mezzogiornese
26 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Napoli - Page 3 Empty Re: Napoli

Post by mezzogiornese Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:27 pm

Napoli Sign Inler!

http://www.football-italia.net/jul11n.html

I've also been reading they are enquiring about pastore and sanchez which I bet means one of Lavezzi or Hamsik is on their way out. Both very over rated players and getting one of Pastore or Sanchez as a replacement would be fantastic business.

Sanchez could far improve on Lavezzi and I think Pastore could improve on Hamsik. Why not both :p

mezzogiornese
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The BoyWonder Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:00 pm

it's OFFICIAL. Napoli have signed Inler...

great signing..hope napoli does well next season champs league

The BoyWonder
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:20 pm

------------------------3----------4---------2---------1-------------------------------------

-----------------------------------DE SANCTIS------------------------------------------

---------------RUIZ-----------CANNAVARO----------FEDERICO FERNANDEZ-------

----MAGGIO------------INLER-----GARGANO/DZEMAILI-------LEFT WB------

----------------------HAMSIK-----------------------LAVEZZI--------------------------

-----------------------------------CAVANI---------------------------------------------

i think they need to sign a quality left wing back..dossena is just not good enough..since criscito has moved to zenith , i would like to see them go after someone like n'zogbia who would be a perfect fit for this formation..

but i am not entirely convinced with the central defense..plus not sure whether campagnaro would be fit and ready...

also i think they need to sign a forward to add depth in attack..they need a quality one though to give competition to cavani and lavezzi..

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by mezzogiornese Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:04 pm

Agree fully with you Suarag.

Cant help thinking that a good young goalkeeper and another bit of class in MF is needed- Gargano Inler isn't dynamic enough for me. Then you'd really have a side on par with the best- just behind the elite.

mezzogiornese
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by uzonero Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:06 am

De Sanctis is quite good but they'd need a much better gk and a better LWB to be improve even further.

Even if they haven't been linked, i think diego contento of bayern would be perfect for napoli
uzonero
uzonero
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:03 am

Napoli unveiled their new signing, Argentine defender Federico Fernandez. “It’s a dream come true and Paolo Cannavaro is my inspiration.”
The former Estudiantes man had effectively been signed in January for €3m, but has only just joined his new teammates due to a passport issue.

“Napoli is a dream come true. I am taking my first steps at the top level and it is an honour to be here. I hope to repay all the faith the club put in me,” he said at his presentation Press conference.

“Naples is like Argentina, as the fans are so very passionate. It feels like I’m home. The standard is so much higher in Serie A and the Champions League, so you need the utmost concentration to face them.

“Cannavaro is my inspiration, as he is a great professional. He took me to his house and his family were so welcoming to me, my father and my agent.”

The defender is looking forward to testing himself against the elite in Italy and Europe.

“I already played in a three-man defence and also at the right side, but I certainly feel better at the centre and like to push forward. I’m very strong in the air and can score goals.

“Considering Edinson Cavani plays in my team, I’d say the toughest opposition strikers are Alexandre Pato and Samuel Eto’o. However, that doesn’t mean I’m afraid to face them.”
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by del_boy Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:42 pm

It is Napoli's first year in Champions League, and some people are actually calling them a top club. I guess by that logic every CL club, is a top club.
del_boy
del_boy
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:49 pm

del_boy wrote:It is Napoli's first year in Champions League, and some people are actually calling them a top club. I guess by that logic every CL club, is a top club.

You Mad?

Napoli - Page 3 Cavani_2581228

They're doing well, they're building and adding depth, so there's no reason to be bitter just because one person - Arturo Vidal - called them a top European club.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by mezzogiornese Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:21 pm

Napoli simply are a big club. One of the largest fanbases in Italy, now cl. Did I mention Diego Armando Maradonna? Napoli have a history dirty teams like man city could only dream of. Atleast one of their font three seems to be wanted and could seemlesly fit into the starting XI of every club in europe which is more than can be said for juve :p

You Juventini are just bitter :p

As for Diego Contento thats a fantastic idea! Parents from Naples and could play with real passion and tenacity at that lacking wb slot.

mezzogiornese
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by del_boy Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:08 am

No, no, you are misunderstanding me.
I sincerly adore the project of the Napoili's raise, but to be considered a top club, that's not enough. At least yet.
I personally have stated plenty of times, that I have no problem seeing teams like Napoli in the big stage, unlike Man City and Chelsea who were "pushing" for it.
Napoli instead is building a gradual project to raise the team to top, but they're not just yet.

