flameas
sukrut23
JAY-Z
13 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Roma vs Siena - Page 3 Empty Re: Roma vs Siena

Post by McLewis Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:23 pm

We still look very susceptible with that high-line at the back....Burdisso and Kjaer should not be seeing so much of the ball....far too much space in between the lines for Siena to exploit, which they've done well.

Kjaer also saved the game for us with another goal line clearance....deep ball from the right flank really caused problems.

McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:25 pm

Pjanic with a dangerous shot...that's much better from him. He's not been bursting forward from midfield with regularity like we'd expect.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:32 pm

Well Siena have their equalizer. We got ripped open again at the death. Siena had been threatening all night with their counterattacks and they finally get a reward.

Can't say they don't deserve it.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:35 pm

Very disappointing.

89th minute and we're passing the ball around at the back. We seem so reluctant to play the ball into the box for fear of losing possession and Siena hitting us on the counter.

Lotsa pretty football, but no real danger, no real penetration. That's gotta change.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sukrut23 Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:36 pm

may be pjanic told to stay back after happned at cagliari although i think he needs a little bit of time, some easy fixtures may be a goal can do wonders for him..

----
oh well thats roma for you always slipping up

1-1

plz sack enrique plz sack him plzzzzz
sukrut23
sukrut23
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by sukrut23 Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:45 pm

i have always been against the 4-3-3.. u need big, fast and strong wingbacks for those tactics to have any winning impact..

anyways when i wake up i would love to see enrique lookin for a job at mcdonalds
sukrut23
sukrut23
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:50 pm

So boys? Thoughts on Enrique now? :coffee:

P.S IM NOT HERE TROLLING
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:20 pm

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:So boys? Thoughts on Enrique now? :coffee:

P.S IM NOT HERE TROLLING

Still a promising young coach still trying to implement a system that he believes in. A system that is beginning to take shape. We didn't get the result we wanted. So what?

Not LE's fault.

And since we all know just what you think of LE. You sarcastically asking for our "thoughts" on him with the coffee icon following as well as your disclaimer that you ARE NOT trolling, does tell me that either you think you are or you actually are.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by romanista99 Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:10 pm

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:So boys? Thoughts on Enrique now? :coffee:

P.S IM NOT HERE TROLLING

I'll be quite honest, I'm not to fond into his tactics, but I'll him more time as we all know, Roma are known to be poor from the start, but grow. Being a fan, I'm never happy without a win, but right now it does not matter, what matters is we keep growing.
romanista99
romanista99
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by JAY-Z Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:17 pm

I'm gonna support Enrique till January.Pretty fair eh?
JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:51 pm

metinsk wrote:I'm gonna support Enrique till January.Pretty fair eh?

Enrique will be gone before christmas imo.
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by romanista99 Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:11 pm

The Fonz wrote:

What I read in the past, it seems that it's between the middle. Half accept him, have don't. With the directors supporting him saying phrases like We will keep Enrique even if he looses every game is a very bold phrase to say. I'm just undecided, I don't like his tactics, but his mentality is great. So for now, I'm willing to give him still a while. I'm sadned to see both Ranieri and Montella leave, Montella was great with us, but it's time to move on. We have a great squad, with lots of talent. Hopefully we will grow and get out from this slump. Totti is in his form is what we need the most.
romanista99
romanista99
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:25 pm

romanista99 wrote:
The Fonz wrote:

What I read in the past, it seems that it's between the middle. Half accept him, have don't. With the directors supporting him saying phrases like We will keep Enrique even if he looses every game is a very bold phrase to say. I'm just undecided, I don't like his tactics, but his mentality is great. So for now, I'm willing to give him still a while. I'm sadned to see both Ranieri and Montella leave, Montella was great with us, but it's time to move on. We have a great squad, with lots of talent. Hopefully we will grow and get out from this slump. Totti is in his form is what we need the most.

I hope so man but it's not looking very likely i would love for LE to succeed with us,like you said i like his mentality but some of his tactical decisons are bizarre.Here a few examples.My point of view anyways.

