Babun
BarrileteCosmico
Giovanni10
McAgger
Lord Spencer
chinomaster182
10 posters

Go down

19 of the best values in offensive players Empty 19 of the best values in offensive players

Post by chinomaster182 Wed 19 Oct 2011 - 9:02

Here are 19 of the best offensive values in players in the best 5 European Leagues i found. I choose these players on two points:
1.- They fly under the radar (mostly)
2.- They're good

Without further ado:
19 of the best values in offensive players Value2

*Market Value is a projection based on transfermarkt.de calculations

Here are some of their stats for the 2010/2011 season including prices:
Link since the forums resizes images Sad
19 of the best values in offensive players Value1.th
https://2img.net/r/ihimg/photo/my-images/846/value1.jpg/

*Salaries are hard stats to find, for all of these i gave an estimated guess based on the size of the teams wage bill and compared it to others in which information is available (Serie A teams) and compared them on similar sized wage bills and the percieved importance each player has in their respective teams.

Points = Goals + Assists
All stats gathered from transfermarkt.de and Gazzeta Dello Sport. All figures in Euros.

I believe all of the names there are interesting, but maybe Moussa Sow wins the prize for best value in all Europe. It seems many teams agree with me since rumors on his imminent transfer are buzzing around.

What do you think of my list? Do you find a player of significant value there?

Last edited by chinomaster182 on Wed 19 Oct 2011 - 9:11; edited 2 times in total
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

19 of the best values in offensive players Empty Re: 19 of the best values in offensive players

Post by Lord Spencer Wed 19 Oct 2011 - 9:08

Of all of those player, I only saw Floro Flores and Lewondawski in action. And I only saw enough of Floro Flores to judge accurately.

He was great two seasons ago, but his star faded last season and is now a second choice striker instead of a striker. He is good when on form, but hi is to inconsitant for him to be considered a good player. Not to mention he is too old for there to be any potential in him.

Pretty much the finished article, and not a very good one at all.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

19 of the best values in offensive players Empty Re: 19 of the best values in offensive players

Post by chinomaster182 Wed 19 Oct 2011 - 9:10

I should also mention many of these players are old and you won't find them on Arsenal. But many poor teams (the majority) should take a look at them since they might be fading but still have a lot to give.

Think Di Natale and Zanetti, old but they still keep on giving.
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Wed 19 Oct 2011 - 9:13

chinomaster182 wrote:I should also mention many of these players are old and you won't find them on Arsenal. But many poor teams (the majority) should take a look at them since they might be fading but still have a lot to give.

Think Di Natale and Zanetti, old but they still keep on giving.

Because they are great players, some of these are not.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by chinomaster182 Wed 19 Oct 2011 - 9:18

Well i picked two of the best old players around, more than awesome players i think they're awesome values.

Flores could be had for less than 10m Euros and can contribute around 21 "points" in 2000 minutes (less than 45 minutes in every game) a season. Don't you think a team like say Aston Villa might be interested?

To put a comparison, Javier Hernandez put in 20 "points" last season in around 2500 minutes more or less for his team, he cost around 7m and everyone thinks he was an awesome value. Granted he's a younger player but you can see my point.

Last edited by chinomaster182 on Wed 19 Oct 2011 - 9:22; edited 1 time in total
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed 19 Oct 2011 - 9:21

Grosskreutz, Sow, Papiss Cisse, and Payet are the real deal from the list
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Wed 19 Oct 2011 - 9:28

chinomaster182 wrote:Well i picked two of the best old players around, more than awesome players i think they're awesome values.

Flores could be had for less than 10m Euros and can contribute around 21 "points" in 2000 minutes (less than 45 minutes in every game) a season. Don't you think a team like say Aston Villa might be interested?

To put a comparison, Javier Hernandez put in 20 "points" last season in around 2500 minutes more or less for his team, he cost around 7m and everyone thinks he was an awesome value. Granted he's a younger player but you can see my point.

But the season where these values are from is the fluke season.

I think he would not make any contribution like that, and I watched the guy for a long time with Udin.

I completely understand your point, but the danger in these deals are that some of those players had fluke seasons and it was not as much ability as form.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by chinomaster182 Wed 19 Oct 2011 - 9:35

Lord Spencer wrote:
chinomaster182 wrote:Well i picked two of the best old players around, more than awesome players i think they're awesome values.

But the season where these values are from is the fluke season.

I think he would not make any contribution like that, and I watched the guy for a long time with Udin.

I completely understand your point, but the danger in these deals are that some of those players had fluke seasons and it was not as much ability as form.

You're right on your points, although you never know until a player actually moves over. Again a case like Hernandez where he was all over the place in Chivas, bad at first, great at last, moved when he was in form.
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Wed 19 Oct 2011 - 9:40

Form is very important.

I am sure there will be a psychological component in coaching in the future to control it.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanni10 Wed 19 Oct 2011 - 9:42

I would totally pay 8.5mil for Mevlut Erding, can you say bargain!?
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

http://newsfromthelogcabin.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by chinomaster182 Wed 19 Oct 2011 - 21:16

I think PSG agree since they gave him a good long term deal, although he's at the bottom of my list...
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by chinomaster182 Thu 20 Oct 2011 - 10:12

No one else? Sad
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu 20 Oct 2011 - 19:24

Great work and compilation man!
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu 20 Oct 2011 - 19:31

From that list, Novakovic is the real deal Very Happy Him and Godolski keep FC Köln in 1. Bundesliga pretty much Very Happy
The others are either too old or too expensive. For example, Novakovic isn't worse than Cissé but costs 10m less eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nature Boy Thu 20 Oct 2011 - 19:38

yeah nice work putting this together.

Nice mention of Sergio Pellissier, a player that should have found a spot in a CL team a long time ago. He plays for Chievo and has single handedly saved them form relegation by taking the scalps of a few big boys in his hey-day. Played 1 game (?) for the Nazionale, scored 2 goals, and was never called again. When I think of him, I wonder what he ever did to anyone to not get called, while the Iaquintas of the world were 'fixed' in the team...

smh
The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Thu 20 Oct 2011 - 22:00

Messiakanino wrote:Grosskreutz, Sow, Papiss Cisse, and Payet are the real deal from the list

+100000
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu 20 Oct 2011 - 22:12

Mevlut Erding? lol, that's a fail
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu 20 Oct 2011 - 22:13

Wolfswinkle
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by chinomaster182 Thu 20 Oct 2011 - 23:09

Thats an interesting name ill look into it. Thanking everyone for the comments.
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down