Ganso
Babun
28 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Kroos, the Sniper - Page 4 Empty Re: Kroos, the Sniper

Post by CBarca Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:54 am

He's pretty good, I always liked him. Don't get to watch him much though so Sad

And there is more to being Zidane than goals, tbh I agree that Iniesta is more like Zidane. From what I've seen of Kroos. They're kinda similar though.

CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Serge Gnabry Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:32 am

Not the first great goal he scored against the Ukraine, four years ago,
he doesn't really do those dribblings anymore:

Serge Gnabry
Serge Gnabry
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:12 pm

Kroos' isn't similar to Zidane or other greats, no need to compare now, we'll see at the end of his career.
What he has in common with the likes of Zidane and Iniesta is his role in the team. He starts off as CM deeper like

-------------DM--------------
-------Kroos----piggy-------

When he plays but as soon as he sees possibilities or starts a pass himself he moves up into CAM position:

------------DM-------------
-----------------piggy-----
-------Kroos---------------

Piggy does it as well like in the diagram above but Kroos is allowed to go even into wing position, as far as an inside forward (Muller). Like you could see in youtube videos, he has no problems to pass, cross or shoot with either foot from everywhere.
Zidane and Iniesta were/are hybrid CM/AM like him. Their ability to switch their role upon reading the game makes their influence on the teams play overall huge. Zidane had insane stamina and ball control so his job was more than influencig upper midfield only. Iniesta and Kroos share their responsibilities with Xavi and piggy respectively more eco smile
Iceman wrote:I said Ramshere. Their partnership is great. Dominated United in our 1-0 win last season.
Plus, I rate Wilshere higher than Kroos, and rightly so imo. I also don't think Ramsey is that far behind Kroos; He's just getting over his leg break that put him on the sidelines for over a year.
Read the upper part of my post. To play like that the player needs to be like live coach on the pitch. He has to tactically read the game to adapt his game appropriatly all the time. For that, you need an insane footballing brain, Ramshere don't have it at Kroos' level. If they meet each other (Arsenal vs. Bayern), piggy+Kroos will easily dominate your Ramshere eco smile

Last edited by babun1024 on Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:20 pm

VibeTribe wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:
VibeTribe wrote:Style wise,Kroos is the nearest thing to Zidane I've seen.

Iniesta reminds me more of Zidane than Kroos does.......

Kroos is an amazing young talent who i enjoy watching greatly but he doesnt remind me of Zidane in anyway tbh.

Iniesta is just a completely different mould of a player,come on now...Kroos is in the same mould as Zidane,still far far away from him though.

No way he is similar to Zidane in terms of playing style.He doesnt have the amazing close control Zidane had and even the dribbling is not even close.

Iniesta is probably worth a shout but he is a lot quicker than Zidane.

I actually think Pastore is somewhat similar to Zidane but its just my opinion though.

Kroos i'd say is a mixture of Xavi and Schweinstieger.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Serge Gnabry Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:22 pm

Kroos reminded me always of Laudrup and Riquelme style-wise.
Serge Gnabry
Serge Gnabry
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:38 pm

babun1024 wrote:Kroos' isn't similar to Zidane or other greats, no need to compare now, we'll see at the end of his career.
What he has in common with the likes of Zidane and Iniesta is his role in the team. He starts off as CM deeper like

When he plays but as soon as he sees possibilities or starts a pass himself he moves up into CAM position:

Piggy does it as well like in the diagram above but Kroos is allowed to go even into wing position, as far as an inside forward (Muller). Like you could see in youtube videos, he has no problems to pass, cross or shoot with either foot from everywhere.
Zidane and Iniesta were/are hybrid CM/AM like him. Their ability to switch their role upon reading the game makes their influence on the teams play overall huge. Zidane had insane stamina and ball control so his job was more than influencig upper midfield only. Iniesta and Kroos share their responsibilities with Xavi and piggy respectively more eco smile
Iceman wrote:I said Ramshere. Their partnership is great. Dominated United in our 1-0 win last season.
Plus, I rate Wilshere higher than Kroos, and rightly so imo. I also don't think Ramsey is that far behind Kroos; He's just getting over his leg break that put him on the sidelines for over a year.
Read the upper part of my post. To play like that the player needs to be like live coach on the pitch. He has to tactically read the game to adapt his game appropriatly all the time. For that, you need an insane footballing brain, Ramshere don't have it at Kroos' level. If they meet each other (Arsenal vs. Bayern), piggy+Kroos will easily dominate your Ramshere eco smile

Well, you can't get the ball off of Wilshere anyway, so it's pretty easy to see who will dominate, and it ain't Piggy+Kroos.
Since when were we all able to judge a footballing brain anyway? How are you so able to tell that Wilshere and Ramsey aren't on the same level as Kroos? It's nothing that you have the ability to judge, and you cannot back it up either. It's just statement that is thrown around that makes no sense. Ramshere have a better footballing brain than Kroos. How would you rebuttal? By showing more videos? Not possible.

