Le Samourai
Swanhends
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Valkyrja
The Franchise
29 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The Top 10 Young Spaniards playing in La Liga - Page 4 Empty Re: The Top 10 Young Spaniards playing in La Liga

Post by Lord Awesome Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:33 pm

free_cat wrote:
Lord Hispano wrote:I would have put Muniain on top Tbh. Yeah he's been a bit dry in front of goal in the past games despite the clear chances he's had. I think he's just come back from his dry spell. If he can get 7-10 goals by the end of the season then I'd think it would be fair to say he's gotten past the dry spell.

Off course you would have put Muniain on top. There is no Madrid player who is got enough to claim that he should be #1 without looking a fool, so you, being a hard closet Madrid fan, would put any player at #1 before a Barça player.

You mean there's no Valencia player at that level. Wink

It's not like I think putting in Thiago Alcantara is exagerated or anything. It's pretty close between the two. I've stated my reason as to why I think he should be top as well and I think it's acceptable.

Why you hatin' bro?

Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

The Top 10 Young Spaniards playing in La Liga - Page 4 Empty Re: The Top 10 Young Spaniards playing in La Liga

Post by Lord Hades Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:36 pm

why does this free cat guy mention madrid in every post^^
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:41 pm

Cause he thinks Madrid are "Evil".
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:44 pm

Lord Hispano wrote:
free_cat wrote:
Lord Hispano wrote:I would have put Muniain on top Tbh. Yeah he's been a bit dry in front of goal in the past games despite the clear chances he's had. I think he's just come back from his dry spell. If he can get 7-10 goals by the end of the season then I'd think it would be fair to say he's gotten past the dry spell.

Off course you would have put Muniain on top. There is no Madrid player who is got enough to claim that he should be #1 without looking a fool, so you, being a hard closet Madrid fan, would put any player at #1 before a Barça player.

You mean there's no Valencia player at that level. Wink

It's not like I think putting in Thiago Alcantara is exagerated or anything. It's pretty close between the two. I've stated my reason as to why I think he should be top as well and I think it's acceptable.

Why you hatin' bro?

Cause you go around all "neutral" and "cool" but in the end all your posts are utterly predictable and biased. You should at least throw away your mask and show yourself as a Real Madrid fan. We all know that in a CL final Valencia with Madrid, you would be supporting the latter.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:49 pm

Crimson wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:Muniain should be number 1. The guy made a name for himself at the age of 16 and has always been an important player for Bilbao. 107 app and he is still 19. He is a starter whereas Thiago isn't. Atm Muniain deserves to be no.1.

But seriously what has Munian done about from a few glimpses of brilliance and terrible inconsistency?

Thiago has managed to break through and get some starts in what is the best midfield in the world

Munian would not even have a chance at Barcelona, even with the squad depth.

Munain has what two goals and two assists in 20 odd starts this season? And that's in the team with the third most goals in LigaBBVA mind you.

Thiago on the other had has three assists and a goal to his name in half as many starts and playing a less advanced role.

But that does not even scratch the surface, Munian averages 1.4 key passes per game and has an overall pass completion rate of 82.8% but only avgs 39 passes per game in the 3rd highest passing team in LigaBBVA.
In 20 starts Munian has had a total of 830 passes.

Compared to Thiago who has had 11 starts, he has managed 1200 passes (400 more than Munian in half the time) a 93.3% pass completion rate and a average of over 70 passes per game (double that of Munian). On top of that he has avg 1 key pass per game.

Now where Munian dazzles and amazes, dribbling the ball Munian avgs 1.6 successful dribbles per game, not much more than the 1.1 of Thiago.

Then to top it all off despite receiving much less of the ball and passing alot less of the ball Munian is dispossessed 2.8 times per game and on top of that turns the ball over 1.5 times per game.

Thiago in comparison is dispossessed 1.5 times per game and avgs just 0.6 turnovers.

Then to top it all off again, Thiago also avgs 2.3 tackles per game and 1.5 interceptions per game, in comparison Munian avgs 1.3 tackles and 1.6 interceptions

In every area Thiago is better and provides more.

