RED
18 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Vidic - Page 2 Empty Re: Vidic

Post by Vlad the Impaler Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:32 am

Classy Proud

picture:

In the last 2 years, Vida visibly lost a few pounds, but he is still a tough guy and an excellent defender.

Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:52 am

Nemanja Vidic has confirmed he will leave Manchester United at the end of the 2013/14 season.

In a statement issued by the defender to ManUtd.com, the Serbian said: “It’s the last year of my contract and I have had eight wonderful years here. My time at this great club will always rank as the best years of my career.

"I never could have imagined winning 15 trophies and I will certainly never forget that fantastic night in Moscow, memories that will live with me and the fans forever. However, I have decided that I will move on at the end of this season. I want to challenge myself again and try to make the best of myself in the coming years.

"I’m not considering staying in England as the only club I ever wanted to play for here is Manchester United and I was lucky enough to be part of this club for so many years. I’ve got a few options to move on and I will choose the right one for me and for my family.

"I am now going to focus all my efforts on playing for Manchester United and do the best I can for the team until the end of the season. I hope this stops any further speculation about my future."

All the best Vida Sad I'm sad af right now.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:31 am

Nemanja I wait you Proud
Hoping these rumours are true
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:16 am

He's coming to Milan  Proud 
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:32 am

Captain's aren't supposed to be the first to leave a sinking ship.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Angoulême Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:48 am

He has been a superb captain . I cant really blame him wanting to leave , he won everything at United and like Rio probably doesnt understand the new managers methods . Evra is probably leaving as well. If we kept the experienced bodies around, it would help the new players bed in, because as it is, we need 3-4 players to add in for the first team alone. Letting Vidic, Evra, and Rio all leave on a free means that we won't even get any money in to replace them .. so it might take out money that was supposed to be used for the rest of the team i.e central midfield and a possible replacement for Rooney or RVP if either leaves this summer .
I have to say it, these are worrying times for us.. This summer will be huge, and we have to get the decision making right, right up from the board room in the decision on the manager, to the coaching staff and down to picking the players to replace the outgoing ones , Thiago Silva would be a good replacement for Vidic , if it could happen .
Angoulême
Angoulême
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:13 am

Normally, a CB's highlights on YouTube are not great, but his are superb. Top 10 Fergie signing for me in terms of: cost, longevity and ability on the pitch he passes with flying colours.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:17 am

The away fans found a Vidic lookalike before the game in Munich rofl

Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Tue May 06, 2014 5:31 am

Manchester United fans ready to say Old Trafford farewell to warrior Nemanja Vidic

The club captain is leaving Old Trafford for Inter Milan this summer and makes his final appearance at Old Trafford

Manchester United skipper Nemanja Vidic makes his ­farewell appearance at Old Trafford on Tuesday night, insisting he has “no regrets”

He is quitting after eight years to join Inter Milan as a free agent and will sign off at the Theatre of Dreams in tonight’s penultimate game of the season against Hull.

Vidic has become an iconic figure with United fans and the uncompromising defender paid tribute to his club ahead of what will be an emotional occasion.

“Manchester United make you feel part of the family,” said Vidic. “I’ve developed as a man at this club and it’s been a great experience for me and my family.

“I have nothing to regret, I’ve given 100 per cent. It’s been a great eight years – or a great seven years because at the moment we’re not doing so well!

“But I have great memories. To win five titles and the Champions League, I couldn’t dream of winning that many titles and of playing with so many great players.

“I’ve learned a lot, not just on the pitch but off the pitch as well.”

Vidic, 32, has made 298 appearances for United, scoring 21 goals, and is likely to reach the 300-game milestone with tonight’s match and Sunday’s final game of the season away at Southampton.

He formed a formidable centre-back partnership with Rio Ferdinand, with United conceding just 22 goals all season en route to winning the Premier League title in 2008.

Nemanja Vidic of Manchester United, injury 2011 A bad one: Vidic suffered a serious knee injury in 2011

A cruciate ligament injury suffered in December 2011, as United went out of the Champions League group stage with defeat at Basel, saw Vidic ruled out for eight months.

He returned the following season but was ruled out for a further three months after knee surgery, but was part of the United side that lifted the club’s 20th title in Sir Alex Ferguson’s final campaign.

Vidic paid tribute to Ferguson, who bought him from Spartak Moscow for £7million in December 2005, arriving at United the next month.

“I’ve been playing for the greatest manager ever, I believe,” said Vidic. “It was a great experience and, as I said once before, this is going to be the best part of my career, these years with United.”

Looking back, Vidic hailed the penalty shoot-out Champions League Final win over Chelsea in Moscow in 2008 as the high point of his Old ­Trafford career.

Asked for his most memorable moment, he did not hesitate: “The Champions League final.

“You don’t win the Champions League every year. The club has won it three times and I was lucky to be part of a team who won it once.

“And we won it in Moscow, where I played for Spartak for one-and-a-half years. I came back to the stadium to lift the trophy and that’s the greatest memory I have.”

Patrice Evra, who arrived at United at the same time as Vidic, described him as the club’s “rock” and said it would be tough to replace him with a centre-back of equal stature.

Evra, who is also out of contract this summer and likely to leave, said he shared a special affinity with him as they joined the club together.

“I’m really sad because when you speak about Nemanja it’s like you are speaking about myself because we joined the club together,” said Evra.

“I call him the rock and for me he was a great centre-back. Losing Vida is painful.”

Ryan Giggs has played alongside the likes of Gary Pallister, Steve Bruce, Jaap Stam and Ferdinand.