Also, are you even implying that Ramsey and Wilshere don't go to the wings or move around the pitch? lol. Look at the assists that Ramsey has got this season. Two of them (at least) were crosses/passes from the right side of the box, after he made a run behind the defense.
Look at Wilshere's assist vs Tottenham last year. Same thing; run from the wing and cross.

So if I just show videos, I can prove that Ramsey is just as good? Alright, I have no problem with that:

http://vimeo.com/31642165

Now, to do like everyone is doing and just start heaping so much praise on Ramsey based on the videos:

So what we can conclude is that Ramsey is much more complete than Kroos. Not only does he attack and create effectively, but he also defends better and works a lot harder for the team. Better footballing brain? Please, if it's all about posting some videos and praising then we can all do that. He can cross, he can shoot, he can pass, he can dribble, he can tackle and he runs his socks off. He adapts his game to the surroundings, whether he's expected to defend or attack. It's just amazing, and his shots are so great. He has this air of confidence and you never want him to get on the ball when he's around the box, no matter which foot he shoots with
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:47 pm

P.S. Am I actually saying that Ramsey is so much better than Kroos? No, I'm not. I'm ridiculing this rubbish style of hyping, praising and rating players based on a thread with videos and some stupid :bow: emoticons
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:48 pm

@Iceman (Fady), you could be as deluded as you're but piggy>>>Wilshere, as if he could take the ball off him eco smile
Second, Ramsey's ball control is superb but to me he is more like a CM than an attacking midfielder Very Happy He isn't creative enough for that role, takes ages to make a passing decision and his passing technique is nowhere near Kroos' level. Kroos can pass anyway, completely two-footed. Ramsey has better close ball control and defensive work rate, I can attest that. In other aspects, he loses to Kroos Very Happy
If it were up to me, I'd make Ramsey CM and Wilshere AM because Wilshere's decision making is a LOT better than his eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:50 pm

Ramsey doesn't have that balls out attitude that Wilshere has, though.

Ramsey's passing is underrated. He's only 20 and is improving every game, just give him time. He's under immense pressure. Wilshere, Ramsey, Kroos are all on the same level, IMO, at least potential wise.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:51 pm

Iceman wrote:P.S. Am I actually saying that Ramsey is so much better than Kroos? No, I'm not. I'm ridiculing this rubbish style of hyping, praising and rating players based on a thread with videos and some stupid :bow: emoticons
Watch him against Man Sh!tty away, you'll get a 90 minute long youtube video eco smile
Sushi Master wrote:Ramsey doesn't have that balls out attitude that Wilshere has, though.

Ramsey's passing is underrated. He's only 20 and is improving every game, just give him time. He's under immense pressure. Wilshere, Ramsey, Kroos are all on the same level, IMO, at least potential wise.
Kroos is 21. There're things you don't learn with time, quick thinking is a part of it. In final third, you can't play like in CM, therefore Wilshere>>> Ramsey in my books eco smile Wilshere is actually, CAM material, more than Ramsey. Second, Kroos has to compete with Robbery and Muller for a starting place eco smile If it isn't pressure then I don't know eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:03 pm

Sushi Master wrote:Ramsey doesn't have that balls out attitude that Wilshere has, though.

