Milan v Arsenal: Arquitecto's Comprehensive Neutral Man's Perspective, Breakdown & Pre-Analysis

+18
Ganso
Adit
MJ
Nehpets
Forza
Sina
Zealous
Lex
SamuelJayC
Wilson37
Sri
Highburied
Iceman
Raptorgunner
Jay29
Babun
Tigole
Arquitecto
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Milan v Arsenal: Arquitecto's Comprehensive Neutral Man's Perspective, Breakdown & Pre-Analysis  - Page 2 Empty Re: Milan v Arsenal: Arquitecto's Comprehensive Neutral Man's Perspective, Breakdown & Pre-Analysis

Post by Forza Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:01 pm

Great response to back up your opinions Arq. I definitely agree on the point you raised about Pato too - Perhaps he might be used as an impact sub at around 65-70 mins, although Allegri often makes changes 10 minutes after they are needed.

Nes-T33 wrote:how do you know that boa wont start?

if he doesnt start im expecting a loss.

My best guess is that Boateng will come on at just after half time if we are not playing well. Allegri won't want to risk a bad performance or Boateng re-injuring himself because he was rushed in too soon. If it was me, I'd start him, but obviously Allegri knows much more about what kind of condition the players are in. No need to expect a loss though, our team is capable of playing well without Boateng.

Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Milan v Arsenal: Arquitecto's Comprehensive Neutral Man's Perspective, Breakdown & Pre-Analysis  - Page 2 Empty Re: Milan v Arsenal: Arquitecto's Comprehensive Neutral Man's Perspective, Breakdown & Pre-Analysis

Post by leemhuis Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:43 am

I am so glad we destroyed all that BS about Arsenal being a better team than Milan. I knew it was BS when I read it, but bit my tongue. We thrashed Arsenal and we are a far better team, far better.
leemhuis
leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:03 am

leemhuis wrote:I am so glad we destroyed all that BS about Arsenal being a better team than Milan. I knew it was BS when I read it, but bit my tongue. We thrashed Arsenal and we are a far better team, far better.
I'm glad you feel sympathy, sweetie.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:50 am

Arq you should really start thinking about starting your own blog or something of that sort.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:54 am

I haven't posted in this thread after the night in San Siro since I knew no Gooner would want to hear too much from Milan fans but I decided to post my opinions from the Milan thread.

I have a bad feeling. A real sinister feeling inside me that is probably surged from a champions league night in which a bunch of Galicians had overturned a result in which was not thought possible. It is the night in which I hold my single greatest fury against the Great Carletto.

You see there is a great predicament when you come in with a result like 4-0. As advantageous as this is, its almost a dilemma on how you would approach the game. On one hand you cannot predict whether Arsenal will conserve there players and only play for experimentation and too pass the day, or the 2nd option (which is more likely), that they will be far more hungry for a win than our team since they want to salvage their pride and shun the embarrassment inflicted upon them from that night in the San Siro.

Problem is, Allegri, who I rate as a superb tactician in all forms of intelligence, I don't rate him as a motivator. This has always been my problem with him as this is some of the cause in our big game problems (despite the big game problem being incredibly blown out of proportion). For me is is a little to introspective when it comes to motivation as is more along the lines of Rafa who sticks to his drawing board and keeps a little more quiet than you should be. Allegri is a proven leader with his fine leadership qualities, yet that missing element is motivation. Recently since the Udinese game, he has shown a superb improvement in this aspect, yet it is too early too tell. Allegri has been criticized for not taking useless games (in which is useless for the team) too seriously. Examples like Ajax last season or Plznen (both the final games of the CL group) or many other games near the end of the season in which we had the scudetto in our hands. The only optimism I have is:

1. He rested Van Bommel for Palermo which is a clear indication of how seriously he MAY take Arsenal.

2. He has shown remarkable ability to learn from his mistakes.

Which is why, he will need to DRILL, INSTILL AND CEMENT a winning mentality in the teams heads just for this game alone.

We cannot have our player worry about conserving energy or worrying about possible injuries.

We cannot have our team resting on the four goal cushion cause this is Arsenal we are facing, and this is the champions league my amici.

We cannot be COMPLACENT and Allegri must have the same collaborative and hungry mentality that he gave to the players in the first leg.

My preferred line-up: 4-3-1-2

Abbiati

Abate-Silva-Mexes-Antonini

Aquilani-MvB-Nocerino

Emaneulsson
Robinho-Ibra

Subs: SES, Ambrosini, Innocente

Why Antonini? Mesbah lacks CL experience and Antonini despite all the criticism has actually shown up against some big teams and has the experience to counter-act some of what Arsenal can throw at us. Lets not forget with his recent performance he is in confidence. Aquilani has impressed in training as I want him to regain some CL experience along with the fact that his passing and composure can provide a new element for our energetic and tenacious team as it did earlier in the season.

In the end, Emirates will be a cauldron as it usually is despite bad Arsenal results along with the stadio being immense in Euro nights.

My line-up doesn't even matter. Don't pay attention to that.

We know Allegri's tactics are enough yet it is the APPROACH and ATTITUDE to the game we take that will provide oh so crucial.

This tie isn't over yet.

Pretty much embodies my thoughts and still remains given that Wenger's words show he wants to attack and salvage more than pride, but a result.

Personally: My prediction is a 2-0, or a 3-1. Will be either of them.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:35 am

Arquitecto wrote:
Personally: My prediction is a 2-0, or a 3-1. Will be either of them.

We are in superb form, that has to come into the equation somewhere. I can't see us losing by 2 goals or not scoring.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2