stevieg8
Nishankly
32 posters

Page 12 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

January Transfer Window 2012 - Page 12 Empty Re: January Transfer Window 2012

Post by iftikhar Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:51 pm

RedOranje wrote:
ynwa wrote:Don't really need a DM. We can easily play Spearing in Leiva's absence.

We only rested Spearing for Manc City, like we did with Agger.

A forward is what we need. 7 or 8 draws at home this season. January Transfer Window 2012 - Page 12 1625187496
Spearing was injured and rested because of it... what happens if/when he picks up a more serious injury in February? Do we play Carra in that role again? Leave the covering to Adam? Hope that Aurelio can get in more than two games before doing his hamstring again? None of those are viable options.

And again, you fail to recognise that a defensive midfielder can actually improve an attack.

also, we have been playing with some sort of DM for a long time now. If I recall correctly, Gerrard started as an ball-wining CM, then we had Didi even Alonso had commendable ball-winning abilities which was over-shawdowed by his wide range of stupendus passing skills.

Most importantly, SG, CA or JH are attack-minded players who need a launching platform.

iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:09 pm

Nishank wrote:
RedOranje wrote:
Having a solid DM allows Gerrard & Henderson/Adam to get forward, confident that the DM will cover his space. Having a solid DM improves attach... as contrary as that seems.

Song is a decent example of this, Right?
Though Lucas is the best.

Song? I can't even call him a DM considering his poor discipline and positioning always leaves Arsenal open for the counterattack with his zealous tendency to attack all to much. A victim of his complete lack of discipline is Arteta who plays the DLP and has to cover up for Song's frequent venture forwards.

What Red is saying is how a DM can improves us not only through whatever ball playing skills he may have, but primarily the fact that our offensive mids can actually go in and attack without worrying who is anchoring the midfield. A DM essentially will give the midfield the support it needs and conviction to go forward and attack unlike what happened against Stoke. Another thing? The DM can win balls for us to stop opposing attack and essentially feed our midfield, thus increasing the frequency of the attacks themselves rather than having to see the fat piece of Prosciuto Charlie Adam do his attempt at defending, or Stevie G to worry about tracking back along with anyone else whose job it is to only attack

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:03 pm

Arquitecto wrote:
Nishank wrote:
RedOranje wrote:
Having a solid DM allows Gerrard & Henderson/Adam to get forward, confident that the DM will cover his space. Having a solid DM improves attach... as contrary as that seems.

Song is a decent example of this, Right?
Though Lucas is the best.

Song? I can't even call him a DM considering his poor discipline and positioning always leaves Arsenal open for the counterattack with his zealous tendency to attack all to much. A victim of his complete lack of discipline is Arteta who plays the DLP and has to cover up for Song's frequent venture forwards.

What Red is saying is how a DM can improves us not only through whatever ball playing skills he may have, but primarily the fact that our offensive mids can actually go in and attack without worrying who is anchoring the midfield. A DM essentially will give the midfield the support it needs and conviction to go forward and attack unlike what happened against Stoke. Another thing? The DM can win balls for us to stop opposing attack and essentially feed our midfield, thus increasing the frequency of the attacks themselves rather than having to see the fat piece of Prosciuto Charlie Adam do his attempt at defending, or Stevie G to worry about tracking back along with anyone else whose job it is to only attack

Arsenal fans have been telling me he is a DM, But now he plays CM, More attacking role even though he does intercept and break up plays, So i thought he was a good example.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:06 pm

PS, I haven't seen many games other than ours, Tough year for me this [studies].
So it was a merely a question [ based on sources] too get a clearer picture of what Red is saying.

But thanks, I understand now.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:14 pm

RedOranje wrote:
ynwa wrote:Don't really need a DM. We can easily play Spearing in Leiva's absence.

We only rested Spearing for Manc City, like we did with Agger.

A forward is what we need. 7 or 8 draws at home this season. January Transfer Window 2012 - Page 12 1625187496
Spearing was injured and rested because of it... what happens if/when he picks up a more serious injury in February? Do we play Carra in that role again? Leave the covering to Adam? Hope that Aurelio can get in more than two games before doing his hamstring again? None of those are viable options.

And again, you fail to recognise that a defensive midfielder can actually improve an attack.

I totally agree that a DM can improve an attack, and is important to us right now, but I'd like to point out that our current issues of being unable to find the net started well before Lucas went down. Even when we had a DM in the squad (and one who was much better than whoever we most likely end up signing), we were still having serious trouble scoring goals. I think a DM is an important signing to make this window because of Lucas's injury, but I think a striker to finish off our attacks up front is more crucial, solely for that point. Adding a DM will NOT fix the problems were having - we've seen that tactic already this season.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:19 pm

Nishank wrote:PS, I haven't seen many games other than ours, Tough year for me this [studies].
So it was a merely a question [ based on sources] too get a clearer picture of what Red is saying.

But thanks, I understand now.

I was merely adding perspective but as for your studies, I've heard about your rigorous schedule and wish you the best on that.

Song? Technically he is Arsenal's DM but most of the time I see him venturing forward and attempting to playmake, thus leaving them exposed.

I don't know whether Wenger has even spotted this or not, as my guess is Wenger wants him to play DM yet also utilize his impressive skill in attack.

IMO its not the wisest choice as Song essentially is then a box to box mid who is merely just above average rather than being a WC DM that he can be if he has discipline.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:18 pm

DM? Heeeell naw!

Go and buy Hoillett and call it a day.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:25 am

Art Morte wrote:DM? Heeeell naw!

Go and buy Hoillett and call it a day.