I completely agree +1

babun1024 wrote: Kroos is 21. There're things you don't learn with time, quick thinking is a part of it. In final third, you can't play like in CM, therefore Wilshere>>> Ramsey in my books eco smile Wilshere is actually, CAM material, more than Ramsey. Second, Kroos has to compete with Robbery and Muller for a starting place eco smile If it isn't pressure then I don't know eco smile

That's untrue. Ramsey was completely fine and very decisive in the final third before his injury. His injury, that kept him out for a whole year and nearly ruined his career, shook him up and took away his confidence (which is understandable). When without confidence, making decisions becomes really hard and that is what happened with Ramsey. Recently, he has been getting a lot better (Examples: his amazing, mouth-gaping, through ball for Walcott vs WBA, his pre-assist against Chelsea for our first equalizer), and all of that is down to confidence. To undermine the effect of that injury would be foolish.
Plus, if you remember, Kroos was deemed as a "not-so-good" player just a couple of seasons ago, so to say that Ramsey or Wilshere won't improve any more isn't so smart.

And no, competing with injured players is not as pressuring as having to lead club and country at the age of 19/20. Ramsey was thrown into the wild and was expected to make Arsenal win game after game. It's no wonder that he started to flourish when players like RVP took that pressure away from him.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:14 pm

Babun wrote:Kroos is 21. There're things you don't learn with time, quick thinking is a part of it. In final third, you can't play like in CM, therefore Wilshere>>> Ramsey in my books eco smile Wilshere is actually, CAM material, more than Ramsey. Second, Kroos has to compete with Robbery and Muller for a starting place eco smile If it isn't pressure then I don't know eco smile
Yeah, I know they're all in the same age bracket.

I don't know what games you've been watching, but Ramsey has been improving his passing a lot. Or you could just watch Arsenal vs ManU last season and see him completely own their midfield. Or the Wales matches where he's key. Kroos was shit last season and not that great starting off this one. I'm not writing off his talent because of 1 last season, same with Ramsey.

Wilshere might be better up front, but we need him in the back more which is why he's played there. Done a beautiful job, so you can't complain.

No doubts Kroos is under pressure. Hell, even more so than Ramsey or anyone, because he doesn't have a definite starting place. Playing for Bayern is right up there pressure wise as playing for Madrid, Milan etc.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:20 pm

Iceman wrote:
babun1024 wrote: Kroos is 21. There're things you don't learn with time, quick thinking is a part of it. In final third, you can't play like in CM, therefore Wilshere>>> Ramsey in my books eco smile Wilshere is actually, CAM material, more than Ramsey. Second, Kroos has to compete with Robbery and Muller for a starting place eco smile If it isn't pressure then I don't know eco smile

That's untrue. Ramsey was completely fine and very decisive in the final third before his injury. His injury, that kept him out for a whole year and nearly ruined his career, shook him up and took away his confidence (which is understandable). When without confidence, making decisions becomes really hard and that is what happened with Ramsey. Recently, he has been getting a lot better (Examples: his amazing, mouth-gaping, through ball for Walcott vs WBA, his pre-assist against Chelsea for our first equalizer), and all of that is down to confidence. To undermine the effect of that injury would be foolish.
Plus, if you remember, Kroos was deemed as a "not-so-good" player just a couple of seasons ago, so to say that Ramsey or Wilshere won't improve any more isn't so smart.

And no, competing with injured players is not as pressuring as having to lead club and country at the age of 19/20. Ramsey was thrown into the wild and was expected to make Arsenal win game after game. It's no wonder that he started to flourish when players like RVP took that pressure away from him.
Bayern didn't miss Robben against napoli or Man Sh!tty... Very Happy Also, he has to win games, the pressure at Bayern is like at any big club Very Happy he has to fill in for Muller or Robbery in three positions all the time and always perform Very Happy Ramsey plays CAM only Very Happy
Look, midfielders learn to make better decisions with more experience/ age but the speed at which they make those doesn't increase by a lot past 18-19y. It's a fundamental problem. Ramsey is cool when given space and time but put him in a cramped space in Bayern midfield for example and he'd simply suck (AM, CAM) Very Happy
Wilshere wouldn't because he thinks a whole lot faster Very Happy Why does he flourish with RVP? RVP draws defenders away, that's why= more space Very Happy
Also, Kroos regarded as not so good Laughing He is regarded widely as Ballack's heir starting from u17 level (4 years passed...) eco smile I hated Bayern for benching him for one year, they almost ruined him eco smile
Sushi Master wrote:
Babun wrote:Kroos is 21. There're things you don't learn with time, quick thinking is a part of it. In final third, you can't play like in CM, therefore Wilshere>>> Ramsey in my books eco smile Wilshere is actually, CAM material, more than Ramsey. Second, Kroos has to compete with Robbery and Muller for a starting place eco smile If it isn't pressure then I don't know eco smile
Yeah, I know they're all in the same age bracket.

