Has Neuer overtaken C.Ronaldo as the 2nd best player in the world?

+12
milanfan7
BestInTheWorld
BiasedMilanFan3
julias
EarlyPrototype
teamanarchy
Senor Penguin
LeSwagg James
rwo power
S
Lord Hades
The Messiah
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Has Neuer overtaken C.Ronaldo as the 2nd best player in the world? Empty Has Neuer overtaken C.Ronaldo as the 2nd best player in the world?

Post by The Messiah Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:26 am

Kaiser described him as the Messi of Goalkeeper and as we all know; Messi is miles ahead of any outfield player in the world, so why not look at the best goalkeeper in the world to see if his ability evens that of Messi in terms of judging them based on their position ability.

In any case I'm of the opinion that Messi is better than Neuer, but if you are among those that appreciate Goalkeepers like myself, then I think you might share my opinion that Neuer is also in line for players who can be considered as 2nd best player in the world.

Goalkeepers are heavily under-rated or overlooked.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Has Neuer overtaken C.Ronaldo as the 2nd best player in the world? Empty Re: Has Neuer overtaken C.Ronaldo as the 2nd best player in the world?

Post by Lord Hades Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:29 am

messi of goal keepers was born on 20 may 1981, champ
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Has Neuer overtaken C.Ronaldo as the 2nd best player in the world? Empty Re: Has Neuer overtaken C.Ronaldo as the 2nd best player in the world?

Post by The Messiah Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:32 am

diptiman wrote:messi of goal keepers was born on 20 may 1981, champ

Is that not a bit disgraceful for a legendary world cup winning goalkeeper.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:34 am

Idrisozet wrote:
diptiman wrote:messi of goal keepers was born on 20 may 1981, champ

Is that not a bit disgraceful for a legendary world cup winning goalkeeper.

what,being called the messi of goal - keepers? why would that be disgraceful..
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:38 am

NO.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:39 am

Don't know If I want Kahn or Buffon to be called Messi of goalkeeper and usually I will not call Casillas that just as sign of respect.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:44 am

I think it is very difficult to compare "best ofs" in the first place and a "best of" between goalkeepers and outfield players is even more difficult. Hence I think that there should finally be a proper "Golden Glove" accompanying the "Golden Ball" just like it is done at the World Cup with the Yashin award.

I think comparing Neuer with the likes of Messi and CRonaldo is comparing apples and oranges as they have completely different job specifications. I mean - put Messi in goal, and I doubt he'd get any recognition as it is a completely different thing, just as I can't see Neuer dance dribbling through defensive lines. Very Happy
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:53 am

rwo power wrote:I think it is very difficult to compare "best ofs" in the first place and a "best of" between goalkeepers and outfield players is even more difficult. Hence I think that there should finally be a proper "Golden Glove" accompanying the "Golden Ball" just like it is done at the World Cup with the Yashin award.

I think comparing Neuer with the likes of Messi and CRonaldo is comparing apples and oranges as they have completely different job specifications. I mean - put Messi in goal, and I doubt he'd get any recognition as it is a completely different thing, just as I can't see Neuer dance dribbling through defensive lines. Very Happy

But how would you rate them in their respective position from 1 to 10, 1 representing lowest and 10 representing highest.

Messi: 9

Neuer: 7.5

C.Ronaldo: 7

Those are my rating base on how good they are in their position
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:07 am

Well, Neuer has great potential, but this half-season he made some avoidable mistakes. I guess currently your 7.5 rating is not too far off the mark. Neuer delivers under pressure and both in club and NT, so he is for sure pretty much on top in his position, but there is still room for improvement.

I think CRonaldo really suffers in big games as he rarely delivers in the Portuguese NT and his performance in the Real-Barca matches was below his actually abilities, too, showing he might have a mentality problem there. Seeing that CRonaldo dips in form where it counts while Neuer doesn't, Neuer should indeed be ranked before CRonaldo in that respect.

I would actually slash a 0.5 from Messi due to his lack to perform as well in the Argentinian NT. Yes, the Argentinian NT has different players than Barca, but on the other hand, in the Germany-Argentina matches it was pretty much possible to neutralise Messi rather easily (while teams that play against him with Barca usually don't succeeed there at all), but it shows that even a Messi is just human after all.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:15 am

rwo power wrote:Well, Neuer has great potential, but this half-season he made some avoidable mistakes. I guess currently your 7.5 rating is not too far off the mark. Neuer delivers under pressure and both in club and NT, so he is for sure pretty much on top in his position, but there is still room for improvement.

