kiranr
pUsHa
RedOranje
Potential
Grande_Milano
82 posters

Page 7 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Go down

FIFA Investigation and Elections Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: FIFA Investigation and Elections Thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu May 28, 2015 1:05 am

I was gonna say we couldn't atm because of the mass work going on around the London Bridge train station already causes travel problems as is.

But yeah in 2018 that wouldn't be relevant and that aside we would be good to go, hell we would probably find a way around that as is.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

FIFA Investigation and Elections Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: FIFA Investigation and Elections Thread

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu May 28, 2015 1:14 am

http://cdn01.ib.infobae.com/adjuntos/162/imagenes/012/715/0012715729.jpg

Uhh did I miss the 2013 Copa America or did Argentina win and I got so wasted that I forgot it?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu May 28, 2015 2:18 am

Just give any WC or Euros outstanding to Germany, let's think back to 2006 and you all have to admit it was awesome, if not the results.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu May 28, 2015 3:33 am

http://images.businessweek.com/bloomberg/pdfs/FIFAindictment.pdf

Full indictment
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu May 28, 2015 5:25 am

RealGunner wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Freeza wrote:Is this the least surprising case of corruption in history?

Nah that's for Florentino Perez and La Liga. /Harmonica.

Banderas.gif

FIFA Investigation and Elections Thread - Page 7 855
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu May 28, 2015 5:33 am

hmm

Maybe the UEFA should join up with CONMEBOL and tell FIFA bye-bye. Maybe covince USA and Australia to join in right away and then set up their own joint UEFACONUS Cup for 2018, 2022 and following.

If the European and South American countries don't join a FIFA World Cup anymore, the FIFA can pretty much forget their tournament. And when that coup goes through, one can still invite whoever of the other countries want to join the new Football World Union. Let's set up a new world order! Mwuahahahaha!
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Thu May 28, 2015 6:31 am

sportsczy wrote:
mr-r34 wrote:
sportsczy wrote:The country that would be most prepared to handle the WC in 2018 given the short timeframe would be France since it's hosting Euro 2016.  I think the UK could do it easily too.

Personally, i'd like a country who is struggling and needs an economic boost to get it.  Spain would be my pick or Italy... but i don't think they have the infrastructure needed.

As long as Fifa changes it's rules to make sure the country get's the most financial benefits rather than Fifa just getting all the money.
FIFA, IOC, NFL, NCAA, etc. aren't there to benefit the public as the their primary objective...  they are there to benefit their league and sport.  So there's nothing wrong with the way things are set up financially. It's normal and acceptable.

The influx of tourists and the marketing for the host country should generate plenty of extra revenue for the host country if organized properly.  That's why there's so much competition to host this event.  I know France made a killing in 1998.

How's a Tax exemption fair to a host country? I'm sure the NFL, NCAA and all pay taxes, FIFA is just a bully, they have every right to earn money, but not in unfair circumstances.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu May 28, 2015 6:56 am

rwo power wrote:hmm

Maybe the UEFA should join up with CONMEBOL and tell FIFA bye-bye. Maybe covince USA and Australia to join in right away and then set up their own joint UEFACONUS Cup for 2018, 2022 and following.

If the European and South American countries don't join a FIFA World Cup anymore, the FIFA can pretty much forget their tournament. And when that coup goes through, one can still invite whoever of the other countries want to join the new Football World Union. Let's set up a new world order! Mwuahahahaha!

How will Russia feel about leaving FIFA and setting up a different 2018 tournament apart from the WC... hmm
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu May 28, 2015 7:31 am

I don't think anyone needs to leave FIFA, a common and global governing body for football is a must, imo, and FIFA are basically doing their job well, apart from probably corrupted WC bidding process. But generally speaking the quality of FIFA's work is fine. They just need to a) get rid of corrupted people and b) change the organization so that taking bribes won't be as easy as it's been. If the organizational structure doesn't change, we are just going to have more corruption with new people somewhere down the line, because as the FIFA is now, it makes taking bribes too easy. That's the problem, not FIFA as a concept or the work it does.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu May 28, 2015 10:15 am