I don't know what games you've been watching, but Ramsey has been improving his passing a lot. Or you could just watch Arsenal vs ManU last season and see him completely own their midfield. Or the Wales matches where he's key. Kroos was shit last season and not that great starting off this one. I'm not writing off his talent because of 1 last season, same with Ramsey.

Wilshere might be better up front, but we need him in the back more which is why he's played there. Done a beautiful job, so you can't complain.

No doubts Kroos is under pressure. Hell, even more so than Ramsey or anyone, because he doesn't have a definite starting place. Playing for Bayern is right up there pressure wise as playing for Madrid, Milan etc.
Owning Manu's midfield is no big deal. Arsenal adn Chelski always dominated them but failed to win (last 5 years). Right now, they're getting the respective results Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:37 pm

babun1024 wrote:
Bayern didn't miss Robben against napoli or Man Sh!tty... Very Happy Also, he has to win games, the pressure at Bayern is like at any big club Very Happy he has to fill in for Muller or Robbery in three positions all the time and always perform Very Happy Ramsey plays CAM only Very Happy
Look, midfielders learn to make better decisions with more experience/ age but the speed at which they make those doesn't increase by a lot past 18-19y. It's a fundamental problem. Ramsey is cool when given space and time but put him in a cramped space in Bayern midfield for example and he'd simply suck (AM, CAM) Very Happy
Wilshere wouldn't because he thinks a whole lot faster Very Happy Why does he flourish with RVP? RVP draws defenders away, that's why= more space Very Happy
Also, Kroos regarded as not so good Laughing He is regarded widely as Ballack's heir starting from u17 level (4 years passed...) eco smile I hated Bayern for benching him for one year, they almost ruined him eco smile

He has to win games, but he has a lot of great players around him that take the pressure away. If Bayern lose or don't get the results, Kroos wouldn't be the one criticized while at Arsenal, at least at the start of the season, it was all about how Ramsey is now back and should lead us to winning games thus he had more pressure.
Also, like Sushi said, last year Kroos was pretty much crap and that was not a result of anything. So to compare him to current Ramsey, who only recently started to truly come back to his pre-injury form, and assume that it's a fair comparison is not true. Compare them at their best, i.e. Ramsey in 09/10 season, not now.

And wasn't RVP playing at the start of the seasons? Why didn't Ramsey flourish then, since RVP was taking away defenders and all? Why did it take a month and a half before he started performing? It isn't coincidental that it was about the time that players like Koscielny, Arteta, Song, RVP and Gervinho started taking away the pressure from him and performing well.
As previously mentioned, Ramsey performed well in tight spaces in the 09/10 season. If you had bothered to see any of the videos, you'd see Ramsey getting out of situations where he was surrounded by 3, 4 and even 5 players at the same time. You'd see him attracting players towards him, and then playing a through ball that splits the defense wide open. He does not have poor decision making, he was only lacking in confidence.

Against Chelsea, was he given any room? No, not at all, but he twisted and turned, made space for himself and played a great through-ball for Gervinho which lead to our equalizer. That's a player who did well in tight spaces, not just open space.

Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:39 pm

My whole point is that he has talent and you're too quick to write him off. He also had his leg broken, FFS. You don't come back from that after a few games. Give him time and and he'll be at Kroos level.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:49 pm

Sushi Master wrote:My whole point is that he has talent and you're too quick to write him off. He also had his leg broken, FFS. You don't come back from that after a few games. Give him time and and he'll be at Kroos level.
You and Fady don't understand my fundamental point. Decision making is something you improve with time, the speed at which you do those decision are given after 18-19y age.
You could only improve the speed at which decision are made by more chemistry, that's it! Very Happy Got it by now? Very Happy
Now, my point, Ramsey lacks in the green part whereas Wilshere doesn't Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:56 pm

Iceman wrote:
babun1024 wrote:

He has to win games, but he has a lot of great players around him that take the pressure away. If Bayern lose or don't get the results, Kroos wouldn't be the one criticized while at Arsenal, at least at the start of the season, it was all about how Ramsey is now back and should lead us to winning games thus he had more pressure.
Also, like Sushi said, last year Kroos was pretty much crap and that was not a result of anything. So to compare him to current Ramsey, who only recently started to truly come back to his pre-injury form, and assume that it's a fair comparison is not true. Compare them at their best, i.e. Ramsey in 09/10 season, not now.

