messixaviesta
Sir Psycho
matpol
Albiceleste
Khaled
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

La Liga 2011-2012 (Week #12): FCBarcelona vs Zaragoza - Page 2 Empty Re: La Liga 2011-2012 (Week #12): FCBarcelona vs Zaragoza

Post by Albiceleste Sun 20 Nov 2011, 20:41

Sanchez is going to be a key player in the upcoming Clásico

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

La Liga 2011-2012 (Week #12): FCBarcelona vs Zaragoza - Page 2 Empty Re: La Liga 2011-2012 (Week #12): FCBarcelona vs Zaragoza

Post by Sir Psycho Sun 20 Nov 2011, 20:44

harhar11 wrote:And I think that its pretty obvious that he still is trying to play safe because he doesn't want to make a mistake.

I feel the same way, injury set him back but give him time.
Sir Psycho
Sir Psycho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun 20 Nov 2011, 23:33

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrvG0NO7Q50&feature=related
01:05-01:10 LOL
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Mon 21 Nov 2011, 01:41

I was impressed by Cuenca when he was on the ball. I didn't know much of him before he made his 1st team debut but he's gotten increasingly interesting since. One to keep an eye on.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon 21 Nov 2011, 10:35

I'm with Alex here.
Alexis is not playing to the expectations and price of his signing. He has been poor at finishing (not surprising considering his maximum goal score tally in a season is 12 goals), and has not excelled at passing or dribling. I like his workrate, but I also dislike his cocky attitude to be honest. Pedro is still much above him.

He might improve and claim Pedro's spot. But he might also stagnate and become the chilean Hleb.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon 21 Nov 2011, 12:16

Cocky attitude?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon 21 Nov 2011, 15:50

The Franchise wrote:Cocky attitude?

Yes, cocky attitude:

1- Completely unnecessary pulling out his shirt when scoring his first goal with us, earning him a yellow card and doing the Cipriano muscle showoff.
2- When he was injured, he failed to show in training the following day.
3- I don't remember exactly but there have been other minor incidents with Alexis, perhaps a small car accident or losing contact with the Club when he was in Chile.

free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon 21 Nov 2011, 16:29

free_cat wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Cocky attitude?

Yes, cocky attitude:

1- Completely unnecessary pulling out his shirt when scoring his first goal with us, earning him a yellow card and doing the Cipriano muscle showoff.
2- When he was injured, he failed to show in training the following day.
3- I don't remember exactly but there have been other minor incidents with Alexis, perhaps a small car accident or losing contact with the Club when he was in Chile.

Well, I dont see this as a cocky attitude.

He took his shirt off, it was his first goal he was over excited. Is this really a big deal? He got over excited, he is human.

The training I know nothing about, I am surprised it wasnt reported more. I would call that unprofessional, not cocky though.

Small car accident can be anything and doesnt make it any of his fault. As for losing contact with the club, again, I have heard nothing of this. Losing contact how? Did we try and contact him?

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon 21 Nov 2011, 16:40

OMFG......

Alexis was outstanding before he got injured.......

Secondly it was his first start since his injury and despite showing signs of rustiness he was alot more dangerous than Pedro has shown all season and Villa to some extent.....

He has 4 appearences in the league, talk about f*cking kneejerk......

Oh yh i dont care if he's a La Masia product, Cuenca is crap.

Nolito was miles better.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by shinigami99 Mon 21 Nov 2011, 17:11

I don't think Sanchez has been playing badly, he is essentially pedro with more skill(then again most players have more skill than pedro, pedro's main threat is his finishing which is probably better than Messi's).

I stand by what I said. I would have rathered we got Aguero
shinigami99
shinigami99
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon 21 Nov 2011, 17:20

shinigami99 wrote:I don't think Sanchez has been playing badly, he is essentially pedro with more skill(then again most players have more skill than pedro, pedro's main threat is his finishing which is probably better than Messi's).

Aguero would have never worked on the wing......

#justsayin

It's no suprise all of you are judging Sanchez on 3 starts( 2 of which he showed more than Pedro has all season )

As none of you wanted him to begin with Laughing

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon 21 Nov 2011, 17:22

Well not everyone Mole, I wanted him.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon 21 Nov 2011, 17:23

The Franchise wrote:Well not everyone Mole, I wanted him.

Sorry i apoligise, the majority of you......
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Mon 21 Nov 2011, 18:00

i also wanted him mole!! in fact, contrary to popular opinion it seems, ive been quite impressed with how he's performed!

the most difficult aspect to get for a player of his position coming in was always going to be getting them to perform the neccessary pressing and defensive work as well as the attacking glitz!
his end product and skills will return with his fitness but in the meantime, the fact that he was prepared to do the dirty work is greatly encouraging!

give him some time guys, we're not madrid after all!
Prometheus
Prometheus
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue 22 Nov 2011, 00:02

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
shinigami99 wrote:I don't think Sanchez has been playing badly, he is essentially pedro with more skill(then again most players have more skill than pedro, pedro's main threat is his finishing which is probably better than Messi's).

Aguero would have never worked on the wing......

#justsayin

It's no suprise all of you are judging Sanchez on 3 starts( 2 of which he showed more than Pedro has all season )

As none of you wanted him to begin with Laughing

Not really, Pedro and Sanchez are extremely different players. It's not like Sanchez does all Pedro does better. Pedro is way better off the ball and finishing. He is probably better at passing, but we haven't seen that much from Sanchez.

