Raptorgunner
julias
Gil
aleumdance
Dnmac4
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

EPL Players partied there ass off last nite - Page 2 Empty Re: EPL Players partied there ass off last nite

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:20 pm

Ashley Cole has only 2 less assists than Nasri but he is considered past it or on a huge decline.....

Yes i know its not his job to provide assists but still......

As i have said many times stats like like assist counts or goal counts dont paint the full picture.....

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

EPL Players partied there ass off last nite - Page 2 Empty Re: EPL Players partied there ass off last nite

Post by julias Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:32 pm

dnmac4 wrote:
julias wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:LOL, your putting the blame on Yaya for that goal? They do have 4 defenders and a keeper you know?

Wow, some of the witch hunt's on here are hilarious at times. It didn't even cross my mind to blame one person for that goal.

Also, I'm sure the whole team was gassed in the 93rd minute on New Years day, that was kind of the whole point of the post.

notice how I blamed the City midfield aside from Barry and yes I also blame Yaya seeing as when Silva came on he became the deepest midfielder

I actually watched the game dunno about you

Actually, yes I did notice that hence I wasn't talking to you.

I guess you must think your a really important guy but when I call it a witch hunt against Yaya and you didn't blame him I don't know how you could think I was responding to your post?

I said, "wow your putting the blame on Yaya" and you didn't so again I don't really know where you get off thinking I was speaking to you.

And the post was about the game so obviously I did watch it. I am so tired of people saying others didn't watch the game especially when this is a football forum and it's the only game on TV. IT's just lazy to say that.

lol
julias
julias
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:48 pm

dnmac4 wrote:Also, this was a post about the EPL playing on New Years day and not having a break, what's with all the EPL fans turning it into a City post?

Talk about going off topic.

You want off-topic?
https://goallegacy.forumotion.com/t10993-so-i-watched-the-tape-pele-was-supposed-to-send-to-messi?highlight=pele+eterno
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:09 pm

dnmac4 wrote:Also, this was a post about the EPL playing on New Years day and not having a break, what's with all the EPL fans turning it into a City post?

Back on topic:

Even if the players were tired/unfocused/hung over, it was still football. I'll take hung-over football over no football any day. Having games over the holidays is wonderful as a supporter. I'm sure it's difficult for the players, but many other leagues do it. Look at the NFL, NBA and NHL. They all play over holidays. It's tough, but it's one of the many reasons they are so highly paid.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:21 pm

aleumdance wrote:lol, its english tradition..

they play football during winter breaks,, foriegn players are highly paid for a reason

this has been going on for past 100 years

That's a stupid reason to keep things as they are though. A break would benefit the EPL, it would give their players more fitness, not only for the EPL but also for international competitions, which would certainly boost England's performance at the Euros and WC.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:44 pm

donttreadonred wrote:

Back on topic:

Even if the players were tired/unfocused/hung over, it was still football. I'll take hung-over football over no football any day. Having games over the holidays is wonderful as a supporter. I'm sure it's difficult for the players, but many other leagues do it. Look at the NFL, NBA and NHL. They all play over holidays. It's tough, but it's one of the many reasons they are so highly paid.

But what about long term.

As a supporter, wouldnt you like to watch your players playing higher level of football later on into the season instead of running on fumes?

Being highly paid dont mean squat..money doesnt stop lactic acid build up.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:40 am

In the long term, I would prefer that my players acted responsibly and did not go out partying on the night before a game. It's not too much to ask of an employee to forgo one night of enjoyment for the better of the team. They can drink the night after the game.

If you are referring to the sheer clutter of the schedule and the fact that the PL doesn't have a several weak break in the season, that is simply a part of the game in England. You may not like that reason, but it's one example of why the English league is very popular. It's a very demanding league. I personally like that the season boils down to which teams can perform, even after a long and arduous campaign. It's one long marathon; not a series of sprints.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:45 am

Raptorgunner wrote:Some Quotes from Man city fans lol.
What a *bleep* shambles that shite was... Absolutley shite! Worst performance of the season, nothing was there, nothing was going to happen. £250,000 a week wages? Your having a *bleep* laugh. Sunderland deserved it and that's that. Yaya Toure... get to Africa as soon as pal.
I don't usually like to slate any of our players, but Yaya, that was *bleep* piss poor on that last play.