And wasn't RVP playing at the start of the seasons? Why didn't Ramsey flourish then, since RVP was taking away defenders and all? Why did it take a month and a half before he started performing? It isn't coincidental that it was about the time that players like Koscielny, Arteta, Song, RVP and Gervinho started taking away the pressure from him and performing well.
As previously mentioned, Ramsey performed well in tight spaces in the 09/10 season. If you had bothered to see any of the videos, you'd see Ramsey getting out of situations where he was surrounded by 3, 4 and even 5 players at the same time. You'd see him attracting players towards him, and then playing a through ball that splits the defense wide open. He does not have poor decision making, he was only lacking in confidence.
Short explanation: Kroos has to perform whenever he is called upon. His competition in the starting eleven is Robbery/Muller. On the bench, Usami and Alaba compete with him if he shouldn't perform in 2-3 of his outings! If he won't become a world beater in 2 years time Bayern will dump him somewhere and get Reus/Schürrle/Goetze or whatever talent who plays on his position. Bayern only care about winning Very Happy Imagine them like RM light in that regard eco smile
Tell me if Ramsey has equal pressure to perform? Condifence? Clubs like Real madird, Bayern, Farca etc. don't care about confidence. If you're on the pitch you have to perform. Kroos was benched for the most time last year, he can't slip up in any game without consequnces (Muller will get more time than him with Robben's return otherwise) eco smile
Iceman wrote:Against Chelsea, was he given any room? No, not at all, but he twisted and turned, made space for himself and played a great through-ball for Gervinho which lead to our equalizer. That's a player who did well in tight spaces, not just open space.

Keeping possession under pressure =|= speed of decision making. Where are Realgunner or Goonerjay? They'd know what I'm talking about Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:58 pm

Ramsey's put into a midfield stripped of it's 2 best players and in partnership with a guy he's never played with before (Arteta), as the key playmaker. Paired with an awful start that would shatter anyone's confidence, it makes sence he didn't start off too well Very Happy

Wilshere is much more driven and thus reacts faster, I agreed to that already, but it's not like Ramsey has it off easy. Give him time to form chemistry because pre leg break he was doing mighty fine.

Another point is that Kroos has more liberty at Bayern. He has Schweini and Tymo/Gustavo covering for him, while at Arsenal there's only Song as midfield enforcers. Nevermind that Arsenal play against tougher opponents or that their squad is skill wise not as good as Bayern's. Kroos has it easier than Ramsey.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:07 pm

Sushi Master wrote:Ramsey's put into a midfield stripped of it's 2 best players and in partnership with a guy he's never played with before (Arteta), as the key playmaker. Paired with an awful start that would shatter anyone's confidence, it makes sence he didn't start off too well Very Happy

Wilshere is much more driven and thus reacts faster, I agreed to that already, but it's not like Ramsey has it off easy. Give him time to form chemistry because pre leg break he was doing mighty fine.

Another point is that Kroos has more liberty at Bayern. He has Schweini and Tymo/Gustavo covering for him, while at Arsenal there's only Song as midfield enforcers. Nevermind that Arsenal play against tougher opponents or that their squad is skill wise not as good as Bayern's. Kroos has it easier than Ramsey.
I invaded Goon section, take the talk there Very Happy We're derailing the thread... eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:23 pm

babun1024 wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:My whole point is that he has talent and you're too quick to write him off. He also had his leg broken, FFS. You don't come back from that after a few games. Give him time and and he'll be at Kroos level.
You and Fady don't understand my fundamental point. Decision making is something you improve with time, the speed at which you do those decision are given after 18-19y age.
You could only improve the speed at which decision are made by more chemistry, that's it! Very Happy Got it by now? Very Happy
Now, my point, Ramsey lacks in the green part whereas Wilshere doesn't Very Happy

YOU don't understand what WE are saying mate.
Firstly, give me any sort of proof of that statement in green. Anything, just try to explain how you think that is the case.
Secondly, RAMSEY HAS BEEN RECOVERING FROM INJURY AND CONFIDENCE ISSUES. So, he takes a lot longer to decide because he does not want to make any wrong actions as he has not been confident. It's not about the speed of making the passes, it's about being confident enough to decide to make them and play the passes. He would know what to do, but he wouldn't be confident of his decision so he would stutter on the ball. THIS DID NOT HAPPEN IN THE 09/10 SEASON. You can see from the clips there that Ramsey always makes quick decisions. When he was inside the box against Bolton, he made a quick turn and shot. When he ran at the defense against the Scotland U-21s and dribbled past one, then the other, and then found the ball at his feet and scored...that's not a player who lacks speed of decision making.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:26 pm

Iceman wrote:
babun1024 wrote:Kroos' isn't similar to Zidane or other greats, no need to compare now, we'll see at the end of his career.

