EL Patron
Amar
Sri
RealGunner
Jay29
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Arsenal 0 - 0 Olympique de Marseille: Back down to earth - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal 0 - 0 Olympique de Marseille: Back down to earth

Post by djoe26 Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:16 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:
You've got to look at the context of the match situation, though.

Ramsey was only for 60-70 minutes. He failed to really create any outstanding chances and didn't take any chances that fell his way. As the designated playmaker of the team, he failed, hence why he got a 5. It was a below average performance.

Rosicky played 20-30 minutes, during a period where Arsenal were on the back foot. He was incabale of having much of an influence on the game, but not because he was having a bad game, but because there weren't any moments where he could thrive. Thus he gets a 6, which is essientially an effort mark I give when a player has a solid but non-outstanding game.

As a general rule, I only give out scores of 5 or lower when someone has a poor game. Anything else is a 6 or hgiher.

Lets admit it, you like Rosicky more than Ramsey Smile

djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Arsenal 0 - 0 Olympique de Marseille: Back down to earth - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal 0 - 0 Olympique de Marseille: Back down to earth

Post by Jay29 Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:17 pm

I'm not a particular big fan of either, actually. :coffee:

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:56 pm

Marseille defended well today and if we wanted to beat them we had to be more clinical with the opportunities we had. I don't know if I'd say Marseille were playing for a draw, but they will likely be happier with the result, although we are still in a strong position in the group. It was good to see the Mertesacker-Vermaelen partnership work too.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:28 am

Gervinho higher than Walcott?

Arteta higher than Ramsey?

Jay, your ratings are becoming more and more crazy for me. Laughing

We are top of the group after 4 games, we had Dortmund to come to the Emirates who have lost their 2 away games already in the group. Beat them and we should finish top because Marseille's last game is away in Dortmund.

Song and Vermaelen were prob our best players tonight, Walcott and Arteta disappointing for me.

---

Think I would start against West Brom with

Song Ramsey

Gervinho Rosicky Arshavin

RVP
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:44 am

As I explained above, I give players a 5 when they have a poor game. An average or solid performance within the circumstances means a 6.

Walcott was hardly poor, and neither was Arteta. Walcott's end product was actually better than Gervinho's on the night, and Arteta performed well in the role he had in the team as opposed to Ramsey, who failed to produce when in the right positions.

People really are too harsh on Walcott. Can't have a meh game nowadays without being called awful, or brainless. For all his flashy dribbling, Gervinho is just as bad.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by ArsenalWenger Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:06 am

Am I the only person who loves Andre Santos haha? Fair enough he didn't have the best game ever yesterday, but what I like is his desire to attack over and over again. He pens back the opposing winger or creates an overlap and I particularly remember in the Marseille away game where both Jenkinson and Santos attacked and we had Marseille penned literally in the box. His defending definitely needs to improve though I'll agree with that, I'd give him a 6.

Song played well but I get very frustrated when I see him in the ACM spot. There's nothing more annoying that seeing Arteta and Ramsey behind him and he tries a Fabregas pass which ultimately fails.

Overall we should have nicked this but our attackers were poor as Jay said. I was screaming at the TV when Ramsey took ages to take a one-on-one shot when he could have just fired it, or left it and let Walcott to finish it. Theo I thought was particularly unlucky he found himself in very good positions but he wasn't used. Anyway 0-0 isn't the worst result in the world but we have to bounce back against WBA.
ArsenalWenger
ArsenalWenger
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Spider Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:46 pm

I couldn't watch the game yesterday because of a stupid technician who ruined my Internet cable -.-

I wanted to see Vermenator + Meretsaker partnership Sad

so how was it ? bounce
Spider
Spider
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/#!/ma7moud_21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:19 pm

Spider wrote:I couldn't watch the game yesterday because of a stupid technician who ruined my Internet cable -.-

I wanted to see Vermenator + Meretsaker partnership Sad

so how was it ? bounce

@ Vermenator + Meretsaker partnership - :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun_Mainstream Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:37 pm

I think our pressing was very good, and I loved the fact that gervinho tracked back a lot.

We defended much better as a whole team, and didn't leave it all to the back four. Marseille had like 5 corners and I don't remember a single one which seemed remotely dangerous.

I think we're slowly getting defensive solidity at the back, and shutting down marseille completely is a very good start to it.
Varun_Mainstream
Varun_Mainstream
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:49 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:The fact we can actually just brush this result off and just an off day is a good indication of how much we've actually improved recently. Makes a nice change from the doom and gloom that usually proceeds these sorts of results.

I have to agree with you Jay. If this game was few weeks back it would have been the end of the world.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by mzamani Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:46 pm

great, now that barca looks ilke winning their group, we mess up lol
mzamani
mzamani
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by KMD Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:30 pm

anyone have the video of szczesny dribbling?
KMD
KMD
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:41 pm

Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:20 am

KMD wrote:anyone have the video of szczesny dribbling?
Bit late, sorry Razz
http://arsenalist.com/video/?id=Gz6ACSeYW62S4tOJ&t=videa

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2