance between all team unlike the premiereship, that what I picked from the article.

Deportivo la Coruna humiliated Milan in 04 ... and went further than Barca and Real ... did that make the La Liga the best in the world suddenly !?
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:51 pm

I will repeat again, unless Bundesliga builds another superclub, they are 4th league in the world. You can be ''profitable'' and ''unused marketing opps'' all you want.
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:52 pm

pUsHa wrote:
Idrisozet wrote:

Deportivo la Coruna humiliated Milan in 04 ... and went further than Barca and Real ... did that make the La Liga the best in the world suddenly !?

actually la liga was the best around that time.. from 2000 to 2004.. except for barca lol lot of teams did well in the cl.. plus alaves going to uefa cup final etc.
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:01 pm

Grande_Milano wrote:I will repeat again, unless Bundesliga builds another superclub, they are 4th league in the world. You can be ''profitable'' and ''unused marketing opps'' all you want.
Well, the 5-year ranking says otherwise. And now don't come with "Italian clubs don't take the EL serious" - they know how the ranking works and if they shun the EL anyway, it is their fault. Fact is, Serie A has less points than the BL, thus the BL outranks Serie A and that's because the BL clubs overall were more successful in width.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next