Vibe
Great Leader Sprucenuce
izzy
la bestia negra
Lex
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What Is Kompany Doing Right Now - Page 2 Empty Re: What Is Kompany Doing Right Now

Post by la bestia negra Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:11 pm

ColoJunior wrote: He got the ball so cleanly and it was a sexy slide tackle.
you earnd your self some positve rep from that bravo

la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

What Is Kompany Doing Right Now - Page 2 Empty Re: What Is Kompany Doing Right Now

Post by I Have Mono Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:57 am

ColoJunior wrote:How the hell was that a red card? He got the ball so cleanly and it was a sexy slide tackle.
Such a bullshit call

I would post the link to the fifa rulebook but i'm new so I can't;however if you google fifa rule book 2012 and go to page 111 no where do the rules say if you get the ball cleanly it is not a foul.
It does state that “Using excessive force” means that the player has far exceeded the necessary use of force and is in danger of injuring his opponent.
• A player who uses excessive force must be sent off

Im pretty sure Kompany's two footed cleats up slide tackle is in danger of injuring Nani, therefore the redcard is justified.

I Have Mono
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:00 am

[quote="BiasedMilanFan3"]Kompany didn't deserve the red card. Nani was just play acting as usual :coffee:

Spoiler:

cheers

Spoiler:
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:16 pm

It wasn't even two footed, his left leg was trailing off to the side and the leg that one the ball wasn't even showing studs

But Roonay elbowing a player in the face off-the-ball isn't even a caution. Go figure
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by I Have Mono Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:58 pm

Lex wrote:It wasn't even two footed, his left leg was trailing off to the side and the leg that one the ball wasn't even showing studs

But Roonay elbowing a player in the face off-the-ball isn't even a caution. Go figure
I dont know who this was directed at, but I feel like arguing with anyone that can't see the obvious red card. I would post a like to the fifa 2011/2012 laws of the game and tell you to look at page 34 where it clearly says jumping at an opponent is a free kick that is either careless, reckless(yellow), or using excessive force(red), again i would post a video where you can clearly see that Kompany is mid-air and not touching the ground.
I would also post a link of dictionary. com and its definition but it is to spring clear of the ground or other support by a sudden muscular effort; leap: to jump into the air; to jump out a window.
The red card was completely fair, if you cant see how please watch a Youtube video in which you can see Kompanys jumping two footed tackle on Nani about 10 times, then red pages 34 and 111 of the 2011-2012 laws of the game. Repeat this until you realize Kompany deserved the red.

I Have Mono
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:19 pm

Meh, not a red IMO.

Where's the execesive force? scratch Heck Nani didn't even fall.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by I Have Mono Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:40 pm

Lord Hispano wrote:Meh, not a red IMO.

Thats the exact video I watched, at the 10-13 second mark you can see how Kompany clearly deserved his his red card.
If you read the fifa laws of the game no where does its talk about a player making contact or another player falling. I already posted fifas definition of using excessive force and you can clearly see how Nani is in danger of being injuried from the play.
Two red cards in one play.
If i had anymore votes left i'd downvote you even though i dont know what the point of the downvoting someone is.

I Have Mono
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:49 pm

United have signed a midfielder already in this winter as Foy.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:42 pm

I Have Mono wrote:

Thats the exact video I watched, at the 10-13 second mark you can see how Kompany clearly deserved his his red card.
If you read the fifa laws of the game no where does its talk about a player making contact or another player falling. I already posted fifas definition of using excessive force and you can clearly see how Nani is in danger of being injuried from the play.
If i had anymore votes left i'd downvote you even though i dont know what the point of the downvoting someone is.

I still don't see the excessive force behind the play. scratch Hard Tackle yes. Excessive I don't think so. Here's an example of excessive. (With a song)

Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:45 pm

He's shitting his pants at the thought of facing Henry on April 7th (if his loan permits it Sad)
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:47 pm

Lord Hispano wrote:
I Have Mono wrote:

I still don't see the excessive force behind the play. scratch Hard Tackle yes. Excessive I don't think so. Here's an example of excessive. (With a song)

i wanted to get some sleep tonight but thanks to this vedio im up all night
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by I Have Mono Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:52 pm

Lord Hispano wrote:
I Have Mono wrote:

I still don't see the excessive force behind the play. scratch Hard Tackle yes. Excessive I don't think so.

Did you read the fifa definition of excessive force(page 111) ? no ? ok read it and ask me that question again.
If i could post you a link, i would.

I Have Mono
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:57 pm

I Have Mono wrote:Did you read the fifa definition of excessive force(page 111) ? no ? ok read it and ask me that question again.