Let's buy

1. A RW (Hoillette)

what are options at wide-areas!!! Downing (not performing)! Kuyt (old)!! Maxi (old & will be leaving)!!!

2. A DM

what are options!!! SPEARING, that's it. When Lucas returns, he can move-in as CM. Both Adam (good enough for a squad player) & Shelvey (too young) are AM while Henderson (still pretty young) is the only CM we have.

3. A ST (Jovetic!!!)

what are our options!!! Suarez, Carroll (not performing) & Kuyt (old). Frankly, if Kuyt & Maxi (with all those WC between them) can accept a bench role, so should Carroll.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by JAY-Z Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:35 pm

Jovetic would work miracles for you guys : )
JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:18 pm

Jovetic is my dream signing this window as i explained a couple of pages back
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:09 pm

I'm actually hoping for Moussa Sow, especially since he seems to want to play for LFC.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/7435939/Sow-targets-Liverpool-move

Moreover, Lille have apparently just signed Nolan Roux (not sure if it's been officially announced) another striker from Stade Brest.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/17012012/58/ligue-1-brest-striker-roux-join-lille.html

This probably means that someone is leaving Lille. considering that Roux is an outright striker, I can't see him being brought in to replace Hazzard, but I suppose I could be wrong. I'm hoping that it is in anticipation of Sow's departure. That is certainly the prevalent rumor at the moment. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:31 am

Isnt Jovetic the guy Rafa tried to sign but couldnt due to lack of funds.

I tought he is a winger not a striker.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:22 am

RedOranje wrote:

Carragher hasn't played that role in 10 years. Gerrard can easily play there IF there's a massive injury to Spearing. There's about a 100 to 1 chance of that happening.

I never said that a defensive midfielder cannot improve our attack. Leiva's role is how we tick. He dictates how we play. Luckily enough, Spearing is good enough to fill that role. A destroyer type (the only ones we've been linked to) won't help us unless we change how we play like we did with Rafa.

Kenny has said if he'd bring anyone in, it'd be one player tops. Striker > DM for me.

BeautifulGame wrote:Isnt Jovetic the guy Rafa tried to sign but couldnt due to lack of funds.

I tought he is a winger not a striker.

Can play anywhere upfront.

If we sign him, we'll fight for the title next season. No chance of us signing him in January though. He's basically Fiorentina right now.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:21 pm

Teixeira, who has just turned 19, is set to sign on at Merseyside for a deal worth up to just £850,000, according to a Portuguese newspaper
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:01 pm

Guardian has confirmed the Teixeira signing.He was one of those Sporting Lisbon youngsters who impressed in youth CL apparently.

Honestly i thought all of those SP who played U-19 CL looked quality and seemed head and shoulders above our youngsters.Not sure which position he played though.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danielagger98 Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:45 pm

I hate Spearing more than Lucas. He has got nothing. All he does during the games is wave his hand like a cheerleader. And when he gets the ball he makes a short pass to the next guy.
Shelvey or Hendo any day in the middle ahead of them. I know I am supposed to support all players, but I cannot take mediocre players playing for Liverpool.

danielagger98
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:49 pm

danielagger98 wrote:I hate Spearing more than Lucas. He has got nothing. All he does during the games is wave his hand like a cheerleader. And when he gets the ball he makes a short pass to the next guy.
Shelvey or Hendo any day in the middle ahead of them. I know I am supposed to support all players, but I cannot take mediocre players playing for Liverpool.

:facepalm:

OT: The teixera signing is something that intrigues me as I'm eager to find out how he can come useful to Liverpool one day.

I echo BG's thoughts on how we probably scouted him from the U-19 games in which Sporting were one of the more impressive ones.

The part where it says Deco play is even more interesting as rarely you find youth in that mold as I'm sure he must be something special.

Plus, we do need a player in the 'Deco' mold soon enough.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:59 pm

danielagger98 wrote:I hate Spearing more than Lucas. He has got nothing. All he does during the games is wave his hand like a cheerleader. And when he gets the ball he makes a short pass to the next guy.

You hate Lucas ?

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:29 pm

Sepi wrote:

You hate Lucas ?

new formation, sepi: 2-0-8. anyone who's not a cam or a st shouldn't play.

welcome to the forum though, danielagger, good to have another pool fan
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:29 am

Liverpool technical manager Jose Segura is believed to have spotted the youngster from a Sporting academy which has boasted the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo, Nani and Luis Figo.

Get the f*ck in!!! Very Happy
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danielagger98 Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:35 am

I do. I would rather opt for a offensive mid fielder than a defensive one. SO Shelvey, Adam, Hendo can do a better job than Lucas and Spearing.

danielagger98
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:48 am

You're 13?
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:57 am

danielagger98 wrote:I do. I would rather opt for a offensive mid fielder than a defensive one. SO Shelvey, Adam, Hendo can do a better job than Lucas and Spearing.

Lol. How long have you been watching football, let alone Liverpool to not understand the necessity of a defensive midfielder in our setup?

And stats don't lie for the most part. None of those mentioned could do what Lucas does.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:01 am

He may be young pool.

Has 98 in his name. Not sure if that's supposed to be 1998 or just his favourite number. :\
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:09 am

IMO danielagger98, you should see our performances in second half vs City that we played WITHOUT A DM.....and compare it with 3 halves that we did WITH A DM and see how much better we were with a DM and how much more control we had.

Same goes for the game vs Stoke, as it was IMO, our worst game of the season

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:16 am

We're apparently in for Texeira. Uruguayan playing in the Eredivisie.

Similiar name to the Portuguese Teixeira. LFC trying to troll us all. :bow:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next