Mr Nick09
The Madrid One
dostoevsky
BarrileteCosmico
Great Leader Sprucenuce
15 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Coloccini close to signing new Contract  Empty Coloccini close to signing new Contract

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:10 am

Fabricio Coloccini is close to signing a new four-year deal at Newcastle – and has ordered his team-mates not to cut off his trademark mop of curly hair in celebration.

The Argentine is finalising the details of a new contract to cap a fine start to his first season as Magpies captain.

As he prepared to face Wigan at St James’ Park, aiming to maintain Newcastle’s unbeaten start to the season, Coloccini reflected on his “rollercoaster” career on Tyneside.

It started with the shock of adapting English football and continued with relegation to the Championship - and an accompanying plunge in his confidence.

But that has been gradually rebuilt and Coloccini, signed for £12 million from Spain's Deportivo La Coruna, is now one the classiest defenders in the Premier League.

His play and his barnet have helped him become such a cult hero in the north-east, there's even a terrace song in which fans offer him sex with their wives.

“That is all good fun and makes me laugh," said Coloccini. "I will never cut off my hair.

"I had it short for a brief period in 2000, when I was with AC Milan. But I’m not going back to that, it was a one-off, a story that I hope won’t be repeated at Newcastle!

“When I was there, the older players would often say to me, ‘Come on! Cut your hair, cut your hair!’

“At one stage, Paolo Maldini and Alessandro Costacurta cut it for me - straight off with scissors.

"I don’t think any of my current team-mates would do the same to me now! I will remind them I am captain!

“A lot of South American players go for the long-hair look. It’s just the fashion in Buenos Aires.

"I know that in the past a lot of people in England had a haircut like mine! The Beatles, as well.”

Coloccini can now recount, from a position of strength, his difficult start with Newcastle, which included Kevin Keegan’s departure, the brief Joe Kinnear era, being dropped by Alan Shearer and relegation.

“When I came in the first year, times were tough, now it’s one of the best given the start we’ve had," he said.

“When I came here, I didn’t know what English football was like. Every player who comes to England maybe needs six months to a year to get to know the league. The first year, I had a few problems because Spanish football is so different.

“When we went down - a terrible experience - there were some offers to leave, but I wanted to help rebuild and the Championship was a good experience for me. I played, got confidence.”

Coloccini is now the leader of the pack and helping to ensure a focused dressing room spirit, with no egos.

He added: “There have been a lot of changes. The character is different.

"Last year maybe when we conceded the first goal it was difficult to respond. Now, if that happens we keep trying, keep that winning mentality, one which might have been missing last year.

“I think this season is like building a house. First you have to put the foundations in place.

"We have to first get to 43-44 points, and when we’ve done this, we can start thinking about other things. Hopefully with the good start the foundations are in place this season.”

Coloccini it settled in Newcastle with his wife and two young children and hopes to pen his new deal in the next couple of weeks.

Not surprisingly, Toon manager Alan Pardew, who surprised many by naming him captain after Kevin Nolan was sold to West Ham in the summer, has warm words for the Argentine.

“He’s a Rolls-Royce player - and a Rolls-Royce person too," said Pardew. “He’s a really nice fella.

"I’d seen him play internationally a few times and a few times for Newcastle before I came here, but you never appreciate what sort of player they are until you have spent three weeks with them on the training ground.

“I was pleasantly surprised at what a hard-working, disciplined footballer he was.

"This year he has been outstanding. I would definitely say he has been our best player up until this period.

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Newcastle-Fabricio-Coloccini-says-his-trademark-curly-mop-will-never-get-cut-off-article817456.html#ixzz1bTMU4ENy

banana banana banana banana banana banana
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Coloccini close to signing new Contract  Empty Re: Coloccini close to signing new Contract

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:16 am

Nooooo! Come to Barca!
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Coloccini close to signing new Contract  Empty Re: Coloccini close to signing new Contract

Post by dostoevsky Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:17 am

Coloccini's hair was cut once by Maldini.

When Newcastle win the league, the new Maldini is going to humble him again.

banana
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:19 am

looks like u enjoy making threads now mole...
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:20 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Nooooo! Come to Barca!

The right decision has been made banana

The new Maldini realises that El Capitan Colo is nothing without his awesome locks so chooses not to humble him, just one of the many improvements from the Old Maldini :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:22 am

Poor guy, giving his prime years away to the magpies, specially when Sunderland is right next door.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:23 am

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:Poor guy, giving his prime years away to the magpies, specially when Sunderland is right next door.