Mole, I'm open to give plenty of time to Sanchez, but to the date he hasn't shown to be better than a fully fit Pedro at all. In no way I'm saying he is crap.

And Cuenca is not crap either. However, I would edit a nice video with his best plays and tricks and sell him to a bidder asap. Very Happy
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue 22 Nov 2011, 02:42

Nah he hasnt shown better to be a fully fit and on form Pedro, i was more saying is at beginning of season those 2 performances were better than Pedro's performances this season which have been garbage......

I was a little too aggressive tbh.......

I dont think knows the time to judge Sanchez, 4 league starts and already judging a player is ridiculous imo.....

Sanchez in my eyes has the work rate of Pedro but with better skills and is a better passer has'nt showed it yet but from what i have seen for Udinese and Chile he is.....

Pedro is leagues ahead currently as far as finishing and movement goes.....

And no Cuenca is not crap, it all comes back to my being far too aggressive comment.....

Is he Barca quality in the long term? no not imo but not crap your quite right.

I do apoligise for any offense felt by anyone for my over aggressive posts.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Tue 22 Nov 2011, 14:30

Immaculate_Mole wrote:Nah he hasnt shown better to be a fully fit and on form Pedro, i was more saying is at beginning of season those 2 performances were better than Pedro's performances this season which have been garbage......

I dont think knows the time to judge Sanchez, 4 league starts and already judging a player is ridiculous imo.....

Sanchez in my eyes has the work rate of Pedro but with better skills and is a better passer has'nt showed it yet but from what i have seen for Udinese and Chile he is.....

And no Cuenca is not crap, it all comes back to my being far too aggressive comment.....

I dont see how you can say that Sanchez's 2 performances have been better than Pedro's.
Sanchez has done nothing of note.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Tue 22 Nov 2011, 14:31

Oh and almost forgot.
Xavi's reverse pelopina :bow:

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by matpol Tue 22 Nov 2011, 14:58

alexjanosik wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:Nah he hasnt shown better to be a fully fit and on form Pedro, i was more saying is at beginning of season those 2 performances were better than Pedro's performances this season which have been garbage......

I dont see how you can say that Sanchez's 2 performances have been better than Pedro's.

He scored vs Villarreal and was the best player on the pitch vs Sociedad until he got injured. What did Pedro do in this season? He can't beat anyone on 1-1, always pass it back, terrible first touch, no finising. Pedro is at the moment our worst player from last year once de gala, he must improve or he will rot on the bench. Cuenca in couple of games did more than Pedro in all his appearances in this season.
matpol
matpol
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Tue 22 Nov 2011, 16:12

matpol wrote:
alexjanosik wrote:

He scored vs Villarreal and was the best player on the pitch vs Sociedad until he got injured. What did Pedro do in this season? He can't beat anyone on 1-1, always pass it back, terrible first touch, no finising. Pedro is at the moment our worst player from last year once de gala, he must improve or he will rot on the bench. Cuenca in couple of games did more than Pedro in all his appearances in this season.

So one goal makes Sanchez better.
Pedro has scored more than one goal this season.
Granted Pedro has been below par but I dont see any way in which Sanchez has been superior.
Pedro starts anyday over Sanchez.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue 22 Nov 2011, 16:47

I thought Sanchez has performed better than Pedro this season when he has played......

Irrelevant of goals, i thought he performed better......

Not to say he has proved more than Pedro at Barca in general, because last seasons Pedro stomps all over him ( so far).......

I am not saying Sanchez has been outstanding this season just better, which tbh isnt that hard considering how poor Villa and Pedro have been this season.....

Anyway as i said before i feel Sanchez will show his worth, he has played well in his 4 starts imo ( not 30 million well but well).......

I would be worried if he had played 20 + games and we were seeing sub par performances but he hasnt.

Now is not the time to judge him imo and besides the Pedro and Sanchez argument is moot atm considering Pedro is injured and when you consider Villa's form you might see Pedro and Sanchez ( if he shows his full worth)
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Tue 22 Nov 2011, 17:21

its not just about the numbers alex and free, how many times have we argued that with haters over iniesta!
its about the performance, and when sanchez has played, he's looked extremely threatening! far more so then pedro this season!
yes his finishing has to improve but id still rather have a sanchez involved in the game, causing problems to the oppostion defence for the full 90 mins than an anonymous pedro who pops up to finish a chance! and thats how its been so far!
Prometheus
Prometheus
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Tue 22 Nov 2011, 19:39

Prometheus wrote:its not just about the numbers alex and free, how many times have we argued that with haters over iniesta!
its about the performance, and when sanchez has played, he's looked extremely threatening! far more so then pedro this season!
yes his finishing has to improve but id still rather have a sanchez involved in the game, causing problems to the oppostion defence for the full 90 mins than an anonymous pedro who pops up to finish a chance! and thats how its been so far!

I dont see how Sanchez has been extremely threatening.
I am not talking about goals.The lack of threat from him is precisely my gripe,considering the hype he got.
How many times has he successfully dribbled a player for us?
I cant think of a lot.Not more than 5 I suppose.In the last game not even once.So how is Sanchez been extremely threatening.
I dont have the stats but I wouldnt be surprised if Pedro has completed more successful dribbles than Sanchez this season.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue 22 Nov 2011, 19:41

Sanchez just came back from injury ffs
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2