Well, you can't get the ball off of Wilshere anyway, so it's pretty easy to see who will dominate, and it ain't Piggy+Kroos.
Since when were we all able to judge a footballing brain anyway? How are you so able to tell that Wilshere and Ramsey aren't on the same level as Kroos? It's nothing that you have the ability to judge, and you cannot back it up either. It's just statement that is thrown around that makes no sense. Ramshere have a better footballing brain than Kroos. How would you rebuttal? By showing more videos? Not possible.

Also, are you even implying that Ramsey and Wilshere don't go to the wings or move around the pitch? lol. Look at the assists that Ramsey has got this season. Two of them (at least) were crosses/passes from the right side of the box, after he made a run behind the defense.
Look at Wilshere's assist vs Tottenham last year. Same thing; run from the wing and cross.

So if I just show videos, I can prove that Ramsey is just as good? Alright, I have no problem with that:

http://vimeo.com/31642165

Now, to do like everyone is doing and just start heaping so much praise on Ramsey based on the videos:

So what we can conclude is that Ramsey is much more complete than Kroos. Not only does he attack and create effectively, but he also defends better and works a lot harder for the team. Better footballing brain? Please, if it's all about posting some videos and praising then we can all do that. He can cross, he can shoot, he can pass, he can dribble, he can tackle and he runs his socks off. He adapts his game to the surroundings, whether he's expected to defend or attack. It's just amazing, and his shots are so great. He has this air of confidence and you never want him to get on the ball when he's around the box, no matter which foot he shoots with

Kroos, the Sniper - Page 4 Happy-face
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:28 pm

This Arsenal fan
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:32 pm

Iceman wrote:

I completely agree +1

You are full of shit

what season is that, the season he played in world cup...?
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:38 pm

Iceman wrote:
babun1024 wrote:

YOU don't understand what WE are saying mate.
Firstly, give me any sort of proof of that statement in green. Anything, just try to explain how you think that is the case.
Secondly, RAMSEY HAS BEEN RECOVERING FROM INJURY AND CONFIDENCE ISSUES. So, he takes a lot longer to decide because he does not want to make any wrong actions as he has not been confident. It's not about the speed of making the passes, it's about being confident enough to decide to make them and play the passes. He would know what to do, but he wouldn't be confident of his decision so he would stutter on the ball. THIS DID NOT HAPPEN IN THE 09/10 SEASON. You can see from the clips there that Ramsey always makes quick decisions. When he was inside the box against Bolton, he made a quick turn and shot. When he ran at the defense against the Scotland U-21s and dribbled past one, then the other, and then found the ball at his feet and scored...that's not a player who lacks speed of decision making.
The green part is from my experience Very Happy I followed footy for long eco smile
The red part. The moves you described involve himself. Players like Kroos or Wilshere, always have a general idea what to do with the ball ones at their feet, they think 2-3 steps ahead. We have the same problem with Benzema's creativity. His linup is superb but he doesn't have the vision of a true passer eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:38 pm

Sushi Master wrote:Ramsey's put into a midfield stripped of it's 2 best players and in partnership with a guy he's never played with before (Arteta), as the key playmaker. Paired with an awful start that would shatter anyone's confidence, it makes sence he didn't start off too well Very Happy

I guess Tymo and Schweini were also there when he single handedly brought Germany from the 2 goals deficit against Ukraine and maybe Schweini and Tymo were also there in Leverkusen when he had his best season....

Last edited by Idrisozet on Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:40 pm

Iceman wrote:
babun1024 wrote:

Against Chelsea, was he given any room? No, not at all, but he twisted and turned, made space for himself and played a great through-ball for Gervinho which lead to our equalizer. That's a player who did well in tight spaces, not just open space.

So you mean Ramsey and Wilshere where the ones caring Arsenal last season, what pressure are you talking about...?
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next