You know theres a reason they have only beaten us once in thier own stadium in 31 years banana
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:26 am

Immaculate_Mole wrote:The new Maldini realises that El Capitan Colo is nothing without his awesome locks so chooses not to humble him, just one of the many improvements from the Old Maldini :coffee:

New Maldini doesn't need anyone else in the backline :coffee:

But his hair grows back instantly anyway banana
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:26 am

He's basically Puyol, just that fit, he has Barca DNA Sad
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:26 am

dostoevsky wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:The new Maldini realises that El Capitan Colo is nothing without his awesome locks so chooses not to humble him, just one of the many improvements from the Old Maldini :coffee:

New Maldini doesn't need anyone else in the backline :coffee:

But his hair grows back instantly anyway banana

He's like an improved version of Samson :coffee:
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:30 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:He's basically Puyol, just that fit, he has Barca DNA Sad

banana

People need to stand up to the DNA noobs, iam glad King Colo has refused Dr.Hernandez DNA jab, he wants to win things without cheating with HGH banana
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:32 am

You got it all wrong. The best sportsmen, ie those that represent a higher percentage of the Podoslki genome, naturally produce obscenely high levels of HGH. Messi is just a cheat that did it through unnatural means, that *bleep* midget :coffee:
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:34 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:You got it all wrong. The best sportsmen, ie those that represent a higher percentage of the Podoslki genome, naturally produce obscenely high levels of HGH. Messi is just a cheat that did it through unnatural means, that *bleep* midget :coffee:

This must mean according to my sig that Coloccini produces obscenely high levels of HGH, who knew ? :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:35 am

I did :coffee:
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shinigami99 Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:38 am

Great player...Hope Sabella sees this. Goodness knows we need a player like Colo right now.

Alfred is right....he has Barca's Deoxyribonucleic acid.
shinigami99
shinigami99
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:41 am

shinigami99 wrote:Great player...Hope Sabella sees this. Goodness knows we need a player like Colo right now.

Alfred is right....he has Barca's Deoxyribonucleic acid.

King Colo and Godscherano wud be Coloccini close to signing new Contract  Wank

Also LMFAO Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:42 am

Best CB in the league IMO

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:44 am

Sepi wrote:Best CB in the league IMO

Definitely alot better than Phil" look at me run forward with the ball and be caught out of position" Jones anyway.......

I wouldnt trade him for any defender in the league anyway.......
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:48 am

well, to be fair the EPL is pretty *bleep* bad when it comes to defenders. Coloccini, Vidic & Kompany.... who else?!
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:52 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:well, to be fair the EPL is pretty *bleep* bad when it comes to defenders. Coloccini, Vidic & Kompany.... who else?!

Luiz, Terry, Agger, Vermealen, Mertesacker, King(when fit)

About all i could think of lol......

Alot of them are prone to mistakes aswell and injury prone in some cases aswell so your point is pretty valid....
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:53 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:well, to be fair the EPL is pretty *bleep* bad when it comes to defenders. Coloccini, Vidic & Kompany.... who else?!

La Liga ?

Puyol, Pique, Pepe, ?

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:56 am

Luiz perhaps... the rest are not even close to Godoccini's level. In La Liga you got masters like Pique, Puyol, Ramos, Pepe (truth be told, he deserves to be at a mental institute for anger issues, although I suppose working with Cristiano is close enough), Mussacchio, etc. In Serie A you have Chiellini, Thiago Silva, Isla, Samuel, Lucio, etc. The EPL just loses out :coffee:
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:57 am

Sepi wrote:

La Liga ?

Puyol, Pique, Pepe, ?

Premface in the house refusing to see the light Rolling Eyes
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:58 am

Sepi wrote:

La Liga ?

Puyol, Pique, Pepe, ?

Rami :lol!:

Seriously though i think it shows the overall talent at CB is quite thin on the ground.....

Currently you either have very talented defenders that are error prone or injury prone or both......

And theres the very few defenders that never get injured, hardly ever mistakes and talented at same time.....

Then you have defenders like Coates who have alot of raw ability but still very young and obviously not proved it yet( felt as iam replying to Liverpool fan a Liverpool player would be best Smile ).......
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:16 am

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
Sepi wrote:Best CB in the league IMO

Definitely alot better than Phil" look at me run forward with the ball and be caught out of position" Jones anyway.......

I wouldnt trade him for any defender in the league anyway.......

:lol!:

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next