RedOranje wrote:How will Russia feel about leaving FIFA and setting up a different 2018 tournament apart from the WC... hmm
They would only need to change the logo and woulöd probably even get taxes from the new organisation. :coffee:

@Art Morte: Oh please, let me keep my fresh ideas to obtain world domination! FIFA need to throw out all the ancient mummies and Emperor Blatterine and start some reforms that block all the corruption - as it is now it is unbearable.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu May 28, 2015 10:44 am

FIFA Investigation and Elections Thread - Page 7 Fifafu10
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu May 28, 2015 11:40 am

VivaStPauli wrote:Just give any WC or Euros outstanding to Germany, let's think back to 2006 and you all have to admit it was awesome, if not the results.

What the shit when did I write this? How wasted was I?

That being said, I agree with my drunk self. That guy's right.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu May 28, 2015 12:48 pm

ive seen elections in Africa that are less corrupt than fifa. and blatter has the front to still try for another term.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

FIFA Investigation and Elections Thread - Page 7 Empty Fifa: Sepp Blatter under pressure amid arrests and World Cup inquiry

Post by sree999 Thu May 28, 2015 2:47 pm

http://www.theguardian.com/football/live/2015/may/28/fifa-crisis-live-blatter-under-pressure-amid-arrests-and-world-cup-inquiry#comments banana
sree999
sree999
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul.™ Thu May 28, 2015 3:27 pm

I saw this on the news .

Word is SA bribed FIFA a few million (106 I think) rand to host the 2010 World Cup .
Paul.™
Paul.™
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu May 28, 2015 3:30 pm

Well, as I mentioned somewhere earlier - I bet about every country who wanted to host the World Cup (at least since Blatter's reign, but likely even longer) very likely will have had to bribe the FIFA with substantial amounts. They are greedy enough that they wouldn't have ignored such a nice & easy source of income. Tax-free, too. :coffee:
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by sree999 Thu May 28, 2015 3:52 pm

Russian president Vladimir Putin accuses the US of trying to extend its jurisdiction through the Fifa bribery scandal. He voices his support for the Fifa president, although he believes the corruption investigations are an ‘obvious attempt’ to prevent Sepp Blatter from being re-elected.
sree999
sree999
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu May 28, 2015 3:55 pm

MR BOND wrote:ive seen elections in Africa that are less corrupt than fifa. and blatter has the front to still try for another term.
FIFA are so corrupt even the Swiss are going after them Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu May 28, 2015 4:15 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
MR BOND wrote:ive seen elections in Africa that are less corrupt than fifa. and blatter has the front to still try for another term.
FIFA are so corrupt even the Swiss are going after them Laughing
Laughing Laughing
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu May 28, 2015 4:29 pm

Let's hope UEFA boycotts FIFA if Blatte remains. CONCACAF will surely follow as well.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu May 28, 2015 4:30 pm

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/L-uefa-pourrait-sortir-de-la-fifa/562210

Yeah. Platini said the UEFA could very well exit FIFA if Blatter remains as president. It's his political way of saying that UEFA will exit FIFA.

I think FIFA is going to implode personally and UEFA as well as others would do well to work on alternatives.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Thu May 28, 2015 5:20 pm

FIFA Investigation and Elections Thread - Page 7 10441055_10152940698258869_5255655702516259341_n
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu May 28, 2015 5:23 pm

Where is your transfer ban now, corrupt FIFA lads?!

Proud

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu May 28, 2015 5:42 pm

Anyone else got the impression that this has a cold war proxy war feel to it?

Wonder if the FBI would have decided to go after the corruption of FIFA if the next WC wasn't in Russia hmm
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu May 28, 2015 6:26 pm

Social Media responds to FIFA Scandal

Some of those are absolute gold Laughing
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu May 28, 2015 6:58 pm

Don't call me James wrote:
RealGunner wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

Nah that's for Florentino Perez and La Liga. /Harmonica.

Banderas.gif

FIFA Investigation and Elections Thread - Page 7 855

rofl
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next