Don't get me wrong Munian can be impressive at times but not all the time. Every time Thiago has played he has never put in a poor performance, not always brilliant but very very consistent.

And to kill off the debate this is Munians 3rd season in La Liga, despite his age he has a ton of experience on Thiago in the top flight and yet Thiago shows up like he's been playing in LigaBBVA for the last 10 years.

I don't there is much more Muniain can actually do for his age. Abeit his stats are not very impressive.

You say he Thiago has broken into the best midfield in the world well for one he isn't actually a starter and Xavi and Iniesta are not going to play every minute someone as good as Thiago is obviously going to get minutes anyway. I could even argue that because he has better players around him he is performing better. Play him in a weaker team and you don't know if he would put in the same performances.

Barcelona have Villa, Pedro, Sanchez and Messi that can play on the wings. Who do they have to cover for Xaviesta? Cesc? (don't make me laugh). Keita and Mascherano can't play the same role.
If Cuence can get minutes then Muniain easily could. Muniain >>>>>> Cuenca.

Thiago plays in the best midfield in the world. Obviously he is going to have more passes and the amount of sideways passes Barca play I wouldn't be surprised if everyone on their team had 90% pass accuracy.
They also play different positions. On top of that key passes don't mean much. A simple pass can lead to someone taking a shot and leading to a key pass.

Still a better dribbler even though the difference is small. Again in Barca's midfield even Keita would find it hard to be dispossessed. Look at the number of tackles each Barca player makes and then compare it to the Bilbao players of their respective positions I bet nearly all of them have a higher tackle rate due to Barca's high pressuring.

Stats don't mean much only thing Thiago has which can be considered much better is passing.

Just so you know Barca B play nearly the same way as Barcelona first team. Thiago did not move from Castilla and adapt straight to the top flight. He moved from Barca B into nearly the same system, but playing with world class players.

EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:51 pm

free_cat wrote:Cause you go around all "neutral" and "cool" but in the end all your posts are utterly predictable and biased. You should at least throw away your mask and show yourself as a Real Madrid fan. We all know that in a CL final Valencia with Madrid, you would be supporting the latter.

So you think I'm "neutral" and "cool". That's flattering. Very Happy
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:53 pm

free_cat wrote:Cause you go around all "neutral" and "cool" but in the end all your posts are utterly predictable and biased. You should at least throw away your mask and show yourself as a Real Madrid fan. We all know that in a CL final Valencia with Madrid, you would be supporting the latter.

The Top 10 Young Spaniards playing in La Liga - Page 4 4961
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:55 pm

Laughing Izzy, chill bro. Let's not start a maelstrom in a glass of water.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:56 pm

Ironically, Che (the other Valencia fan) has been told the same thing The Liberated Feline wrote to Hispano.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:58 pm

izzy wrote:

The Top 10 Young Spaniards playing in La Liga - Page 4 4961

My thoughts exactly Laughing

For the record I think Thiagod is easily number 1 atm :coffee:

Lolbregas shouldn't even be on the same pitch. banana
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:04 pm

Doc wrote:Ironically, Che (the other Valencia fan) has been told the same thing The Liberated Feline wrote to Hispano.

Maybe he said something to the dislike of some Barca fans, which is rare coming from Che to begin with.

Free Cat must have kneejerked on that comment.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Giggslegend Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:40 pm

wtf!! why isnt messi on that list!
Giggslegend
Giggslegend
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:44 pm

Crimson wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:Muniain should be number 1. The guy made a name for himself at the age of 16 and has always been an important player for Bilbao. 107 app and he is still 19. He is a starter whereas Thiago isn't. Atm Muniain deserves to be no.1.

But seriously what has Munian done about from a few glimpses of brilliance and terrible inconsistency?

Thiago has managed to break through and get some starts in what is the best midfield in the world

Munain has what two goals and two assists in 20 odd starts this season? And that's in the team with the third most goals in LigaBBVA mind you.

Thiago on the other had has three assists and a goal to his name in half as many starts and playing a less advanced role.

