Albiceleste
eelir
AttacanteBG
billionmillion
Hamdyman
27 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Valdes the underrated? Empty Valdes the underrated?

Post by Hamdyman Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:51 am

Id really like to know what you guys think, Victor Valdes has been consistently great, especially in the Pep era... he's not even included in the 23 short list, which is always casting Iker, now Iker is a great keeper dont get me wrong but Valdes has been this silent guard for a while, this is what he recently said about not being included in the short list,

"These things have never been important to me. It is more important to play for Barça every Sunday and to try to win cups. If that happens, then I’d be quite happy not to be on any lists … I have always felt the love of my fans, and that’s what really matters. And I have always tried to return that love by doing things well.”

How many Zamora's does it take to be great, not to mention that right now he is breaking a long record run of clean sheets, its almost as if Fifa comity believe Valdes's great run is all about Pique and Puyol.. well thats unfair, and we can see him being great even without two of the best center backs in the world. scratch

So i wanna know what you guys think, does Valdes deserve a little more recognition ? does he have a chance to be considered one of the best two or three keepers in the world ?

Last edited by BarcaKizz on Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:06 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Spelling of a 4 year old...)
Hamdyman
Hamdyman
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Valdes the underrated? Empty Re: Valdes the underrated?

Post by billionmillion Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:15 am

Valdes>Casillas in last 2 years
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by AttacanteBG Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:29 am

Valdes>Casillas never.

Valdes is a solid goalkeeper and that's all. Barcelona has their strenghts obviously but goalkeeper is not one of them.
AttacanteBG
AttacanteBG
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:46 am

agree with billionmillion

Valdes>Casillas in last 2 years

True story!

Any RM fan who says the opposite is a clear butt-hurt and biased.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by AttacanteBG Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:48 am

After Casillas world cup performance you say Valdes was better in last 2 years?

And you are talking about being bias...
AttacanteBG
AttacanteBG
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:05 am

Hmm, after that performance of Valdes in la liga in last 3 years you say Casillas is better in last 2 years. Valdes was more consistent in last 3 years than Iker. He was better in last 2 by far as Iker was not really at his best. I am not saying Valdes is better than Iker in general, just he deserves more acknowledgment, and yes he was form-wise better than Iker in lat 2 years for sure.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:26 pm

MADridistas are more active in our section then cules :facepalm:

Anyway, Valdes > Casillas in recent times for sure.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:28 pm

he makes mistakes here and there but hes the shit on 1 vs 1
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by AttacanteBG Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:40 pm

Lionel Messi wrote:MADridistas are more active in our section then cules :facepalm:

Everyone who think that Casillas is better then Valdes(and that is a fact) is a Madridista? Great job, genius.
AttacanteBG
AttacanteBG
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Hamdyman Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:14 pm

AttacanteBG wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:MADridistas are more active in our section then cules :facepalm:

Everyone who think that Casillas is better then Valdes(and that is a fact) is a Madridista? Great job, genius.

There are two sides of the coin here, its not a Valdes > Cassilas, or the opposite, ok.. generally speaking obviously Iker will go down as one of the best keepers in Spain if not the best, Valdes has been atleast as good maybe even better in the past 100 matches or so, but he still does not receive enough recognition to be honest, not just as in head to head vs the Real Madrid keeper, but making the shortlist that had players like Sniejder, Cesc or Forlan who did not really play a better 2010-11 season then Valdes.
Hamdyman
Hamdyman
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:29 pm

Ganso wrote:he makes mistakes here and there but hes the shit on 1 vs 1

Who doesn't make mistakes?
Valdes had some mistakes before 2006, alot remember the mistakes vs David Villa in 2004-2005.. BUT, i BET that i can find similiar/bigger mistakes for Gks like Buffon, Casillas, VDS, Neuer, Kahn etc..

`Just few examples:

etc...

Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:31 pm

@Khaled: Buffon's mistake. Notice the lack of "s."

I can find literally minutes worth of Casillas howlers. He is not a quality goalkeeper and is grossly overrated. :coffee:
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:46 pm

JuvenelCuore wrote:@Khaled: Buffon's mistake. Notice the lack of "s."

I can find literally minutes worth of Casillas howlers. He is not a quality goalkeeper and is grossly overrated. :coffee:

Smile
it was just an example.. IMO, Buffon is the Best Gk in the last 10-15 years at least..

anyway, my point was just to show that even great Gks has made big mistakes through their career..

Valdes? i don't remember a BIG mistake that he did since 2006, other than the match vs Valencia in 2004-2005 ( David Villa scored twice a camp nou).. while for example, Casillas did way more BIG mistakes, still no one talks about them.. its unfair!!

Last edited by Khaledbarca on Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:58 pm

Khaledbarca wrote:
JuvenelCuore wrote:@Khaled: Buffon's mistake. Notice the lack of "s."

