You can score as many goals as u want...

+21
Magricos
Harmonica
Pedram
Le Samourai
fatman123
jibers
julias
SaintJoe
Albiceleste
the xcx
S32TABLANCA
baresi
Doc
Guiltybystander
izzy
xabi
Zees
tikitaka
Giggslegend
LeVersacci
ManUnited4Ever
25 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

You can score as many goals as u want... - Page 2 Empty Re: You can score as many goals as u want...

Post by izzy Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:47 pm

ManUnited4Ever wrote:Ive been on these fourms from the good old v bulliten days loll, i kno how it goes, really wasnt sparking a ronaldo debate, haha i felt players like Ibra, Terry, and Casillas fit more of the list

No need to lie.

Terry and Casillas? Did you read the name of YOUR thread?

izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

You can score as many goals as u want... - Page 2 Empty Re: You can score as many goals as u want...

Post by the xcx Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:50 pm

ManUnited4Ever wrote:Ive been on these fourms from the good old v bulliten days loll, i kno how it goes, really wasnt sparking a ronaldo debate, haha i felt players like Ibra, Terry, and Casillas fit more of the list
haha Terry and Casillas..the hell?
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by tikitaka Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:54 pm

xabi wrote:
tikitaka wrote: He embarassed himself in the barca games. .

You can score as many goals as u want... - Page 2 Cristiano-ronaldo-copa-del-rey-2011_thumb3You can score as many goals as u want... - Page 2 L-Messi-Real-Madrid-Barcelona-Copa-del-Rey-Final-lionel-andres-messi-21242257-594-395

So he left United to win a copa? Congrats ronaldo.
tikitaka
tikitaka
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:55 pm

Ronaldo is a fantastic penalty taker but I would put my money on him missing one when the pressure is on.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:57 pm

I agree, Casillas really isnt scoring enough important goals in the really big games. The tons of goals he scores against smaller teams really dont count too much.

Razz
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Zees Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:05 pm

Lionel Messi wrote:Ronaldo is a fantastic penalty taker but I would put my money on him missing one when the pressure is on.
didnt he score against barca last year
Zees
Zees
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by SaintJoe Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:15 pm

Wow, this turned into a Real vs Barcelona quite fast
SaintJoe
SaintJoe
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Schalke 04

Back to top Go down

Post by julias Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:26 pm

First off I dont really agree with this thread tbh

my reasoning is are you telling me that a player can score 30 goals a season but fails in big games and to that there is no point?

are titles won by big games alone? nope

titles are won over a course of games, super cups aside

I'd rather my forward score against everyone and not the big guys instead of scoring in the big matches alone

however I am sure there are quite a few players that fall under this category
julias
julias
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:29 pm

Okay -'ve said this so mny times, Ronaldo is a great goal scorer but he dissappears in big games
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:42 pm

I never got involved seriously in those threads, cause I always thought they were fun to some point, but to have 4-5 threads on the first page all about the same subject with different titles is just too much, I hope this will seriously be the last time we see those threads, anyway this will be my last post in those threads.

Both CR7 and Messi are great looking at it indivisually, both have their pluses over the other.

Messi has a some HUGE pluses around him that are'nt with CR7, he grew in the club around some of the best talents that tought him many things over the years (Ronaldinho, Etoo', Guily, etc...) in the begining of his career he NEVER had any pressure on him to perform, his team (Barca) was already winning and he was always looked at as the cute boy of Barca one for the future etc..,in his early career no one was expecting him to lift the team (R80 Etoo and co. had the job done), all that was expected from him is to learn the system, and gain as much experience as possible, he was played gradually under the guidance of Ronaldinho (he has many quotes admitting how important R80 was to his game), and that really help built up his confidence.

Ronaldo on the other hand, started his brand of football, never got the oppurtunity to play alongside legends to learn from, he was always looked at as the finished product and must perform immediately,he was always expected to be the saviour of his team, in Manchester that was the case and in RM that is the case, the guy arrived to Manchester while they were in a renewal phase, and Manchester was/is known for alwyas winning titles and the fans always expected their superstar to lift the team up and have the main impact in winning, which CR7 brilliantly did there, and helped them get back to winning, and even better helped make a fortune when he left.

