Funny but true. (A rant worth listening to)

+12
Swanhends
Messi
TalkingReckless
BarrileteCosmico
jibers
Sir Psycho
Adit
Lord Spencer
Raptorgunner
JAY-Z
Ali
Senor Penguin
16 posters

Go down

Funny but true. (A rant worth listening to) Empty Funny but true. (A rant worth listening to)

Post by Guest Wed 5 Oct - 18:37:14

'

Back to top Go down

Funny but true. (A rant worth listening to) Empty Re: Funny but true. (A rant worth listening to)

Post by Senor Penguin Wed 5 Oct - 18:44:17

I lol'd. Did he explode at the end? :[

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Funny but true. (A rant worth listening to) Empty Re: Funny but true. (A rant worth listening to)

Post by Ali Wed 5 Oct - 20:02:17

TetraHydroC 10 wrote:'

lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo this guy is CLASS
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by JAY-Z Wed 5 Oct - 20:07:00

This is so TRUE, *bleep* TRUE!

JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed 5 Oct - 20:07:38

I was listing to this the other day, This man is the truth. :bow: :bow:

Is there any chance of him joining us on goallegacy.com :king:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Wed 5 Oct - 21:01:33

Priceless
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Wed 5 Oct - 21:07:57

Retarded extremist..

Reminds me of arlington movie Laughing
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Wed 5 Oct - 21:18:56

Adit wrote:Retarded extremist..

Reminds me of arlington movie Laughing

I don't see how he is a "retarded extremist", nothing he said had anu indication of being mentally retarded, or of being in any extreme nature.

I frankly have no idea how he comes off as being a "Retarded extremist", care to explain.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 5 Oct - 22:21:24

He's a comedian, you're missing the point Adit.

Let's be clear on a couple of points. #1 I'm a comedian and this video is exaggerated to be funny. #2 I didn't blame/bash Obama. I asked of the current president to balance the budget. I am aware that the debt ceiling has been raised many times (more times during the Reagan Era than any since)...it doesn't change the need for fiscal responsibility. And since we can't CHANGE the past...who is responsible for fixing it going forward? I say it's the current administration.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Psycho Wed 5 Oct - 22:24:07

This guy is pinpoint.

Real Talk.
Sir Psycho
Sir Psycho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Funny but true. (A rant worth listening to) Empty The truth about AMerica.....

Post by jibers Wed 5 Oct - 23:34:04

jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed 5 Oct - 23:49:44

Yeah, you do that and welcome the recession. (Not that it's not coming anyway, but balancing the deficit would be an incredibly wrong step in that direction).

Also, some other fun facts: If the US were at it's potential output the deficit would only be at 1/3 of its current side. What this means is that achieving recovery is a far better means to reduce the deficit than austerity.

Another fun fact: The US can balance the budget by simply doing nothing. I don't have the specific argument in hand, but the theory goes along the hands of allowing the Bush tax cuts to just run out at the due time rather than expanding them (as Republicans propose) would raise enough revenue balance it, as well as other factors such as this one.

The focus should be on output and unemployment, not deficit reduction.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Wed 5 Oct - 23:58:00

TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu 6 Oct - 0:02:56

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Yeah, you do that and welcome the recession. (Not that it's not coming anyway, but balancing the deficit would be an incredibly wrong step in that direction).

Also, some other fun facts: If the US were at it's potential output the deficit would only be at 1/3 of its current side. What this means is that achieving recovery is a far better means to reduce the deficit than austerity.

Another fun fact: The US can balance the budget by simply doing nothing. I don't have the specific argument in hand, but the theory goes along the hands of allowing the Bush tax cuts to just run out at the due time rather than expanding them (as Republicans propose) would raise enough revenue balance it, as well as other factors such as this one.

The focus should be on output and unemployment, not deficit reduction.

The problem is consumer confidence and investors. The dollar became so weak this summer because all the invesator where putting all their assets in the safe havens such as gold, yin and suisse francs. Plus CHina is holding so much of Americas debt it's scary, The US should have defaulted tbh. They are never ever going to be able to repay it back tbh. Most countries have such high deficit ceilings that the likelyhood of reaching them is zero. But the USa being above us all and arrogant didn't feel the need to. Consumers have no money to spend and how would the government create jobs? The people that make the economy go around don't want to invest. Fiscal and monetary policies can only do so much in the face of a free market. It is the market that is deciding where the money flows.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Messi Thu 6 Oct - 0:07:32

Is he calling Barack Obama "B", He does know Obama had nothing to do with that debt?
Messi
Messi
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Thu 6 Oct - 1:37:13

austerity measures :facepalm:

learn to economics please.
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Yukuv Thu 6 Oct - 2:05:12

I dont think the debt is as big an issue as people make it out to be, but yeah the next step should be structural change (fiscal & monetary stimulus if we het recession in the next two quarters). Nothing will get us out of this except structural change.

Heres another video you might enjoy jibers

Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 6 Oct - 5:42:40

Keep in mind this guy is a comedian.

(His response to comments on his video)
Let's be clear on a couple of points. #1 I'm a comedian and this video is exaggerated to be funny. #2 I didn't blame/bash Obama. I asked of the current president to balance the budget. I am aware that the debt ceiling has been raised many times (more times during the Reagan Era than any since)...it doesn't change the need for fiscal responsibility. And since we can't CHANGE the past...who is responsible for fixing it going forward? I say it's the current administration.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 6 Oct - 15:03:36

Messi wrote:Is he calling Barack Obama "B", He does know Obama had nothing to do with that debt?

Are you sure you're from New York? "B" is just a term that's used round these parts, e.g., What's good B, how is life treating you? That was directed at Obama.

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri 7 Oct - 8:12:59

jibers wrote:The problem is consumer confidence and investors. The dollar became so weak this summer because all the invesator where putting all their assets in the safe havens such as gold, yin and suisse francs. Plus CHina is holding so much of Americas debt it's scary, The US should have defaulted tbh. They are never ever going to be able to repay it back tbh. Most countries have such high deficit ceilings that the likelyhood of reaching them is zero. But the USa being above us all and arrogant didn't feel the need to. Consumers have no money to spend and how would the government create jobs? The people that make the economy go around don't want to invest. Fiscal and monetary policies can only do so much in the face of a free market. It is the market that is deciding where the money flows.
While consumer confidence is certainly a problem, it is not the main one. The main one is uncertainty created by economically stupid politicians. If the US goes back into a recession it will be the republicans fault for obstructing economic reform in an incredibly fragile time. Investors recognize this and as a result move their assets to liquid ones, which translates to government bonds. In fact, since the US devaluation government bonds have still gone down, which indicates that investors still believe the US treasurys to be the safest place for their money.

To suggest that the US will never repay their debt is ludicrous. The probability of default is near none. You only need to look at the debt to GDP ratio. I don't have the numbers at hand (I believe it's at about 100-200%), but they have plenty of room available. The only countries in serious risk of default such as Greece have about 800%. The issue is overplayed.

I largely agree with the last part of your assessment.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri 7 Oct - 8:36:04

Balance the *bleep* checkbook, B.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Fri 7 Oct - 8:47:58

And down here in Australia, it looks like we're going to vote in the Opposition because we have debt in the low 20% of GDP ==
Very efficient scaremongering.

Greece is only 150%ish :L
America is just under 100%.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri 7 Oct - 19:32:25

Epicly Brilliant. I love black people.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down