narbeZ
ErPupone
Patrick Bateman
13 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Derby della Capitale      Empty Derby della Capitale

Post by Patrick Bateman Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:08 am

Alright lads it's that time of the season again when we play our most hated rivals.

Both teams are coming into this game on the back of good results.Lazio winning away at Fiorentina a game which I watched and tbh they were pretty lucky to win Fiorentina were very wasteful in front of goal. Klose is the threat,we will definitely have to keep a close eye on him all he needs is one chance he's that clinical.

Us well spirits are high in the Roma camp after our win against Atalanta but we've yet to see how we will play against one of the bigger boys in Serie A and Lazio will be the perfect test for us.

We have won the last 5 derbies,an amazing record that I hope we keep going now lets go for derby win number 6. Cool
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Derby della Capitale      Empty Re: Derby della Capitale

Post by ErPupone Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:09 am

STUPID INTERNATIONAL BREAK!!!

So, still early for a real preview for this match. We still have some injuries to sort out, especially with Totti who I really hope could at least make it to the bench as I doubt he'll be fully fit (but who am I to cast doubts on our capitano, really).

All I could say now is that I think this match will seperate the men from the boys on our team, so to speak. The one's who are mentally strong and prepared will show up for this match, while others may crumble under the pressure of a full, deafening stadium and under the scrutiny of every Roma fan watching.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by narbeZ Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:53 am

I've watched all of Lazio's game this year. They play at a higher tempo then us. If we are not careful, I can see us getting killed on the counter attack.

Some of their players have impressed me. Stankevicius and Diakite both impressed me despite the draw with Palermo a couple weeks back.

I knew Klose would work out well with them, and so far he has proved just that, scoring timely goals in nearly all of their games so far.

I hope we play with Kjaer and Burdisso. I think you need to start Simplicio and Osvaldo for sure. I'm not sure if Bojan is ready for the derby just yet.

-------------------------Stek---------------------------------
Rosi--------------Kjaer---------Burdisso----------Heinze
Pjanic--------------------DDR---------------------Simplicio
Boriello-------------------Totti--------------------Osvaldo

If Totti's not fit, then personally I would think about trying the more Physical Borini in his role rather then Bojan..

I think Angel needs to sit this one out, I have a feeling hes not ready for this type of game just yet....

narbeZ
narbeZ
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:33 am

narbeZ wrote:I've watched all of Lazio's game this year. They play at a higher tempo then us. If we are not careful, I can see us getting killed on the counter attack.

Some of their players have impressed me. Stankevicius and Diakite both impressed me despite the draw with Palermo a couple weeks back.

I knew Klose would work out well with them, and so far he has proved just that, scoring timely goals in nearly all of their games so far.

I hope we play with Kjaer and Burdisso. I think you need to start Simplicio and Osvaldo for sure. I'm not sure if Bojan is ready for the derby just yet.

-------------------------Stek---------------------------------
Rosi--------------Kjaer---------Burdisso----------Heinze
Pjanic--------------------DDR---------------------Simplicio
Boriello-------------------Totti--------------------Osvaldo

If Totti's not fit, then personally I would think about trying the more Physical Borini in his role rather then Bojan..

I think Angel needs to sit this one out, I have a feeling hes not ready for this type of game just yet....

I wouldn't play Kjaer bro especially after his performance against Parma we can't risk going down to 10 men Kjaer is a bit of a hot head and this game being the derby I don't think we should take that risk.Like I say in the run up to every derby discipline is the key if we can keep that we have great chance of winning this game...

Bojan played very well against Atalanta I thought *caused them all sorts of problems*
I think he definitely deserves to start..

I hope we go with this..

-----------------------------------Stekelenburg----------------------------------
-------------------------Burdisso------------------------Heinze--------------------
---------------------------------------DDR-----------------------------------------
----Rosi--------------------------------------------------------------------Angel---
--------------------------Pjanic-------------------Simplicio-------------------------
--------------Borini-------------------Osvaldo---------------------Bojan------------

That's if Totti misses the game....
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:06 am

Will Lamela be ready?
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by schnix Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:12 pm

Kjaer shouldn't start against Lazio. they have Klose/Ciise who are good in the air, but Kjaer can't jump. or he can but he keeps mistiming them. it's happened so many times this season
schnix
schnix
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:37 pm

flameas wrote:Will Lamela be ready?

He's been training well at Trigoria, scoring goals and such.

Stands to reason that he'll be in contention for a place up front, but with Bojan finally breaking his duck and Osvaldo in great form as well as the undroppable Totti right now, he, Borini and Boriello have a tough, tough task of getting into the starting XI at this point.

McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:47 pm

If Totti can't make it, I would go with Bojan - Pjanic - Osvaldo. It would change nothing tactically; Pjanic would play where he did for the end of the match against Atalanta, in which he provided an assist for Simplicio.

Having a frontline composed of Borini, Bojan and Osvaldo (or Borriello anywhere in there) wouldn't work. We would really lack creativity and there wouldn't be enough space for all of them to play comfortably. They would have no service and wouldn't be able to get into those dangerous positions in the opposing box given the lack of a creative player at their shoulders.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:46 am

ErPupone wrote:If Totti can't make it, I would go with Bojan - Pjanic - Osvaldo. It would change nothing tactically; Pjanic would play where he did for the end of the match against Atalanta, in which he provided an assist for Simplicio.

Having a frontline composed of Borini, Bojan and Osvaldo (or Borriello anywhere in there) wouldn't work. We would really lack creativity and there wouldn't be enough space for all of them to play comfortably. They would have no service and wouldn't be able to get into those dangerous positions in the opposing box given the lack of a creative player at their shoulders.

Good idea Mike I could see that working very well.

