aunshi
BarrileteCosmico
I Have Mono
pUsHa
Albiceleste
36 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Balotelli Charged for Violent Conduct - Page 3 Empty Re: Balotelli Charged for Violent Conduct

Post by dostoevsky Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:58 am

Everything looks intentional in slow motion, however even just at normal speed it looks very suspicious in my eyes. I can see why some think it may not have been intentional, but I'm sticking with my initial reaction for the moment.

dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Balotelli Charged for Violent Conduct - Page 3 Empty Re: Balotelli Charged for Violent Conduct

Post by kiranr Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:18 am

I think it was very intentional by Balo and the ban is deserved.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:26 am

I keep watching it, and I'm inclined to agree with you Kiranr. That step just doesn't look AT ALL natural. It seems as if there is an obvious stretch Balotelli makes to make contact with the head.

But I'm also biased, so that may have something to do with it Very Happy
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:31 am

To me the stamp was kinda avoidable.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:16 am

I dunno what to say on this
In slow mo, it looks intentional
But in real speed, you kinda wonder how Balotelli could've stomped like that with little time to think about it. It wasn't like Messi-Pepe where Messi wasn't really moving much at all, Pepe had all the time in the world to see what he was doing. This is different. Balotelli kicks the ball Parker goes down, Balotelli had his back to him, how did he know 100% where his head was?

As for the stomp not looking natural; think about it. His other leg was doing it's natural movement but was stopped by Parker. That would have to be why the next step looked unnatural.

Not saying it's not intentional, i don't really know if it was.
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:47 am

chemicalboy99 wrote:Fcuk it!!!

Time to unleash Guidetti on the premier league.

They wont know what hit them!!

he is loaned out to feyenoord
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:48 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Guidetti? Any chance he's an italian national?

His roots are from Italy.... but he is born and bred in Sweden and plays for our U21
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:08 am

At full speed, it doesnt look on purpose and we all knowing slowing things down changes the perception.

I think the FA are unfair in banning him, firstly because I dont see how they can determine its on purpose. Its tough to call, we have seen it over and over and I dont think anyone is really sure.

If you dont know, then you obviously cant ban him.

Secondly, how this gets banned but Rooney can elbow smash people with no punishment whatsoever IDK.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:14 am

The Franchise wrote:At full speed, it doesnt look on purpose
Certainly does to me. Parker's face was like a magnet for Flopotelli's foot.

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:16 am

But in real speed, you kinda wonder how Balotelli could've stomped like that with little time to think about it. It wasn't like Messi-Pepe where Messi wasn't really moving much at all, Pepe had all the time in the world to see what he was doing. This is different. Balotelli kicks the ball Parker goes down, Balotelli had his back to him, how did he know 100% where his head was?

Verminators post, which I tend to agree with.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:22 am

The Franchise wrote:But in real speed, you kinda wonder how Balotelli could've stomped like that with little time to think about it. It wasn't like Messi-Pepe where Messi wasn't really moving much at all, Pepe had all the time in the world to see what he was doing. This is different. Balotelli kicks the ball Parker goes down, Balotelli had his back to him, how did he know 100% where his head was?

Verminators post, which I tend to agree with.
What matters to me is that he was fully aware of where Parker was and his foot went where it shouldn't. That he hit his head was a mere coincidence but it's evident that Parker became a magnet to his right foot.

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:52 am

So wait you're saying that he didn't know where his head was, but he knew that Parker was on the floor and he wanted to stamp on him but it coincidentally hit his head? Yea that makes sense. And that could be it.

One thing i noticed is that when he unintentionally hits Parker the first time, his right leg is going forward but then immediately goes back. That does seem VERY unnatural. And his reaction doesn't help either. He seems apologetic and helps Parker up, but then you think did he do that because he accidentally hit him, or was it because he accidentally got his head instead of his body? Very hard to come to a conclusion here.

But you do gotta think; what would be his motivation for doing this?
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:05 am

Exactly my thought process, what is his motivation for doing it? Parker blocking his shot? Seems unlikely.

