Abramovich
El Chelsea Fuerte
Kick
Blue
iNFINITY9910
22 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Chelsea Youth & Reserves thread - Page 31 Empty Re: Chelsea Youth & Reserves thread

Post by Shed Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:18 am

Think we rate our own players far higher than they actually are. And only naturally, I suppose.

But it would seem a pretty big risk to want to take when things aren't exactly horrible as they are right now at all.

Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Chelsea Youth & Reserves thread - Page 31 Empty Re: Chelsea Youth & Reserves thread

Post by Kick Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:22 am

Why would Bertrand be playing?

Also, Ake would be better off playing LB or DM.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:28 am

Kick wrote:Why would Bertrand be playing?

Also, Ake would be better off playing LB or DM.

It was a hasty not not much thought of XI tbh. Point is we have a good enough youth team and can buy top young players to create a team that can compete.

Shed wrote:Think we rate our own players far higher than they actually are. And only naturally, I suppose.

But it would seem a pretty big risk to want to take when things aren't exactly horrible as they are right now at all.

Meh we will never know in its current format.

Until we have someone else beside Terry on the team from our youth team then i am going to say current system is horrible. But i guess it could be worse.

Last edited by Blue on Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:30 am

One thing Barca does, is buy experienced players to fill the roles which they do not have young players for.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:32 am

If we'd be having to buy overseas talent to keep the side afloat in the higher FL divisions, that only further diminishes its effectiveness, as it would only take it even farther off course from what's meant to be its main purpose - raising and bringing through local English players from childhood to, ideally, the first team.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:35 am

Blue wrote:
Shed wrote:Think we rate our own players far higher than they actually are. And only naturally, I suppose.

Meh we will never know in its current format.

Until we have someone else beside Terry on the team from our youth team then i am going to say current system is horrible. But i guess it could be worse.

That's assuming A.) that the problem IS with the youth side and the quality of the players in it and not the desire from the first team and its management to bring them up, and B.) that a B team would somehow make that happening any more likely.

Which, for me, are two flawed if not outright incorrect assumptions on your part.

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:03 am

Shed wrote:In other news — England U19s demolish Luxembourg 8-0 today with Charlie Colkett on the scoresheet once and Ruben Loftus-Cheek twice Thumbs up

Highlights of that match.

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:15 am

Chelsea Youth & Reserves thread - Page 31 EmptyInsecureIndianpalmsquirrel
-

Brilliant. GIF of all the U19s' 12 goals against Aston Villa on Saturday.

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:03 am

Makes the GK look woeful Laughing
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:55 am

Full highlights of the U18s' 12-2 win over Aston Villa.
-

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:56 am

Mourinho on his desire to bring through youth players both for the club and his own legacy as a manager, the quality of them we have, and the importance of English ones:

“Me, their entourage, players, their agents, people around them. But from my point of view as a manager and a coach I think they must be Chelsea players.”

“One of the things that stays forever in a manager’s career is the kids that become great. And you were the guy that put him in. That is forever. Varane with me when he was 18 [at Real]. Santon when he was 17 [at Inter]. His second game was against Man Utd in the Champions League. Carlos Alberto scored in a Champions League final, aged 18. These things stay forever. And I don’t believe there isn’t one manager in the football world that doesn’t want to have this.”

“Nathan Ake, Kurt Zouma, Andreas Christensen, Lewis Baker, Brown: we have a group of kids, I’m not afraid to play them. But at the same time we want to protect the player.”

“It should be a moral commitment between the clubs and the country. I feel committed. Nobody is telling me we have a rule where we have to play five English players. But I feel, the difference in quality in the players we have now and the ones we had in 2004 is an amazing difference.”

“So we have the material, and we work a lot – give a lot of thought – to what they have to do to become first-team players. Chelsea have in this moment a group of kids who will be Chelsea players. And the English ones: the moment they become Chelsea players they become an option for England.”

— via the Telegraph
-
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:34 am

Chelsea Youth & Reserves thread - Page 31 Tumblr_ndn7hvlvfy1qhfgjbo1_500

Dom Solanke with the first team at Selhurst today Proud
-

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:47 am

John Terry proud of academy talent Dominic Solanke after youngster makes Chelsea debut:
Chelsea skipper John Terry has revealed his pride in youngster Dominic Solanke
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/406512/John-Terry-Dominic-Solanke-Chelsea-debut

"I’m really proud of Dom."

He’s a great young prospect at the club, an Academy boy. He’s been here since the age of seven and come through."

"It sets a precedent for the younger players and now they believe they can get an opportunity if they’re good enough and work hard enough."

"It’s not only good for Dom, the effect it will have throughout the Academy will be excellent."

Proud
-
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:38 am

Proud
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:56 am

Teenager Dominic Solanke, who made his debut off the bench on Tuesday, will be part of the match-day squad.

But he is more likely to start at League Two Shrewsbury in the Capital One Cup on Tuesday, with Drogba being protected in case Remy and Costa remain out for a protracted period.

— via the Mirror
-
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:57 am

Actually would be the perfect game for him.

Would love to see it happen.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:02 am

Yeah, I would love to see him start in the COC.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:31 pm

Mukhtar Ali Has signed his first professional contract with us.

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2014/10/31/7137825/chelsea-fc-youth-academy-mukhtar-ali-professional-contract-happy-birthday

Congrats!
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:54 pm

Thumbs up
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:46 am

Chelsea Youth & Reserves thread - Page 31 B1Ssrx2IIAAbmw6

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:36 am

John Terry's daughter Summer signs for Chelsea's Under-9 side, scores on debut:
Summer Terry, daughter of Chelsea captain John Terry, has signed for the Blues' Under-9s side, and scored on her debut in a 12-2 win
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/john-terrys-daughter-summer-signs-4556986
-

Chelsea Youth & Reserves thread - Page 31 KCspDAd
-

Molenation
-
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:44 am

Jordan Houghton has re-signed with the blues.
http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2014/11/3/7151541/england-u20-international-and-chelsea-prospect-jordan-houghton-signs
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:49 am

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:00 am

Chelsea Youth & Reserves thread - Page 31 DeterminedCanineHornedtoad
-

Nice goal from Charlie Colkett in Wednesday's 7-0 demolition of Maribor.

Will get some full highlights up when I get them.

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:07 am

In fact, here it is.
-

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:46 pm

Elland Road date in FA Youth Cup:
Our defence of the FA Youth Cup will begin with a tie away to Leeds United
http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2014/11/elland-road-date-in-fa-youth-cup.html

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next