+3
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Soul
Blue
7 posters

Go down

We are average Empty We are average

Post by Blue Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:05 am

Lets face it this team is just average, as talent goes this team is nowhere near the side that won back to back PL titles, or the squad that went to the club first ever CL final and the next season was one rational referee away from going back.

I look at the starting squad we have now, and tbh i don't think there is one player that could get into those squads.

This is my perspective, i think i will be happy as long as we finish in the top 4, and we experiment with our young players.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

We are average Empty Re: We are average

Post by Soul Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:42 am

Average? No.
As good as Mourinho's squad? No.

We have to face the fact that the important players like Drogba are on their decline and won't improve in the future. AVB was brought in for the long run and he is trying to integrate new players into Chelsea

Our past successes would always make everyone to expect us to challenge the title every season and that is okay. I didn't expect us to run away with the league this season but I'd be lying if I say I was hoping for a historic season on AVB's debut.

Its going to take time to get back on top but we will never be average.
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:37 pm

Average lol......

Trying to play like Barca, with players like Ramires,Mikel and Lampard in midfield yes.....

Chelsea have issues imo but not as overblown as people are making it......

Do believe should alter the style tho as players like Terry, Cole, Mikel, Lampard, Ramires( even tho he's doing a gd job imo) etc etc

Are not suited to it, id like you to change nothing until after you played us tho Very Happy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:07 pm

The system isn't working that's a fact, we need to just go not completely but start integrating old ways again.

Like the long ball to Drogba that caused Liverpool some issues yesterday, and if we persist with this high line shit we need a double pivot in midfield or so 2 mobile players screening the back 4 because our back 4 is so damn exposed all the time.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:07 pm

Ade wrote:The system isn't working that's a fact, we need to just go not completely but start integrating old ways again.

Like the long ball to Drogba that caused Liverpool some issues yesterday, and if we persist with this high line shit we need a double pivot in midfield or so 2 mobile players screening the back 4 because our back 4 is so damn exposed all the time.

I agree, that would mean romeu to play (did well every time he played) and also meireles

Cech
Branislav Luiz JT Cole
Romeu Meireles
Sturridge Lampard Mata
Torres/Drogba

it wouldnt be bad

Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:05 am

I dissagree with the system not working, bar Lampard none of our old gaurd, including Mikel have adjusted to it.

Ivanovic, Luiz, Ramires Lampard, Meireles, Sturridge and Mata all play it very well. Torres does to to an extent.

In all honesty, if PVA is able to adjust to the system better than Cole, he should be recalled and start.

If we could get a real work horse for the LW who actually covers the defence the 4-2-3-1 would work wonders.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:50 pm

Soul wrote:Average? No.

We have to face the fact that the important players like Drogba are on their decline and won't improve in the future. AVB was brought in for the long run and he is trying to integrate new players into Chelsea

Our past successes would always make everyone to expect us to challenge the title every season and that is okay. I didn't expect us to run away with the league this season but I'd be lying if I say I was hoping for a historic season on AVB's debut.

I disagree with a few things.

The team that was lead by Ranieri was more talented and the squad after Mourinho was far superior.

Players like Ramires, Mikel, and Torres are simply average. The only thing Ramires can do is run and run, Mikel took his share of blame for the Liverpool game but Ramires did absolutely nothing in that game. Raul should've played instead of him. Players like Ballack and Essien occupied his position in the past, and they were better then Ramires in every aspect. Mikel made a big critical mistake in the liverpool game, and this is not only time he has done this, he has shown again he has shown he is not mentally there to play at Chelsea standard. Then you have Torres, and another mental weakling. AVB was right not to play Torres because he knew it was too risky to play Torres because he wanted to shied his confidence. If Torres played poorly his confidence would've shrunken even more. TBH Sheva was better then Torres so far in his career, and Sheva had a manager who did not have his support.

Is things progressing under AVB?

Not in my opinion, because he continues to play players that have no future with us or doesn't fit his system. Once he bench players like Terry, Cole, Ramires, and Mikel then i will say things are progressing, but atm those players are playing in every game and we are not playing the players that would fit in AVB system.

So in truth we are not progressing and we are a average football team.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:05 pm

Blue wrote:
Soul wrote:Average? No.

I disagree with a few things.

The team that was lead by Ranieri was more talented and the squad after Mourinho was far superior.

Players like Ramires, Mikel, and Torres are simply average. The only thing Ramires can do is run and run, Mikel took his share of blame for the Liverpool game but Ramires did absolutely nothing in that game. Raul should've played instead of him. Players like Ballack and Essien occupied his position in the past, and they were better then Ramires in every aspect. Mikel made a big critical mistake in the liverpool game, and this is not only time he has done this, he has shown again he has shown he is not mentally there to play at Chelsea standard. Then you have Torres, and another mental weakling. AVB was right not to play Torres because he knew it was too risky to play Torres because he wanted to shied his confidence. If Torres played poorly his confidence would've shrunken even more. TBH Sheva was better then Torres so far in his career, and Sheva had a manager who did not have his support.

Is things progressing under AVB?

Not in my opinion, because he continues to play players that have no future with us or doesn't fit his system. Once he bench players like Terry, Cole, Ramires, and Mikel then i will say things are progressing, but atm those players are playing in every game and we are not playing the players that would fit in AVB system.

So in truth we are not progressing and we are a average football team.

But, specifically, who would you bench Terry and Cole for? I believe that could be a valid option next summer with Aanholt and Bruma, but right now there really is no choice. No clue why Meireles hasn't gotten much more game time, he;s the best midfielder we have for this type of thing.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:18 pm

Ok that second goal thanks stephen *bleep* for ruining Cech.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down