lenear1030
Sina
Sushi Master
Babun
11 posters

Go down

Wilshere vs. Ramsey Empty Wilshere vs. Ramsey

Post by Babun Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:06 pm

Who is better as CAM and why? Very Happy I don't want to talk about what the team needs, I'm asking what do you think for real eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Wilshere vs. Ramsey Empty Re: Wilshere vs. Ramsey

Post by Sushi Master Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:11 pm

Wilshere hasn't played as a CAM in the first team for me to judge him.

He's also very direct, which might oppose Wenger's instructions Very Happy

IMO, he's better in a deep role where he can use that aggression and energy more.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:47 pm

i think they can do the job
better NOT just relying on one to be main playmaker
key about our midfield is the way they shift roles to open up opponents during matches
to answer this question overraly
Wilshere's defending getting better and better by the time he can do great job in that deep-lying role
that's my preferred midfield when everyone fit with Aaron playin closer to RVP as a false 10

Wilshere vs. Ramsey AbBzPbFapB

Last edited by sina90 on Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:56 pm

probably ramsey. wilshere could distribute well, but it's not like he was head and shoulders above ramsey. wilshere was piss poor in front of goal though missing several fairly easy chances.

cant wait to see what wenger does, but im still weary about wilshere's return...
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:33 pm

Ramsey-Song-Wilshere

Arteta-Song-Wilshere

Very Happy
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:45 pm

can't wait to see these two in midfield together with Song shielding the back four bounce
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:13 am

For me, Ramsey isn't a CAM. To use an analogy, he is more like Lampard than Gerrard, whereby he plays a traditional central midfield role in the side and makes late runs from deep.

Wilshere played in more advanced positions in the youth and reserve teams, and often at Bolton. I remember Wenger saying the plan was to build him up as a Bergkamp-esque player. I don't think the intention was to use him as a CM, but it ended up being that way and he proved he can play a dynamic midfield role very well. His assists and goal tallies don't back me up on this, but I believe him to be better suited to a CAM role than Ramsey.

I still maintain to this day that the only thing Ramsey is better than Wilshere at is finishing. We've yet to see the full extent of Wilshere's creativity since he's played behind Cesc.

Having said all that, Arsenal really don't use a CAM and inevitably Ramsey and Wilshere are going to play together, so it's not going to matter which is better in what role.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:16 am

wilshere...ramsey still hasnt reach his pre injury form, if he does, he will be better or the same level. but atm its willy.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:18 am

oh and btw where is usman?

so my sig was worse than babuns??? lol u kidding me?
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:06 am

Ramsey has flourished in CAM in recent weeks though Jay with Song + Arteta sitting behind him.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:22 pm

I don't really see Ramsey's current role as a CAM, though. All of Arsenal's midfield roles can't really be defined by the usual connotations; Song's runs from deep and tendencies to be the most advanced midfielder defies his holding midfielder/ball-winner tag, while Ramsey's tendencies to drop deeper and play as more of a watercarrier in midfield means he doesn't play a traditional CAM role in the team.

Even Arteta, who seldom plays in advanced of Song and Ramsey, goes from water-carrier/deep-lying distributor to an outright defensive midfielder playing deeper than the so-called holding midfielder Song.

I think the only time Arsenal have had outright defined midfield roles was the 10/11 season, where Wilshere and Song made a double pivot and Cesc was the CAM. In seasons before, Cesc would switch between deep-lying playmaker to advanced midfielder in a game, while Diaby often went forward.

This is why I'm hesitant to call Ramsey a CAM, or even Wilshere for that matter. Instead, I'll refer to midfielders by the qualities they bring to the side. For me, Ramsey's recent form isn't down to his position, but down to an improvement in the speed of his decision making and playing with less fear than he was before.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:46 pm

Neither now!
Maybe if Rambo can recover to pre injury form he can grow into the position. Wilshere on the other hand in my opinion if he were just a little taller would be an excellent DM. His defensive positioning closing speed and tackles last year were key in many games, especially the times that Song was caught out of position and to advance on the pitch. As they are though I think they are both box to box mids. Will time change that, is the question. I think what makes a great CAM is the ability to make decisions without thinking. Having a natural tendency to see things happening and make decisions before others see them. I have practically never seen this in Wilshere and although saw glimpses of it in Rambo before his injury. I just have not seen enough of it this year to make me feel as though he is ready now. What is Wilshere going to look like when he gets back from Injury, who knows! In my opinion though I think that we should be looking for a CAM in the transfer window we are more dependent on a single player this year than any year that I can remember. If RVP gets injured or does not play I think we honestly look bad offensively.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Emaharg Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:21 am

Ramsey will develop into a Gerrard type player, Wilshere and Song can compliment him perfectly.
Emaharg
Emaharg
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:21 pm

At the moment Ramsey is doing great.. Havent seen much of Wilshere as AM.. Still have a feeling that he may be better...
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down