Stephan El Shaarawy - should/will prandelli take him to the euros ?

+7
Albiceleste
shamr9pato
Forza
lszanto
red&blacklegion
Cassius
michael1
11 posters

Go down

Stephan El Shaarawy - should/will prandelli take him to the euros ? Empty Stephan El Shaarawy - should/will prandelli take him to the euros ?

Post by michael1 Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:29 am

personally id love to see him there, obv not as a major player but definantly as a sub.

the experience would be great for him and would really help him get ready for 2014 wc but also the italy national team needs a player like him as while our squad is good it lacks a lot of pace.

and hes no lennon or walcott he has the technical ability to go with his pace.

could be very helpful towards the end of a game to bring him of and take advantage of the other teams fatigue.

so yea id love to see him at the euros, what do u guys think ?
michael1
michael1
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Stephan El Shaarawy - should/will prandelli take him to the euros ? Empty Re: Stephan El Shaarawy - should/will prandelli take him to the euros ?

Post by Cassius Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:42 am

As much as I'd love to see young starlets at every major tourney I don't think he should go. I mean after all it's still the Euro's, a huge cup! You want to see every nations best players. Depending on how he does this season I see no reason why he should be before matri, giovinco, quagliarella, pazzini and even Totti (who hinted at coming back to the national team) who so far deserve it alot more among others.

But should he come I hope he gets played and we don't have another Walcott disaster ala 2006.
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Stephan El Shaarawy - should/will prandelli take him to the euros ? Empty Re: Stephan El Shaarawy - should/will prandelli take him to the euros ?

Post by michael1 Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:49 am

Cassius_Case wrote:As much as I'd love to see young starlets at every major tourney I don't think he should go. I mean after all it's still the Euro's, a huge cup! You want to see every nations best players. Depending on how he does this season I see no reason why he should be before matri, giovinco, quagliarella, pazzini and even Totti (who hinted at coming back to the national team) who so far deserve it alot more among others.

But should he come I hope he gets played and we don't have another Walcott disaster ala 2006.
well when it comes to matri and quags i think he should most definantly go over them as both arent anything special espc matri whose poor finishing might be alright in a league but in a cup competition like the euros he would cost us big time.

so no point takin 2 players who arent ever gonna be wc not to mention to old to ever hit that stage now over a young talented kid who could be just as important balotelli will be over the next 8 years or so.

totti i would love to see back simply because he is pure class and his experiance could be vital in pressure cooker games.

pazzini is ok would still prefer to see g.rossi over him.

but yea for me there no point takin above average players over future stars because above average players wont win italy nothing and never will where as u put in the young blood with all the potential and sure they might not win it but they get that experience needed so next time they have the talent plus the experience.

michael1
michael1
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:01 am

I know all that, especially about matri and quags being average but so far they have done more this season than el shaarawy has ever done in his life.

Also it isn't for us to say who is past it. If there's one thing iv learned is not to underestimate mature Italian strikers, we have enough examples of late bloomers or players who are still fossils but can finish chances the fastest most technical player can't. Ex, inzaghi.

And it's the italian national team, he has to prove himself at Milan before he can even be considered. I'm sure Prandelli won't be wanting to do milans job and bring him to the euro to get him ready for the world cup, that sounds like a loser mentality to me. Prandelli must choose the strongest squad he can.

I just don't see why he would take a gamble on him. He isn't paid to bring up milans players, he's paid to win trophies.

All in all if shaarawy does succeed in his time with Milan then by all means get him on the plane.

Every player we have mentioned from matri to G. Rossi deserve to go to the Euro's more than El Shaarawy simply because he is un-proven.

You think if he comes along over one of them and flops the whole of Italy will think 'oh well, he'll be better at the world cup'? I think I'd be pretty pissed.
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by red&blacklegion Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:11 am

I like Quagli but Matri isnt deadly enough,anyways Italy doesnt need strikers its always the MD DF that score.
red&blacklegion
red&blacklegion
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:22 am

Has anybody got some good youtube footage of him? I've only watched a bit of him but love him cause of Fifa(Razz) but i'd like to see more of reality.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by michael1 Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:33 am

Cassius_Case wrote:I know all that, especially about matri and quags being average but so far they have done more this season than el shaarawy has ever done in his life.

Also it isn't for us to say who is past it. If there's one thing iv learned is not to underestimate mature Italian strikers, we have enough examples of late bloomers or players who are still fossils but can finish chances the fastest most technical player can't. Ex, inzaghi.

And it's the italian national team, he has to prove himself at Milan before he can even be considered. I'm sure Prandelli won't be wanting to do milans job and bring him to the euro to get him ready for the world cup, that sounds like a loser mentality to me. Prandelli must choose the strongest squad he can.

I just don't see why he would take a gamble on him. He isn't paid to bring up milans players, he's paid to win trophies.

All in all if shaarawy does succeed in his time with Milan then by all means get him on the plane.

Every player we have mentioned from matri to G. Rossi deserve to go to the Euro's more than El Shaarawy simply because he is un-proven.

You think if he comes along over one of them and flops the whole of Italy will think 'oh well, he'll be better at the world cup'? I think I'd be pretty pissed.

fair points and i do agree.

as i said in my op id like to see him there just as a sub not a main player.
michael1
michael1
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:54 am

lszanto wrote:Has anybody got some good youtube footage of him? I've only watched a bit of him but love him cause of Fifa(Razz) but i'd like to see more of reality.

We have a thread...
https://goallegacy.forumotion.com/t15612-the-pharaoh-el-shaarawy

And to answer the question, yes. He is a unique player for Italy who could be easily justified as a squad member if he strings together a few more great performances.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by shamr9pato Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:07 pm

his latest performances
shamr9pato
shamr9pato
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:09 pm

shamr9pato wrote:

his latest performances
:bow:

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:12 pm

I really love his talent with him and gio italy will have good players but to early I would say, as sub ? why not .. We don't want other Balo case ..
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:14 pm

I really love his talent with him and gio italy will have good players but to early I would say, as sub ? why not .. We don't want other Balo case ..
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:18 pm

as far as i know the pharoo's can poach him (unlikely)

the guy is amazing

older than me by a year and 2 days :bow:
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:24 pm

i think so, yes.

why not take a risk on him. at least as a sub

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by shamr9pato Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:27 pm

shamr9pato
shamr9pato
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:42 pm

The guy is missing one skill, if he had it he would walk into Barcas' starting XI. DIVING, and milking the situation.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down