Who do you think we should play in the center.Which would be the best midfield to go with in your opinon ?
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:51 am

Borini should take Totti's place
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:01 am

^^^^^ But Pjanic in Totti's position would offer us more creativity in the final 3rd.
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:10 am

The Fonz wrote:
ErPupone wrote:If Totti can't make it, I would go with Bojan - Pjanic - Osvaldo. It would change nothing tactically; Pjanic would play where he did for the end of the match against Atalanta, in which he provided an assist for Simplicio.

Who do you think we should play in the center.Which would be the best midfield to go with in your opinon ?

De Rossi in his usual position, along with Pizarro and Simplicio. We'll have all the creativity we need with De Rossi lyying deep, Pizarro through the middle and Pjanic in the final third. And Simplicio will be right at home in that three man midfield which I think he's very comfortable in; he's got the freedom to go up as he wants and has the energy to cover a lot of ground and to defend. So basically:

Lobont

Rosi ----- Burdisso ------ Heinze ----- Angel

--------------------De Rossi--------------------

--------Simplicio ----------- Pizarro-----------

--------------------Pjanic------------------------

--- Osvaldo --------------- Bojan------------

No tactical changes, just a couple of minor tweaks to deal with Totti's absence.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:16 am

ErPupone wrote:
The Fonz wrote:

De Rossi in his usual position, along with Pizarro and Simplicio. We'll have all the creativity we need with De Rossi lyying deep, Pizarro through the middle and Pjanic in the final third. And Simplicio will be right at home in that three man midfield which I think he's very comfortable in; he's got the freedom to go up as he wants and has the energy to cover a lot of ground and to defend. So basically:

Lobont

Rosi ----- Burdisso ------ Heinze ----- Angel

--------------------De Rossi--------------------

--------Simplicio ----------- Pizarro-----------

--------------------Pjanic------------------------

--- Osvaldo --------------- Bojan------------

No tactical changes, just a couple of minor tweaks to deal with Totti's absence.

Looks good.

I hope we have the same approach for this match like we did against Atalanta.Watching us last week there was more of a Spalletti feel to our play unlike in recent games,all the possession but doing nothing with it.

Also I think Stekelenburg might be back for this match so that is some good news..
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:24 am

I wouldn't rush Stekelenburg back into action. Head injuries have to be dealt with carefully. Unless he feels completely comfortable playing, then I wouldn't start him.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:57 pm

Friday 7 October, 2011
Totti hoping for derby recovery

Francesco Totti’s thigh strain is improving rapidly, but he still has a race against time to be ready for the Rome derby.

The Roma captain limped off during the 3-1 win over Atalanta and was diagnosed with a right thigh strain.

Tests at the Villa Stuart clinic on Thursday showed the lesion has reduced by 50 per cent already, so faster than predicted, but it remains to be seen if he can fully recover to face Lazio next Sunday evening.

Giallorossi medical staff hope to see further improvement over the weekend before performing new tests on Monday.

Meanwhile, Roma should have goalkeeper Maarten Stekelenburg back for the first time since he was knocked unconscious by Inter defender Lucio.

The Dutch international tried going back to training this week, but developed a headache as time wore on.

Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:31 am

Did you guys see the U21 game? Borini... uff... :facepalm:

Bah, we all have our bad games, he will learn from it.

I hope to see

----Bojan-------Lamela-----
---------Osvaldo-------------
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:07 am

Nah, we can't throw in Lamela right away in the derby. First of all he isn't even fully fit yet. Second of all, it's kind of a lack of respect towards the other guys who have been working quite hard and who all have the desire to take part in this match. Lamela hasn't even put on a Roma jersey yet, so we can't just start him in our biggest match of the year. Putting him in as a sub, that's a possibility. But from the start, it's a risk not worth taking because we have other options.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sukrut23 Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:37 pm

Saw the Bosnia game yesterday and Pjanic scored a stunner a f****** stunner. So if Totti cant make it then Pjanic in Totti's position should be a strong possibility.

Kjaer should play.. playing Heinze against Hernanez and Cisse when Kjaer is available would be a crime because Heinze has lost his legs and is certain to run out of gas in the latter period of the second half.
sukrut23
sukrut23
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:16 pm

Totti out of the derby. He's been working in the pool for his rehabilitation process and will start training in the gym later on this week.

Lamela might take part as it seems he's finally fit enough to play.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:50 pm

Lamela fit enough to play?! Sweeeeeet.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by schnix Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:04 pm

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/11102011/2/injured-totti-miss-sunday-rome-derby.html

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3276/serie-a/2011/10/11/2706972/roma-confirm-francesco-totti-will-miss-derby-against-lazio

nooooooooooooooooo.......
schnix
schnix
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:38 pm

Disappointed of course that Totti won't be able to take part in the match that he lives for. But I guess we have to look at the bright side, this will give our new guys, like Pjanic, the chance to step up.

Klose is also a doubt for the match, which is definitely a plus for us.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by schnix Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:15 pm

totti >>> klose
schnix
schnix
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:53 pm

schnix wrote:totti >>> klose

Obviously lol. But we do have more depth up front than Lazio imo, so that loss will hurt them just as much as ours.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:19 am

----------------------------------Stekelenburg----------------------------------
-----------------------Burdisso----------------------Kjaer/Heinze-------------------
--------------------------------------DDR------------------------------------------
Rosi--------------------------------------------------------------------------Angel
-----------------------Simplicio/Pizarro------------------Perrotta------------------
-------------------------------------Pjanic-----------------------------------------
----------------------Osvaldo----------------------Bojan---------------------------

I heard Kjaer had a good game against Portugal that's why i've thrown him in there..So now I'm not 100% sure with who I'd like to see start in that CB position...

Pjanic to play in Totti's position....

Don't have a clue where Lamela will play ... scratch

Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down