stunt
guest7
Zealous
halamadrid2
Jonathan28
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Benefits of Barca playing crap in La Liga Empty Benefits of Barca playing crap in La Liga

Post by Jonathan28 Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:27 am

As a Barca fan, I hate to lose the league, but Pep basically gave it up on Saturday when he played Roberto in midfield and rested Xavi, Iniesta and Busi. People claim it was a mistake, but I think Pep knew exactly what he was doing, he see's the CL and Copa as more important, and won't tire players out trying to catch Madrid.

Looking at the brightside, our very bad away from in La Liga will get rid of the glory hunters who jumped on the bandwagon after our treble winning year. They will all now do a Jaafar and go and support the flavour of the month, i.e. Man City or Madrid, which I am greatful for, because now after all of this, our reputation around the world might increase to the high standards it used to be.

P.s. I am not talking about anyone in this forum, just in general many Barca "fans" I have met in my travels.
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Benefits of Barca playing crap in La Liga Empty Re: Benefits of Barca playing crap in La Liga

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:43 am

you can safely get rid of that March quote from your sig eco smile
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Benefits of Barca playing crap in La Liga Empty Re: Benefits of Barca playing crap in La Liga

Post by Zealous Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:54 am

Hate to break it to you but you guys were the flavour of the month. lol
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:24 pm

It's amazing how many Barca fans I see now compared to pre Pep.

The bandwagon is strong within this one...
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by stunt Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:29 pm

They joined the bandwagon, they aint gonna leave it now. It's a full ride baby.

They picked Barca after the treble, their choice is made, they wont turn back.

stunt
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:54 pm

I wouldnt call it just jumping onto the bandwagon, the team has played 3 seasons of entertaning top class football. And as a result earned rightfully a lot of loyal fans, only some are bandwagoners, this applies to other clubs with success... except Man U eco smile
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:02 pm

In all due respect, quite a bit of us were once band wagoners unless you were from the respective clubs' location, eg. Barcelona, London, Madrid, Turin, etc. Of course, they are those who would say their family was always a (insert cool club nick name) but other than that, one was once labelled a band wagoner at a point in time.

Nothing wrong with that honestly...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:02 pm

Se7en wrote:It's amazing how many Barca fans I see now compared to pre Pep.

:lucas:

LOL, YOU SHOULD HAVE SEEN THE, on ESPN Soccernet last month

" Madrid are little, we would top them"

" Madrid enjoy ur top spot, it won't last long"

" mes que un club, who are Madrid"

THEY ACTUALLY ALL SAID THAT...
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:03 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:I wouldnt call it just jumping onto the bandwagon, the team has played 3 seasons of entertaning top class football. And as a result earned rightfully a lot of loyal fans, only some are bandwagoners, this applies to other clubs with success... except Man U eco smile

i hope youre not serious about the Man U part because they have got the biggest bandwagoners.
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:04 pm

Madrid fans now on full steam Laughing

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:05 pm

@Ordinho, most of the foreign fans start off as bandwagoners eco smile
The ones who gain knowledge and don't leave the club in dire times become fans eco smile
If my assumption is right, you're a current or former bandwagoner eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:07 pm

El Chelsea Fuerte wrote:Madrid fans now on full steam Laughing
Lol, they all dispersed when they got whooped in the clasico now they're back Laughing typical

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:08 pm

Doc wrote:In all due respect, quite a bit of us were once band wagoners unless you were from the respective clubs' location, eg. Barcelona, London, Madrid, Turin, etc. Of course, they are those who would say their family was always a (insert cool club nick name) but other than that, one was once labelled a band wagoner at a point in time.

Nothing wrong with that honestly...

Only reason i started supporting Arsenal was because my whole family were Spuds or Man U supporters.. and i hated spurs....

TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:23 pm

To me a bandwagoner is someone who changes his team as soon as the other team starts winning

For example, being a Madrid fan then changing to Barca during their golden time

So what does bandwagoner mean to you? Kind of confusing me here...
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:31 pm

Bandwagon fan as mentioned above is someone who supports a big team when not being from or living in the same city or even country, do unless you are from Spain, Madrid or live there your a bandwagon fan!

Nothing wrong with it, some people become fans of big teams because they want to be winners!
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:35 pm

The Real Madrid fans that was here when Barcelona beat Real in the Bernabeu are the same ones that are currently commenting.

