Jack Russell
TalkingReckless
Sri
64 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Rival Watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Rival Watch

Post by ArsenalWenger Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:30 am

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Manchester-City-transfer-news-ex-Manchester-United-star-Cristiano-Ronaldo-wants-400-000-a-week-to-join-City-article746398.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Crstiano Ronaldo has told friends that Manchester City would have to break the bank to get him.

Sunday Mirror Sport has learnt that the Real Madrid superstar is bragging to friends that he is wanted by City’s Abu Dhabi-based owner Sheikh Mansour as he strives to make the Blues football’s No.1 club.

Ronaldo has told confidantes in Manchester that someone connected to the Sheikh’s family has contacted him informally with a mindblowing package that is tempting the former Manchester United hero to move to Eastlands.

However, last night City insisted that no approach had been made by them or on their behalf.

Ronaldo has put together a list of astonishing demands if he was to return to England.

The Portuguese star told a friend:

- He wants £400k a week.

- The No.7 shirt and captain’s armband.

- A guarantee that he will always be the club’s highest paid player.

The 26-year-old forward has claimed that City would have to pay Real a near 100 per cent profit on the £80million world record transfer fee they paid to United for him two years ago.

And Ronaldo believes that City would pay him a £350,000-a-week basic wage with a bonus and image rights package that would see his earnings soar even higher.

However, he wants £400,000 a week.

A source close to Ronaldo confirmed: “Cristiano says there has been contact between him and a third party. He says that he is extremely flattered at the lengths they’re willing to go to.

“He claimed that they will pay him what it takes to make him a Manchester City player.

“He says he wants £400k as taxes are higher in England.”

Ronaldo also claims that he was invited over to Abu Dhabi.

However, he did not go to the Middle East, but the source added he would want to become the captain and wear his favourite No.7 shirt.

Ronaldo also claimed he would want a guarantee that he would always be the club’s highest paid player.

His future at the Bernabeu has become uncertain in recent months.

United finally sold him to the Spanish giants in the summer of 2009 after years of speculation linking him to Real. But in two seasons, Madrid have been second best to bitter rivals Barcelona.

Ronaldo scored 53 goals last season – including the winner against Barca in the Copa del Rey final last month.

But that remains the only trophy he has won in the all-white kit of his boyhood idols.

Reports in Spain suggest that Ronaldo has become ­disillusioned with the tactics of Jose Mourinho and that Real were ready to cash in for £150m.

Only City would be able to meet such a valuation – but club officials were quick to dismiss claims of a move for Ronaldo last month.

Real Madrid took the unprecedented step of ­announcing: “There is no substance in these reports whatsoever.”

Ronaldo, himself, has previously insisted that the only team he would play for in England is United.

He still keeps in contact with Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson and calls the Reds boss his “football father.”

Becoming a City player while Ferguson is still in charge at Old Trafford would be a massive step for the star to take.

However, the figures being mentioned would turn any player’s head.

It would cost City a staggering £250million just to meet Real’s asking price and Ronaldo’s basic wage.

But Sheikh Mansour has an estimated personal fortune of £20billion and his family has assets of almost £600billion.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Woah. Don't know if it's true, but damn, something needs to be done about City!

ArsenalWenger
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:37 am

Ban them from football. They are making money whores out of football players. Disgusting.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:51 pm

So, looks like ManUtd seal a 16.5m deal for Phil Jones on a 5 year deal.

"Manchester United is delighted to announce it has signed an agreement with Blackburn Rovers for the transfer of Phil Jones," - United statement.
"The player passed a medical in Manchester last week and has agreed a five-year contract.
"The deal will be completed once the player returns from international duty."

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:28 am

Also heard that City are in for Sanchez. Bad news if thats true.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by boss Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:24 am

UTD are linked 4 Basel's mid. 19yrs old Xherdan Shaqiri ... just heard ! Maybe he would be fit 4 ASN more than UTD ..thought !

boss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:33 am

I'm not Shaqiri's biggest fan, personally, so I'm not that bothered if United get him or not.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by boss Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:38 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:I'm not Shaqiri's biggest fan, personally, so I'm not that bothered if United get him or not.
woww ! personally i don't know about him as much...just heard he's a great player...that's it

2b honest i saw him yestd.for the 1st ,playing vs Iceland..he looked very imperessive player imo !

boss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:49 am

Manchester United are making an audacious bid for Udinese's Alexis Sanchez in a bid to pip Man City and Barcelona. - ESPNSTAR

According to reports in the Sun, United chief executive David Gill himself has flown down to Spain to try to wrap up a £27million transfer for the 22-year-old Chilean.

