Le Samourai
Swanhends
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Valkyrja
The Franchise
29 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The Top 10 Young Spaniards playing in La Liga - Page 3 Empty Re: The Top 10 Young Spaniards playing in La Liga

Post by Highburied Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:08 am

Only three Barcelona players?

Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

The Top 10 Young Spaniards playing in La Liga - Page 3 Empty Re: The Top 10 Young Spaniards playing in La Liga

Post by guest7 Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:33 am

free_cat wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:First, I really really do NOT see at all how Montoya and especially Deulofeu are above Montoya as Sarabia has proven to be more influential in the teams he plays along especially for the younger Espana teams. Montoya and Deulofeu have been doing it in the segunda and don't deserve such praise.

As for the rest, I would put Iker above Thiago, but would completely understand on why he is first. Also, I don't understand how Jese and especially Morata aren't in there.

Not really, Deulofeu was probably the best player in Spain U-19 this last summer. At least on Sarabia's level. Being 3 years younger.

Wasn't Sarabia voted the best player of the tournament?

Also, I clearly remember Morata being a better player than Deulofeu and was the top scorer there if I remember correctly.

So yeah, why isn't Morata there? scratch
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:38 am

Munian above thiago imo...Munian has thrice as many First team appearances and is integral to Athletic,cant say same about Thiago.Sure he has talent but thats it talent,Munian is far more proven.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:52 am

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:Tbh im quite confident wilshere and hazard are more talented based on how the move and control the ball, but that is subjective and people will all have their different perceptions of "talent" . Using the basis that he plays for barcelona isnt good enough though to make a statement like that

I think Hazard is allot more hype than what he deserves but maybe that's just me. I think he is no better than being on Grevinho's level, not on a course to reach Robbens level for example. But we'll see.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:52 am

Adit wrote:Rodwell above thiago imo...Rodwell has thrice as many First team appearances and is integral to Everton,cant say same about Thiago.Sure he has talent but thats it talent,Rodwell is far more proven.

Bad logic.

edit: Is this true then?

That makes Munian the best young player in the world, simply because he played the most games.

If Iker played for us and Thiago for Bilbao..who would have more appearances?

Is you want to talk about that silly term, proven, then Thiago has played in the CL...has Iker?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:00 am

The Franchise wrote:
Adit wrote:Munian above thiago imo...Munian has thrice as many First team appearances and is integral to Athletic,cant say same about Thiago.Sure he has talent but thats it talent,Munian is far more proven.

Bad logic.

That makes Munian the best young player in the world, simply because he played the most games.

Is you want to talk about that silly term, proven, then Thiago has played in the CL...has Iker?
Who said its just based on more games?

Munian is doing very well and is a important player for bilbao.Its a combination of both not one.

Sure Thiago will get some deadwood CL matches here and there but that doesnt convince me enough and that doesnt make him better too.

more specifically the same logic as i place some other defenders over Varane too.varane has played CL games and important matches too and was more than fine for a 22 year old defender let alone 18..but it is not enough.Its just that talent and a few starts.Same applies to Thiago.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:09 am

Adit wrote:
The Franchise wrote:
Adit wrote:Munian above thiago imo...Munian has thrice as many First team appearances and is integral to Athletic,cant say same about Thiago.Sure he has talent but thats it talent,Munian is far more proven.

Bad logic.

Who said its just based on more games?

Munian is doing very well and is a important player for bilbao.Its a combination of both not one.

Sure Thiago will get some deadwood CL matches here and there but that doesnt convince me enough and that doesnt make him better too.

more specifically the same logic as i place some other defenders over Varane too.varane has played CL games and important matches too and was more than fine for a 22 year old defender let alone 18..but it is not enough.Its just that talent and a few starts.Same applies to Thiago.

But as I said, you can say the same for Jack Rodwell...is he better than Thiago?

Varane even played 10 games? Obviously not the same thing..Thiago has played this season considerably more often.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:11 am

Remember Adit, this is a subjective point of view and should not be taken as the be all and end all. I personally did not like how the writer made it out be like Thiago is the most talented out of the age group just because he gets some games for Barcelona but it doesn't change the fact that he is really talented and would be number 1 in several top 10 La Liga talents solely based on that.

Yes, Munian is very much more important to Athletic than Thiago is to Barcelona however let's not make it a big deal. One warrants the "top spot" as much as the other. I do have some issues with Deulofeu being there though...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:13 am

Also LOL at deadwood CL game...he has started 4 CL games..

You got to at least watch Barcelona to have an idea about what your saying.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:16 am

Doc wrote:Remember Adit, this is a subjective point of view and should not be taken as the be all and end all. I personally did not like how the writer made it out be like Thiago is the most talented out of the age group just because he gets some games for Barcelona but it doesn't change the fact that he is really talented and would be number 1 in several top 10 La Liga talents solely based on that.

Yes, Munian is very much more important to Athletic than Thiago is to Barcelona however let's not make it a big deal. One warrants the "top spot" as much as the other. I do have some issues with Deulofeu being there though...

I dont deny Thiago is talented but one has 107 appearances and most of them very important matches too and more importantly he is doing excellent at his role . while thiago barely played 30 matches and 15 of them as subs and dead wood matches..i wouldnt place thiago above Munian now, since both players has done well but Munian is far more proven.

Franchise is making as if Munian is rated above solely on his number of appearances lol,its not the case mofo.Its combination of performance,Importance to the team and number of games.

