iftikhar
BeautifulGame
edulfc
Art Morte
Nishankly
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Liverpool vs Wolves - With some Maxi Appreciation - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool vs Wolves - With some Maxi Appreciation

Post by mr-r34 Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:00 pm

Nishank wrote:
RedOranje wrote:Adam worries me. He's beginning to show signs that my pre-signing concerns were correct. He's not very quick nor is he staying in his proper position and it's leaving Lucas exposed when he has to try to cover all of midfield AND back up Kelly when he makes forward runs. If Gerrard isn't fit enough yet I'd prefer to see Spearing or even Henderson as Lucas's partner against Everton. I think they'll get about more and help Lucas win the midfield battle whereas Adam will be a liability in such a feisty match.

But unfortunately, Scoring might have won Adam his place in the next match, Plus, We can see that kenny does not like rotating the midfield that much.

Lol rotating, who's he going to put in, the youngsters, when gerrard was injured, we really didn't have anyone with the enough exp to replace adam and hendo.

mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Liverpool vs Wolves - With some Maxi Appreciation - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool vs Wolves - With some Maxi Appreciation

Post by Art Morte Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:58 pm

Give Spearing a game, please Kenny :bball:
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:19 pm

I think Adam's been roaming forward more in the last two games, because of the formation. He's obviously the more attack minded between him and Lucas, and with the 4-4-2, there is space between the midfield and the strikers that he tends to wander into. In the absence of Gerrard or Suarez "in the hole" (Suarez has been sharing the responsibilities of leading the line with Carroll not on form enough to do so on his own), Adam has been roaming forward, taking on a more undisciplined role. I really want to see him orchestrate from a deeper position, ala Xavi and Xabi Alonso.

For "bigger" games away from Anfield, I agree that it could be a good idea to start Spearing, as he has shown more discipline in his tackling and is more prone to holding his defensive position. This is especially true when Gerrard features more prominently, as Adam pushing forward could produce more congestion than attacking malice.

I was really happy to see Carroll putting forth the effort today, and he was extremely unlucky not to come away with a goal. It was obvious that his confidence was low, and he showed his lack of faith in his own ability in the last few seconds of the game. If he had only taken the shot after his first touch he could have gotten the goal he deserved. I'm still looking forward to his contribution to the club's attack, and I do think he has the ability to be a feature of the Liverpool forward line for a long time. He must have game time to boost his confidence, though. If he continues to perform like he did against Wolves, I can see him securing a more regular spot in the starting eleven.

On a separate topic, has anything come of Suarez's obvious frustration at being substituted? I like that he had the respect to shake Gerrard and Kenny's hand before destroying a sports drink in frustration. Was it the game overall, or was it his personal substitution?
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:12 pm

donttreadonred wrote:I think Adam's been roaming forward more in the last two games, because of the formation. He's obviously the more attack minded between him and Lucas, and with the 4-4-2, there is space between the midfield and the strikers that he tends to wander into. In the absence of Gerrard or Suarez "in the hole" (Suarez has been sharing the responsibilities of leading the line with Carroll not on form enough to do so on his own), Adam has been roaming forward, taking on a more undisciplined role. I really want to see him orchestrate from a deeper position, ala Xavi and Xabi Alonso.

For "bigger" games away from Anfield, I agree that it could be a good idea to start Spearing, as he has shown more discipline in his tackling and is more prone to holding his defensive position. This is especially true when Gerrard features more prominently, as Adam pushing forward could produce more congestion than attacking malice.

I was really happy to see Carroll putting forth the effort today, and he was extremely unlucky not to come away with a goal. It was obvious that his confidence was low, and he showed his lack of faith in his own ability in the last few seconds of the game. If he had only taken the shot after his first touch he could have gotten the goal he deserved. I'm still looking forward to his contribution to the club's attack, and I do think he has the ability to be a feature of the Liverpool forward line for a long time. He must have game time to boost his confidence, though. If he continues to perform like he did against Wolves, I can see him securing a more regular spot in the starting eleven.

On a separate topic, has anything come of Suarez's obvious frustration at being substituted? I like that he had the respect to shake Gerrard and Kenny's hand before destroying a sports drink in frustration. Was it the game overall, or was it his personal substitution?