Smile
it was just an example.. IMO, Buffon is the Best Gk in the last 10-15 years at least..

anyway, my point was just to show that even great Gks has made big mistakes through his career..

Valdes? i don't remember a BIG mistake that he did other than the match vs Valencia in 2004-2005 ( David scored twice a camp nou).. while for example, Casillas did way more BIG mistakes, still no one talks about them.. its unfair!!

Haha I know, I was just being a fanboy. Rolling Eyes

Yeah that is the truth, and honestly, if any Casillas fan brings up Valdes's errors, just send him the mistakes...on two or three DVDs. Doubt they would all fit on one disk. :coffee:

Valdes is underrated in my opinion but the worst argument for Casillas being good and Buffon being second to him is that "Buffon lets in more goals."

People do not realize how many shots Gigi gets v. Iker, and how much better he is when he had/has a good team on him...like the World Cup of 2006 and this season. :coffee:

I hate Casillas fanboys. He is way too overhyped. He is decent, that is all. :coffee:
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:01 pm

It's clear to why Casillas is rated much higher than Valdes.

Casillas saves his team, Valdes doesn't do that so often.

How many times hasn't Casillas saved Madrid from total humiliation from Barca?

How many times has Valdes saved Barca?

The fact that Casillas has NEVER let a goal past him in a final is a proof of this. Casillas has played with a shaky defense most of the times and has always performed well. A mistake here and there doesn't change it. Casillas always performs when it most matters, the mistakes doesn't happen for example Barca, or when it matters overall.

Thus why I still think Casillas > Valdes recent years and always
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:11 pm

omarish wrote:It's clear to why Casillas is rated much higher than Valdes.

The fact that Casillas has NEVER let a goal past him in a final is a proof of this. Casillas has played with a shaky defense most of the times and has always performed well. A mistake here and there doesn't change it. Casillas always performs when it most matters, the mistakes doesn't happen for example Barca, or when it matters overall.

I invite u to watch this Video:

Plus

- Casillas Career (Real Madrid): 588 matches, 626 Goals conceded (Ratio: 1.064)

- Valdes Career (Barcelona): 423 matches, 325 Goals conceded (Ratio: 0.768)

:coffee:
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by matpol Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:19 pm

Valdes evidently improved under Pep. He doesn't make howler often, for me he is the best GK on 1 on 1 and with a ball on the feet. He really is good for our style of play. Iker probably makes too much mistakes and isn't that good like in past seasons but he always delivers in big match. He make made a howler against Zaragoza or Osasuna etc. In the big match he doesn't flop. If he wasn't in Madrid goal in 2-6 game we would score double digits. Copa del Rey - saved a lot of chances, WC final - save on Robben. Valdes two most awesome games under Pep was in Stanford Bridge (he saved a lot of shots, especially Drogba 1 on 1), and Spanish Super Cup at Bernabeu (a lot of saves, he owned Benzema).

I don't know how to put it, it's not really like a lot of Madridistas thinks that Valdes is some joke gk who play for us cause he is Catalan. His very good GK, as is Iker. For the whole season maybe Valdes is better, more consistent. But if my team play tomorrow a cup final I would choose Casillas to be GK for my team - he sometimes put really clutch saves in final.

As for the fact that Casillas never let a goal past him in final, it's not true. He let 3 goals in Supercopa at Camp Nou, that's a final whether you like it or no. He also let a goal in 2002 UCL final and 2002 UEFA Super Cup.
matpol
matpol
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:23 pm

@Omarish is the reason why I do not even bother. Sigh.

Casillas was unable to save Spain. All of his "heroics" were matched. v. Paraguay when he saved a penalty. The Paraguayan goalkeeper did the same. Casillas made a save on a breakaway, as Stekelenburg did...in the same game.

Compare that to Gianluigi Buffon who single-handedly kept Italia in the World Cup. Villa was the real hero for Spain, not Casillas.

Casillas is mediocre. On any team where he would not dominate other teams, he would end up like the 5 0 rout Barcelona gave to Real Madrid. Showed his true colors there when he did not have a defence behind him; figuratively, not lierally. :Coffee:
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:23 pm

Khaledbarca wrote:
omarish wrote:It's clear to why Casillas is rated much higher than Valdes.

I invite u to watch this Video:

Plus

- Casillas Career (Real Madrid): 588 matches, 626 Goals conceded (Ratio: 1.064)

- Valdes Career (Barcelona): 423 matches, 325 Goals conceded (Ratio: 0.768)

:coffee:

This just prove that Barca's defense is stronger than Real Madrid's.

Also if you want to bring statistics into this you'd get a better result if you compare their overall saves in their careers.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:30 pm

JuvenelCuore wrote:@Omarish is the reason why I do not even bother. Sigh.

Casillas was unable to save Spain. All of his "heroics" were matched. v. Paraguay when he saved a penalty. The Paraguayan goalkeeper did the same. Casillas made a save on a breakaway, as Stekelenburg did...in the same game.