We lost because of you. Walking back after aguero's miss is a *bleep* let down in my eye.

I don't care if you've had a bad game, but if you don't give 100% on every play then you can *bleep* off.

whats up with the site it keeps crashing
Chaka
What a *bleep* Shambles that really was! It's been coming after the quality of our last few games. The team needs a kick up the arse A.S.A.P. Yaya Toure... the sooner he *bleep* off the africa the better. People are moaning about Dzeko, but Yaya was the worst player on the pitch. Touch like an injured Rhino and coulden't complete 1 pass today. Every time I saw him he gave it a away. *bleep* shite. Well deserved Sunderland.

So they want Yaya to *bleep* off to Africa after one poor game, even though he was one of their best players all season? :facepalm:
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:18 am

donttreadonred wrote:In the long term, I would prefer that my players acted responsibly and did not go out partying on the night before a game. It's not too much to ask of an employee to forgo one night of enjoyment for the better of the team. They can drink the night after the game.

If you are referring to the sheer clutter of the schedule and the fact that the PL doesn't have a several weak break in the season, that is simply a part of the game in England. You may not like that reason, but it's one example of why the English league is very popular. It's a very demanding league. I personally like that the season boils down to which teams can perform, even after a long and arduous campaign. It's one long marathon; not a series of sprints.

Kind of unrealistic imo. They love football, but it is their job, not everyone is going to sacrifce their lives for it. Going out on NYE is a normal thing, they want to do that too.

As for the second paragraph, that applies to all leagues. They are all marathons, it always boils down to who can perform during long tiring seasons.

EPL populalarity ist going to change because they have a few weeks off, everyone knows that. England are stuck in tradition even if it makes no sense anymore.

Players running on fumes and picking up injuries isnt positive in any way for anyone.

EPL is already the most demanding league physically, not having a break like the rest of Europe is baffling.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NiallQuinnsdiscoPants Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:26 pm

TBH I doubt that many players would have bothered celebrating the new year that much.

Just look at what happened to Rooney for eating a Christmas dinner.

Arry cancelled spurs Christmas party so the players would be fine for the busy Christmas period.

Any players out partying would have their pictures all over the newspapers, you know what our tabloids are like.

Its easy for you lot sitting at home saying have a winter break. But allot of people enjoy going to the games over Christmas. Allot of teams generate allot of income by selling half season tickets that cover the Christmas games and are used for Christmas presents. Plus people who would normally be working and cant usually get time off work get to go watch their teams.
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:29 pm

As a fan, im glad Barca aint playing.

Of course I miss watching them alot and I understand the positives, but I much prefer rested players who actually decrease the chance of injury and arent tired later on in the season.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:34 pm

Rooney, Gibson and Evans fined for poor training performance after partying late at night

Laughing

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:47 pm

Chelsea players prepare a christmas lunch for anelka behind AVBs back

:coffee:
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:22 pm

In Germany the football winter break is usually the time when lots (and I mean LOTS) of winter sports are shown on tv (downhill skiing, cross crountry, ski jumping, luge, bob sleigh etc.). That way one can enjoy something different for a change and the footballers can get their deserved time off to relax and/or work on their fitness or recovery from injuries. I prefer for the boys to get to the "Rückrunde" (2nd half of the season) fit and hopefully healthy, so that the following matches will be played with renewed vigor.

From what I read of the audience reactions to some of the last matches, they seemed to be not too enjoyable at times as the players seemed to be not fully concentrated on the matches in several cases. I think leave them some holidays to regenerate and the upcoming matches would be played with more energy when the players are eager to get back on the pitch after some weeks of no competitive matches.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2