The announcers on the broadcast I was watching were talking about it being a desire to play alongside Gerrard... Take it as you will, it was a fairly unfounded statement, but I like the idea that he was frustrated by getting taken off for Gerrard as opposed to getting to combine with him.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:17 pm

mr-r34 wrote:

Lol rotating, who's he going to put in, the youngsters, when gerrard was injured, we really didn't have anyone with the enough exp to replace adam and hendo.

Hendo with Maxi/Bellamy.

Spearing can do a better job than Adam and Hendo combined defensively.

Kuyt with Hendo...

So many options, but he sticks to his plans.. They will come under fire if he doesnt get the results with the same team.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:05 pm

Starting Spearing over Adam we will lose a greal deal going forward.We still looked very creative every time we went forward.Adam contributed a lot to that imo.Personally dont think he had that bad a game as everyone is suggesting.

I would prefer just Kuyt instead of Henderson and leave the team unchanged apart from that for Everton unless Gerrard is fully fit.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:56 pm

We have, in our side at any given time, between 2 and 4 attacking players, as well as attacking fullbacks, who can give us creativity and movement without Adam's inclusion. It's not as though Lucas and Spearing are Sissoko's either, both can and will pass the ball around and will make runs... they are just a bit more conservative (and intelligent) about doing so than Adam. Several of our best performances last season were built on the Lucas - Spearing partnership, lest we forget. To add to that, does anyone really see Adam faring well up against the likes of Fellaini, Rodwell, Barkley, and potentially Cahill in midfield? His penchant for stupid tackles and lack of 'bite' would only make him a liability in a derby-day midfield mash.

Let me make something clear, and I fear I may be misunderstood otherwise: I do not dislike Adam. I think he is a good CM and a very good CAM and that he can and will be an effective squad player for us in the next couple of seasons. HOWEVER, that is ALL I feel he should be: a squad player. He is, as a CM, overrated IMHO. He lacks the agility and mobility, as well as the intelligence at times, to effectively play in a 2-man CM partnership against good sides (though I don't much like 4-4-2/4-4-1-1 in such situations at all, but that's another discussion for another time). Adam is the type of player we've lacked in past seasons when we struggled to break down stubborn sides, but he's NOT Alonso nor will he ever be that player for us. He's not going to set the tempo against top sides because they won't give him the time to do so and he's not going to be all that helpful in doing to same to their CM's. Honestly, Adam is a better player than Spearing, but I think Spearing is more suited to the derby.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:07 pm

@Redorange

My problem is i dont view Everton as a top team.Their midfield is below average with Fellaini being the only good player.Rodwell is just poor but overrated and Barkely has hardly done anything yet IMO.Their midfield is just devoid of creativity and all i can see Moyes setting them up is trying break our play all day long and try to counter.Even at Goddison park i cant see them being positive against us.

With Spearing instead of Adam i feel we will struggle to create much as we have done in the last few matches.Frankly if its upto me i would prefer a 5 man midfield but seeing that is unlikely i just dont prefer a midfield of 2 DM's in 4-4-2.That is way too conservative against teams that defend deep and i just think Everton will play similar imo.

The think that bothered me last season under Kenny even when we looked great was every time we went behind and the opposition defended with 10 men we simply looked bereft of ideas to break them down apart from looking for Suarez.The main reason i felt for that was that with Lucas and Spearing both being conservative in midfield we struggled to create anything through middle and hence were easier to defend.

I agree against top class opposition like United or City i would prefer Spearing over Adam if we play 4-4-2 and Gerrard is not fit but i dont rate Everton as a top class opposition even if its a derby.Perhaps I maybe underrating them but i never rated them including even Moyes much tbf.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:13 pm

I'd rather Spearing over Adam.

Adam will most likely get sent off against Everton. He really needs to learn how to tackle, and not stomp in for every ball. Adam isn't our only creative player, mind you. It's not as if we can't create any chances without him on the pitch.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:14 pm

It's a derby though, general form and squad strength rules go out the window.

Also, neither Lucas or Spearing are DMs, both are CMs who are simply a bit better defensively than offensively. They are still far more mobile than Adam and neither is a slouch in the pass. As previously stated, we have the likes of Downing, Suarez, Henderson/Kuyt/Bellamy, and Carroll to create and finish chances. The CMs just need to win the 50/50s (something Adam won't do a lot of in a derby) and keep play moving... Adam isn't necessary for this, IMO. We'd be better suited for the physicality and tempo with Spearing doing his usual running and tackling than we would with Adam's passing (but lack of general mobility) or Henderson's movement (but lack of bite).
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2