P.S. It's not just Vidal, it's a lot of other players, agents, and football "experts".
del_boy
del_boy
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:57 am

Napoli won their debut friendly of the season 6-0 against a local side with Cristiano Lucarelli’s double.
Still without their South American stars, the Azzurri broke the deadlock after 20 minutes when new buy Mario Alberto Santana set up Giuseppe Mascara.

Marek Hamsik whipped in a corner for Christian Maggio’s right-foot finish, then there were many changes at half-time.

Veteran hitman Lucarelli came off the bench and within three minutes had nodded in Daniele Mannini’s cross.

Mannini was again impressive 120 seconds later by setting up Mariano Bogliacino for 4-0.

Luca Cigarini was brought down for Lucarelli’s penalty and then Lucarelli returned the favour, pulling back for Cigarini to get the sixth goal.

Napoli 6-0 Trentino
Scorers: Mascara 20, Maggio 28, Lucarelli 48, pen 65, Bogliacino 50, Cigarini 75

Napoli First Half: De Sanctis, Fernandez, Cannavaro, Ruiz, Maggio, Donadel, Inler, Dossena, Hamsik, Santana, Mascara

Napoli Second Half: Rosati, Grava, Rinaudo, Britos, Mannini, Dzemaili, Cigarini, Aronica, Dezi, Bogliacino, Lucarelli
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:37 am

Ezequiel Lavezzi has been granted another week’s vacation, despite Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis disagreeing with the move.
The Argentine arrived back later than his teammates due to Copa America duty and was expected to begin pre-season training this week.

However, in accordance with Coach Walter Mazzarri, Lavezzi has been given another seven days off in Sardinia on the proviso he undergo a personalised training schedule set out by the medical staff.

“I don’t agree with the fact he is training separately in Sardinia, but I’m pleased he is getting that important division between the Copa America and the club season,” said President De Laurentiis.

“I said hello to him the other day when he visited the club headquarters and could see he was already in good shape.

“He just needs a bit of a psychological vacation that can take him away from football, so he can be completely refreshed after the Copa America.”
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:42 am

Napoli surprised Real Mallorca with a 1-0 friendly victory in Spain, as Juan Zuniga got the winning goal.
The Partenopei are preparing for Champions League football as well as Serie A this season and engaging in a series of high-profile friendlies.

Hugo Campagnaro almost opened the scoring within 120 seconds, but his header cracked against the crossbar.

Zuniga rose to nod in Mario Alberto Santana’s cross after 15 minutes in what proved to be the winning goal against Real Mallorca.

Antonio Rosati needed saves to deny Tejera, Castro’s header and a De Guzman free kick, ensuring the Napoli victory.

It was an impressive win considering Edinson Cavani and Ezequiel Lavezzi are still on vacation after the Copa America.

This also rained on Mallorca’s parade, as this match was part of the team’s official presentation to fans for the new season at the Iberostar Stadium.

Real Mallorca 0-1 Napoli
Scorers: Zuniga 15 (N)

Real Mallorca: Aouate, Zuiverloon, Nunes (Crespi 46), Ramis, Caceres, Alejandro, Marti (Pina 65), De Guzman, Tejera (Castro 57), Nsue, Tomer

Napoli: Rosati; Campagnaro (Fernandez 69), Aronica, Ruiz; Zuniga (Dezi 82), Donadel, Dzemaili (Inler 53), Dossena; Mascara (Hamsik 56), Santana (Maggio 72); Lucarelli
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:18 am

By far, the team that worries me the most in Serie A, more than Inter, Milan, Juve or Lazio.

They didn't do much on the market this summer, but they've kept all their major contributors and that's probably their biggest win this summer.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:24 am

I'm expecting Lucarelli to have an excellent season now that he's recovered fully from injury; experienced and capable back-up for Cavani and is practically a new signing for them given how little he was able to play last season. A useful contribution of 10 goals is well within his reach.