I think CRonaldo really suffers in big games as he rarely delivers in the Portuguese NT and his performance in the Real-Barca matches was below his actually abilities, too, showing he might have a mentality problem there. Seeing that CRonaldo dips in form where it counts while Neuer doesn't, Neuer should indeed be ranked before CRonaldo in that respect.

I would actually slash a 0.5 from Messi due to his lack to perform as well in the Argentinian NT. Yes, the Argentinian NT has different players than Barca, but on the other hand, in the Germany-Argentina matches it was pretty much possible to neutralise Messi rather easily (while teams that play against him with Barca usually don't succeeed there at all), but it shows that even a Messi is just human after all.

Respect...

So in other word Messi is not the best National team player in the world, Maybe the world best National team player is between Neuer, Schweinsteiger, Iniesta and Xavi.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:24 am

Outfield players will always have a higher ceiling than Goalkeepers.

So for me Xavi is the 2nd best player in the world followed by Iniesta and Ronaldo.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:33 am

Goalkeepers get to use 4 limbs, outfield players two...... Thus outfield players > goalkeepers

:dance:
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:35 am

Swagg_Johnson wrote:Goalkeepers get to use 4 limbs, outfield players two...... Thus outfield players > goalkeepers
You can easily turn that around - goalkeepers are able to coordinate 4 limbs perfectly, outfield players not so well (need I say hand penalties Razz), so goalkeepers > outfield players banana
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:03 am

Surag.Blueguy wrote:Outfield players will always have a higher ceiling than Goalkeepers.

So for me Xavi is the 2nd best player in the world followed by Iniesta and Ronaldo.
I can agree that the Deceived One > Neuer. But Iniesta? I don't get it.

I think people rate him too highly. But then again ... people rate Biscuits as the best DM in the world. Biscuits makes Iniesta pale in comparison when it comes to hype.

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:10 am

Surag.Blueguy wrote:Outfield players will always have a higher ceiling than Goalkeepers.
Is that so? As I mentioned before - I would prefer to see GKs not really compared to outfield players in the first place as they have different job descriptions and thus need different strengths. Except for a certain Suarez from Uruguay, no one really needs shot-topping abilities with the hands in an outfield player, for example, while outdribbling defenders isn't exactly needed for a GK. I would really prefer to have a separate award for GKs. Coaches have their own award too, after all. Very Happy
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:25 am

I agree, Neuer is probably number 2 to Messi.
In fact I have a lovely quote from Neuer:
"God told me to play football"
then Casillas said:
"No, I didn't"
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

https://www.facebook.com/#!/ks16152913

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:27 am

I believe Van Buyten is the 2nd best in the world.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:33 am

EarlyPrototype wrote:I believe Van Buyten is the 2nd best in the world.

I couldn't stop laughing...

But, come on. Be serious man, how do you rate Van Buyten so highly.

The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:03 am

Sarcasm*
it's not for everyone...
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:05 am

teamanarchy wrote:Sarcasm*
it's not for everyone...

Funny how some people can't figure out when two people dont take each others post seriously.

Sarcasm is really not for everyone
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:09 am

Idrisozet wrote:

teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:11 am

teamanarchy wrote:
Idrisozet wrote:

So you haven't still be able to figure out the humour in my post.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by julias Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:18 am

Nah
No No No
No No No No
não
Nein pas

Very Happy
julias
julias
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:24 am

Idrisozet... no. It just hasn't registered.
Is English your mother tongue?
Or it lost in textual translation...
Humour is a complicated thing
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:34 am

teamanarchy wrote:Idrisozet... no. It just hasn't registered.
Is English your mother tongue?
Or it lost in textual translation...
Humour is a complicated thing

Well. I might not be the best English student around, while I also clearly play around most of the time but I do understand that humour can mean the quality of being funny. Also called sense of Humour, the ability to appreciate or express that which is humorous or a situation speech(like in this scenario).

Let me ask you a question, Mr English Teacher. Do you have the ability to distinguish from what it takes to respond to a statement from what it takes to react to a statement..?
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next