Compare that to Gianluigi Buffon who single-handedly kept Italia in the World Cup. Villa was the real hero for Spain, not Casillas.

Casillas is mediocre. On any team where he would not dominate other teams, he would end up like the 5 0 rout Barcelona gave to Real Madrid. Showed his true colors there when he did not have a defence behind him; figuratively, not lierally. :Coffee:

Wow, the most pathetic thing of all this is you're only doing this to discredit Casillas so Buffon has none to compete with. :facepalm:

Casillas is mediocre? :brickwall: x5000000000000

Everytime someone brings up Casillas you always go "Casillas makes to many mistakes. That's why I prefer Buffon"

Why don't you try saying Casillas is a notch under Buffon atleast ffs, always have to discredit. Also, Spains hero was Casillas. If you're denying that then stay in your delusional world.

Buffon is great, Casillas is too, Valdes aswell, but it's a known fact that Casillas has saved Madrids shaky defense so many times it's insane. Valdes is great too, but like I said, he has played with the most possession side and the 2 best CBs (imo) protecting him. I don't wanna discredit him too much tough becouse I do agree he is very underrated but rating him over Casillas is a notch too much imo
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:32 pm

omarish wrote:

Wow, the most pathetic thing of all this is you're only doing this to discredit Casillas so Buffon has none to compete with. :facepalm:

Everytime someone brings up Casillas you always go "Casillas makes to many mistakes. That's why I prefer Buffon"

Why don't you try saying Casillas is a notch under Buffon atleast ffs, always have to discredit. Also, Spains hero was Casillas. If you're denying that then stay in your delusional world.

Buffon is great, Casillas is too, Valdes aswell, but it's a known fact that Casillas has saved Madrids shaky defense so many times it's insane. Valdes is great too, but like I said, he has played with the most possession side and the 2 best CBs (imo) protecting him. I don't wanna discredit him too much tough becouse I do agree he is very underrated but rating him over Casillas is a notch too much imo

Maybe you can cite when he has "saved Madrid" because honestly, La Liga is a two horse race. Madrid would finish second even if Casillas let 2.5+ goals per game in.

Buffon is the best goalkeeper of our generation and the second best of all time and for fanboys to say Casillas > Buffon is absurd. Sorry.

How was Spain's hero Casillas, exactly ?
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:37 pm

Buffon is not even better than Valdes yet some delusional italian fans are trying to compare him with Casillas. Laughing
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:37 pm

JuvenelCuore wrote:
omarish wrote:

Maybe you can cite when he has "saved Madrid" because honestly, La Liga is a two horse race. Madrid would finish second even if Casillas let 2.5+ goals per game in.

Buffon is the best goalkeeper of our generation and the second best of all time and for fanboys to say Casillas > Buffon is absurd. Sorry.

How was Spain's hero Casillas, exactly ?

Maybe in the CL? Or maybe becouse our defense has been so shit in the past that the attacking quality (which is very high btw) in La Liga has breached it so many times? Also La Liga wasn't always a 2 horse race under the decade Casillas has been with us.

I never said Casillas is better than Buffon. What annoys me is how you discredit Casillas. A living great and a legend and you call him mediocre just so your "fanboyism" (which you so hate apparently) can live happily with the number one spot cemented for Buffon.

Watch the WC. I tought saving a penelty and keeping a clean sheet in the final (in which he made wonderful saves) is enough proof. David Villa was great aswell, but his goals wouldn't have mattered if Casillas didn't keep the clean sheet.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:42 pm

Like I said. The penalty was matched by the Paraguayan goalkeeper who did the same, and the saves in the final were all matched by Stekelenburg. That is a reality. I watched most games of the World Cup, and by most I mean all which were not between two small teams so I know full well how he played.

Honestly, you say that Valdes is only good because he has Barcelona retaining possession, but what did Spain do in the World Cup ? Same style. Especially v. Germany. Boring game if I have seen one.

Gigi > All. :Coffee:
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:44 pm

JuvenelCuore wrote:Like I said. The penalty was matched by the Paraguayan goalkeeper who did the same, and the saves in the final were all matched by Stekelenburg. That is a reality. I watched most games of the World Cup, and by most I mean all which were not between two small teams so I know full well how he played.

Honestly, you say that Valdes is only good because he has Barcelona retaining possession, but what did Spain do in the World Cup ? Same style. Especially v. Germany. Boring game if I have seen one.

Gigi > All. :Coffee:

So if the opposition GK saves a penelty Casillas penelty save is worthless now? :facepalm: Still doesn't change shit becouse Spain wouldn't qualify without his save wouldn't it?

And no, I'm not saying Valdes is good becouse of the defence. I'm just saying that he has a great defense guarding his net while Casillas has most of the time had pretty shitty defense. That's a fact
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next