But that does not even scratch the surface, Munian averages 1.4 key passes per game and has an overall pass completion rate of 82.8% but only avgs 39 passes per game in the 3rd highest passing team in LigaBBVA.

Compared to Thiago who has had 11 starts, he has managed 1200 passes (400 more than Munian in half the time) a 93.3% pass completion rate and a average of over 70 passes per game (double that of Munian). On top of that he has avg 1 key pass per game.

Now where Munian dazzles and amazes, dribbling the ball Munian avgs 1.6 successful dribbles per game, not much more than the 1.1 of Thiago.

Then to top it all off despite receiving much less of the ball and passing alot less of the ball Munian is dispossessed 2.8 times per game and on top of that turns the ball over 1.5 times per game.

Thiago in comparison is dispossessed 1.5 times per game and avgs just 0.6 turnovers.

Then to top it all off again, Thiago also avgs 2.3 tackles per game and 1.5 interceptions per game, in comparison Munian avgs 1.3 tackles and 1.6 interceptions

Don't get me wrong Munian can be impressive at times but not all the time. Every time Thiago has played he has never put in a poor performance, not always brilliant but very very consistent.

And to kill off the debate this is Munians 3rd season in La Liga, despite his age he has a ton of experience on Thiago in the top flight and yet Thiago shows up like he's been playing in LigaBBVA for the last 10 years.

Interesting, but i dont think its wise to use statistics to choose which player is better, or even performing better. There are too many aspects that arent recorded in stats, and obviously there are so many factors that have to be taken into account, for example the role thiago plays will obviously result in less turnovers

Tbh the youngster i enjoy watching most from spain is isco
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:45 pm

Giggslegend wrote:wtf!! why isnt messi on that list!

1- He is 24
2- He is not Spanish

Laughing
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:45 pm

Messi was born 87'. 90' or younger is acceptable here.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:07 pm

windkick wrote:
Diego Armando Maradona wrote:Tbh im quite confident wilshere and hazard are more talented based on how the move and control the ball, but that is subjective and people will all have their different perceptions of "talent" . Using the basis that he plays for barcelona isnt good enough though to make a statement like that

I think Hazard is allot more hype than what he deserves but maybe that's just me. I think he is no better than being on Grevinho's level, not on a course to reach Robbens level for example. But we'll see.

wait, what? The Hazard hype is justified from what he has been doing in France for a while now. He is better than Gervinho, that much is known, even from the time they were teammates, Hazard was the most important player in the team, the one trying to take over games and having the better performances.

We cant predict for sure how good he is going to be, but if i were to take a guess, he can get at least as good as the best of Ribery imo. And both Ribery and Robben, while being excellent footballers, are nothing special when you look at the great footballers we have seen overtime.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:16 pm

Lord Hispano wrote:
Doc wrote:Ironically, Che (the other Valencia fan) has been told the same thing The Liberated Feline wrote to Hispano.

Maybe he said something to the dislike of some Barca fans, which is rare coming from Che to begin with.

Free Cat must have kneejerked on that comment.

Not in that sense but more Che being accused of being a closet Barca fan by Real Madrid fans. Including myself...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:30 pm

Crimson wrote:

I admire your weekly statistical analysis but I'll have to clear a few things up since your letting stats tell a bit too much of the story.

Your saying he has shown only glimpses of brilliance but terrible inconsistency. You couldn't be more wrong here as Muniain is known to us for his superb consistent play and his big game presence. If anything, he is just lazy in smaller games.

Your counting Muniain's goals and assists. I hope you know he isn't a forward. Iker has been playing roles that range from SS, Winger and Trequartista for Bilbao in a system in which Bielsa changes every 2 games for some odd reason.

But..... no Basque's count his stats, its simply the havoc he causes on the pitch. Luis Suarez isn't statistically impressive this season yet every Liverpool fan and the fans of the opposition have been highly impressed by his presence and the fear he strikers in the opposition.