Playing Perrotta at RB for a start.when you got 2/3decent RB's on the bench.Perrotta gives us nothing going forward out wide,he would be all right if we get really stuck.We miss Perrotta in midfield,he is great at pressing the ball.

Wanting Osvaldo - apparently it was LE who wanted him not Sabatini.Now why would you pay 17.5 million for a guy who flopped in Serie a in the past..And not only that but Osvaldo needs to play central thats where he played when he was at Espanyol.By right we should have bought 2 wingers instead of getting Bojan and Osavldo at least this way we would have more width and be more balanced.probably better defensively as well. *cough Isla*

DDR - Is playing way to deep he is not 38 he should be playing in Pizarro's position by right he offers us more there and we desperately need him.What a waste.

Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by schnix Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:28 pm

worst match we ever played, even worse than cagliari

too much space between defense and midfield. we're lucky siena doesn't have a true attacking midfielder otherwise we would've suffered more. even from the beginning of the match, i realized we would get destroyed by teams playing 4-3-1-2- or 4-2-3-1. when siena brought on a striker (gonzalez) and brienza dropped deeper, they looked a lot more threatening

siena fully deserved the point today, if not more. they looked more threatening in front of goal, and could've gotten at least 2 more if it were not for kjaer

we're passing the ball too much around the back. and neither pjanic/pizarro are suited for the center midfield role. pjanic's an attacking midfielder who plays off a striker, and pizarro's a deep lying midfielder who plays in front of defense

LE's tactics aren't working. his selection of players may be passable, but his tactics certainly are not. our biggest problem is our two "wide" forwards

credit to our captain for being the hardest worker on the pitch
schnix
schnix
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:46 pm

So much impatience.

This is exactly what LE and the team don't need.

This whole season is a project, guys. I really don't know what you all are expecting at this point.

80 million got spent this summer and you guys are expecting 10 new players to just "click" like that and get the results? Did that happen for Man City? Real Madrid? No.

LE's going nowhere this season.

You guys need more patience and more faith, imo.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:53 pm

McLewis wrote:So much impatience.

This whole season is a project, guys. I really don't know what you all are expecting at this point.

80 million got spent this summer and you guys are expecting 10 new players to just "click" like that and get the results? Did that happen for Man City? Real Madrid? No.

I wouldn't be so sure of that.If results dont pick up anytime soon he'll get the boot simple truth..They were not applauding the team tonight like they were against Cagliari....
The fans can only take with so much..If we lose our next game expect the fans to be protesting at Trigoria..
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by schnix Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:08 pm

honest question, were you really expecting us to be outplayed by siena?
schnix
schnix
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:11 pm

The Fonz wrote:

I wouldn't be so sure of that.If results dont pick up anytime soon he'll get the boot simple truth..They were not applauding the team tonight like they were against Cagliari....
The fans can only take with so much..If we lose our next game expect the fans to be protesting at Trigoria..

Do you expect DiBenedetto to cave to their demands? I don't.

He specifically said that LE will not leaving this season and I believe him. If he does end up sacking LE, then it would be more to internal pressure than any media or fan pressure.

Trust me, this guy may be new to football, but he's been around sport long enough to know not to cave to pressure. It would absolutely criminal to sack someone that you've invested so much in so early in the season just because of a few results haven't gone our way.

That won't fix our problems. It'll make them worse. It's like firing an artist while he's still painting the outline of his sculpture or painting. We have no idea how that work of art will turn out and just because we're unsure of that and the result looks negative, the answer is to fire the person? I'm sorry, man. That's foolish and makes absolutely no sense.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by romanista99 Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:15 pm

Let's face it though guys, Siena has impressed a lot, they really got some quality players like D'Agostino, Mannini, Gonzalez. Like I said before, Serie A is very competitive and almost each club is hard to face. These are some quality players, but also the organization they have is very phenominal, the 4-2-4 they adapted to last season, really brought them to sucess when being promoted to Serie A, then on in their previous games. They gave real problems to Juventus which was very puzzling as thier former coach knew a lot about them... Roma did great, regarding possesion, but what we lack is oppurtunities, in which we need to work on.

If this keeps going on, we might see another Totti controversy.
romanista99
romanista99
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3