I'm still really disappointed that they missed out on Criscito though.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Clownbaby Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:36 am

napoli for the scudetto! CL is not that important, and if napoli were to win the scudetto, then you will see a celebration of epic proportions in napoli! trust me, if you are able to travel to napoli, and they win the scudetto, then it'd be in your best interest to visit! FORZA NAPOLI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Clownbaby
Clownbaby
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by mezzogiornese Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:53 pm

McLewis wrote:By far, the team that worries me the most in Serie A, more than Inter, Milan, Juve or Lazio.

They didn't do much on the market this summer, but they've kept all their major contributors and that's probably their biggest win this summer.

There's still time and Napoli have brought in real quality with Inler.

All they really need is a Dossena/Zuigna replacement a quality CB and a few more depth players and they are very very strong.

mezzogiornese
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:52 pm

mezzogiornese wrote:
McLewis wrote:By far, the team that worries me the most in Serie A, more than Inter, Milan, Juve or Lazio.

There's still time and Napoli have brought in real quality with Inler.

All they really need is a Dossena/Zuigna replacement a quality CB and a few more depth players and they are very very strong.

Think you misunderstood me. I'm not worried for them because they haven't spent money. I think they are arguably the most dangerous side this season BECAUSE they haven't splashed a lot of cash and have managed to keep every player central to their title push last season.

From a Roma perspective, I fear Napoli more than any other side this season. They have what it takes to go the distance this time around I feel.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:41 pm

Tbh, if it weren't for their schedule being packed because of CL, I would choose them to win the league. But Milan has more depth and quality on their team to take on two competitions. I think Napoli's only enemy this season will be their president. He has to stick with Mazzari and not throw him under the bus at the first small sight of trouble, something he's very much capable of doing.

Other than that, Napoli has done relatively well on the transfer market so far and there's still time. Their midfield is sheer quality and they have 4 good attackers. I think they only need a quality defender to round off their team.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:09 pm

I think it's gonna depend on how much Napoli are willing to give in the CL. I personally think they have the scudetto on their minds more than the CL, which is still a step too far for them.

I want them to do well as a representative of Italy, but I just think that Europe is not where their attention will be solely focused on at any particular space of time.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:35 pm

McLewis wrote:I think it's gonna depend on how much Napoli are willing to give in the CL. I personally think they have the scudetto on their minds more than the CL, which is still a step too far for them.

I want them to do well as a representative of Italy, but I just think that Europe is not where their attention will be solely focused on at any particular space of time.

I agree. Apart the fact that teams playing in the CL, well, teams that are very competitive in the CL, usually have a large squad that can substitute key players while not also substituting quality for subpar and mediocre performance. Napoli have a great first team, but if Hamsik, Lavezzi, and especially Cavani were to bow out due to injury, the team would falter I reckon. Even Cannavaro, who is so underrated back there.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:53 am

Group A
Bayern Munich
Villarreal
Manchester City
Napoli

Talk about a group of death.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:23 am

City are gonna crush that group

----------Aguero----------

Nasri------Tevez------Silva

-------De Jong------Toure-----

It wont even be fair

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:56 am

Well if we're speaking simply in terms of the attack, then Munich are the best team in the group, however they don't have a particularly strong defence.

Mancini will play it safe and put Toure behind the strikers in any case. Napoli can still get through this group if the other teams take points off of each other. Even if they hold each other to draws it may be fine if Napoli can grab strategic wins.

Their experience against Villarreal will be very useful and they'll simply have to try to rise to the occasion against Munich and City. Given that they were going to be underdogs no matter they may at least be written off, it will help them to build the mental strength to resist. Whenever Napoli are given a chance they never show up.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:57 am

cyberman wrote:City are gonna crush that group

----------Aguero----------

Nasri------Tevez------Silva

-------De Jong------Toure-----

It wont even be fair

hmm
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:38 am

A tie at home with Bayern Munich leaves Napoli in 2nd place with 5 points after 3 games. A decent display from them today. Maggio was the man of the match for me; he played a great game and was a thorn on the side for Bayern throughout the 90 minutes. De Sanctis also deserves credit for saving a penalty early on in the second half. All in all, I would say Napoli have a real chance of going through to the next round, but they can't afford a slip up at all at this point, given how close the group is. Thoughts?
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next