Gill met with Udinese president Gino Pozzo on Tuesday in Barcelona to discuss the fine print of the deal.

This latest development will frustrate the Citizens, who were under the impression that their willingness to splash the cash would seal the deal.
The player's agent, Fernando Felicevich said: "An agreement with City? Sanchez's future is still very much wide open.

"We are working on it and, after meetings with City, we have other new appointments."

So far this summer, Manchester United have already earmarked £55 million to acquire Ashley Young from Aston Villa and Phil Jones from Blackburn Rovers, and are expected to snap up Atletico Madrid custodian David de Gea.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:46 am

Tottenham have turned down a £22million offer from Chelsea for Luka Modric, according to Sky Sports sources.

The Croatian playmaker has emerged as one of the Premier League's most creative and stylish performers since arriving at White Hart Lane in 2008.
A series of sparkling displays for Spurs last season reportedly attracted the attention of several clubs, with Manchester United believed to be admirers of the 25-year-old.

However, it is Chelsea who are believed to have made the first move for Modric this summer, lodging a big-money bid for his services.

Tottenham rejected the proposal but it is understood that the Blues are planning to return with an improved offer that will further test their resolve.

Chelsea are currently without a manager after sacking Carlo Ancelotti but owner Roman Abramovich appears ready to invest heavily in the squad as he is determined to bounce back after a season without silverware.

Spurs have previously made it clear that they intend to keep hold of all their key players after missing out on Champions League qualification.

Boss Harry Redknapp stated over the weekend that Modric was crucial to their hopes of future success, saying: "If we sell Luka we are just a selling club basically."

Modric, though, has refused to rule out the possibility of a transfer this summer.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by boss Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:41 pm

boss wrote:
GoonerJay29 wrote:I'm not Shaqiri's biggest fan, personally, so I'm not that bothered if United get him or not.
woww ! personally i don't know about him as much...just heard he's a great player...that's it

2b honest i saw him yestd.for the 1st ,playing vs Iceland..he looked very imperessive player imo !
wowwwwwww! Embarassed i lied guys...ha ha haaaaaaaa...what a LIAR tongue
Ok..im serious now @GoonerJay29-hey mate why don't u like him ! Shocked looool

boss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:40 pm

Manchester United are set to rival Chelsea for Tottenham's Luka Modric. A £22 million bid from Roman Abramovich was rejected this week.

United are said to be ready to offer Dimitar Berbatov as part of the deal, although Modric has insisted he is happy to stay at Spurs.

Meanwhile, Guus Hiddink looks set to take over the reigns at the Bridge.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:51 pm

Luka Modric is a quality player and will definitely strengthen any side he goest to.

I'd laugh hard if Berbatov returned to Spurs, though. It's not even impossible, given Redknapp's habit of resiging player he, or the club he managed, sold i.e. Chimbonda, Keane, Defoe and Crouch.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:52 pm

Would be surprising, I have to admit.. But I really don't see Berba at OT next season.. His chances are slimmer than those of Bendtner staying!!

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:05 pm

As far as I'm concerned, Berbatov was out the door as soon as he was left out of the Champions League final.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:06 pm

Real shame that. He still ended as the league top scorer yeah? <why couldn't RvP play a couple of more games!! Aaarrgghh!!> Somebody tell me, why was Berba frozen out?? Not that I am complaining, but he is a decent player!

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:19 am

Barcelona are plotting a shock raid on Chelsea for newly signed centre-back David Luiz.

The Brazilian joined the Blues for £21.3million from Benfica during the January transfer window.

Despite having a horror game against Manchester United at the end of last season, the 24-year-old has largely impressed at Stamford Bridge, scoring twice for the Blues in his 12 appearances - one more than £50million signing Fernando Torres.

But according to The Sun newspaper, Luiz has indicated that he may leave the Blues if Barcelona come knocking on his door.

Pep Guardiola is desperately on a look out for a new central defender as veteran captain Carles Puyol is struggling with a long-term left knee problem.

