Patrick Bateman
Rebaño Sagrado
The Franchise
chinomaster182
Grande_Milano
34 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Team of the Season as it stands now? Empty Team of the Season as it stands now?

Post by Grande_Milano Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:21 am

Neuer
Alves-TS-Puyol-Marcelo
Xavi-Schweinsteiger-Iniesta
RVP-Ibra-Messi
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Team of the Season as it stands now? Empty Re: Team of the Season as it stands now?

Post by chinomaster182 Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:22 am

^I'd take out RVP and put in Penaldo
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Team of the Season as it stands now? Empty Re: Team of the Season as it stands now?

Post by The Franchise Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:24 am

Schweinsteiger missed quite a few games, Puyol hasnt been good either.

I am sure an arguement for Cristiano could be made, aswell as Ramos. Among others.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:25 am

Iniesta has been injured a lot this season, hasn't he?
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:25 am

Grande_Milano wrote:Neuer
Alves-TS-Puyol-Marcelo
Xavi-DDR-Iniesta
RVP-Ibra-Messi

Fixed
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:27 am

Can't fault that line-up. Casillas for GK maybe? or this Ter Stegen guy, who the Bundesliga fans hype, but I have only seen highlights.

Ronaldo and Benzema are not included, but I think that is justified by the calibre of players that are included. Maybe Iniesta would be the one to miss out instead, or Marcelo would be dropped for a 3-4-3.

De Rossi maybe too, instead of Schwieni who has been good, but has also been injured for a while.

Pique instead of Puyol?
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:28 am

Good points, but I am on GermanTiger bandwagon. Iniesta is just boss :vagi:

Penaldo is in hard comp this year vs RVP/Ibra/Messi
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:29 am

Ribery deserves consideration, as does David Silva.

Di Maria injury rules him out and Ozil only been on it since Barca.

I think Abidal has been better than Marcelo and the fact Marcelo didnt play in the Copa tells you something about his defensive performances.

Ballestros has probably been the best centerback in Spain.

Koscienly, Colocini, Agger, Kompany all deserve consideration.

Pirlo can shout as load as anyone for a place.

Basically tons of players.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:32 am

Yeah, we need best of the best, everybody welcome to make a team. Anyway, UEFA will make some weierd team of the year like always with Cassillias in it Afro
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:32 am

I forget Di Rossi and Benz, shame on me.

Iniesta has played 13 games out of 22 in La Liga, so I guess its up in the air in terms of how much he deserves it.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:33 am

Grande_Milano wrote:Good points, but I am on GermanTiger bandwagon. Iniesta is just boss :vagi:

Penaldo is in hard comp this year vs RVP/Ibra/Messi

RVP is not in Ronaldos league ffs. Get real.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:34 am

Marcelo has been struggling with fitness Franchise. IMO we're a much better side when he plays, however there have been better LB's this year (he was the stand out LB for me last year though)

Angelito has been injured too, but when he comes back I expect people to sit up and pay attention Very Happy.

Ozil has been great imo, especially recently.

However the main three players from my team that I'd nominate would be Iker, Ramos and Cris. Benz in with a shout as well.

Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:35 am

Grande_Milano wrote:Yeah, we need best of the best, everybody welcome to make a team. Anyway, UEFA will make some weierd team of the year like always with Cassillias in it Afro

And Casillas would deserve it. Just like he deserved the other five.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:36 am

The Franchise wrote:I forget Di Rossi and Benz, shame on me.

Iniesta has played 13 games out of 22 in La Liga, so I guess its up in the air in terms of how much he deserves it.

Our best player this season,he really has adapted well to his new role playing as a sweeper.
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:36 am

I started making a lineup but thinking about who my options were at fullback made me want to cry so I stopped

With the quality of fullback out there its a mystery that my phone isn't ringing off the hooks for a trial Laughing
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:40 am

Fair enough, I thought he was simply not played because of his defence. But to be fair, I feel he hasnt been good enough defensively.

I feel Ozil started rather slow, which when only able to fit 11 players makes it hard on him.

I agree about the 3 you named and Benz, I think all could get a place but it depends how you want to line the team up.

I mean, I could go with

----Dani Alves-----TS-----Ramos-----

--------------------Pirlo-----------------

------------Xavi----------Iniesta------

------------------Silva-----------------

Messi-----------Ibra--------Cristiano

With Ibra, RVP and Benz all questions, Iniesta, Ozil questions, Ramos and Koscienly questions, Ribery and Silva questions and change the formation.

