Does Barca playing so well diminish Peps reputation?

+28
BAYERN_MUNICH
Pedram
Mamad
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Gil
Raptorgunner
harhar11
Donuts
guest7
The Sanchez
barca 2011
Milan31
norton
FennecFox7
The Franchise
Milantildeath
VanDeezNuts
Onyx
Art Morte
The Messiah
Abramovich
gondov
McAgger
jibers
BarrileteCosmico
Die Borussen
Adit
Swanhends
32 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Does Barca playing so well diminish Peps reputation? Empty Does Barca playing so well diminish Peps reputation?

Post by Swanhends Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:25 pm

The fact that he was so easily replaced - does that make you question his impact?
Since Barca have a clear system and such great players etc, does the man in charge really have much effect?

Discuss :coffee:
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Does Barca playing so well diminish Peps reputation? Empty Re: Does Barca playing so well diminish Peps reputation?

Post by Adit Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:28 pm

Yes it brings some doubt to mind honestly.. makes strong impression that it was mainly player quality than it was Guardiola..Although his contribution was undeniable and should be praised.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Does Barca playing so well diminish Peps reputation? Empty Re: Does Barca playing so well diminish Peps reputation?

Post by Die Borussen Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:36 pm

not necessarily given that the guy that is currently coaching barca was beside pep when he was coaching therefore the present footy that barca is displaying could very well be a continuity of pep's original work

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:39 pm

They're playing under essentially the same formation, the same players, the same tactics, etc, which Pep established. So I don't really think so.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:41 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:They're playing under essentially the same formation, the same players, the same tactics, etc, which Pep established. So I don't really think so.
Are you implying Tito is just a dummy ?
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:49 pm

No I'm not saying that, he's a continuation of what we had before.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:52 pm

Tito is using the smae conspts that pep introduced Laughing

Pep is the Main reason Barcelona play this way.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:54 pm

jibers wrote:

No Cruyff is.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:59 pm

pepyff is

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:03 pm

Does Barca playing so well diminish Peps reputation? Ib1M0ZRjFhLGrG

Tito and Pep worked together for 4 years, dummies !

I'm no expert but I think, Tito was also responsible for Barca's tactics and success over that period of time?

This thread would only be relevant if this barca side had a completely different management team after Pep's departure.
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:15 pm

Everything was already set in place by Pep and working with Pep for 4 years side by side he was best in place to continue what was already started.

Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:17 pm

That GIF is awesome Laughing
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:19 pm

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:
jibers wrote:

No Cruyff is.

Nope Cruyff is not the one that came o Barcelona when they were ffinishng third. If you are oing o say Cruyff the LAurentto Ruiz and van Gaal have had impact, even Bielsa. Pep IS the main reason. He is the one that transformed the team and made them play in a differet way under the same platform. Xavi wont be half the player he is made to look like now where it not for Pep.

Neither would Messi. As someone said it was the perfect pyramid.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:08 pm

You can't say much for now, until they come out of la-liga and play another strong team. Say for example a team like Juventus, Dortmund or Bayern.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:23 pm

To me the answer is "no", but I think I rate Guardiola lower than the average football fan. Or should I say I'm not convinced yet, he has managed only Barcelona with an amazing squad. Waiting for him to take on a new job and see how he does.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:30 pm

Tito's just carrying on from what Pep started.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:30 pm

tactically maybe, but pep is the one that defined the team, and worked with many of the players through the youth system up to the first team.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:47 pm

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:
jibers wrote:

No Cruyff is.

Kudos, with the current system at Barcelona I could manage them with the same results.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:55 pm

Nah, Tito is just an extension of Pep..he learnt and worked with Pep for enough time.

Pep is still the goat.

Nobody would dare say this about Sacchi when Capello came in, and he actually changed a few things.

Tito is a smart guy who understands what Pep has done and knows not to mess with it much while adding a couple new wrinkles and ironing out some problems.

I dont think his subs and adjustments during the game are quite as good as Pep, but it still very early and the big games are still to come.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:30 am

Pep perfected the system :facepalm: Cruyff did not do as much as pep did to give barca the success they have today..
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by norton Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:22 am

I think any big club owner would want Pep as a manager, regardless.

norton
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan31 Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:26 am

I don't think so. I have alot of respect for Pep but I am really curious how he will do with another club. What he does there will really show how good of a manager Pep really is.
Milan31
Milan31
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:34 am

Capello's milan achieved more than Sacchi's. Did that diminish Sacchi's reputation? No. Pep's Barcelona will be remembered more than Tito's just because they have redefined the way football has been perceived.

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:12 am

Of course it doesn't diminish what pep did. When pep left we were all bummed out. But when Tito was announced as the new coach I think we all breathed a sigh of relief because it was evident that not much would change. He was peps right hand ffs. I'd still wait at least one season to even suggest that he might be diminishing pep.

On a side note its still lolworthy when some of you on here still don't rate pep as high, as if he didn't win a treble in his first season. Just cause he hasn't coached elsewhere smh.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:31 am

barca 2011 wrote:Of course it doesn't diminish what pep did. When pep left we were all bummed out. But when Tito was announced as the new coach I think we all breathed a sigh of relief because it was evident that not much would change. He was peps right hand ffs. I'd still wait at least one season to even suggest that he might be diminishing pep.

On a side note its still lolworthy when some of you on here still don't rate pep as high, as if he didn't win a treble in his first season. Just cause he hasn't coached elsewhere smh.

People will claim that Barca should've won that treble due to the ref. #Inb4UEFAlonachantscome
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next