Muniain cannot be measured by stats simply because his play ranges from subtle to overt. The defenders that he troubles and causes to move them out of position through his movement, his visionary playmaking outside and within the box, his chances created, his use of both feet, his laser accurate passing, his pure technique. His play isn't so tangible, but the difference he makes is unpredictable and usually makes the difference for Bilbao or the Selekzioa.

Alcantara plays in a system which harnesses his general and passing play.

I won't further take anything away from Thiago as mentioned above by me, I wouldn't argue him being top, but I feel you have taken to much away from Iker as he is one of Bilbao's best performers almost every time he is on the pitch. This is a boy who is what, 18-19?

Wouldn't even get into Barca bench? I'm sure Sanchez and Pedro or Cuenca are so much better than him atm. Give me a break

He is just so so complete and the scary thing is he is in a relatively early stage of development.

Thiago has probably proven more through some aspects, but as for talent, that is quite arguable. Muniain constantly comes through when his team needs him in performance and steps it up in the big stage almost all the time.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:23 am

Arquitecto wrote:
Crimson wrote:

I admire your weekly statistical analysis but I'll have to clear a few things up since your letting stats tell a bit too much of the story.

Your saying he has shown only glimpses of brilliance but terrible inconsistency. You couldn't be more wrong here as Muniain is known to us for his superb consistent play and his big game presence. If anything, he is just lazy in smaller games.

Your counting Muniain's goals and assists. I hope you know he isn't a forward. Iker has been playing roles that range from SS, Winger and Trequartista for Bilbao in a system in which Bielsa changes every 2 games for some odd reason.

But..... no Basque's count his stats, its simply the havoc he causes on the pitch. Luis Suarez isn't statistically impressive this season yet every Liverpool fan and the fans of the opposition have been highly impressed by his presence and the fear he strikers in the opposition.

Muniain cannot be measured by stats simply because his play ranges from subtle to overt. The defenders that he troubles and causes to move them out of position through his movement, his visionary playmaking outside and within the box, his chances created, his use of both feet, his laser accurate passing, his pure technique. His play isn't so tangible, but the difference he makes is unpredictable and usually makes the difference for Bilbao or the Selekzioa.

Alcantara plays in a system which harnesses his general and passing play.

I won't further take anything away from Thiago as mentioned above by me, I wouldn't argue him being top, but I feel you have taken to much away from Iker as he is one of Bilbao's best performers almost every time he is on the pitch. This is a boy who is what, 18-19?

Wouldn't even get into Barca bench? I'm sure Sanchez and Pedro or Cuenca are so much better than him atm. Give me a break

He is just so so complete and the scary thing is he is in a relatively early stage of development.

Thiago has probably proven more through some aspects, but as for talent, that is quite arguable. Muniain constantly comes through when his team needs him in performance and steps it up in the big stage almost all the time.

Ahhh see this is where you could not be more wrong.

I watch Bilbao week in and week out.

Munian so far this season has had exceptional performances against Osasuna, Sociedad, Rayo, Valencia, Sevilla and wasn't bad against Barcelona.

But against the likes of Malaga, Villareal, Atletico (despite the big win), Granada, Mallorca, Rayo (recently) he has been very poor, almost non-existent.

As for the other games in between he was nothing more than average not poor not amazing but did his job.

Against Sevilla and Osasuna are the only two games I can remember him actually putting in a MotM performance.

As for Thiago he destroyed Osasuna, Atletico Madrid, Gijon, Santander, Mallorca and Malaga.

The only poor game from him and it wasn't even that bad was his second game of the season against Sociedad.

Not to mention Thiago has done alot better in Europe.

To say Munian is consistent proves a need to go back and actually watch his games......

Back to top Go down

Post by Giggslegend Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:38 am

EarlyPrototype wrote:

1- He is 24
2- He is not Spanish

Laughing

a serious answer to an unserious statement Smile
Giggslegend
Giggslegend
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:36 pm

Arquitecto wrote:First, I really really do NOT see at all how Montoya and especially Deulofeu are above Montoya as Sarabia has proven to be more influential in the teams he plays along especially for the younger Espana teams. Montoya and Deulofeu have been doing it in the segunda and don't deserve such praise.