The Spanish coach has reportedly urgedsporting director Andoni Zubizarreta to follow up on a meeting between Barca president Sandro Rosell and Luiz's agent Giuliano Bertolucci in Brazil.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:21 am

Even before being appointed Chelsea's new manager, Andre Villas-Boas already has in mind three players he wants to bring to Stamford Bridge.

In the clearest of signs that he is heading towards Stamford Bridge, the highly-rated Portuguese coach resigned as Porto coach on Tuesday.

And with the Blues paying the £13.3million extrication from his contract with the Portuguese champions, it is only a matter of time before the 33-year-old is confirmed as their new manager.

Now according to The Daily Mirror, Villas-Boas, who flew into London on Tuesday night after severing ties with Porto, is hoping to persuade Colombian striker Radamel Falcao and Portuguese playmaker Joao Moutinho to join him at Stamford Bridge.

Meanwhile, Chelsea are also closing in on long-time target Neymar, who is expected to lead the line with Fernando Torres next season.

A £40million bid is expected to be tabled by the Blues after he plays for Santos in the second leg of their Copa Libertadores final against Penarol on Tuesday.

Players aside, Villas-Boas is also hoping to bring at least two members of his coaching staff at Porto with him. Physical trainer Jose Mario Rocha, opposition scout Daniel Sousa and assistant Vitor Pereira are on his wish-list.

However, Porto have appointed Pereira as the their new boss.
Pereira was quoted as saying: "Andre asked me if I wanted to come with him to Chelsea but I told him my dream was to stay as coach of Porto. This is the club where I want to succeed.

"Andre made his history, of which I am proud. I thank Andre for his friendship and trust but the past is the past. Andre knows that Porto will continue to win."

Meanwhile, it is believed that Villas-Boas has agreed to take up the toughest job in club football, on a three-year deal worth £6.2m per season

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by mani88 Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:26 am

Chelsea confirm Andre Villas-Boas as new manager

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2380210,00.html
mani88
mani88
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:34 am

Came across this on twitter:

Villas-Boas managerial career at Chelsea FC 2011/12:

W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-D-Fired.

[No offense guys, just found it pretty damn hilarious!!]

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Spider Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:17 pm

Ashley Young is on the verge of completing his £16million move to Manchester United after undergoing a medical on Wednesday night.

A deal for the Aston Villa winger was put in place before he flew to Las Vegas on holiday two weeks ago. And Young quickly completed his medical assessment at Manchester's Bridgewater hospital yesterday after returning from America on Monday.

United are expected to announce the completion of the transfer today, meaning that manager Sir Alex Ferguson has already spent more than £30m this summer after landing defender Phil Jones from Blackburn for £16.5m earlier this month.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ughh -.-
Spider
Spider
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/#!/ma7moud_21

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:47 pm

From an England perspective, Young moving to United is a good move since he can now fully exhibit his talents at the highest level. As far as I'm concerned, Young will be a key part of England's team for the Euro's and World Cup coming up. I just can't imagine Young playing to his full potential under McCleish at Villa.

From an Arsenal perspective, it's a little worrying to see United a very good player in Young but at the very least they still haven't adressed one of the more prominent weaknesses in their squad. After spending as much as they have, I wonder if they actually will.

On Villas Boas becoming Chelsea manager; we'll see how he gets on. His acheivments at Porto are obviously very impressive but let's not get carried away. Chelsea is a completely different kettle of fish.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:52 pm

im ok with young going to utd. Its better the someone like sanchez or sniejder going.

as long as he plays on the left its ok, sagna will keep him in his pocket as usual
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:23 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:
On Villas Boas becoming Chelsea manager; we'll see how he gets on. His acheivments at Porto are obviously very impressive but let's not get carried away. Chelsea is a completely different kettle of fish.

if Hulk comes with him to Chelsea its a wrap....

lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Emaharg Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:46 am

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/13882802.stm
Young to Man United confirmed for 17mil.
Emaharg
Emaharg
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by KMD Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:52 am

man u is buying all the english players.... that won't get them a CL trophy.

now they need Rodwell

KMD
KMD
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Spider Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:12 pm

AAANd it's looks like De Gea is undergoing a medical at Manu

-.-
Spider
Spider