And also, if he wanted to stamp on Parker why didnt he do it with his left foot which he bumped into Parker with?

Or did he stamp on Parker because of that contact, him feeling that Parker tried to hurt him in that contact?

In slow mo it looks like it could be on purpose, in full speed (and watching the game at the time) it didnt really look it, at least to me.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:08 am

Well i'll tell ya what he definetely didn't do it because parker tried to hurt him cause he clearly didn't. And i don't think he woulda stomped on him. I think he woulda turned around atleast first.

And he wouldn't do that because he blocked the shot either. Very hard to find a reason for doing it if it was intentional.......
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:24 am

Do you guys think Balo needs a reason to do something stupid? He must have thought it would be cool to stamp on your opponent for all we know...
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:32 am

Well i was thinking that too. I mean, this is Balotelli we're talkin about. Laughing

But still thought it was a bit odd to just stamp someone because of a block....
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:32 am

The Verminator wrote:So wait you're saying that he didn't know where his head was, but he knew that Parker was on the floor and he wanted to stamp on him but it coincidentally hit his head? Yea that makes sense. And that could be it.

One thing i noticed is that when he unintentionally hits Parker the first time, his right leg is going forward but then immediately goes back. That does seem VERY unnatural. And his reaction doesn't help either. He seems apologetic and helps Parker up, but then you think did he do that because he accidentally hit him, or was it because he accidentally got his head instead of his body? Very hard to come to a conclusion here.

But you do gotta think; what would be his motivation for doing this?
That's exactly my point. As for his motivation? Who knows what could have happened off the cameras. Perhaps nothing even happened ... Sometimes the adrenaline on the pitch makes people do silly stuff. Makes players more prone to aggressiveness, even if there's no apparent rational reason to be aggressive.

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:41 am

That's true. And that could be a possible explanation. But even then i can't help but wonder about what Franchise said. Why didn't he just stamp him the first time (first time he touched him)?

I think it's very difficult to come to any sort of conclusion.
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jn2002dk Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:43 am

Doesn't look remotely intentional to me
jn2002dk
jn2002dk
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:50 am

Look when his left leg (i think) touches Parker. When that happens, his right leg goes forward, but then all of a sudden it goes back and stomps Parker. That's why it looks intentional but like i said before, i dunno if it was intentional or not
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jn2002dk Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:53 am

The Verminator wrote:Look when his left leg (i think) touches Parker. When that happens, his right leg goes forward, but then all of a sudden it goes back and stomps Parker. That's why it looks intentional but like i said before, i dunno if it was intentional or not
Yea but if you watched a bit longer version of it i think it's just physics. He is rotating and trying to recover. I watched the match on tv and never thought it looked intentional but hey, with that guy you never know
jn2002dk
jn2002dk
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:59 am

Now i'm not a physics person but as far as i'm aware, the motion that he was doing was rotating left and going forwards. Now this would cause his legs to go forward to balance him out. And if your falling backwards, your legs would go back. Like i said i'm not a physician but this is what i think.

And yeah you're right, you never know whenever Balotelli's invloved.
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:03 pm

On another angle Balo is unbalanced and leaning towards his left, he brings his right foot behind him to try and balance himself, and in real time it seems as though he did it out've instinct. I'd call this recklessness on his part and imo he did stomp/graze on Parkers face and should be banned but not excessively , maybe 1 or 2 games.
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:05 pm

Physics? Laughing As in Parker's head being the gravitational force dragging Balotelli's foot to it?

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jn2002dk Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:30 pm

Senor Penguin wrote:Physics? Laughing As in Parker's head being the gravitational force dragging Balotelli's foot to it?
Yea...no

Might wanna open a book sometime

Not as fun as posting smilies and memes i know but still...
jn2002dk
jn2002dk
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:24 pm

I'm usually Johnny come lately with the names but why exactly is Pepe called "Epep"?
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next