kiranr
pUsHa
RedOranje
Potential
Grande_Milano
82 posters

Page 6 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

FIFA Investigation and Elections Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: FIFA Investigation and Elections Thread

Post by M99 Wed 27 May - 20:02:37

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/28/sports/soccer/fifa-officials-arrested-on-corruption-charges-blatter-isnt-among-them.html

It was later revealed by England’s bid chief that four ExCo members had solicited bribes from him for their votes; one asked for $2.5 million, while another, Nicolas Leoz of Paraguay, requested a knighthood.

wat

M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

FIFA Investigation and Elections Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: FIFA Investigation and Elections Thread

Post by futbol Wed 27 May - 20:04:26

rofl

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed 27 May - 20:10:48

windkick wrote:Time to empty the Blatter.

Proud
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed 27 May - 20:11:51

http://www.espnfc.us/international/story/2468719/chuck-blazer-four-plead-guilty-in-us-2013-corruption-case

windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed 27 May - 20:25:16

Of we get rid of Blatter only to end up with Platini I feel like we won't be any better off.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed 27 May - 20:31:28

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Of we get rid of Blatter only to end up with Platini I feel like we won't be any better off.

We won't be better off anyway, but it still would be nice to see that pos indicted.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyard Wed 27 May - 20:39:31

Maradona wrote: People said I was crazy! Today the FBI revealed the truth.

Today there is no football, there is no transparency. Just lie to people and put on a show to re-elect Blatter.

Now we’ll see if he gets re-elected after everything that happened. Where was Blatter when all this was going on?

The Americans did an impeccable job and now people have to explain what’s been happening.

The good will remain and I will take care of the bad personally. The money they earn ought to be used to build a training camp for African children.

-----------------

“Platini? He is French, so if the wind blows left, he goes left. If the wind blows right, he goes right.”

http://football-italia.net/66999/maradona-i-told-you-about-fifa
junkyard
junkyard
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Wed 27 May - 20:44:04

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Of we get rid of Blatter only to end up with Platini I feel like we won't be any better off.

Why do you think "we would get Platini"? Even if so, it would be a tremendous improvement.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed 27 May - 21:11:33

Platini is every bit in bed with the Qatar bid as Blatter. His son works for some Qatari company and he negotiated some agreement between PSG and Sarkozy Laughing do you really see him changing anything?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed 27 May - 21:14:57

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Platini is every bit in bed with the Qatar bid as Blatter. His son works for some Qatari company and he negotiated some agreement between PSG and Sarkozy  Laughing do you really see him changing anything?
That's not what happened.  Colony Capital, who owned PSG, was mostly funded by QIA.  Colony was squeezing PSG for money because they were no longer interested in football (they're a US investment firm).  Platini, as the head of UEFA, did not want a main European capital like Paris to have no football teams since PSG is the only Ligue 1 team for the city of Paris.  Sarkozy, who was the French president back then, did not want it either.  So Platini and Sarkozy approached QIA to buy out PSG from Colony Capital since they were the major existing limited partner anyhow... and they agreed to do it. They only paid $20 million or something like that to buy out Colony Capital.

It was the best solution all around.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed 27 May - 21:20:29

FIFA Investigation and Elections Thread - Page 6 11074185_1448442988529246_9173362513743751364_n
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed 27 May - 21:40:17

lol that does crack me up
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed 27 May - 22:41:30

MURICA :bow:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed 27 May - 22:42:22

sportsczy wrote:
For those saying that the US shouldn't get the WCs... we're the ones spending the resources (millions) and taking the initiative to take down the corruption. We have every right to take a WC. Since no international body had the cojones to do it and US taxpayers are footing the bill, it's the right thing too. As an American, i would demand that a WC be hosted here so that we recover the cost of doing this.

Couldn't agree more.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Pseudo Wed 27 May - 22:42:55

They're never getting Blatter.
Pseudo
Pseudo
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Wed 27 May - 23:02:12

As someone who would love the WC in Australia in 2022, i wouldn't have any issues USA taking it if they can nail Blatter. Personally i think they should get 2018 and strip the corrupt Russia as well, then give us 2022 :coffee:
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed 27 May - 23:08:12

sportsczy wrote:That's not what happened.  Colony Capital, who owned PSG, was mostly funded by QIA.  Colony was squeezing PSG for money because they were no longer interested in football (they're a US investment firm).  Platini, as the head of UEFA, did not want a main European capital like Paris to have no football teams since PSG is the only Ligue 1 team for the city of Paris.  Sarkozy, who was the French president back then, did not want it either.  So Platini and Sarkozy approached QIA to buy out PSG from Colony Capital since they were the major existing limited partner anyhow... and they agreed to do it. They only paid $20 million or something like that to buy out Colony Capital.

