El Chelsea Fuerte
Lord Awesome
VanDeezNuts
Sushi Master
pUsHa
Zealous
13 posters

Go down

Mercenaries: "City have deceived us." Empty Mercenaries: "City have deceived us."

Post by Zealous Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:47 am

Nasri and Clichy left Arsenal citing their need to reach the final stages of big tournaments and winning. (While they'll probably win the league it's funny that they've been regulated to Europa league duty eco smile.

Aguero wanted to leave Atleti to play in the Champions league. He may as well have stayed in Madrid eco smile
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Mercenaries: "City have deceived us." Empty Re: Mercenaries: "City have deceived us."

Post by pUsHa Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:48 am

Clichy and Nasri left to win the EPL at least , since that is something Arsenal wont be winning for years to come Laughing
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Mercenaries: "City have deceived us." Empty Re: Mercenaries: "City have deceived us."

Post by Guest Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:49 am

I don't understand making fun of City tbh

They are absolutely ripping the league apart, breaking record after record and got drawn in a ridiculously tough European group.

IMO, the fact that Mancini played his 2nd string fullbacks in all CL games clearly showed he prioritizes PL.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:50 am

Sepi wrote:I don't understand making fun of City tbh

They are absolutely ripping the league apart, breaking record after record and got drawn in a ridiculously tough European group.

IMO, the fact that Mancini played his 2nd string fullbacks in all CL games clearly showed he prioritizes PL.
Didn't know Richards, Clichy, Zabaleta and Kolarov are considered 2nd string.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:51 am

ya their draw was very unfortunate.

does anyone recall the pot breakdown which team was in which pot for group a?

bayern -pot 1

was villareal 2?

then i kinda forgot i thought napoli was 3 manc 4?

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:53 am

City's Backline

Richards/Zabaleta-Kompany-Toure-Kolarov. :coffee:
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:53 am

When Nasri said he left because he wanted to win trophies, no one believed him and said he left because he was after the money

Now people want to believe he left for trophies so that they can poke fun at him...

#justsaying

And anyways, Nasri has a very, very good chance of winning the PL and is almost guaranteed a CL spot for next year.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:31 am

Also almost guaranteed a spot on the bench Razz.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:47 am

I don't see why City don't deserve to have shots taken at them; if they want to be a big club that's part of the job description. When Madrid, United and Milan fail, we all expect the same. Fans just need to grit their teeth and go along with it. I don't say this because I dislike them, far from it, however it's only fair and it's not even much of a cheap shot, it's simply healthy banter.

Deezy, I think Napoli were Pot 4 and City Pot 3 from memory. This was Napoli's first Champions League campaign as well, so City can't wear this failure as simply a matter of experience, however as long as they continue to work with the same team and allow what is an extremely strong core to grow together they'll be a very strong force for the future.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanni10 Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:13 am

What bugs me about Nasri is his lack of heart and I would consider him a mercenary out of all those players. Last night after the final whistle the players on the pitch were looking rather dejected but, Nasri was all smiles and cracking jokes with Bayern's Olic.. To me that just looks like you couldn't care less
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

http://newsfromthelogcabin.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:43 am

Sepi wrote:I don't understand making fun of City tbh

If City aspire to be a big club, become expected to win games and then fail, they will be criticised. Whether it's meaningful or just cheap shots doesn't matter. The big clubs and their fans have to take this on the chin and just keep going, there's no sympathy out there. Whenever Milan lose, we get some rubbish about 'old legs' and being a 'retirement home', so consider City's version of this being a club of 'lavishly well-paid, ruthless mercenaries'. It is irrelevant how well they are doing in the league, they lost and they'll cop flak from everyone anyway. That's just how it is and honestly, it's probably more interesting like this.
Thumbs up
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:11 pm

Still 5 points clear in the leauge..

Arsenal not realistically looking like winning the CL.....

Still a reasonable decision.

But it would be stupid to not make fun of them
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:18 pm

This thread makes no sense.

The thread says Aguero should have stayed in Madrid? Correct me if I'm wrong but are Atletico in the CL? Did Aguero not play in the CL this year, would he have done that with Atletico?

Also, it's a very strong possibility that City at a minimum win 2 trophies this year one being the EPL which all the EPL fans that like to kill City want us to believe is the hardest league in the world.

They are in the semi's of the Carling cup and knocking on the door in the FA cup plus if they take the Europa league seriously then who knows.

Anyone who has watched football for any amount of time knows that the CL takes some getting used to and you don't take a team that is still being formed and just entered the CL for the first time in decades and win the tournamnet or progress really far, history will tell you that over and over again.

Not to mention anyone making fun of City right now would not want there team in the group City were in. Hell, I'm a Barca fan and I would want no part in that group. Yes they should have advanced but not doing so is nothing to be ashamed of.,
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:22 pm

I said I thought it was funny. I never said it was the wrong decision or that they should leave City.

These guys wanted bigger and better things. Now, in Europe at least their back where they started when they forced their way out of their old clubs.

A coincidence I found funny, no need act bewildered and confused. It's clear what this thread is about eco smile

Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:31 pm

Thread description win
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down