PinePHresh
Ganso
pUsHa
baresi
Arquitecto
Potential
14 posters

Go down

Juventus vs Milan - Post Match Analysis - Empty Juventus vs Milan - Post Match Analysis -

Post by Potential Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:57 pm

First of all, I would like to say that Milan will bounce back.

Juventus outplayed us today, plain and simple. the problem started with our midfield, who were outplayed by a single former player of AC Milan, Pirlo; Claudio Marchisio was not visible much until the two goals.

Milan were not in-form, neither fit; Boeteng and Nocerino should have been replaced a long time ago, two very large mistakes from Allegri. KPB was set to be red-carded with his attitude; it was a great mistake by Allegri not to replace him earlier.

Emmaunelson had a decent game, he was the only man who moved the ball forward after his introduction, even though he did not do a perfect job at it, and not to forget, he was playing out of position as a CM after we switched to the 4-4-1-1 formation, which is NOT helpful at all, it was decent after out player fatigue.

We didn't control the game against a pacy Juventus side, where which Abate and Taiwo would have provided the width in going forward, and the defending which was needed not to concede late in the game.

Nocerino was invisible throughout the game, he should have been replaced for Inzaghi in the 50th minute and moving KPB back to the three men midfield and Cassano to his beloved AMF role.

Bonera had a decent game at the RB position until he was moved to CB; he might not have gone forward very well but he did defend well.

With our massive injury list, going from Abate to Pato and now early reports of Nesta being out for three weeks, it was not a bad display; Playing with 5 of out starting eleven, missing very important players in a formation where they are very much needed. (Abate and Taiwo provide the width in attack. Robinho and Pato provide the spark in the attack and the pace we needed. Flamini/Gattuso both provide the defensive midfield to win the ball back, while especially Gattuso provides the leadership in the pitch)

A wrongful formation against a overpowered Juventus; with Juventus playing with one striker, they had more midfield players on, and therefore more control over the game. a sufficient 4-4-2 or specifically 4-4-1-1 with no players out of position would have been more than enough to provide both width in attack and control over the midfield, where Emmanuelson playing at the left side of the midfield to provide the width in attack, and Cassano playing as a second striker behind Ibrahimovic to a similar position he played in Sampdoria.

Class is permanent, however even the best player tired won't have the class to do it. Seedorf should have not started the game, Aquilani even though he is very inconsistent would have provided more pace and more control over the game.

Boeteng should never play behind the strikers, arguably Allegri biggest flaw is not having a second formation in which he can fit the players if an injury occur; playing players in their position in an unusual formation is better than playing players out of position, where they atleast do what they do best sacrificing some team-work.

P.S: A year an half counting, Milan have yet to win a game with Bonera starting bounce
Potential
Potential
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Juventus vs Milan - Post Match Analysis - Empty Re: Juventus vs Milan - Post Match Analysis -

Post by Arquitecto Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:05 pm

Flop of the match is Allegri for starting Bonera and not taiwo and zambro at LB and RB.

What the **** is Nocerino doing here?

WTF did ambro come on for nocerino? We needed attack, aquilani

WTF was useless urby coming instead of cassano when he was good today.

How bout SES or Pippo?

Get a clue MAX!

I bet Galliani after this will opt for more cheap useless signings and fail to replace anyone.

We have the cheapest board. I can't even begin where to complain. We were ******* awful!

Berlu better spend in jan from his multi-billion fortune or someone not cheap and low quality.

Most of this is knee jerk.but...

Unbelievable
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Juventus vs Milan - Post Match Analysis - Empty Re: Juventus vs Milan - Post Match Analysis -

Post by baresi Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:10 pm

I think its just too late to spend now, who is available on the market? We missed out on a lot of huge talents this summer, we can always try to get Giovinco the guy is decent, Ballo. is another option, but as for midfielders I cant think of any.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:12 pm

We can always get another player free of contract or worth a milion that wont help us at all ...
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Potential Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:12 pm

baresi wrote:I think its just too late to spend now, who is available on the market? We missed out on a lot of huge talents this summer, we can always try to get Giovinco the guy is decent, Ballo. is another option, but as for midfielders I cant think of any.

There are a lot of quality midfielders playing for a 'lesser' league eager to prove themself throughout Europe and SA. we just need the scouts to find them.
Potential
Potential
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:15 pm

we do not need strikers ffs......

we need at least 2-3 midfielders by 2012-2013 season,one being an AM worthy of Milan's shirt
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:16 pm

Potential wrote:
baresi wrote:I think its just too late to spend now, who is available on the market? We missed out on a lot of huge talents this summer, we can always try to get Giovinco the guy is decent, Ballo. is another option, but as for midfielders I cant think of any.

There are a lot of Quality midfielders playing for a 'lesser' league eager to prove themself throughout Europe and SA. we just need the scouts to find them.

Scouts ? Are you kidding me ? The only good scout Milan ever had was Leonardo .... others didnt do anything and didnt bring anybody ...
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:18 pm

and hes also doing a great job on PSG with Pastore and others while we are stuck with the likes of KPB,Nocerino,Aquilani etc
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Potential Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:19 pm

pUsHa wrote:
Potential wrote:

There are a lot of Quality midfielders playing for a 'lesser' league eager to prove themself throughout Europe and SA. we just need the scouts to find them.

