Whats wengers thinking behind selling Clichy ?

+17
jback2
SamuelJayC
Iceman
BeautifulGame
bloodless
usman111
Raptorgunner
SUPERCARTTS
Jamin
El Gunner
Sushi Master
ahsanasif
Jay29
Sri
Ali
jayp
RealGunner
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Whats wengers thinking behind selling Clichy ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Whats wengers thinking behind selling Clichy ?

Post by jback2 Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:49 pm

while we do need clichy, i would respect his wishes if he does want to leave.. one of the longest serving arsenal members and hasnt won a single trophy for years..

jback2
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Whats wengers thinking behind selling Clichy ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Whats wengers thinking behind selling Clichy ?

Post by Wilson37 Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:32 pm

Cant still get the exact reason.. Money or Trophies?.. If trophies are the reason.. Why he is linked to Liverpool?
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by jayp Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:28 pm

Wilson37 wrote:Cant still get the exact reason.. Money or Trophies?.. If trophies are the reason.. Why he is linked to Liverpool?

Makes no sense to me either Inter seems far more logical if it is for trophies....
jayp
jayp
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

http://twitter.com/#!/Jay_Peezzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Spider Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:53 pm

Jamin wrote:If Clichy is leaving i say we stick with Gibbs.

and against more physical teams like stoke we play vermaelen as LB.

No way man , we can't relay on specially Gibbs , He will play one / tow games then he will get injured for like half a century :s
Spider
Spider
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/#!/ma7moud_21

Back to top Go down

Post by abirking Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:58 am

I think clichy will leave. Like some of the posters above already mentioned he wants a new challenge and he feels he has a better chance to win trophies elsewhere.
Now for his replacement.
1.Gibbs. Is injury prone and will be a big gamble to make him the main LB.
2.Vermaelan. A big no. We cannot move our best CB to LB. PLus he is left footed so he can play the LCB position better.
For me we need to get a new LB.
Baines or enrique would be great. Cannot say about cisshoko.
abirking
abirking
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:55 pm

aparantly there are 2 bids for Clichy so far, and roma are leading the chase with 8m, however arsenal wants atleast 13m

a deal can be sorted out imo
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by abirking Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:35 pm

The 13 million is the seller rate. I think 8 to 9 million should be good for him as he is in the last year of his contract.
Although will roma be good enough for clichy's ambitions.
abirking
abirking
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by jback2 Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:57 am

we did get for something like 200-400k i think. might as well cash in while we still can? we do have gibbs, vermaelen and that pedro botelho lad

jback2
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by KMD Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:15 am

armand traore.....
KMD
KMD
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2