Last edited by Adit on Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:17 am

I do think too much hype is being put on Thiagod, but he really is pretty good :bow:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:22 am

Munian would be my number 1 based on that fact Adit but I can't fault the writer for choosing Thiago. It would go against my way of thinking (whatever it is). The real question is why is an (mostly) Adelante player among the top 10 La Liga young talents?
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:25 am

Doc wrote:Munian would be my number 1 based on that fact Adit but I can't fault the writer for choosing Thiago. It would go against my way of thinking (whatever it is). The real question is why is an (mostly) Adelante player among the top 10 La Liga young talents?
I found Montoya inclusion bit worrying,is the spanish NT junior level RB talent that bad?

I mean,i have watched him couple of times with barca in deadwood matches,also watched him with U-21 but i would say he is nothing special and i dont think he warrant a place there but thats me basing on 5 top level matches,i may be wrong.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:26 am

There is an amazing teenager playing for Betis. Was amazing in the 2nd division last season. Can't recall his name...
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

https://www.facebook.com/#!/ks16152913

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:30 am

teamanarchy wrote:There is an amazing teenager playing for Betis. Was amazing in the 2nd division last season. Can't recall his name...
Alvaro vadillo? winger?
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:34 am

I didnt say Iker would be number 1 based on apperances, your saying that. As I said, with that logic, Rodwell is better than Thiago too.

For the record, if Iker was number 1 I have no issue with that as its just an opinion. But its not outragous for Thiago to be number 1 either, his performances how his talent and he has played alot of games this season.

You keep saying deadwood games, but Thiago started 4 CL games.

In fact, this season, Thiago has played more games than Iker so lets no pretend Thiago is number 1 based on just talent.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:40 am

Adit wrote:
teamanarchy wrote:There is an amazing teenager playing for Betis. Was amazing in the 2nd division last season. Can't recall his name...
Alvaro vadillo? winger?
That's the one.
Great player
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

https://www.facebook.com/#!/ks16152913

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:41 am

Is there a list for Serie A and Bundesliga too ?
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:42 am

I have to say Thiago is very very talented and def deserves to be higher than Munian.

Thiago reminds me very much of Iniesta but needs abit more time and experience to be as important and be able to change games in the same way.

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:18 pm

Crimson wrote:I have to say Thiago is very very talented and def deserves to be higher than Munian.

Thiago reminds me very much of Iniesta but needs abit more time and experience to be as important and be able to change games in the same way.

Thank god the Madrid section's voice of reason showed up. :bow:
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:21 pm

Agrees with you = Voice of reason

Having a decent talk about two players = Chaos

:bow:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:39 pm

Muniain should be number 1. The guy made a name for himself at the age of 16 and has always been an important player for Bilbao. 107 app and he is still 19. He is a starter whereas Thiago isn't. Atm Muniain deserves to be no.1.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:46 pm

Surag wrote:Is there a list for Serie A and Bundesliga too ?

No, sorry.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:06 pm

Apparently agreeing wholeheartedly that Thiago should be number one is having a voice of reason whilst having a different opinion i.e not agreeing is basically "you be trippin' girlfriend" situation...

I think Adit should be encouraged honestly...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:21 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:Muniain should be number 1. The guy made a name for himself at the age of 16 and has always been an important player for Bilbao. 107 app and he is still 19. He is a starter whereas Thiago isn't. Atm Muniain deserves to be no.1.

But seriously what has Munian done about from a few glimpses of brilliance and terrible inconsistency?

Thiago has managed to break through and get some starts in what is the best midfield in the world

Munian would not even have a chance at Barcelona, even with the squad depth.

Munain has what two goals and two assists in 20 odd starts this season? And that's in the team with the third most goals in LigaBBVA mind you.

Thiago on the other had has three assists and a goal to his name in half as many starts and playing a less advanced role.

But that does not even scratch the surface, Munian averages 1.4 key passes per game and has an overall pass completion rate of 82.8% but only avgs 39 passes per game in the 3rd highest passing team in LigaBBVA.
In 20 starts Munian has had a total of 830 passes.

Compared to Thiago who has had 11 starts, he has managed 1200 passes (400 more than Munian in half the time) a 93.3% pass completion rate and a average of over 70 passes per game (double that of Munian). On top of that he has avg 1 key pass per game.

Now where Munian dazzles and amazes, dribbling the ball Munian avgs 1.6 successful dribbles per game, not much more than the 1.1 of Thiago.

Then to top it all off despite receiving much less of the ball and passing alot less of the ball Munian is dispossessed 2.8 times per game and on top of that turns the ball over 1.5 times per game.

Thiago in comparison is dispossessed 1.5 times per game and avgs just 0.6 turnovers.

Then to top it all off again, Thiago also avgs 2.3 tackles per game and 1.5 interceptions per game, in comparison Munian avgs 1.3 tackles and 1.6 interceptions

In every area Thiago is better and provides more.

Don't get me wrong Munian can be impressive at times but not all the time. Every time Thiago has played he has never put in a poor performance, not always brilliant but very very consistent.

And to kill off the debate this is Munians 3rd season in La Liga, despite his age he has a ton of experience on Thiago in the top flight and yet Thiago shows up like he's been playing in LigaBBVA for the last 10 years.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:33 pm

free_cat wrote:
Lord Hispano wrote:I would have put Muniain on top Tbh. Yeah he's been a bit dry in front of goal in the past games despite the clear chances he's had. I think he's just come back from his dry spell. If he can get 7-10 goals by the end of the season then I'd think it would be fair to say he's gotten past the dry spell.

Off course you would have put Muniain on top. There is no Madrid player who is got enough to claim that he should be #1 without looking a fool, so you, being a hard closet Madrid fan, would put any player at #1 before a Barça player.

You mean there's no Valencia player at that level. Wink

It's not like I think putting in Thiago Alcantara is exagerated or anything. It's pretty close between the two. I've stated my reason as to why I think he should be top as well and I think it's acceptable.

Why you hatin' bro?
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next