So difficult.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:44 am

The Franchise wrote:Fair enough, I thought he was simply not played because of his defence. But to be fair, I feel he hasnt been good enough defensively.

I feel Ozil started rather slow, which when only able to fit 11 players makes it hard on him.

I agree about the 3 you named and Benz, I think all could get a place but it depends how you want to line the team up.

I mean, I could go with

With Ibra, RVP and Benz all questions, Iniesta, Ozil questions, Ramos and Koscienly questions, Ribery and Silva questions and change the formation.

So difficult.

3-4-3 as formation of the season so far :pepface:

I definitely agree with the names being mentioned though. A shout out to Richards and Hart too, they've done quite well this year for me.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:45 am

GK -Neuer:
Has had a great season, not flawless but great nonetheless.

RB - Dani Alves:
Can't think of anyone performing better than him right now at RB.

CB - Puyol:
Barcelona were undefeated this season with Puyol playing until last week, he's come up with important goals too against Madrid and Valencia, he deserves it imo.

CB - TSilva:
Best CB in the world imo. soon to be Cule :dance:

LB - Abidal:
Continued last seasons form mostly into this one, has been very solid defensively on a consistent basis.

RM - Di Maria:
Stepped up his game after a slow start to the season and has been one of the best players in his club so far.

CM - Pirlo:
Hardly arguable that he has been Juventus' best player this season, amazing the level of play he has been playing at this season for his age.

LM - Ribery:
Has been a stand out performer at Bayern this season with Robbens injuries.

CAM - Messi:

ST: - Benzema:
Great player, really has been performing above any of his fellow Real Madrid players so far.

ST - van Persie:
Has had Arsenal on his back this season and has been the best player in the donkey league by miles imo.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:48 am

Albiceleste wrote:GK -Neuer:
Has had a great season, not flawless but great nonetheless.

RB - Dani Alves:
Can't think of anyone performing better than him right now at RB.

CB - Puyol:
Barcelona were undefeated this season with Puyol playing until last week, he's come up with important goals too against Madrid and Valencia, he deserves it imo.

CB - TSilva:
Best CB in the world imo. soon to be Cule :dance:

LB - Abidal:
Continued last seasons form mostly into this one, has been very solid defensively on a consistent basis.

RM - Di Maria:
Stepped up his game after a slow start to the season and has been one of the best players in his club so far.

CM - Pirlo:
Hardly arguable that he has been Juventus' best player this season, amazing the level of play he has been playing at this season for his age.

LM - Ribery:
Has been a stand out performer at Bayern this season with Robbens injuries.

CAM - Messi:

ST: - Benzema:
Great player, really has been performing above any of his fellow Real Madrid players so far.

ST - van Persie:
Has had Arsenal on his back this season and has been the best player in the donkey league by miles imo.

I totally agree with you, except that I will replace Gomez with Van Persie and Toni Kroos for Pirlo considering he might have even played better than Ribery...
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:51 am

No Cristiano or Iker is extremely debatable for me.

I'm sorry I know the Iker is overrated circle jerk is strong in GL but Iker has been preforming extremely well this season, Neuer on the other hand has had some extremely meh games and he isn't even tested as much as Iker has.

Last edited by Zealous on Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:51 am

Zealous wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Fair enough, I thought he was simply not played because of his defence. But to be fair, I feel he hasnt been good enough defensively.

I mean, I could go with

So difficult.

3-4-3 as formation of the season so far :pepface:

I definitely agree with the names being mentioned though. A shout out to Richards and Hart too, they've done quite well this year for me.

lol certaintly not

But yeah, you see I forgot those two. I was even hyping Richards a little bit before and I still forget him. He has been excellent..perhaps 2nd best in the world excellent? Never EVER thought I would say that lol
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:52 am

Richards is a physical beast. The guys can run all day, it's almost endearing lol
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:54 am

Yeah, to be honest I feel Cristiano is a must and I also feel Xavi is a must. Usual dominance and he even scored 7 goals already.

I dont know about goalies, its hard to judge. Really you could give it to a few guys and I wouldnt really argue either way.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:56 am

I feel bad for Napoli, because of their unique formation is easy to overlook them when trying to fit them into positions teams with more "normal" formations.

Not that I would put any of them in an 11, but its tough not even mentioning them.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:56 am

GK: Ter Stegen
RB: D. Alves
CB's: Chiellini; Ramos
LB: Marcelo
CM's: Xavi; Modric
AM's: Ozil; Ronaldo
CF's: M.Reus; Messi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next