AC Milan's Zlatan Ibrahimovic: Luciano Moggi cried

Go down

AC Milan's Zlatan Ibrahimovic: Luciano Moggi cried Empty AC Milan's Zlatan Ibrahimovic: Luciano Moggi cried

Post by lucianomoggi Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:27 am

AC Milan's Zlatan Ibrahimovic: Luciano Moggi cried in front of Juventus players due to Calciopoli
The Swedish striker has stressed that Juventus won their titles because of hard work rather than by influencing referees, and revealed the former general director was devastated

First Goal Scorer ZLATAN IBRAHIMOVIC BET: RETURNS: £70.00
Nov 9, 2011 11:19:00 AM
By Stefan Coerts

Comments
MORE ON : AC Milan, FC Internazionale Milano, Juventus, Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Getty Images
AC Milan attacker Zlatan Ibrahimovic has revealed that former Juventus director Luciano Moggi cried in front of his players during a crisis meeting to discuss the Calciopoli scandal.
DON'T MISS
Juventus 'not involved in Calciopoli'Luciano Moggi found guilty in Calciopoli
Ibrahimovic: I am staying at AC MilanIbrahimovic confirms violent Onyewu brawl
Ibrahimovic continues criticism of Barca spellIbrahimovic: I told Pep that he lacked balls

Moggi is seen as one of the main culprits in the case and was found guilty of sporting fraud by the Tribunal of Naples on Tuesday, and was consequently sentenced to five years and four months in prison.

Juventus were stripped of the 2004-05 and 2005-06 Serie A titles for their alleged involvement in Calciopoli and were also relegated to Serie B - a decision that came as huge blow to Moggi.

"The first time I met Moggi it was immediately clear that he was a powerful person. The way he dressed and behaved. He was a different person during that meeting, though. He stood there and started crying in front of us. That's what's impressed me most," Ibrahimovic reveals in his autobiography.

"It felt like a punch in the stomach. He had always looked strong and I had never seen him like that before. He had always radiated power and strength and seemed to be in control of what happened. I felt compassion for him when I saw him in that state."

The Sweden international also voiced his frustration with the decision to take Juventus' Scudetti away from them as he feels they won the trophies because of their hard work rather than due to help from referees.

"The Calciopoli scandal is all nonsense, in my opinion. At least the most of it is. We didn't win because referees did us favours. We won because we worked very hard and were the best. We always fought hard and didn't need any help. It's all bulls***."

Ibrahimovic also looks back at his time at Inter and feels the reason they won trophies after Calciopoli was that the different cliques in the squad were broken down.

"One of the first things I did after arriving at Inter was speak to [president] Massimo Moratti to say that the squad wasn't united. We had to break down the different clans.

"Teams perform at their best when there's cohesion, but the opposite was the case at Inter. Breaking down the various cliques was the biggest challenge. It's impossible to win anything if the dressing room isn't united."

The AC Milan striker's autobiography goes on sale on Friday, but the book has already made several headlines as a result of leaked excerpts.

lucianomoggi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down