Arquitecto
Hapless_Hans
S32TABLANCA
rwo power
Forza
Giggslegend
10 posters

Go down

Cantona, the new president of France? Empty Cantona, the new president of France?

Post by Giggslegend Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:32 am

http://www.thejournal.ie/eric-cantona-seeking-nomination-to-run-for-president-of-france-324288-Jan2012/
Giggslegend
Giggslegend
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Cantona, the new president of France? Empty Re: Cantona, the new president of France?

Post by Forza Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:34 am

CantoGOAT
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Cantona, the new president of France? Empty Re: Cantona, the new president of France?

Post by Giggslegend Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:38 am

The king becomes president?
Giggslegend
Giggslegend
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:40 pm

Well, I'm sure he won't be worse than Sarkozy, I'd say. And I bet he'd get along nicely with Angela Merkel who is quite a football fan herself XD
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:13 pm

Merkantona, the deadilest partnership since 1939...
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:13 pm

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1wRx_9AaDx/?utm_source=ig_embed&utm_campaign=embed_video_watch_again

A great man.

Best football award recipient speech I've ever heard.
The audience can't seem to deal with it though lol

:bow: :bow: :bow:

Molenation
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:18 pm

The audience personified all of our reactions rather closely whether it be Cristiano to Nedved to the awestruck man on the latter's right.

Knowing Cantona there is great nuance and depth behind the speech, just hard to pick up given his broken english.

Maybe it was nonsensical.

Either way on a second viewing you can see where he was going with it and I love him for not being the typical UEFA lapdog with a run-of-the-mill speech we all have memorised by now.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:56 pm

He seems very much at peace with himself. He really knows himself as well. Yeah that speech was a bit of a ramble, but there is a bit of scientific credence to it in that technology is advancing when it comes to genetic modification. It would not surprise me at all if human gain the ability to edit out defects and hereditary pre-dispositions by the end of the century.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:32 am

It felt like he was building up his speech and was about to reach a "climax" or some kind of elaborate point, but then decided to cut it short. Maybe his English vocabulary failed him, or maybe he simply decided that the conclusion that he was building it up to, was too controversial to share with the public. It would make sense for him to have public opinion in the back of his mind now, if he really intends to run for president.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:49 am

McLewis wrote:He seems very much at peace with himself. He really knows himself as well. Yeah that speech was a bit of a ramble, but there is a bit of scientific credence to it in that technology is advancing when it comes to genetic modification. It would not surprise me at all if human gain the ability to edit out defects and hereditary pre-dispositions by the end of the century.

Funny enough, I didn't think it was a ramble at all, much more a very concise short commentary on recent news.

Also, if you remember my posting history you might know how dear to my heart King Lear is Proud
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:52 am

Honestly, the moment he came up to receive the award I had a feeling he'd give a weird speech. Laughing

However, what he said was truly bizarre. Like Thimmy said, just as it felt he was going to reach the main point of his speech he abruptly ends it. Laughing

“As flies to wanton boys, we are for the Gods. They kill us for the sport. Soon the science will not only be able to throw down the ageing of the cells, the science will fix the cells to the state, and so we’ll become eternal. Only accidents, crimes, wars will still kill us. But unfortunately, crimes and wars will multiply. I love football. Thank you.”

Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:00 am

He's commenting on this

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2019-08-scientists-reverse-aging-rat-brain.html
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:37 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
McLewis wrote:He seems very much at peace with himself. He really knows himself as well. Yeah that speech was a bit of a ramble, but there is a bit of scientific credence to it in that technology is advancing when it comes to genetic modification. It would not surprise me at all if human gain the ability to edit out defects and hereditary pre-dispositions by the end of the century.

Funny enough, I didn't think it was a ramble at all, much more a very concise short commentary on recent news.

Also, if you remember my posting history you might know how dear to my heart King Lear is Proud

That was a weird time for you tbh
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down