It was the best solution all around.

Be that as it may, his son still works there and if he arranged that deal for his son then he probably got something on the side as well. Platini would represent a continuation of the Blatter regime rather than a change.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed 27 May - 23:25:14

The country that would be most prepared to handle the WC in 2018 given the short timeframe would be France since it's hosting Euro 2016. I think the UK could do it easily too.

Personally, i'd like a country who is struggling and needs an economic boost to get it. Spain would be my pick or Italy... but i don't think they have the infrastructure needed.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed 27 May - 23:27:06

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Be that as it may, ]his son still works there[/url] and if he arranged that deal for his son then he probably got something on the side as well. Platini would represent a continuation of the Blatter regime rather than a change.

I don't think he had to arrange anything tbh. All his son had to do was put his name "Platini" on the CV and make sure to mention he's Michel's son on his cover letter... that would get him in the door all by itself.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed 27 May - 23:43:58

mr-r34 wrote:As someone who would love the WC in Australia in 2022, i wouldn't have any issues USA taking it if they can nail Blatter. Personally i think they should get 2018 and strip the corrupt Russia as well, then give us 2022 :coffee:

lol do you want a war.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Wed 27 May - 23:46:06

FIFA Investigation and Elections Thread - Page 6 ZF0Vuq2
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu 28 May - 0:21:06

FIFA Frantically Announces 2015 Summer World Cup In United States
Global Soccer Tournament To Kick Off In America Later This Afternoon

http://www.theonion.com/article/fifa-frantically-announces-2015-summer-world-cup-u-50525
The Onion on point again. rofl

I don't think the FBI's investigations will have much impact on the 2018 and 2022 WC bids, to be honest. It sounds as though they're look at much earlier events, from the 1990s up to 2010 or 2011, ironically including the 1994 WC hosted in the United States itself (when the nation had no real recognizable professional league, let's remember). On the other hand, the Swiss investigation that has been announced, and any other subsequent investigations may very well build upon the evidence already uncovered by the FBI and any testimony they receive from the current individuals in custody to examine more modern events...
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Thu 28 May - 0:37:18

Perucho21 wrote:FIFA Investigation and Elections Thread - Page 6 ZF0Vuq2

:bow: rofl
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Thu 28 May - 1:42:16

sportsczy wrote:The country that would be most prepared to handle the WC in 2018 given the short timeframe would be France since it's hosting Euro 2016. I think the UK could do it easily too.

Personally, i'd like a country who is struggling and needs an economic boost to get it. Spain would be my pick or Italy... but i don't think they have the infrastructure needed.

As long as Fifa changes it's rules to make sure the country get's the most financial benefits rather than Fifa just getting all the money.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu 28 May - 2:00:22

mr-r34 wrote:
sportsczy wrote:The country that would be most prepared to handle the WC in 2018 given the short timeframe would be France since it's hosting Euro 2016.  I think the UK could do it easily too.

Personally, i'd like a country who is struggling and needs an economic boost to get it.  Spain would be my pick or Italy... but i don't think they have the infrastructure needed.

As long as Fifa changes it's rules to make sure the country get's the most financial benefits rather than Fifa just getting all the money.
FIFA, IOC, NFL, NCAA, etc. aren't there to benefit the public as the their primary objective...  they are there to benefit their league and sport.  So there's nothing wrong with the way things are set up financially. It's normal and acceptable.

The influx of tourists and the marketing for the host country should generate plenty of extra revenue for the host country if organized properly.  That's why there's so much competition to host this event.  I know France made a killing in 1998.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu 28 May - 2:05:14

I was gonna say we couldn't atm because of the mass work going on around the London Bridge train station already causes travel problems as is.

But yeah in 2018 that wouldn't be relevant and that aside we would be good to go, hell we would probably find a way around that as is.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next