But he said: “Vida is arguably the greatest defender I’ve ever played with, and I played with so many great ones. He is one of them, a great player and obviously he will be greatly missed.”
Defender, leader, legend

Link

Farewell Vida, thanks for 8 years of service :salute:His last game at Old Trafford, Giggs, Ferdinand and probably Evra too Sad
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue May 06, 2014 1:47 pm

it is sad to see these great servants of the club leave, they have provided great memories and moments for all of us, but we have lost great players and leaders before and stayed the course, and we will continue to do so.

Goodbye Vidic, and perhaps Rio and Evra too, and thank you.  Sad 

Giggsy it is not goodbye we will see you next year, just on the touch line most likely with the new boss. :bow:
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Tue May 06, 2014 5:47 pm

Vidic - Page 2 Bm92_9AIQAAIU0E

Remember that Evra and Vidic came at the same time and Evra has nearly 100 appearances more than Vidic mixture of overplaying Evra and Vidic's injuries.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue May 06, 2014 10:43 pm

Vidic - Page 2 Bm-wmzCCIAII_vm

All the best, legend. All the best Sad
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Tue May 06, 2014 10:57 pm

Someone posted the trophies Ashley Cole's won at Chelsea in the GS, and I was shocked he'd only won the PL title once while he was there. Vidic has 5, an integral figure for the most dominant part of our history. You could throw a rock into the box and he'd try to clear it. Our Eastern European hard man.

I want Inter to make Europe soon, and I want to face them. I would like him to get a great reception, just like Beckham did.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Angoulême Tue May 06, 2014 11:06 pm

Man mountain. Pure quality.

He won us a ridiculous amount of games for a defender, absolute rock and was more than deserving of being a United captain.

Thanks for everything Vida, you legend.
Angoulême
Angoulême
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu May 08, 2014 11:12 pm

The only defender capable to win for 2 times the POTY. A league who has great players in all role , expecially in attack.

not even I remembered this thing. !

Even Vidic with half  of his value would be an upgrade in Serie A  hmm

Busby Babe wrote:Someone posted the trophies Ashley Cole's won at Chelsea in the GS, and I was shocked he'd only won the PL title once while he was there. Vidic has 5, an integral figure for the most dominant part of our history. You could throw a rock into the box and he'd try to clear it. Our Eastern European hard man.

I want Inter to make Europe soon, and I want to face them. I would like him to get a great reception, just like Beckham did.

United-Inter without Giggs and Zanetti (Ah I've read the thread Zanetti retires on redcafe,I appreciated much to see how he is honored there) would look like really strange. But at this point it's impossibile. Just hoping it will happen in 2015 - but in CL Very Happy
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by vizkosity Fri May 09, 2014 11:51 am

tbh, i think he still has it. I was shocked when DM decided to let him go to Inter. He's our best defender by far, and his experience/determination are immense
vizkosity
vizkosity
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Fri May 09, 2014 6:26 pm

I think Smalling has surpassed him tbh. It shows when they play together, like Bayern away and just the game gone at Hull

Smalling needs to improve on the ball though.

At worst Vidic has gone a season too early. He's declining anyway.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by vizkosity Sat May 10, 2014 3:51 pm

Busby Babe wrote:I think Smalling has surpassed him tbh. It shows when they play together, like Bayern away and just the game gone at Hull

Smalling needs to improve on the ball though.

At worst Vidic has gone a season too early. He's declining anyway.

idk, he looks kinda shaky to me against that hull game. once, this clearance might've costed an own goal. Vidic to me, can still regain some of his form back under a good manager
vizkosity
vizkosity
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sat May 10, 2014 4:53 pm

Yeah, I agree I think Vidic can regain old form, but I'm not sure he can do it here because van Gaal likes to play a high line
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sun May 11, 2014 3:39 am

The Serbian came off the bench in the 4-0 victory against Wigan Athletic, soon after arriving from Spartak Moscow eight years ago, but felt Italy striker Rossi was more deserving of the prize, having started the three games before the semi-finals during the cup run.

"I only played for a few minutes in the final and got the medal and, afterwards, even though it was a nice feeling and I felt part of the team, I gave my medal to Giuseppe Rossi because I felt it would be better to give it to someone who had played more minutes than me in the competition. He deserved it."

Molenation 

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2014/Jan/nemanja-vidic-reveals-he-gave-his-cup-medal-to-rossi.aspx
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu May 15, 2014 7:04 pm

Video taken by Manchester United official site

Molenation
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:33 pm

Made a huge error yesterday. Don't know what he was trying to do.

Highlights
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:36 pm

Yeah, got sent off in his first match too. Not having the best of starts.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:48 pm

Laughing

And here I am wishing he was still with us.

j/k

I still do though tbh.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:57 pm

Yes, stupid error yesterday, stupid is the correct word, it was basically a "gaffe" , we aren't talking about a mistaken marking on opponent.
he played well the other 90 minutes, also a goal disallowed to him for doubt decision , but anyway it finished 1-1 and so  it can be rated as decisive error unfortunately.

Anyway TBH the red card of first match in Serie A was a decision totally invented by  referee , a misunderstanding , referee gave free kick for Inter to 90', he clapped because he approved the decision, but the referee thought to be teased by Vidic for this applause and he got the red card !! Very Happy
FIGC gave just a ban for an only matchday to Vidic, when it should be 2 at least ( for example I remind when Sneijder got red card in a derby to have clapped ironically, 2 matches),  because it understood the misunderstanding but FIGC can't delete the bans unlike of FA and so it limited to give the  lowest possible  ban . Maybe it was better 2 after it  though:D

Vidic was our best player against Dnipro in Europa League anyway, and so Interisti were already falling in love for him , now this accident , I hope it will be just an accident. Enough confident about it , considering the avoidable of the gesture, I mean he can throw the ball next time
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:02 pm

Thanks for elaborating, Robes Thumbs up

I hope he continues to do well  for Inter.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next