Nirgall
Lex
Highburied
EarlyPrototype
Sushi Master
BarrileteCosmico
17 posters

Go down

Alfredo Di Stefano: Real Madrid fans have the right to jeer Cristiano Ronaldo Empty Alfredo Di Stefano: Real Madrid fans have the right to jeer Cristiano Ronaldo

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:20 pm

Real Madrid legend Alfredo Di Stefano has stated his belief that the club's fans have every right to criticise a player if he fails to meet expectations.

Star player Cristiano Ronaldo recently expressed his dismay with the treatment he's been getting from the fans, and didn't celebrate after scoring in the 5-1 win over Granada last weekend.

Nevertheless, Di Stefano feels that Ronaldo shouldn't question the fans' actions, but accept that he'll be jeered if he misses goalscoring chances.

"The whistles against Cristiano Ronaldo? The people in the crowd are the ones who pay, and they are always right," said Di Stefano to Agencia Atlas.

"If the spectators demand from the players that they do their utmost and score goals, the players shouldn't question this.

"The fans are always right. If they whistle or jeer someone, it's because they want him to be effective."

The Portugal international has already scored 21 goals in 17 La Liga appearances. However, he received his fair share of criticism after failing to find the net in the 3-1 home loss against Barcelona in early December.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Alfredo Di Stefano: Real Madrid fans have the right to jeer Cristiano Ronaldo Empty Re: Alfredo Di Stefano: Real Madrid fans have the right to jeer Cristiano Ronaldo

Post by Sushi Master Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:21 pm

Pretty much what everyone's been saying here. But it's nice having a GOAT on the same page.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Alfredo Di Stefano: Real Madrid fans have the right to jeer Cristiano Ronaldo Empty Re: Alfredo Di Stefano: Real Madrid fans have the right to jeer Cristiano Ronaldo

Post by EarlyPrototype Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:22 pm

Ronaldo should suck it up.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:23 pm

Hes just jealous.

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:23 pm

Surely jeering is better than cheering for him?
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Nirgall Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:27 pm

highburied wrote:Hes just jealous.

He obviously think his "best in the history of the club" status in being jeopardized. Razz
Nirgall
Nirgall
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:29 pm

Nirgall wrote:

He obviously think his "best in the history of the club" status in being jeopardized. Razz
Sorry, Raúl already left Madrid Wink
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nirgall Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:43 pm

Sushi Master wrote:
Nirgall wrote:

I don't think most real fans would agree that Raul was better than Di stefano. Most real fans don't consider Raul to be better than Fat Ronaldo or Zidane.
Nirgall
Nirgall
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:43 pm

Well, I guess, but the point was that he's infinitely better than Ronaldo.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:45 pm

Pathetic excuse for having shit fans.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:51 pm

Nirgall wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:
Nirgall wrote:

I don't think most real fans would agree that Raul was better than Di stefano. Most real fans don't consider Raul to be better than Fat Ronaldo or Zidane.
Why not consider Raul better than Di Stefano?...I havent watched Di stefano as a player, so how do you compare Raul to Di stefano.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Nirgall Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:59 pm

The xcx wrote:
Nirgall wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:
Nirgall wrote:

Why not consider Raul better than Di Stefano?...I havent watched Di stefano as a player, so how do you compare Raul to Di stefano.

The same way you do with any historical player. Accomplishments and reputation.
Nirgall
Nirgall
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:01 pm

Nirgall wrote:
The xcx wrote:
Nirgall wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:
Nirgall wrote:

The same way you do with any historical player. Accomplishments and reputation.
Thats the reason why Di Stefano is a icon of Madrid. When it comes to who was better as a player? Then I choose Raul.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:55 pm

di stefano is a crazy old man. he does have a point though.

the fans are always right.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:28 pm

Glad that fans are not alone. everyone in Real Madrid should unit together and stop Ronaldo from thinking he's uncriticizable. he's not bigger than Real Madrid, no one is.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:44 pm

Gil wrote:Pathetic excuse for having shit fans.

Thank You.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:46 pm

deezydeez wrote:the fans are always right.

No, the fans are not always right. No one is.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:30 pm

he scored the most goals la liga ever seen last year ffs.
the bernabeu is truely pathetic.
hope youre enjoying it cristiano. after youre 06 world cup disaster we treated you like god.
you reap what you sow

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:40 pm

Cyber would you take him to Man U for 30M??
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:41 pm

Shit excuse.

The best thing to do would be encourage him. What the hell is booing and jeering going to achieve.
His team-mates should talk to him if they want him to change.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:24 pm

cyberman wrote:he scored the most goals la liga ever seen last year ffs.
the bernabeu is truely pathetic.
hope youre enjoying it cristiano. after youre 06 world cup disaster we treated you like god.
you reap what you sow

Kinda agreeing here.. :facepalm:

Exactly Izzy, that's what I've been trying to say. But you can't talk to a wall and hope it changes color..
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:39 pm

smh why people think no one is trying to help/talk to ronaldo about his attitude on the pitch? things are reaching a climax for a reason it because ronaldo is refusing to change his ways no matter what

and what he did in the malaga game to benz was so disrespectful on so many level it was unbelievable, and we all know if anyone else on the team did that = bench, things like that can break team spirit

ron is creating a him against the club situation for no reason than the fact he is ego driven, but he needs to know when to be intelligent on and off the pitch

ronaldo is a brilliant player in his own right and when inform still the second best player in the world and can rival messi from time to time, but if he wants to surpass himself now, he needs to put the team first that all he ever needed to do tbh
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Aensensen Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:39 pm

I think that people who criticize ronaldo have jumped a wrong bandwagon there.

I personaly think it's sick and wrong talking trash about your star player who's doing so much for the club all because you are not content with one/few of his performance/s.

That is bandwagonism if i ever heard of one. Kinda makes me question what kind of people call themselves madridistas here.

After achieving legendary goal per game ration in 2,5 seasons with us, being the guy that drives the team forward most, taking most of the responsibility on him... and then failing versus Barcelona badly made lots of you talking trash about him.

I'm not questioning your loyalty, I'm questioning your brains. If that's all it takes to turn your back on your player then you should be ashamed.

DiStefano might have said that from the point of what football is today - bussiness. Personally, he doesn't have to agree with that.

IMO, Ronaldo is more than right to be upset.

Some of you say he's selfish. So? That doesn't mean he should be booed, not after what he's done for RM. Mourinho should be booed if he allowed him to act like he's the boss. That is Mou's job, and Bernabeu can be a damn shame sometimes. Think ffs! Are you really doing your club a favour if you're draining morale of one of your on-field players?

I'm not amazed, I'm stunned by some of your posts here. WTF people?! I remember reading stuff against Raul in the old forum, it was pure mockery. Imagine, mocking Raul. I took a stand then as I'm taking a stand now. Some of you should really think and tell me if you think it's fair to give up and turn your back on your player so quickly + elaboration, 'cause I sure as hell ain't getting it.
Aensensen
Aensensen
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down