Scouts ? Are you kidding me ? The only good scout Milan ever had was Leonardo .... others didnt do anything and didnt bring anybody ...

I highlighted the key sentence.
Potential
Potential
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:19 pm

our club, especially gallaini or coach... when it comes to talented young players, they simply dont put faith on them..

too afraid to take risks... and milan is suffering from that for a very very long time now, since the end of 2006 actually.

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:26 pm

I get what you are trying to say Potential, but long gone are the days that decent scouts are club employees, those days its either a club buys ready players or open their own academies and raise their own players.

You cant find ready players or even half ready players for cheap anymore.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by PinePHresh Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:35 pm

Agree with all points except

1. Pirlo's influence was greatly reduced after 30 minutes. He was silent for the second half due to man marking from Boateng and our deep defensive line.

2. Emanuelson was awful today. Watch the first goal again. You will see it was Emanuelson's fault and Bonera didn't help either, though Bonera was solid at RB but is a CB by trade and struggled when on the ball.

3. A change in formation would not have done anything. 4-3-1-2 has four centrally located midfielders. The fullbacks are exposed in theory, but not if the midfield can work together and shift to the side of the pitch where the ball is located. The midfield players deployed by Allegri were far too tired to get the job done today.

Ganso wrote:we do not need strikers ffs......

we need at least 2-3 midfielders by 2012-2013 season,one being an AM worthy of Milan's shirt

Who is the next Rui Costa, the next Clarence Seedorf, the next Kaka? We need someone of this caliber, though I'm not sure anyone of this caliber exists today. If he does exist, then he probably isn't available to us atm.

1 trequartista

1 mezz'ala

...and we will be great again. We have so many old players, though. This is the last year on top for a lot of them. Galliani owes it to them to make an assault on the champion's league with an excellent January transfer market.
PinePHresh
PinePHresh
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:45 pm

eriksen,hazard,lucas,hamsik...i can think in quite a few names
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by celikmilan Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:49 pm

Bonera OUT. Seedorf OUT. Ambrosini OUT. Emanuelson OUT. Zambrotta OUT. And why not say Allegri out. Last season we surprised everybody and this season with the same players we CANT win Scudeto again. we have many injured players but that cant be excuse for playing like this. We lose to Juventus who have great motivation for this season but we played horrible all 5 games. Only win was against Cesena and that was by a single goal and we were lucky in that game. We need a change ASAP.
celikmilan
celikmilan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Dim123 Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:50 pm

I truly believe we were after Hamsik and he wanted to come. Napoli didnt want to sell and things just went downhill from there, hence why we ended up with no one worth noting.
Dim123
Dim123
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by PinePHresh Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:06 pm

How can anybody want Seedorf gone? Don't you realize what a force he is when rested? Who should be playing ahead of him if he is not worthy? He has been dead tired for the last three games and still managed to win it for us vs Cesena.

PinePHresh
PinePHresh
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by c_bernard10 Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:11 pm

PinePHresh wrote:How can anybody want Seedorf gone? Don't you realize what a force he is when rested? Who should be playing ahead of him if he is not worthy? He has been dead tired for the last three games and still managed to win it for us vs Cesena.

We all know that Seedorf is a great player, but he just can't keep up with the pace. Allegri has made a few mistakes by starting him in all of our games. We don't have an adequate replacement but he is risking the possibility of spoiling Seedorf for the rest of the season.

c_bernard10
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:24 pm

I'm actually okay with the result
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by PinePHresh Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:36 pm

BiasedMilanFan3 wrote:I'm actually okay with the result

but we lost... I can't take a loss well... if it had been a draw I would have been satisfied considering how tired and injury stricken the midfield is.
PinePHresh
PinePHresh
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by uzonero Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:40 pm

PinePHresh wrote:

but we lost... I can't take a loss well... if it had been a draw I would have been satisfied considering how tired and injury stricken the midfield is.
the performance was even worse than the result
uzonero
uzonero
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:43 pm

TH we are I am not OK with it we scould have gotten a btter result, but form the way things went we stole a 2-0 lose today from Juve.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:21 am

This would've been a 0-0 draw if not for Bonera moving to CB. We have such great depth in our squad, yet so many injuries. Why?!!!
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:26 am

Bonera moving to CB was suicide.

I can forgive Allegri everything except that glaring error in judgment. Ibra at CB would have been miles better. Bonera was at fault for the first goal, and he should not play again.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:34 am

Abbiati was at fault for the 2nd. What a shocker. I want a new keeper for next season, Abbiati's clangers are becoming too frequent for my liking, even though the majority of his goalkeeping is great.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Chagur Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:46 am

I'm not gonna fall in into these knee-jerk reactions.(we can always find a new scapegoat)
Terrible night, game and result altogether
It was a shameful performance, disgrace.

The players were absolutely outplayed, were late for almost every ball. Half of serie A teams would have beaten Milan tonight.
Nothing more nothing less.
I'm happy it's finally an international break.
Juventus vs Milan - Post Match Analysis - Jjjjyt
Juventus vs Milan - Post Match Analysis - Uuuov

Chagur
Chagur
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down