You do know refs have their own criteria, right? It's in the rule book so I'm sure you'll find it no problem since you seem to go by the book anyway. Smile

Anyway this refs criteria of excessive force is either too extreme or convenient IMO. You have to ask him to know for sure.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by I Have Mono Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:07 pm

Lord Hispano wrote:
I Have Mono wrote:Did you read the fifa definition of excessive force(page 111) ? no ? ok read it and ask me that question again.

You do know refs have their own criteria, right? It's in the rule book so I'm sure you'll find it no problem since you seem to go by the book anyway. Smile

Anyway this refs criteria of excessive force is either too extreme or convenient IMO. You have to ask him to know for sure.

Yes refs have opinions like everyone else, but Kompany left the ground completely for his tackle, making it a jumping tackle,meaning its a foul, the fact that Kompany could have seriously injuried Nani meant it was excessive force meaning red.
If you can't see this, you are extremely biased.

I Have Mono
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:13 pm

I Have Mono wrote:Yes refs have opinions like everyone else, but Kompany left the ground completely for his tackle, making it a jumping tackle,meaning its a foul, the fact that Kompany could have seriously injuried Nani meant it was excessive force meaning red.

Well, here's where our opinions differ as well. Here's what I think, if there's no contact then there's no foul IMO especially when the intention to foul is not present.

Don't know what's the point of calling someone biased if he or she doesn't agree with me.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by I Have Mono Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:22 pm

Lord Hispano wrote:
I Have Mono wrote:Yes refs have opinions like everyone else, but Kompany left the ground completely for his tackle, making it a jumping tackle,meaning its a foul, the fact that Kompany could have seriously injuried Nani meant it was excessive force meaning red.

Well, here's where our opinions differ as well. Here's what I think, if there's no contact then there's no foul IMO especially when the intention to foul is not present.

Don't know what's the point of calling someone biased if he or she doesn't agree with me.

I agree thats where our opinions differ, the reason for it is like you said you don't feel its a foul if no contact is made, however fifa disagrees with you as well, no where does fifa talk about fouls saying their has to be contact, or because the ball was won its not a foul etc which is why you feel it is not a foul, that same reason is why I said you must be biased.

I Have Mono
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:28 pm

I Have Mono wrote:
Lord Hispano wrote:

I agree thats where our opinions differ, the reason for it is like you said you don't feel its a foul if no contact is made, however fifa disagrees with you as well, no where does fifa talk about fouls saying their has to be contact, or because the ball was won its not a foul etc which is why you feel it is not a foul, that same reason is why I said you must be biased.

How so? Excessive force differs from person to person. I stated my reason as to what I believe what is or isn't excessive force and I'm pretty sure it's acceptable. This ref doesn't think so. Should I call him a biased ref? I think not.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by I Have Mono Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:44 pm

Lord Hispano wrote:How so?

Im lost
Lord Hispano wrote:Excessive force differs from person to person.
Yes it does, its one reason why refs calls may be so inconsistent, excessive force is definined by fifa very vaguely which means refs have to use their own judgment when making calls
Lord Hispano wrote:I stated my reason as to what I believe what is or isn't excessive force and I'm pretty sure it's acceptable.
If Nani continues his run and doesn't jump Kompany takes him out and Nani is seriously injuried. The refs judgment says Kompany used excessive force, doesn't matter if Kompany touches Nani or not, he used an illegal tackle to win the ball.
Lord Hispano wrote:This ref doesn't think so. Should I call him a biased ref? I think not.
This ref used his judgment to make the correct call, if he was biased he wouldn't have called any foul because "no contact was made" and Kompany "won the ball"

I Have Mono
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:36 pm

Appeal declined.

Will miss both CC semi final legs banana

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:26 pm

I Have Mono wrote:I'm lost. Yes it does, its one reason why refs calls may be so inconsistent, excessive force is definined by fifa very vaguely which means refs have to use their own judgment when making calls.
If Nani continues his run and doesn't jump Kompany takes him out and Nani is seriously injuried. The refs judgment says Kompany used excessive force, doesn't matter if Kompany touches Nani or not, he used an illegal tackle to win the ball.
This ref used his judgment to make the correct call, if he was biased he wouldn't have called any foul because "no contact was made" and Kompany "won the ball"

Excessive force is determined by the ref, not by Fifa in the end. Kompany did no illegal tackle in my eyes. Ref didn't think so. Had he not made the decision to even mark a foul it would have still been acceptable as it has been, in many instances. It's a 50/50 desicion.

Biased should only be used when a ref consistantly favors a specific team whether intentional or not. Saw a replay of the match yesterday too. The ref was biased and in favor of Man U, IMO. There's a real example of biased.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2