Roma offered Luis Enrique a new contract after Fiorentina loss

+4
justdoit_
ErPupone
BarrileteCosmico
Patrick Bateman
8 posters

Go down

Roma offered Luis Enrique a new contract after Fiorentina loss Empty Roma offered Luis Enrique a new contract after Fiorentina loss

Post by Patrick Bateman Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:07 am

Roma confirm Enrique offer
By Football Italia staff

Serie A side Roma have revealed that they offered boss Luis Enrique a new contract after the 3-0 loss at Fiorentina.

“People have been saying that we have only just recently proposed an extension,” director general Franco Baldini stated.

“That’s not true. We actually offered him a new agreement after Florence. We wanted to show our faith in him during a difficult time.”

The Giallorossi lost badly in Tuscany at the start of December in a game where they actually had three men sent off.

However, since then, the Stadio Olimpico outfit have won three and drawn one of their next four League games.

Enrique was appointed as Roma’s new boss in the summer following his move from Barcelona B. At the time he signed a two-year contract, with an option for a third.

It’s believed that Roma now want to tie down the former Real Madrid winger until June 2015.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now how many Serie A clubs would have done that ?

Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Roma offered Luis Enrique a new contract after Fiorentina loss Empty Re: Roma offered Luis Enrique a new contract after Fiorentina loss

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:46 am

Class move. That Fiorentina loss was of significant importance.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Roma offered Luis Enrique a new contract after Fiorentina loss Empty Re: Roma offered Luis Enrique a new contract after Fiorentina loss

Post by Patrick Bateman Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:51 am

It just shows how much faith the board have in LE and to this project.Like I said in my above post how many clubs would have done that in Italy ? Not 1.Any other club he would have been gone.
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:19 am

The Fonz wrote:It just shows how much faith the board have in LE and to this project.Like I said in my above post how many clubs would have done that in Italy ? Not 1.Any other club he would have been gone.

Like Malesani at Genoa, after that heavy loss, or any Palermo coach in the Zamp era.

Great move from our board of directors, that definitely gave LE a good boost. Totti keeps saying that that loss was the turning point and it was, not only for the team, but for everyone involved.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by justdoit_ Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:17 pm

Stones.
justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:45 pm

Enrique delays contract talk
By Football Italia staff

Roma boss Luis Enrique has told the club that he still needs to prove that he deserves a new contract.

The outfit yesterday confirmed that they had proposed an extension, but the tactician insists that such talk can wait.

“I still have a year and a half left on my present deal,” the Spaniard said in his media conference before Saturday’s game against Cesena.

“That’s an eternity in football. I still have so much work to do to illustrate that I should be given a new contract.

“The club’s offer was incredible, but I’ve told them that now is not the right time. After all, I can lose four games in a row and then I’ll be considered an idiot. I’m thinking just of Cesena.”

Roma entertain the relegation-threatened Seahorses at the Stadio Olimpico at 18.00 hours local time on Saturday.

“Cesena have some important offensive potential,” the former Barcelona B boss continued. “They have quality players like Mutu, Eder, Candreva and Parolo.

“It won’t be an easy game. I expect to face a dangerous team, but I want to see a Roma side who returns to playing high rhythm football in order to get back to winning.”

Roma are seventh in Serie A – 11 points behind leaders Juventus after last weekend’s game with Catania was abandoned due to heavy rain with the score at 1-1.

“The weather only interfered with the second half,” he added. “The first half started well, but then we started to make errors.

“We played a mad game, without control.”

Roma are expected to be without influential midfielder Daniele De Rossi against the Stadio Manuzzi minnows.

“I hope he isn’t out for too long, but I do think that he could be ready to return relatively quickly,” Enrique continued.

“I don’t know if he’ll be available tomorrow. He’s suffering with an injury that won’t stop him playing, but one that is causing him pain.

“It’s important that he can work without pain and we need players who are only at 100 per cent. Let’s hope it is nothing serious.

:bow:
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by JAY-Z Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:44 pm

wow just WOOOW!

Mad respect for Sabatini and co, for giving that confidence and boost to LE, I mean as Fonz said, which club would've done that?

And Enrique is so *bleep* class!!! He said he has to prove he deserves a new contract. Damn i love this guy

:bow:
JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:35 pm

inb4sciaccaandsukrutsayhe'snotgoodenough

:coffee:
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by arigle Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:43 am

Have you guys seen his press conferences? This man is just pure class

arigle
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:07 am

arigle wrote:Have you guys seen his press conferences? This man is just pure class

Yea, his italian is improving too. And he always makes a joke here and there, funny guy lol.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by maruf063 Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:22 pm

this guy is far better than average coaches in serie a ... baldini, and sabatini did a masterstroke by bringing him to Roma. a lot of people were skeptical about the move, but i knew it was going to pay dividends... Cool

maruf063
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

Back to top Go down

Post by arigle Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:47 pm

ErPupone wrote:
arigle wrote:Have you guys seen his press conferences? This man is just pure class

Yea, his italian is improving too. And he always makes a joke here and there, funny guy lol.

He already speaks italian better than Del Neri! ahah

arigle
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:29 pm

arigle wrote:
ErPupone wrote:

He already speaks italian better than Del Neri! ahah

Lmaooo yea seriously
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:54 am

Saw this had to post it.

Enrique: 'Roma almost perfect'
By Football Italia staff

Luis Enrique could only praise Roma after their 5-1 thrashing of Cesena. “This is the football all Coaches and players enjoy.”

The Giallorossi notched up a fourth consecutive victory, not counting last week’s rained off game with Catania, and were 3-0 up within nine minutes.

“This is the football that I think all Coaches and players enjoy, plus it gives you a better chance of winning the games,” said the Spanish Coach.

“Today the match seemed easy because we were almost perfect. I still believe Cesena are an excellent side with important qualities, but we played at the very highest level.”

Francesco Totti bagged a brace this evening, breaking Gunnar Nordahl’s record with his 211th Serie A goal for a single club.

“Francesco is a player of a different quality and he can find the goal at any moment. His statistics speak for themselves, but we didn’t celebrate in the locker room, as we have another game against Juventus in the Coppa Italia on Tuesday.”

Enrique was on the verge of dismissal and the subject of fan protests after their 3-0 defeat to Fiorentina, but have since turned a corner.

“What changed? That’s the million Euro question. It isn’t easy for a foreign Coach who doesn’t speak the language very well to let the lads understand what football he wants. I saw the team follow my orders from the first day and we had to work in order to find our identity.

There are still many things to improve, but the first half was wonderful today. I have to give 100 per cent of the credit to the players.”

That line right there..Still wants more from the team.. :bow: :bow: :bow:
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by arigle Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:07 am

what a coach. what a man. what a genius.

arigle
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down