CR7 arrives to RM and as if the non winning streak is'nt enough pressure he comes with a huge price tag to only increase the pressure on him, and to make things worst he arrives in the best Barca ever era. Yet he breaks records, and helps his team win a title, CDR or not its a MAJOR title.

Now both CR7 and Messi fans ask yourselves those questions:

1) If Messi and CR7 decides to quit football NOW, who will suffer the most, Barca or RM?

2) If Barca in Messi's first 2 seasons was'nt winning, how would that have effected Messi of today?

3) If R80 and Etoo were'nt playing for Barca when Messi came up, and he was the center of focus back then as the saviour not as the little kid that fans want to see him play when the team is winning, how would it have effected Messi of today?

baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:58 pm

no love for ibra in this thread??
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:18 pm

You guys troll on Ronaldo wayyyyyy too much.Also the idiotic assumption everyone makes that Barca is the one and only big team in the world has gone from being slightly annoying to completely enraging.

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:15 am

tikitaka wrote:The saddest part is Madrid fans think there is arivalry between messi and cr7, messi is in a different league.

Common, Barca fans starts such thread and you blame Real Madrid fans ? we are not trying to compare Messi with Ronaldo, it's just ridiculous. we are defending our players from trolling.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:21 am

Lionel Messi wrote:Ronaldo is a fantastic penalty taker but I would put my money on him missing one when the pressure is on.

He has scored against Barca where we were down to ten men and Barca was leading 1-0 with ten minute before the end of the game. wasn't it enough pressure for a player ?
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:44 am

Ask C.Ronaldo fans.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:46 am

El Pipita wrote:

He has scored against Barca where we were down to ten men and Barca was leading 1-0 with ten minute before the end of the game. wasn't it enough pressure for a player ?
He failed against Barca in CL SF in 2008, Scholes saved him. He failed in penalty shoot against Chelsea in CL Final 2008, and gave the keys to victory for Terry, who also saved his bacon. Messi has never failed a important penalty.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:50 am

jiopsi wrote:
El Pipita wrote:

He failed against Barca in CL SF in 2008, Scholes saved him. He failed in penalty shoot against Chelsea in CL Final 2008, and gave the keys to victory for Terry, who also saved his bacon. Messi has never failed a important penalty.

Didn't realise we were allowed to use facts on goal legacy... hmm
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:54 am

jibers wrote:
jiopsi wrote:
El Pipita wrote:

Didn't realise we were allowed to use facts on goal legacy... hmm
Sometimes I feel the same. Laughing
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:02 am

jiopsi wrote:
El Pipita wrote:

Do you know Ronaldo has only missed one penalty with Real Madrid ? it was against Almeria so who cares.
His penalties are usually so accurate. again i'm not comparing him with Messi which you are trying to do.

Anyway, i've no problem in saying Messi is better than Ronaldo but you Barca fans seems so insecure about it. You guys watch Messi every game and you still think there is a need to crap on Ronaldos achievement to make Messi bigger.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:06 am

This screams Rooooooooooney tbh. He should try to show up for a WC.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:07 am

Magricos wrote: This screams Rooooooooooney tbh. He should try to show up for a WC.

TBH it wasn't really his fault (nor Terry's). England players can't function together in a group because they lack technique.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:47 am

If people try to use the Barca as the only game of note most players will be considered big game flops

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeps33178 Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:00 am

Barcelona should just invent a league for themselves so they can bitch and moan there and no one has to hear it
Jeps33178
Jeps33178
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:07 am

Jeps33178 wrote:Barcelona should just invent a league for themselves so they can bitch and moan there and no one has to hear it

This for real ... Barcelona is pretty much a bunch of separatists so they should have their own league Laughing
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kev Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:38 pm

Wow, so I guess Barcelona is the only big team in the world now. Every other game is a "small- game".

If Real Madrid was versing Osasuna tomorrow in a league deciding game, I would treat it as an extremely big game. Anyone who does well in that game goes in my "big- game player" book.

Sometimes, the situation is more important than the opposition. In those cases, the games should still be classified as big games.

What's the point in beating all the big names in the CL only to lose to Sheffield United in the final (hypothetically speaking)? In my book, the players in the big team who failed in the final goes into my "small- game player" book.

Kev
Kev
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2