Defoe: I'll match Wilshere's £3k bet... and Spurs will win the league, too!

2 posters

Go down

Defoe: I'll match Wilshere's £3k bet... and Spurs will win the league, too! Empty Defoe: I'll match Wilshere's £3k bet... and Spurs will win the league, too!

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:38 am

Defoe: I'll match Wilshere's £3k bet... and Spurs will win the league, too!

The rivalry between north London rivals Arsenal and Tottenham has an extra edge after Jermain Defoe pledged to match Jack Wilshere’s £3,000 donation to charity, but only if the Gunners finish above Spurs this season.

Wilshere took to Twitter last week to lay down the challenge to Tottenham fans, saying he would donate the cash to charity if their rivals finished above them in the Barclays Premier League.

Not to be outdone, Defoe tweeted this response on Thursday morning: 'hear that @JackWilshere I'll take on your bet 3g to charity if spurs finish above arse if not all my arsenal followers send me £1 4 charity'.

Tottenham currently occupy third spot and can move above Manchester United into second – and eight points in front of Arsenal - if they win their game in hand.

But Defoe's ambition stretches further than a desire to finish above their London rivals, he believes they have what it takes to go all the way and lift the title this season.

The early season ambition had been to gatecrash the top four for the second time in three seasons, but 10 consecutive league wins has seen the club zoom up the table.

'The manager thinks we can win the Premier League and I can’t see why not,' Defoe said, speaking to talkSPORT.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2068531/Jermain-Defoe-takes-Jack-Wilshere-3-000-bet.html#ixzz1fIHVLfdj
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Defoe: I'll match Wilshere's £3k bet... and Spurs will win the league, too! Empty Re: Defoe: I'll match Wilshere's £3k bet... and Spurs will win the league, too!

Post by ELO Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:08 pm

they cant even progress in euro league.. .but i guess thats all part of the plan Laughing
ELO
ELO
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down