As for Se7en, what you described is a glory hunter not a bandwagoner...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:46 pm

As majority said all foriegn supporters are bandwagoners. But there are bandwagoners that support their club more than a local person. real true supporter.
But you can not become a true supporter after 20 i think. If you support any club from early ages then you are true supporter. if you started after you matured then there will be no love or childhood nostalgia or memories to support by heart. Same like childhood friend vs work mate

So in my opinion bandwagoners are people who started to support their team in their mature years
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:02 pm

Lord Hades wrote:
BarcaLearning wrote:I wouldnt call it just jumping onto the bandwagon, the team has played 3 seasons of entertaning top class football. And as a result earned rightfully a lot of loyal fans, only some are bandwagoners, this applies to other clubs with success... except Man U eco smile

i hope youre not serious about the Man U part because they have got the biggest bandwagoners.

Thats exactly what I meant, Man U fans are bandwagoners eco smile

Im sure there are slight different definitions, but we all know what it means.... for example I do it sometimes admittedly, but for reasons partly Razz I like in EPL whenever can beat Man U Very Happy In Serie A I kinda of like both Inter and Milan so I may like whoever is playing better football or have the players that I like Smile Furthermore, foreigners support from afar so not rerstricted to limited definitions I hope 🐰
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:10 pm

white_star wrote:

Bandwagon fan as mentioned above is someone who supports a big team when not being from or living in the same city or even country, do unless you are from Spain, Madrid or live there your a bandwagon fan!

Nothing wrong with it, some people become fans of big teams because they want to be winners!

Disagree, so long as teams have foreign players they will have foreign fans. Besides I support my local club as well so it's not like I don't know who I am or where I'm from.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:13 pm

billionmillion wrote:As majority said all foriegn supporters are bandwagoners. But there are bandwagoners that support their club more than a local person. real true supporter.
But you can not become a true supporter after 20 i think. If you support any club from early ages then you are true supporter. if you started after you matured then there will be no love or childhood nostalgia or memories to support by heart. Same like childhood friend vs work mate

So in my opinion bandwagoners are people who started to support their team in their mature years

Again disagree, what if you are just starting to get into football much later in life?

Although I agree nostalgia is a powerful tool.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:42 pm

Yeah me too , i'm happy to see that there is more and more FCB supporters. They played well and with a real culture so obviously people will get interested by this club
Some could also call me a banwagoners the year i start supporting FCB 2002-2003
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:55 pm

this forum will be a strange place when the barca bandwagonners have jumped ship.

location is a tricky thing, i was born in amsterdam, but moved as a young age, dad is a big ajax supporter, grandfather is a big madrid fan.

for me it depends on how long you have been watching the team. and the knowhow you have about the club. wouldnt consider someone a fan until they have watched the team for at the very least 10 years.

this is why i dont consider a lot of barca fans "true fans" they have only recently become popular at least in my lifetime.

06 was the beginning of the first wave of barca fans imo.

edit:^^ in my life time of watching football. im an 80s kid

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:01 pm

well i am from india, where football i.e. club football has only recently become that popular.. and this mainly thanks to the premier league.. so most of the football fans support pl clubs.. i started supporting madrid in 06 when we werent that successful or anything and havent been so far , but just felt drawn to them and these things just happen.. also fifa 05 influenced me, madrid team were awesome which interested me in the first place.. so dont know if i come under bandwagon or not
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:38 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:this forum will be a strange place when the barca bandwagonners have jumped ship.

06 was the beginning of the first wave of barca fans imo.

edit:^^ in my life time of watching football. im an 80s kid

There is a lot of Real Barca supporters, There are many who started supporting in 2006 but guess what ?? They are like 18-20 old right now. any link there. They started understand football around 12-13. how could they support a club for at least 10 years ?? And anyway don't you really think that there is a lot of bandwagonner from your club. i mean a lot start "supporting" real when the 1st galacticos was brought in.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:49 pm

the 1st galactico era was over 10 years ago.

i was watching football as a kid, as early as i can remember probably around the age of 5-6 my grandpa would make me watch games after i would play my u-6 what have you matches on the weekends.

i obviously didnt understand as much as i did then but i still have the nostalgia factor which i think is huge.

so what do you suggest is the length of time necessary to be a fan?

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next