Seppuku
Lord Awesome
guest7
34 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Pepe: Messi can't play for Argentina Empty Pepe: Messi can't play for Argentina

Post by guest7 Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:11 pm

Real Madrid defender Pepe believes his side is equipped to beat Barcelona this season.

The Spanish capital club is determined to take the Primera Division crown home after watching their Catalan rivals win the last three league titles.

The two clubs faced each other in the Supercopa in August, with Barcelona coming out on top 5-4 on aggregate after two hotly contested matches. Pepe feels Madrid was the better team in the two-legged tie and stressed his side can challenge Barca on all fronts.

"We have already demonstrated in the two Supercopa games that it is not impossible to beat Barcelona," Pepe told news daily Publico. "In the Supercopa, we were clearly better than them. Unfortunately, they were lucky and we did not win, but that happens in football. We deserved to win both games.

"Nowadays, we are the team with the best chance of putting up a good fight against Barcelona. We are going through a good moment and our squad have the quality to beat Barca or any other team."

The Brazil-born defender singled out Lionel Messi as Barcelona's main threat, but noted that the Camp Nou side's biggest asset is its team play.

"Messi is a player of an incredible quality, but I believe what weighs more is Barca's collective game, which is excellent," Pepe told the paper. "That is why Messi cannot prove his worth when he plays for Argentina. That goes to show that Barca's collective game is what makes the difference."

The former Porto man went on to note that all the criticism surrounding Cristiano Ronaldo and Jose Mourinho is unfounded and driven by envy.

"I think it is because we are at the best club in the world," Pepe noted. "Cristiano, as a player, and Mourinho, as a coach, are the best.

"All that causes envy and frustration in many quarters."

Humble and respectful, no? :coffee:
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Pepe: Messi can't play for Argentina Empty Re: Pepe: Messi can't play for Argentina

Post by Lord Awesome Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:13 pm

Had to be Pepe. Laughing

Edit: Nevermind.

Last edited by Lord Hispano on Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Pepe: Messi can't play for Argentina Empty Re: Pepe: Messi can't play for Argentina

Post by Seppuku Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:14 pm

Well said.
Seppuku
Seppuku
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:16 pm

Pepe is humble and respectful. And deluded. Laughing
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:17 pm

I think it's embarrassing how they haven't bested Barca yet.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:17 pm

Lord Hispano wrote:I think it's embarrassing how they haven't bested Barca yet.

Copa del rey final?
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:18 pm

Quite pathetic, can't beat them on the pitch, or off the pitch Laughing Barcelona has Real Madrid players venting their frustration in press conferences

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:18 pm

Umm once he said we were beter in a 5-4 loss I stopped reading, since when is a team better when losing, in every single sport a win makes u automatically better lol

Pepe humble and respectful
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:18 pm

SuperCopa in Bernabeu. The result might not tell the whole story but the performance showed a clear superiority to Real Madrid. :coffee:
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:19 pm

jibers wrote:

Copa del rey final?

1 Cup out of 4 contested? That's not besting. Laughing
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:20 pm

gameoverpleaseinsert200millioneuros.jpg

Last edited by Lionel Messi on Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:20 pm

i'll give it 2 pages
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:21 pm

I see he is yet yo take his medication today.

Someone really needs to look into ensuring he does take it, great talent but the clearly some short circuiting has gone on in his head.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:22 pm

omarish wrote:

SuperCopa in Bernabeu. The result might not tell the whole story but the performance showed a clear superiority to Real Madrid. :coffee:

Laughing You guys have had a superior squad and Manager yet came out defeated last year.

I know I would be embarassed. But at the same time I can't blame you guys. Barca's tactics minimizes the opposing team.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:22 pm

I would like to point out that Messi does, in fact, play well for Argentina. It's just that Argentina, as a footballing unit, chokes when you really need them to do well.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:22 pm

Why are people reacting? Did anyone expect anything less from Pepe when he clearly wants his friend, teammate and countryman Ronaldo to be the best player and he will continue probably to downtalk Messis name and call Ronaldo the better player...
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:23 pm

The Franchise wrote:I see he is yet yo take his medication today.

Someone really needs to look into ensuring he does take it, great talent but the clearly some short circuiting has gone on in his head.

Where have you been, bro? HaVen't seen you out here much lately. Very Happy
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:23 pm

omarish wrote:

When the other team is in peak form and the other came with fat bellies (I heard Benzema traded the 7 kilos for some of Messi's magic) and hangover? Well that's something I guess. Very Happy
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:24 pm

Today is just a massive trollfest Very Happy

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:24 pm

Lord Hispano wrote:
omarish wrote:

Laughing You guys have had a superior squad and Manager yet came out defeated last year.

I know I would be embarassed. But at the same time I can't blame you guys. Barca's tactics minimizes the opposing team.

How do we have a superior squad? They have Messi, Xavi and Iniesta. Three legends IMO, and don't forget Messi the one man army, the guy is unfair to football ffs
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:25 pm

jiopsi wrote:
omarish wrote:

When the other team is in peak form and the other came with fat bellies (I heard Benzema traded the 7 kilos for some of Messi's magic) and hangover? Well that's something I guess. Very Happy

Peak form? Have you watched our latest games....? Let's not forget we had Higuain who had almost no pre season games, Di Maria same as Higgy and Coentrao who isn't even a midfielder ffs. That excuse is poor and their form were equally as bad
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:25 pm

And people say Arsenal are the bitchiest club.

Bitch, please Laughing
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:29 pm

omarish wrote:
Lord Hispano wrote:
omarish wrote:

How do we have a superior squad? They have Messi, Xavi and Iniesta. Three legends IMO, and don't forget Messi the one man army, the guy is unfair to football ffs

You forgot Puyol. Laughing

But you guys have Ronaldo, Alonso, Casillas, etc. etc. You guys aren't without your legends either, you know. And frankly I (humbly) believe you guys have the better squad on paper.

Matches aren't played on paper, but on the pitch.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:29 pm

Pepe was never exactly the brightest or sane man.

His hypocrisy was when asking Messi if HE was crazy when Messi launched a ball at the Bernebeu crowd.

Plus its obvious that Pepe doens't possess much footballing knowledge or doesn't follow Argentina closely by any means.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:31 pm

Arquitecto wrote:

Pepe was never exactly the brightest or sane man.

His hypocrisy was when asking Messi if HE was crazy when Messi launched a ball at the Bernebeu crowd.

Plus its obvious that Pepe doens't possess much footballing knowledge or doesn't follow Argentina closely by any means.

He's just being biased to support his club, fgs. Laughing Just about everyone does that in the media.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next