As for the rest, I would put Iker above Thiago, but would completely understand on why he is first. Also, I don't understand how Jese and especially Morata aren't in there.

didn't u contradict your self in this comment?

Jese? Morata? they are playing in 3rd division.. didn't have a single appearance this season with 1st team ! So?

at least Deulofeu (17) & Montoya (20) are playing in 2nd division [Segunda] Vs teams like Deportivo, Almeria, Hercules, Celta Vigo etc...

Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:45 pm

Adit wrote:
Doc wrote:Remember Adit, this is a subjective point of view and should not be taken as the be all and end all. I personally did not like how the writer made it out be like Thiago is the most talented out of the age group just because he gets some games for Barcelona but it doesn't change the fact that he is really talented and would be number 1 in several top 10 La Liga talents solely based on that.

Yes, Munian is very much more important to Athletic than Thiago is to Barcelona however let's not make it a big deal. One warrants the "top spot" as much as the other. I do have some issues with Deulofeu being there though...

I dont deny Thiago is talented but one has 107 appearances and most of them very important matches too and more importantly he is doing excellent at his role . while thiago barely played 30 matches and 15 of them as subs and dead wood matches..i wouldnt place thiago above Munian now, since both players has done well but Munian is far more proven.

Franchise is making as if Munian is rated above solely on his number of appearances lol,its not the case mofo.Its combination of performance,Importance to the team and number of games.

Thiago made his 50th appearance (official games) at Barca last Saturday, he has 7goals so far.

This season Thiago played 30matches [23 starts] scored 3 goals & assisted 8.

About CL games, he has 4 matches [3 starts] this season.. U must watch his performance Vs ACMilan at San Siro.

Most Important: Thiago has 84.3 average passes per game | [ 93.1 % accuracy] ==> Best in Europe!
{Above Passing Stats in CL & League.}
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:05 am

Khaledbarca wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:First, I really really do NOT see at all how Montoya and especially Deulofeu are above Montoya as Sarabia has proven to be more influential in the teams he plays along especially for the younger Espana teams. Montoya and Deulofeu have been doing it in the segunda and don't deserve such praise.

As for the rest, I would put Iker above Thiago, but would completely understand on why he is first. Also, I don't understand how Jese and especially Morata aren't in there.

Jese? Morata? they are playing in 3rd division.. didn't have a single appearance this season with 1st team ! So?

at least Deulofeu (17) & Montoya (20) are playing in 2nd division [Segunda] Vs teams like Deportivo, Almeria, Hercules, Celta Vigo etc...

Funny, cause I remember real madrid Castilla competing in the Segunda.

Don't know where you got your facts from.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:16 am

Arquitecto wrote:
Khaledbarca wrote:

Segunda B===> 3rd Division!! [ 1 of 8o teams]
http://www.marca.com/estadisticas/futbol/segundab/grupo_1/

Barcelona B are competing in Segunda A ===> 2nd Division ! [ 1 of 22 teams]
Link: http://www.marca.com/estadisticas/futbol/segunda/clasificacion.html

LoOoOoOoOoL
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:21 am

Arquitecto probably mixed it up with Getafe Castilla or Espanyol Castilla, who are not playing in segunda, but will definitely play there sooner or later. Very Happy
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:28 am

Khaledbarca wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:
Khaledbarca wrote:

Segunda B===> 3rd Division!! [ 1 of 8o teams]
http://www.marca.com/estadisticas/futbol/segundab/grupo_1/

Barcelona B are competing in Segunda A ===> 2nd Division ! [ 1 of 22 teams]
Link: http://www.marca.com/estadisticas/futbol/segunda/clasificacion.html

LoOoOoOoOoL

I thought you mean by the 3rd division you mean Tercera.

Yes in that aspect your right, but Real Madrid castilla regularly face off against segunda A teams in de cara a caras.

But its pretty disappointing to see RM's castilla in the SB division atm.

As for Montoya, I rate him highly, but not so much deufoleu....yet.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next